• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
for Ctep:
I can tell you what you can do not to play again. Save often. After you save, File -> Cartridge Menu (Filename) -> choose ROM and open it or turn emulator off and then back on. Then you can continue where you started. It is important, that it is you, who ends the game, not the error.

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2009
My game frequently freezes, and when i turn off to load the last save, it says it cannot load it. sometimes it loads the save again, but not often. any suggestions?

btw this is on the r4ds

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • Age 22
  • Asia
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
I have the same problem as the two users above. The game runs nicely until I get into the battle. If I run it doesn't get frozen, but If I knockout a wild Pokemon or in trainer battle the screen freezes and it doesn't continue. It just...stops.

If anyone could help, I would really appreiate it. I have no DS and the emulator is the only way to play this kind of game in my country :(

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
Years
ive been playing soul silver on dsemume, but that runs at about 70 percent. ive also tried no$ and put in the code to make it work, but after a while i get the "rom image has crashed" message, and i have to start from where i restarted my emulator last, which is a big pain. so my question would be either how to make dsemume run at about 150 percent or how to make sure no$ doesnt give me that message.

Skullking17

Trainer
Years
when I open my soul silver rom in no$gba all that happens is their is a a blue screen with a bunch of Japanse words can someone help.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2015
when I open my soul silver rom in no$gba all that happens is their is a a blue screen with a bunch of Japanse words can someone help.

Do you mean after the title screen? If so, that's normal, just choose the bottom bubble. If not, then I can't help you.

OKay, it worked fine for me and I played kinda cautiously and saved alot but then I turned it off and back on and I started and the same place that I started the first time, as if I had never saved =/.

( I started and played 20 min saved and turned it off -> loaded the game and played saving alot in between and turned it off at 1:15 -> when I tried to load it, it was back at 20 min)

Any ideas what I did wrong?

And btw, the battles work for me.

EDIT: Actually I think I found a solution, I guess I'll post it just in case anyone else needs it. You have to make the NDS Rom Backup media Flash 512kBytes.

EDIT2: Okay now I'm having problems with this again and I lost 30 more min of game...

Last edited:

ShadowInfernape

Fire's Revenge
Years
  • NZ
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Anybody who is having the black screen after Oak issue, follow the megaupload link posted below:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYATR5X1

This is a download for the pokefix patcher. Simply follow the instructions that come bundled with.

This does not contain the rom, ofcourse.

Anybody who is having saving issues, I don't really know what to tell you. Make sure you have your NDS Cartridge Backup Media set correctly in the No$GBA setup. I have mine set to "Flash 512KBytes."
After the patch and making sure it's set correctly saving turns out just fine for me.

I have done all of this and my game still freezes when I try to save...

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2009
For me, I'm trying out the rom on No$GBA. What you all have mentioned, I've experienced before. THis is how I ensure that I get minimal crash possibilities, but making sure my save is there.

1. Saving in the game frequently doesn't equate that the save file will be there. If you want to make sure your save file will be created properly, after saving, close the emulator. Upon closing, the actual save file will be re-created.
2. Turn it back on, your latest save should be there.

Do these often and you won't lose your save data.

I also get a enter-battle bug(you are supposed to enter a battle but the screen freezes, music plays in-game battle) that I have no choice but to hope my latest save is not that far off.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Can I somehow turn all crashes off on NO$Gba, I played today from Violet City to Azalea Town, I was in pokécenter just about to save, I just wanted to heal my pokémon first. And... only music plays!!! Most of the crashes are already off but there's some random crashes and I want them off too.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
Years
now i have a new problem lol. no$ was working relatively well, with the occasional crash/freeze. now, though, about 75 percent of the time i save, the rom image crashes right after i finish saving. it wasnt doing this before, any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, there are a few things wrong the ROM I was playing...

Well, for one, there is a problem in Sprout Tower: Don't get that first PokéBall on the top floor, or your game will freeze in battle with that first monk.

Second, the save isn't working properly. Apparently, I'm saving my game after everything I've done now, and I even set it to Flash 512K, and it still brings me back to nearly the beginning.

Thirdly, occasionally, my game will freeze at a certain point, and say "The ROM image has crashed."

So here's my question:
Should I just make save states if I want to progress further in the game?​

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
@Wind:
1. Thats just your ROM, it's fine with me.

2. Make sure your sound isn't on Digital Mono, it has to be Stereo.

3. It happens to everyone.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Well, there are a few things wrong the ROM I was playing...

Well, for one, there is a problem in Sprout Tower: Don't get that first PokéBall on the top floor, or your game will freeze in battle with that first monk.

Second, the save isn't working properly. Apparently, I'm saving my game after everything I've done now, and I even set it to Flash 512K, and it still brings me back to nearly the beginning.

Thirdly, occasionally, my game will freeze at a certain point, and say "The ROM image has crashed."

So here's my question:
Should I just make save states if I want to progress further in the game?​

I solved my saving problem by opening same rom again after saving, I always do that and it always saves that. As I start my game I'm in DS menu and I think game wants to quit there too, so that's why I always do that. It works with me. I didn't have any problems with Sprout Tower. I'm using NO$Gba.

My game just crashes randomly as I said up there.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2009
Guess we may have to live with the random crashes, but save and restart your emulator often and it shouldn't be a big problem.

I have not encountered the save finish and crash immediately issue. =.=

Btw guys, I notice from some screenshots, they are quite colored. I'm using No$GBA, but the colors are quite...dull to say the least. Anyone knows how or why to rectify this issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back