• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Ok guys, quick question. I have been working on my hack, using fire red, and Advanced Map. I made a new connection, and since then, every time I try to leave a building, the game resets to the title screen. When I try to start the game over, it leads to a black screen, but has my music playing. What am I to do, has anyone else had this issue? If yes, how did you fix it?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Thanks for the help, but could you elaborate about the hex? If I want to make the multichoice boxes say cyndaquil, charmander, and torchic would I have to find a box to replace it with more characters than them? Could I put it in an unused offset space? Could I use a 6-choice command and make it 3 choices so I wouldn't overwrite?

Well shorten the names to make them the same size as the old one e.g. Charmander - Char. I don't think it's possible to add or take away choice on a multichoice but there is a scripting command which lets you choose how many options to put on one line.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well shorten the names to make them the same size as the old one e.g. Charmander - Char. I don't think it's possible to add or take away choice on a multichoice but there is a scripting command which lets you choose how many options to put on one line.

No, you can completely make new multichoices.
You need to repoint the table data, but it is there.
There is a tutorial in the Docs. and Tuts. section.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Does anyone know what the number for the title in Pokemon emerald is in Unlz.gba? The one that says Pokemon emerald. Any, and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Any help guys? I just ran through almost all of the numbers in the old UNLZ.gba (and translated a good bit of the dutch) but still no dice. I just need the big yellow and blue pokemon logo and the text under it that says Pokemon Emerald. Thank you!

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
pokecry.

after searching this fo hours, i must ask a few things. first of all, im using firered.
now, how do i use pokecry? does repointing the crys prevent messing up others?
can someone give me a table of the pokemon cry offsets and numbers in a txt file?
and last of all, thanks in advance! this will progress my hack 25%

Please reply asap!!!

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Yo Yo Yo! MC Blaze on the mic.

Question of the day: How do I import a trainer sprite to the game? I'm hacking Fire Red, by the way. If you have a heart, you'll forgive my noobness and help me.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Open UNLZ.GBA, search for a trainer sprite, then import a new one and Select Write To ROM. The trainers are around 1700-1900 I think.

I did that, acording to destinedjagold's tutorial, but when I engage a battle with that trainer, I get a blackscreen, what does this mean?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I did that, acording to destinedjagold's tutorial, but when I engage a battle with that trainer, I get a blackscreen, what does this mean?

You didn't insert the trainer at an offset ending with 0,4,8 or C. Any offset that doesn't end in any of those will mess up the ROM when the picture should be displayed. So always insert an image at an offset ending with 0,4,8 or C.

E.g. 0x720120 - yes. 0x98DF6F - no.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
You didn't insert the trainer at an offset ending with 0,4,8 or C. Any offset that doesn't end in any of those will mess up the ROM when the picture should be displayed. So always insert an image at an offset ending with 0,4,8 or C.

E.g. 0x720120 - yes. 0x98DF6F - no.

It worked!... but the sprite colors are messed up, how do I fix that?

Buck

Just some guy from Minnesota.
Years
Is anyone aware/in possession of a program that can add move/pokemon types to a game? I played this one hack, pokemon prism I believe, in which there were a few new types like abnormal and gas. I've been hacking a ruby ROM and would like to add some types to my game. Anyone know how to do this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is anyone aware/in possession of a program that can add move/pokemon types to a game? I played this one hack, pokemon prism I believe, in which there were a few new types like abnormal and gas. I've been hacking a ruby ROM and would like to add some types to my game. Anyone know how to do this?

There isn't a tool, as far as I am aware. You need to use Hex Editing (I think) to add more types.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
I have been searching, but I know I can't search all of these pages for an answer. I went through about 200, plus googled and all that good stuff, but I didn't see an answer to this. The only time I even saw the question again, it was unanswered in a locked board.

I moved a warp point in Advanced Map. It worked on there, where I could use the goto back and forth. When I load the rom and play, the same warp only leads to a black screen. Any idea what I did?

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Hey there, dudes.

This is my last question of the day, I promise, I think you guys had enough of my noobness. How do I create a new person on A-Map? I've looked everywhere and I don't find the option to do it (or maybe I found it but I don't get it) I'm sorry, I need help.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey there, dudes.

This is my last question of the day, I promise, I think you guys had enough of my noobness. How do I create a new person on A-Map? I've looked everywhere and I don't find the option to do it (or maybe I found it but I don't get it) I'm sorry, I need help.

Easy, in A-Map, when you are in the map you want to add a sprite to, click on the events tab, and scroll to the bottom of the preferences panel.
At the bottom, you should see 4 drop down boxes. Just increase the number of whatever you need, and then click the 'Change Events' button, and a new Sprite will appear in the top left corner of the map.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
How do I create a new person on A-Map?
If you go to the events tab and scroll down in the panel on the right hand side you can set the amount of each event (person, sign, warp, script).

Edit: Beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back