• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
melmetal qc by Cynda #9390 on discord
2IePq8R.png

Now posted in the OP and DropBox!

Lets Go Pikachu sprite !
dcu2y0v-ea109b8d-0f2a-43c6-a5ed-db51eafb7555.png

Original sprite from ??? (please help to credit)
Edit by Yagi八木赤炎 & Desvol 炎山!
Lets Go Eevee sprite !
dcu67kb-7b558bbe-eae0-4e0b-b871-2d515521f19d.png

done by DesvoL

Thanks for sharing your sprites! :nod: However, we won't be featuring the customized costumes of Partner Pikachu and Eevee because we would need to have every combinations possible... Sorry for that...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Gen. 8 titles has just been announced and yes, we will be covering Gen. 8 here! But does that mean that sprites for Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble can be submitted now? Not yet, we have to talk for submission mechanics to allow contributors to properly submit sprites and avoid alternative overwrites so stay tuned... We have to do this to avoid the fiasco that happened prior to the release of SM... :nod::smile:

haimon_99

SupaHabil
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
Hey guys!
I haven't sprited in ages and I got a little excited with the new release of gen 8 so I decided to give it a shot with spriting Grookey:

S3FMtFw.png

sprite by haimon_99

I rushed a bit and overall the sprite needs some fixes, and please give me your feedback.

EDIT: should I delete this message? haven't read thedarkdragon post until now...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Hopefully they keep old style icons and not those oversized let's go icons, because we would have to make new ones, or resize them to 32x32 which would be difficult, for me at least.

I will help anyway I can in time.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
scorbunny sprites by me... Shinies is my colours.
dd0u885-33f0ad86-191f-4b8b-a9f4-5cdbc9e4c80d.png

Hey guys!
I haven't sprited in ages and I got a little excited with the new release of gen 8 so I decided to give it a shot with spriting Grookey:

S3FMtFw.png

sprite by haimon_99

I rushed a bit and overall the sprite needs some fixes, and please give me your feedback.

EDIT: should I delete this message? haven't read thedarkdragon post until now...

Posting sprites are fine, but please don't expect approval or something else as of now... :nod:

le_paragon and I were talking about implementing contribution rules similar to his rules in Smogon... Nothing has been finalized yet but expect something similar to that if someone wants to submit sprites...

Hopefully they keep old style icons and not those oversized let's go icons, because we would have to make new ones, or resize them to 32x32 which would be difficult, for me at least.

I will help anyway I can in time.

I think they'll be implementing the LGPE-style icons since SwSh are Switch games... We have to implement rules for that, especially that we have to follow Gen. 6-style icons...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
I made another Pheromosa sheet, resizing an old sprite found some time ago on DA :/

DcWEkRX.png

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I made another Pheromosa sheet, resizing an old sprite found some time ago on DA :/

DcWEkRX.png

Thanks but we already have a sprite for Pheromosa... :nod:

So when will the Gen 8 sprite project start?

About that, it begins now!

For those who wants to contribute, here are the instructions:

1. Contributors should reserve a specie or form/e (front and/or back sprite) by sending a PM to me and le_paragon stating your intention to make sprite for the chosen specie or form/e... It has to include a sample sprite... Obviously, the sample sprite should correspond whether you're reserving a front and/or back sprite...
  2. We're going to decide if your application will be accepted or rejected and we will announce it in this thread...
  3. There's no time limit or deadline on when the sprite you reserved must be finished... If you can't finish or is dropping the idea of making a sprite, announce it in this thread so that others can reserve... We can declare the reservation abandoned if we checked that the contributor has not logged-in in this forum site for a certain period of time (we won't tell how long)...
  4. Don't forget that the submission must be in DS-style colors, using 16 colors (including background) per sprite... Don't also forget crediting the original artist if you're resizing sprites (no credits are not allowed)...
That only applies to in-battle sprites... Instructions for icons would be announced once they're available... Directly posted sprites without proper reservation would be automatically ignored...

For the Gen. 8 starters, reservations are closed because they're already reserved by le_paragon... Wait for the next reveal of species or form/es to start reserving...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
Thanks but we already have a sprite for Pheromosa... :nod:

ok, fine! I aesthetically prefer a more streamlined version, but maybe is just me :laugh-squinted:

About that, it begins now!

For those who wants to contribute, here are the instructions:

1. Contributors should reserve a specie or form/e (front and/or back sprite) by sending a PM to me and le_paragon stating your intention to make sprite for the chosen specie or form/e... It has to include a sample sprite... Obviously, the sample sprite should correspond whether you're reserving a front and/or back sprite...
  2. We're going to decide if your application will be accepted or rejected and we will announce it in this thread...
  3. There's no time limit or deadline on when the sprite you reserved must be finished... If you can't finish or is dropping the idea of making a sprite, announce it in this thread so that others can reserve... We can declare the reservation abandoned if we checked that the contributor has not logged-in in this forum site for a certain period of time (we won't tell how long)...
  4. Don't forget that the submission must be in DS-style colors, using 16 colors (including background) per sprite... Don't also forget crediting the original artist if you're resizing sprites (no credits are not allowed)...
That only applies to in-battle sprites... Instructions for icons would be announced once they're available... Directly posted sprites without proper reservation would be automatically ignored...

For the Gen. 8 starters, reservations are closed because they're already reserved by le_paragon... Wait for the next reveal of species or form/es to start reserving...

About this, i already finished a 64x64 grookey sprite, before reading the instructions... for the next one i'll just ask by PM, i promese :tongue-poke:
ntu9dXT.png

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Sep 3, 2020
Jaegerlucciano23 has made some awesome Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble sprites! He has labelled them as free to be used!

Grookey: https://www.deviantart.com/jaegerlucciano23/art/Sprite-Grookey-for-GBA-787685099<br>
<br>
Scorbunny: https://www.deviantart.com/jaegerlucciano23/art/Sprite-Scorbunny-for-GBA-787619689<br>
<br>
Sobble: https://www.deviantart.com/jaegerlucciano23/art/Sprite-Sobble-64x64-for-GBA-787601571<br>
<br>
So if he can be contacted these sprites can be accepted, right?

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Jaegerlucciano23 has made some awesome Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble sprites! He has labelled them as free to be used!

Grookey: https://www.deviantart.com/jaegerlucciano23/art/Sprite-Grookey-for-GBA-787685099<br>
<br>
Scorbunny: https://www.deviantart.com/jaegerlucciano23/art/Sprite-Scorbunny-for-GBA-787619689<br>
<br>
Sobble: https://www.deviantart.com/jaegerlucciano23/art/Sprite-Sobble-64x64-for-GBA-787601571<br>
<br>
So if he can be contacted these sprites can be accepted, right?

Thanks for your concern, but again, the sprites for the starters are already reserved and in progress... You can try next time for new species...

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
hi guys, for anyone who we accept as contributors, you are strongly obligated to credit the artists you referred to if you resize or use their sprites as reference. find the original link for the sprite you use. as much as possible don't send sprites if you dont know who made the original

but of course, if you make sprites from scratch, then you dont need to credit yourself. ive seen people do that before and it's kind of annoying lol

and as much as possible, we are trying to keep the rest of this thread clean. on Smogon I can just delete any post easily if I think it's unnecessary. but for here, I dont have that luxury. so darkdragon and I will be reinforcing the application rules strictly. dont post sprites unless we say you're allowed to contribute

Back