• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I hope and still waiting for the beta 3 to release. I hope that the PokeGear in the game will register all the trainer you battled. But the important thing is you didn't cancel this kind of remake hack. Please continue doing great things like this. Take your Time, bruh.

Years
Man, I remember when Beta 2 first came out, I was still in middle school. Now I'm going into college, and still playing through it. Crazy that I'm more pumped for a Pokemon hack to update moreso than I am for entire games to come out

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2018
Man, I remember when Beta 2 first came out, I was still in middle school. Now I'm going into college, and still playing through it. Crazy that I'm more pumped for a Pokemon hack to update moreso than I am for entire games to come out

Same here. I've been silently watching this topic from the very start, since... 2010? I'd like to wait until it is completely finished and have the full experience. Ever since I was little and played the original RSE/LGFR games, I always wanted a Gold/Silver remake on the GBA. This very hack is my childhood dream coming true! I hope Diego will finish it, and if he decides not to, I will happily play the latest version anyway :D

All the best to you Diego. This hack is amazing.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Man, I remember playing Beta 2 when I was in school and now I am in my second year of university. A part of me is really hoping this hack is not dead because by lord, is this gorgeous. A real treat for those who choose to remain faithful to the series without any extra add ons etc. I hope to see Beta 3 one day.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Damn...I feel bad.Seriously have no idea what you were going through for the past 4 years.Take your time.Don't rush things.We will always support you.Do things your way,mate.
Thanks, appreciate it!
Keep it easy, Diego, it's only a hobby. Regarding the phone card, couldn't you just use the one found in emerald. The limit of 10 contacts was always stupid anyways.
The Pok?gear is not at all what's keeping me from going back anymore. It contributed to the start of the long break I took but now, the disassembly project is what's needed for me to come back so I've just been working hard on getting that to a usable state.
I know I'm late to the party but I just started on this hack a few minutes ago. Very well done indeed! :) Gen 2 is my favorite of all the games and playing your hack really brings back some good memories!
Thank you!
I hope and still waiting for the beta 3 to release. I hope that the PokeGear in the game will register all the trainer you battled. But the important thing is you didn't cancel this kind of remake hack. Please continue doing great things like this. Take your Time, bruh.
I will! And yeah, the Pok?gear should be able to store many numbers in it.
Funny, because when I released Beta 2 I was just starting high school and now I'm midway through college!
Same here. I've been silently watching this topic from the very start, since... 2010? I'd like to wait until it is completely finished and have the full experience. Ever since I was little and played the original RSE/LGFR games, I always wanted a Gold/Silver remake on the GBA. This very hack is my childhood dream coming true! I hope Diego will finish it, and if he decides not to, I will happily play the latest version anyway :D

All the best to you Diego. This hack is amazing.
Thanks! I honestly can't wait to get back to work on CD and make it even better with the disassembly project.
Man, I remember playing Beta 2 when I was in school and now I am in my second year of university. A part of me is really hoping this hack is not dead because by lord, is this gorgeous. A real treat for those who choose to remain faithful to the series without any extra add ons etc. I hope to see Beta 3 one day.
Don't worry, it's not dead yet.
I'm playing it again today, hoping to see Beta 3 in future. =(
You will, I just can't guarantee when that future is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Yes, yes this one is awesome. You know I always wait for some new Pokemon hacks but this is really awesome.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
Diego, I really like this hack but I was wondering what the crc of your pokemon emerald is. There are two versions out there and I was wondering which of the two US versions you are using as base. Another thing I'd like to ask is what you said in your site regarding the future of this hack. You stated there that you plan to rebuild it from scratch, does that mean our save files wold be useless in the next version? Lastly, beta 3 says that everything in Kanto would be finished, so is beta 3 going to be a completed crystal experience with a few bugs before being labeled as a final product? Thank you and I've had your hack since 2012 and I've really been waiting for you to finish this. I hope you do. I know there's HG/SS but there's something about playing gen 2 in gba that I really like. So please, I hope you can finish this in the near future. Good luck!

PS
Why do you use and IPS file instead of UPS? I thought UPS was better than IPS since it wouldn't patch the ROM unless it's the correct one. That way, people won't get any bugs or crashes by having the wrong version of Emerald as base. Hope you would do a UPS one if you do plan on rebuilding the whole thing. Just a suggestion

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2022
Hi diego i played your rom hack & i finished almost the Johto region but i need to play the Kanto region also. Please can you give me answer for release date of Beta 3 update. İf you don't release it i will delete the game & search for another rom hacks?? thanks!!!

