• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Mediocre Pokémon

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I genuinely like Lucario, just because. *shrugs* Overrated or underrated, why should it matter? I'm not a fan of furries personally, but then furries don't come to mind when I look at Pok?mon like Lucario. At least, not to me. If I followed that train of thought, I would probably hate Zeraora?which is one of my favourites!

When it comes to mediocrity, I'd say most the single or two-stage evolutionary lines with unremarkable stats. Qwilfish fits the bill pretty well, haha. A lot of them have nice designs, if only they were buffed up a little!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 3, 2019
I agree about Stantler - its one of those mons that I always tend to forget exists. And the lack of a psychic typing is indeed baffling.

dannymusic

The Smiling Trombonist
Years
My pick goes to Maractus. "Hey, we want to put a desert cactus Pokemon in Gen V but can't use Cacnea and Cacturne."

"Uhh, how about a pokemon that looks like a friendlier version of Cacturne but doesn't have an additional type aside of grass and doesn't evolve?"

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
I was thinking of Mothim since I still keep forgetting about it even though its design isn't bad by any means. It just isn't too memorable to me.

Years
The thing with mediocre pokemon is I don't remember them because they're, well, mediocre. Voltorb and Electrode are just colored spheres, and a lot of baby pokemon just feel kind of "meh" to me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
I definitely agree that Stantler is incredibly mediocre. I'm doing a Normal monotype run through Gold right now, and I REALLY wanted to use Stantler - but after looking at its stats and movepool, I replaced it with Togetic, of all things. There's really nothing it can do that other Normal types can't do better, it has no niche at all. It's just... There. I agree that it should've been half Psychic type - maybe it could've been a counterpart to Girafarig that way.

It is cool looking, though.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
Heatmor is just... wasted potential. Could've been amazing if it had an evolution or at least a stat over 105, with most of its stats being under 100. Well, thanks Gamefreak for ruining a Pok?mon with amazing potential. What else is new?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
When I played moon, I really enjoyed the design for Pikipek, and I was kinda okay with Trumbeak, but when I look at the final evolution, Toucannon I was disappointed. I didn't want a parrot, although makes sense for the region. Overall I think it's move set is decent and I enjoyed using it, until I replaced it with Lunala.

Back