• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This is more of a quick question so I'll move it into to the 4th Gen Help thread. Please use that next time if you have any other questions.

Merged

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
these are the pokemon i have

lv1 totodile
lv1 skarmory
lv1 aipom
lv1 eevee
lv9 girafarig
lv18 horsea
lv15 stantler
lv13 miltank
lv17 wobbuffet
lv19 heracross
lv20 dunsparce
lv20 poliwag
lv22 togepi
lv25 ledian
lv26 teddiursa
lv22 chansey
lv25 murkrow
lv20 furret
lv26 sunkern
lv23 swinub
lv24 pineco
lv28 delibird
lv21 phanpy
lv24 houndoom
lv21 skiploom
lv24 golbat
lv27 xatu
lv20 magby
lv26 sneasel
lv33 red gyarados
lv31 ditto
lv39 umbreon
lv37 noctowl
lv47 pupitar
lv50 magcargo
lv50 feraligatr
lv50 ampharos
lv50 scizzor
lv51 lugia
lv62 steelix
lv100 houndoom

please tell me a good way to raise them

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...First, I'd shorten the list...you can ask for more specific help in the in-game team help forum in Battle Center, but you'd need a team of 6 for that, not necessarily this huge list. No one wants to list all the different ways to train about 30 Pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The item doesn't unlock in HG/SS. There is no way to open it. In HG/SS it was a filler item that never got finished, like many things from the past.

For B/W All you have to do is take it to Mr. Locke and he unlocks it. There aren't any specific requirements to unlock it other than it has to be Transfered over from HG/SS through the Download thing...I forgot the name but its how you transfer Celebi and the Shiny Beasts to unlock the Zorua/Zoroark events. If you don't do the transfer that way then the events don't work.
I'm familiar with the Relocater in B/W, that's what transfers the Lock Capsule. However, to transfer it, you have to have it. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get it since Nintendo/GF never released it (and at this point I suggest never intend to).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'm familiar with the Relocater in B/W, that's what transfers the Lock Capsule. However, to transfer it, you have to have it. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get it since Nintendo/GF never released it (and at this point I suggest never intend to).

Cyclone

You could probably get an Action Replay code for it because i don't think GF is handing them out anymore.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Platinum for old-ish Pokemon

Hello I am going to buy my first NDS however I am not sure what Pokemon game to get for it. I am leaning towards Platinum so I can get Pokemon I could not get in HG/SS (or B/W). I am going to talk my wife into getting one too so we can trade between the two. So for the sake of getting old Pokemon is Platinum a good choice (and is it fun?)?

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
I know that you can get quite a lot but I want particular ones. Like Skitty - she is available only by trade in HG/SS/B/W (in B/W I can actually go into Dream World but I like the 4th gen. better). I would import Skitty (and a few others I cannot get) to the newer games but my Emerald game died long ago sadly.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
You can get Skitty by the Pokewalker tho, but you gotta walk a ton before unlocking the route where she's found^^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It's all up to you really. Both are great games, having played them countless time myself. Platinum is a great game if you want to experience gameplay in the Sinnoh region, and HGSS if you want to get a fantastic experience in Johto and Kanto. Really, I'd opt for HGSS, because not only are you able to obtain an enormous range of Pokemon from several regions, but I've found that HGSS have a much larger post game (abother region obviously).

If your wife is considering purchasing a game as well I'd defnitely suggest that one of you purchase a game in the HGSS series and the other a game in the DPPt (Platinum is the better choice).

Anyway, this type of thread doesn't warrant itself, and belongs in the Fourth Gen Help Thread, so imma move it along!

Have fun and enjoy your game!

Moved

Last edited:

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Hi, I was just wondering how to get Pokemon sprites in my forum posts?

Like, whenever I see someone in the forum listing their pokemon team, they use the sprites of the pokemon in their team (sometimes they're animated, sometimes they aren't.)

Can anyone explain to me how to do this? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Hi, I was just wondering how to get Pokemon sprites in my forum posts?

Like, whenever I see someone in the forum listing their pokemon team, they use the sprites of the pokemon in their team (sometimes they're animated, sometimes they aren't.)

Can anyone explain to me how to do this? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Find a website which has pokemon sprites by a simple google search and when creating a post, Right click the sprite copy the image URL then click the little picture of the mountains across the top Ctrl-v the image url in and press ok. There you have it :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2012
Just found Brother's Soul Silver. HELP!

I just found my little bros soul silver and without deleting his game save played it for an hour. Now i just found out that I can't overwrite the game save from in game. I really don't want to lose all my work. PLEASE HELP!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Do you mean you can't save the game? If so, I'm not sure what could be done. Perhaps a quick google on this issue might find you a solution? I'm assuming it might be a technical issue, but with the little informaiton it's hard to expand on that there.

Anyway, this belongs in the 4th Gen Help thread!

Moved.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ah, I've seen this problem before. Unfortunately unlike the older games where you could overwrite the save file even if a previous one was already there, the newer games Gen IV and V, don't allow that. Sadly, nothing much can be done about this other than turning it off and deleting your brother's save file then play again.

That's all that can really be done unfortunately ;_;, but hopefully I helped!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Having a little trouble, I'm playing diamond and I want to get heatran, problem is Buck was at the bottom of the stark mt. but when I enter the mt. where Buck is supposed to be added to your party he is not there, have I missed some thing some where or what?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Ok do Pokemon in the Sinnoh Safari Zone appear at certain times? I'm like spending money on these binoculars and seeing the same Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back