• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I feel like they're making the protagonists older and more mature in style to appeal to Pokemon's maturing fanbase. I don't know any stats, but I'm sure a majority of Pokemon sales are older fans of previous generations. I'm not complaining though. Being a teenager, it feels awesome to be a character my age and that looks almost exactly like me!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Just a reminder please to keep the discussion more towards player customisation than thoughts on the protagonists themselves, which can be done in this thread.

I suppose being able to change some details is neat, but it's never been a feature that I cared much for in any game.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Idk why but Crystal's hair always looked more blue to me and Dawn's looked more black with blue highlights...

In GSC, her hair is blue, but blue = black.

Which means Dawn has black hair, too, but because of just how blue it is (and the fact it came out in later generations where "black" was feasible without looking wonky), she truly has "blue" hair.

I've been hoping for a blonde protagonist since GSC. I hated not having a MC that shared my hair colour :( I feel the same way about Harvest Moon, too! Which is why More Friends of Mineral Town is one of my favourites of the series - blonde girl!

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
In GSC, her hair is blue, but blue = black.

Which means Dawn has black hair, too, but because of just how blue it is (and the fact it came out in later generations where "black" was feasible without looking wonky), she truly has "blue" hair.

I've been hoping for a blonde protagonist since GSC. I hated not having a MC that shared my hair colour :( I feel the same way about Harvest Moon, too! Which is why More Friends of Mineral Town is one of my favourites of the series - blonde girl!

Hmm I see. I've been waiting for a blonde protag too!!! I am brunette but omg, everytime a new gen is announced I hope for a blonde protaganist, and we finally got not one, but TWO (Although the males isn't default :P) I do hope we can customize the hair color more thouroughly than just blone, platinum blonde and brunette though. I hope we get a wide selection of colors to choose from. We haven't had a ginger protaganist yet either ;)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Since there will be clothing and accessoires available as well, then i guess there could be more haircuts and colors to chose from?
I wonder if every city will have like a store where you can buy this sort of stuff, or if you unlock it by accomplishing something??

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I think the three character choices are just presets and once you select one it will pan out and let you customize stuff further... Here's hoping...

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Clothing Speculation

What kind of outfits and accessories are you hoping to see in X and Y as you play through it? plus maybe even more could be added with DLC in the eshop.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I bet there we be clothing choices (for the player) , I'm hoping for some cameo clothing, like Majora's mask, Mario's hat, or a tee-shirt with my Mi's face on it

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe we can get some special clothes based on past players? Maybe even some anime characters? Like the male character can have Red and Ethan's clothes thoughout the years,and both versions of Brandon and Lucas', and those of Nate and Hilbert as well. while the Female character can have their female counterparts, maybe even a black dress as a tribute to Blue (female) from Pokémon special and as a tribute to the female character who was going to be in Red and Green.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I`d like to see where exactly we get these clothes from and for what purposes. Maybe casual shops in cities? Itd make sense since Europe is pretty into fashion I guess.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I personally hope for some basic stuff like different pants, shirts and hats where I can change the R/B/G levels of it...

Also it would be cool and smart to do cross promo clothing with the game... Like buying Mario could unlock some Mario like clothing... Something that doesn't look strange in the world, but makes sense for it to be unlocked by that game; like overalls for Mario.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
In Animal Crossing you can create custom designs/prints on your clothing, and that would be an awesome idea implemented into X/Y. You could share the designs with your friends or even others over wi-fi.

Also, I like hiff8's idea. Cameo clothing (like Zelda, Mario, etc.) would be cool to see, but I honestly doubt that would happen. After all, it's just a handheld game and the feature would be mostly useless. But we'll see.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I expect the basic clothing like the ones sold in local stores like GAP and Forever 21 and cameo clothes from previous Pokemon titles, as well as other Nintendo franchises. I fear that they might add bathing suit accessories, but to be fair, Dragon Quest 9 has those type of clothing, but it only got an E 10+ rating for alcohol references and mild language rather than the inclusion of bathing suits.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Going ahead and merging this into the Player Customizations thread, but I'd definitely want something like a private school uniform attire. The ones you see a lot of in the Japanese anime. I love those! I'm expecting for there to be more basic outfits to choose from though. Nothing overly dramatic in the sense.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I agree with MarinoKadame, I miss the seals that we had for Gen IV.

As for actual character customization, I want them to make like it Battle Revolution in terms of clothes and accessories, and I hope we can mix and match the hair/skin tones because not everyone with fair skin has platinum blonde hair and not everyone with darker skin has black hair. I'm more like the fair girl in that I'm pale with blue eyes but my hair color is like the default girl. But anyway.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I expect the basic clothing like the ones sold in local stores like GAP and Forever 21 and cameo clothes from previous Pokemon titles, as well as other Nintendo franchises. I fear that they might add bathing suit accessories, but to be fair, Dragon Quest 9 has those type of clothing, but it only got an E 10+ rating for alcohol references and mild language rather than the inclusion of bathing suits.

Yup, I've brought up the cameo clothing options before, and still stand by it. It'd be a great way to throw in cameos that the players would recognize without having to actually throw the characters in. I could easily see things like Link and Mario popping up, and maybe something like Peach's attire from Mario Golf/Tennis popping up (since who would want to travel the region in that dress of hers?).

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Like I'm said I'm looking for some Cameo clothing, Olimar helmets, Mario hats, and maybe Majora's mask

Back