• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Wow, that'd be great for you to get that down! And that's great of you to get the first Dream Radar Pokemon here...would you award yourself an emblem to brag about it? I'm also trying to nail it down...But I'm gunning for them to be shiny. Issue? I don't have two Chatot. So I can't do a thing...maybe I should just advance the RNG by saving? But I'm afraid that it would suddenly break the card's memory, knowing that those memory systems would get written for a long time...and it isn't volatile memory, which are known to be pretty resistant, knowing that the RAM is volatile memory. (GF already used it before for Gen I and II games...that didn't work, 'cause if the battery dies, the save file dies too.) For sure...I have a question...I want to nail a certain person's desire so I can get this person's Shiny Pokemon...this person wants a Rash Ditto. I have B2...and my memory serves...Ditto can only be found in Giant Chasm. Well...the problem is, I think that it's in the forest bit and it has weather that negates Sweet Scent, that's what I remember. So...I can't RNG it? Or can I? Thanks. Now I found out...Giant Chasm's Hidden Grotto can give me a Ditto too...and I can simply interact with it to obtain it...and it has its Hidden Ability! So I'd like to do so...But the issue is...I'd have to get it into the Hidden Grotto. Another issue: It's rare for Ditto to appear in the Grotto. Do I have to reset to find it by luck, or can I RNG abuse the Hidden Grotto? And...does the RNG abusing of the Ditto stay the same with other Shiny Flawless Pokemon? And something else...is that the only way to RNG abuse a Ditto in B2?

Last edited:

Skyward Alchemist

Trollizard
Years
ami the only one plays pokemon to have fun? and not go through pain staking pointless stuff like that. i dont even know what rng is and it sounds nerdy. i dc what nature is it or EV training it. i just train and get it to level 100. why do you guys try to kill the fun out of the game?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
ami the only one plays pokemon to have fun? and not go through pain staking pointless stuff like that. i dont even know what rng is and it sounds nerdy. i dc what nature is it or EV training it. i just train and get it to level 100. why do you guys try to kill the fun out of the game?

This is fun to us, that's all. I love playing the game normally and then I like RNGing everything I possibly can. I'm a tinkerer... and to me this is tinkering and I find it quite enjoyable. To each his own, though.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I "kill" the fun so that I can enjoy battling with the best of battlers worldwide. If you want to play normally, go for it, but don't say we're taking the fun out of it. If you ever decide to go to an official pokemon tournament, don't be surprised if you rank lower than 75% of other players. I'll just sit here and laugh.

And oh, by the way, don't bother going to the Pokemon Regional tournament that'll be taking place down in Florida in January. You'll never make it past 2 wins, and I'm allowing leeway on that guess.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Fun is a relative concept, not just in Pokemon but in everything people do. While it may seem too difficult to be enjoyable for you, or too nerdy, it is indeed something that we enjoy. The only fun killing going on around here is when people try to bring down the things we enjoy or the people that enjoy them. :[

If you don't care about natures or even EVs, what do you even do after training something to lv100? Why is being lv100 the only part of training a Pokemon that matters, or the only part that is enjoyable to you? Having terrible lv100 Pokemon is not fun to me, but again fun is a relative concept.

Being able to tailor your team/Pokemon allows you to partake in parts of the game that you otherwise wouldn't be able to do, or at least enjoy.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Ok, so Mac's been nagging me.... He taught me how to do somefin... and dat somefin is RNG id. I didn't actually abuse it so no real good will come of it prolly, but oh well.

Spr_BW_Hilda.png

Rikera
52112/41494

I'm being mushy for the reasoning, and I guess I'll elaborate if asked... regardless...

The starter partner, who I vainly just made sparkly
Spr_5b_495_s.png

Bilatra

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Nice one, Kiromomma!

I am AMAZED how polite you guys are to people who judge RNG while not giving a duck to check what RNG is actually. Chapeau bas. I hope he didn't kill your fun :)

Mac, just lemme get my iOS app emulator and imma get more DR Pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am AMAZED how polite you guys are to people who judge RNG while not giving a duck to check what RNG is actually. Chapeau bas. I hope he didn't kill your fun

Be glad I'm late to the party, cause had I been first to reply to that, I would have been mean. XD I mean, it's silly to say "hey you're killing the fun" when what that person does probably kills the fun to someone else. I think using Repels and skipping trainers kills the fun...but I'm not gonna go tell the world that. Play the game how you want. :P

Now, while I'm here, what's the latest version of PPRNG? I got all my parameter info from my PC and made a document with it on my Mac, so I'm ready to start gradually ditching the thing (still has all my iTunes sob sob) and I'm ready to RNG again. -roars-

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Meh... Syd was too late.

I'm too lazy to do the Hidden Grotto RNG. I just wasted Max Repels all night =/ Anyone help? D:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was too late for what? :o

Anyway, thanks Gonzbr0! I'm glad you said it's nice and faster than RNG Reporter. I'm not fond of change, so I'm already anxious about using it, but to know it's better than RNG Reporter makes me feel better about it. Weeeeeee.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It is faster omg. It took like two seconds to pull up over ten results just now. @_@ Only problem now is I can't figure out how to copy the hex code and get my initial frame...RNGing my Keldeo in Black btw.

edit: omg stupid it gives you that stuff in the box and you don't have to copy the hex cause there isn't one...dur.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Bah, we don't even have a gamestop-like store here. No events whatsoever. Just sell retail cartridges and consoles... =/

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Congratulations! Let's parteeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy.

On the side note, does the Hidden Grotto advances your frame by x? I can't seem to hit the right nature for my Ditto -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back