What even...

Sierraffinity

Years
Yes, yes this one is awesome. You know I always wait for some new Pokemon hacks but this is really awesome.
Thank you!
Diego, I really like this hack but I was wondering what the crc of your pokemon emerald is. There are two versions out there and I was wondering which of the two US versions you are using as base.
The CRC-32 of the ROM I work on is 1f1c08fb, but the CRC-32 of the ROM I create the patch against is 5df70329; the latter has a (sloppy) patch to 'fix' 64KB save files on older emulators, but is wholly incompatible with the changes I've made to CD's save file structure. I've known about the different copies floating around the internet for a while now so I create the patch against the broken one to ensure no matter which Emerald you use, the save mechanism is correct and mandates a 128KB save.
Another thing I'd like to ask is what you said in your site regarding the future of this hack. You stated there that you plan to rebuild it from scratch, does that mean our save files wold be useless in the next version?
Yup, exactly. Then again, saves would likely not work regardless of the rebuild or not, simply because of the way I go back and make changes to earlier parts of the game.
Lastly, beta 3 says that everything in Kanto would be finished, so is beta 3 going to be a completed crystal experience with a few bugs before being labeled as a final product? Thank you and I've had your hack since 2012 and I've really been waiting for you to finish this. I hope you do. I know there's HG/SS but there's something about playing gen 2 in gba that I really like. So please, I hope you can finish this in the near future. Good luck!
Beta 3 will indeed finish the strict remake portion of the hack, though that doesn't make it a finished project. The Sevii Islands are still planned to be introduced sometime. And thank you!
PS
Why do you use and IPS file instead of UPS? I thought UPS was better than IPS since it wouldn't patch the ROM unless it's the correct one. That way, people won't get any bugs or crashes by having the wrong version of Emerald as base. Hope you would do a UPS one if you do plan on rebuilding the whole thing. Just a suggestion
It's really out of habit more than anything nowadays, since IPS hacks were the more common (or maybe only) distribution method back when I started. Beta 3 might come as a UPS file, we'll just have to see.
Hi diego i played your rom hack & i finished almost the Johto region but i need to play the Kanto region also. Please can you give me answer for release date of Beta 3 update. İf you don't release it i will delete the game & search for another rom hacks?? thanks!!!

What even...
My thoughts exactly.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
You finally replied! Glad to know you're still alive. Thank you very much for answering all my questions. Good luck with life!

Trainer 766

You doesn't answered my question dude. Would you release the beta 3 yes or no & if yes when would you release it in 1 week - 1 month or 1 year ?

Probably in a week. If beta 3 is not out after a week, wait for a month. If it's still not released, wait for a year. If you have waited an entire year and still receive no updates, wait for a week/a month/a year again and so on. Try it, it works.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
You doesn't answered my question dude. Would you release the beta 3 yes or no & if yes when would you release it in 1 week - 1 month or 1 year ?

1) He does not owe you an answer.
2) Stop being an annoying piece of Garbodor and let him take his time with HIS hack.
3) Do yourself a favor and look up how difficult it is to make a polished Rom hack.
4) There is a manner of asking and clearly you lack basic social etiquette.
5) You have no right to make demands because you are not funding him to make this hack.
5) Learn how to respect people who are putting in time and effort to give birth to a wonderful product for us to play.

Have a good day. ^-^

Sierraffinity

Years
You finally replied! Glad to know you're still alive. Thank you very much for answering all my questions. Good luck with life!
No problem man, and thank you!
I'm so darn hyped for that juicy Beta 3. I remember playing this awhile back. Was really fun and I'm happy you're bringing it back :")
Thanks!

So some of you may have heard what's happening to this site already. Due to that, and the uncertain nature of this site from now on, I just wanted to remind everyone of my website, DoMoreAwesome, and of my thread over at PHO, where I will post any updates that I have on the status of CrystalDust.

Sierraffinity

Years
Can you post the download links on either here or PHO for those of us who can't use your website to get both this game and your other game, Pokemon Opal? If so then thanks!
What do you mean, you can't use my website? The downloads are hosted there so if you can't use it that's an issue.
If the OP is truly waiting for pokemerald, then this hack is dead. The disassembly will take years to finish. I wish guys like OP and LaZ would be honest for once and stop with the "I'll totally start working on this again in 10 years guys!" lies...
You shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions, friend.

Back