• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite pokemon music

which game has the best music?

• red, blue and yellow

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • gold silver crystal

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • ruby saphyre emarald

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • firered leafgreen

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • dimond pearl platinum

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • heartgold soulsilver

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • black and white

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black 2 and white 2

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I love Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald music! Lots of trumpets, but still very good. Specifically, I love Vanderturf (sp?). It's a beautiful song.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I'm more into the R/S/E music soundtrack, especially the Wild Encounter Battle music, Trainer Battle music and Rival Battle music (notice that my favorites are battle music). Hearing the trumpets used in the music just gives me nostalgia, remembering the time I played Pokémon Emerald (using an emulator :classic:).

I also like the other generations' music, but R/S/E music is the best for me. I hope they make a remix once a remake comes... hopefully.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i'm torn between black 2 and diamond. gym leaders last stand and unwavering emotions were good in gen 5 while diamond had route 201 and dialga's theme.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
I really like the B/W 2 music, Not only does it have the best Gym leader theme IMO but it also Has colress.

Colress's music is awesome!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The best in the series is BW. They really paid attention not only to music, but to general sound effects this time. There is a good deal of Sinnoh that I like as well (Route 217 <3).

Worst? RSE. It had good tunes such as Champion, and evil team theme, but the overabundance of trumpets was really exaggerated and sounded completely artificial compared to the 8-bit gems of RBYGSC. Back then I thought it was because of the GBA sound engine. When I learned it was producer choice, I disliked it even more.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
R/S/E. I would vote Colosseum but I guess it doesn't count lol.

Brizz

TM87
Years
I gave my vote to RBY because of the champion theme which is my favorite music in all of the Pokemon games. I can't really recall any of the other sounds from some of the newer games because I usually listen to my ipod when playing Pokemon nowadays.

Firestorm1

Freezing Flame
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
They're all good in their own ways. There isn't an "All of them" button?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
I really thought that Platinum had the best music. I only really liked one of the soundtracks, which was when you were on your way towards the spear pillar.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
The best in the series is BW. They really paid attention not only to music, but to general sound effects this time. There is a good deal of Sinnoh that I like as well (Route 217 <3).

Worst? RSE. It had good tunes such as Champion, and evil team theme, but the overabundance of trumpets was really exaggerated and sounded completely artificial compared to the 8-bit gems of RBYGSC. Back then I thought it was because of the GBA sound engine. When I learned it was producer choice, I disliked it even more.
It'd be nice to some day read a post of yours in which you DON'T take the opportunity to go beyond the scope of the question to complain about RSE. It's extremely tedious.

On topic - Unova, IMO, has the best music from a production standpoint - impressive in quality and variety, and particularly the little themes that are added based on season or who you talk to or such. Sinnoh though has my personal favorite music, and my single favorite piece in any of the games - the Team Galactic battle theme.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I should of mentioned NOT FROM A TECHNICAL STANDPOINT.
top 10!
Silver (HGSS)
Giratina (PLT.)
blue (PWT)
Hoenn champion (PWT)
Red/Lance (HGSS)
plasma grunt (BW2)
Galactic cammander
cyrus
raquasa
Cynthia
they stuffed all the Johto themes in PWT

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I recently got into the gym battle from LeafGreen. I really like the arrange of the original theme. It really fired me up in the Elite Four.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
There can only be one: Definitely Pokemon RBY, the original, awesome, 8bit Perfection!
I dont know about you guys, but as soon as i hear a tune of the original games, i get instant
flashbacks of the first time i played the game. So many memories...That's something the new games are never going to be able to do. Don't believe me? Check out the video and think again ;)

* Pokemon RBY Music Compilation *

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
B2W2 takes the cake for me. All the other games have awesome tracks too, but PWT Final, and Colress Battle Theme are some of the most amazing tracks I've ever heard from Pokemon to date.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I kind of wish there was a multiple choice option in the poll, since I'm torn between R/S/E and BW. The RSE music just got something about it that makes you feel like your on and adventure. All of the trumpets and rolling drum are cheerful and rather catchy. And then BW has some of the most beautiful music in any Pokemon game I've heard. Plus I love how some of the song have "layers" that you turn on and off by interacting with certain people and places. It so well composed and I can find myself humming the songs all the time. Gen V in general had some amazing tunes in it.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
It may be because I started out with Gen III, but my favorite pokemon soundtrack had to be from the Hoenn Region in R/S/E. I just felt the powerful orchestral score was amazing and used every last bit of the GBA's audio capabilities. If we are talking about any Pokemon game here and not just the handheld titles, then the best music was from Pokemon Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness.

lazy~

World's Laziest Trainer...
Years
I think diamond, pearl and platinum has the best soundtrack. I like all of the route and town/city music with my favorite being the Veilstone City theme.

Back