• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ★ // Binary Graphics & Art

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I just have to say that out of the three most recent Pokemon icons the Froakie one it one I had spent the most time on. It just goes to show that spending more time on your art can really help and often times you end up with a better result because you spent more time on it. ♥ That said thank you both for your crit and I'll keep them all in mind for future icons! Also bookmarked both of the links that Blade linked so I can go back to them for reference with coloring.

That said I have something new to show!

Litwick
Spoiler:

Painted in Sai and then tossed over to Photoshop for the finishing touches like with my last few paintings. I'm too lazy to comment on my own piece but overall I like how it came out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I posted it in a few other places so might as well here too.

Satoshi/Ash
Spoiler:

Trying different angles + coloring and such. Also XY has been amazing so far and I hope it stays that way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
You definitely have a keen eye for colors from the looks of your first post. A lot of potential.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ahhhh finally a piece I can say that I am very proud of!

Jason & Nico
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I am seriously on a roll here.

Apollo Justice (DLC Clothing)
Spoiler:

**SPOILERS FOR AA5**
Chibi!Apollo & (Spoilers)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
So I decided to partake in this thing where for the month of december you draw your favorite according to whatever this thing says. Day one - day four have really been more doodles than actual artwork (though I might still put them up later idk). But I really like how day five came out. So here it is!

Shiny Sylveon
zYFQYYy.png

Also for the heck of it I compared it to the other two sylveon's i drew earlier this year.
Spoiler:

:D?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
EEEEK that Sylveon is wonderful! I love it, really. It looks excellent too. It's not classic Sugimori style, but it really doesn't need to be. You've put a lot of your own style into it and I really appreciate that.

Also I think I'm going to try to do the whole December Pokemon drawing thing too. It seems like fun~!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
You're doing that challenge too! I started it not too long ago and have been posting everyday in my gallery here You're Sylveon is fantastic! I drew Sylveon for Day 5 as well. (You can check it out in my gallery if you like. ) Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sweet! I might go and check it out! I'm not showing every day just the ones that I really like but in the end I might throw them all up in a little thing for all to see idk.

But that said here is my day seven: fire! Didn't really like my day six haha so yeah.

Ycbhdk2.png

I. am. in so much disbelief right now. Like I can't believe at all that I actually drew this and I'm so proud and ughh i actually teared up. I guess this is how it feels to really be proud of something!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Gonna toss up a few more from the Pokemon Challenge. None of them aren't as great as Quilava but I can still see how much I've grown with just these sketches. Especially looking back at my Butterfree (which I am not posting here) the first day of this challenge.

Flying
Spoiler:

Totally cheated and I don't care. ♥

Ghost
Spoiler:

Totally went for a different style here. I like how it came out.

Dragon
Spoiler:

Time for the sketchy ones yep.

Ice
Spoiler:

ahaha

Normal
Spoiler:

Today's.

If you look at the calender I linked for the thing above you'll noticed that I skipped Grass. I didn't like how my Grass one came out so I'm not putting it here as an individual piece. Maybe you guys will see it if I do some sort of jumbo thing at the end with all the pieces. xD

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh gosh I love this sketchy style you're doing. It feels so loose and comfortable, and yet you have really precise control over the direction and it just feels good to look at. I honestly can't point out one favorite of mine. The Flygon and Furret are super cute (well, the Flygon isn't cute so much as it is neutral, and by that I mean it just feels like Flygon in its purest form, you know?), but that Litwick is so clean looking. I especially love the little yellow touches you used to highlight it. I think it makes the whole thing look much more organic. I can easily see someone using that as an avatar/signature. I suggest you watermark it somehow with your pen name, just in case!

Anyway, this work is just fabulous. <3 I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Grass type. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something awesome. Still the cutest gallery on PC. n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Heeee, thanks Alexial! I will certainly see about putting my signature on the litwick somehow! <3

I admittedly stopped drawing for the december thing because i missed on day and after that it just... meh. But I did managed two more drawings I'm happy with beforehand!

Crobat
Spoiler:

Shiny Starmie
Spoiler:

Years
Umm wow. Your lighting/shading is spot on, tara. Good job on those two! Crobat looks great. I can only ever draw it like how it looks from the front. Drawing it while it is flying around freely takes some good knowledge of perspectives and how it affects the bodies of the characters involved in the drawing. So yeah, awesome job on zat.

Backgrounds leave something to be desired, doe. You can always use your graphics knowledge to spice it up in case you're feeling lazy drawing it all up, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
hahaha yeah. Didn't even bother with backgrounds (a lot of people for the challenge weren't tbh) because I didn't even want to try and spend time doing such a thing when it's the Pokemon that is part of the challenge not the background. But either way my backgrounds do need work (looking at my latest two pieces which were gifts so not displaying them here) and I'll work on them when more required, y'know.

But thanks for the compliments! I'm going to say though that while I'm getting used to shading/lighting it's always in one direction in almost every one of my pieces. So what I need to probably work on next in that area is learning how to shade/light from more than just that one direction.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Small update since I haven't done so in a while. Everything this time around are just icons but I did color about four of em.

Tales of the Abyss
O4X3uEP.png
Mk3O3OC.png

Kingdom Hearts
qSkjjCa.png
acpAXQC.png
Eli6QQ2.png
OJc2Tcb.png

The Roxas ones are the ones I colored. For these four I don't really want anyone else using 'em but if someone does please ask first and if I say yes you better credit or else I will hunt you down. ♥

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Aaaaart.

Both based off of an AU (Alternate Universe) Post-Apocalypse Pokemon Panfandom Roleplay on Dreamwidth. Wow that's long haha. Anyways Roxas and Sora and how they are in that universe at this point in time.

Roxas and his Eevee Sora
Spoiler:

Sora and his Shinx Simba
Spoiler:

And three more colored icons. Same thing as the four above.
KBEzy65.png
wYnFGZo.png
NOyy0X9.png

If it wasn't obvious already I'm kind of on a Kingdom Hearts kick oops.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
lalala all the artwork

Eevee
Spoiler:

Klefki
Spoiler:

Roxas
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
more artwork from the past month or so

Sandile
Spoiler:

Poliwag
Spoiler:

Sylveon
Spoiler:

Fletchling
Spoiler:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I love your art!

I'm not a professional artist or someone who really knows about art so I can't make a comment about your linework or any of that but I really really love your character's expressions. The Eevee and Sylveon mouths are the cutest thing ^^

Back