• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen RNG Abuse Method 1 tanking, here!

User19sq

Trying for a shiny Wynaut from Lavaridge Town's old lady, using RNG Reporter and EonTimer. The more times I try, the weirder the resulting frames I hit, nowhere near my target.

Anyone immersed in Method 1 RNG-abuse care to help?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've been successful in Method 2H a few times now (but I'm no expert); it's kind of the same procedure right?

What game are you doing this on?

User19sq

I've been successful in Method 2H a few times now (but I'm no expert); it's kind of the same procedure right?

What game are you doing this on?

Emerald.

H-2 is mainly used for wild encounters; I've successfully used it too. 1 is for gift/received Pokemon, like the Wynaut egg, fossils, and the Lati@s.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've only looked at it a little bit but I already got all the stationary/gift Pokémon in RSE so I never tried myself. Have you been successful with Method 1 before?

User19sq

I've only looked at it a little bit but I already got all the stationary/gift Pokémon in RSE so I never tried myself. Have you been successful with Method 1 before?

No, this is actually my first attempt at utilizing it.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Are you sure you're following the procedure correctly (starting EonTimer when you reset; pressing A at the right moment)? The first times it's obviously gonna be hard to hit the right target but how far are you from your target frame usually?

User19sq

Spoiler:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Oh god, your target is very late. Don't you have an earlier shiny frame (before 10,000)? Like this it's gonna take ages for you to hit your target.

User19sq

Oh god, your target is very late. Don't you have an earlier shiny frame (before 10,000)? Like this it's gonna take ages for you to hit your target.

Not an ideal shiny frame, no. This one's just a half-hour late; I've RNG'd for later, successfully.

Back