• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Other King

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Genres: Alternative Universe/Historical Romance/Crossover
Rating: T
Notes: The story has been inspired by the many wonderful stuff about The Tudors and Game Of Thrones. I hope you all enjoy the story. Just so you know, Lord Gropius is N and Kamon is Silver, the rival from HGSS. Giovanni is also Ash's father, as well as Lance and Gary's uncle in this story. The story is complete, but I've only just uploaded this story on here in the hope of getting more feedback to make the story better. There will also be characters from other fandoms that will pop up now and again.
Summary: Queen Iris divorced King Lance of Johto to marry her lover, Cilan. After the new marriage, other noblemen hatch their plots. Who will support the relationship when The Queen's family are against it? Can the relationship survive before it's too late?

wishfulshipping_zpsd2970e27.png

The Other King

Chapter One: Gracious Divorce
In 1593, The Dragon Empire was in jeopardy. In a short amount of time, The Dragon Empire consisted of most of Asia, as well as two of the major pokemon regions in Japan; Unova and Johto. The very thing that formed the empire in the first place would tear it apart. Queen Iris of Unova had made a controversial decision. Lady Clair believed that Queen Iris had made a terrible mistake. Queen Iris had broken herself out of the the arranged marriage to Lance. He was the King of Kanto, as well as Clair's paternal cousin. She was the godmother of his children. Drayden, the queen's grandfather had arranged the marriage with Lance's grandfather, Drake when he was still alive. Iris and Lance's passion for dragons was the fuel to their marriage. The result of it was a wealthy empire and two healthy sons.

Clair gazed into the night sky and then faced her dragonair swirling around her. She patted the dragonair and asked her, "Why would Iris leave Lance for an irrelevant duke?"

Her dragonair did not know the answer. The duke she was referring to was the Duke Of Striaton, Cilan Dento. He was an energetic man with a love for theatre and the arts. He was slim and would often boast about his divine rhythm and beautiful green hair. The very sight of Cilan made Clair roll her eyes and cringe. All she could see in the queen's future husband was a man who loved himself too much.

Lance was brave, strong and cunning. Everything that Clair considered herself to be too. Lance had soothed a civil war between elders and prevented Kanto armies from invading Johto and Unova. Cilan couldn't even run from a slowpoke. Clair couldn't understand it. Lance had many women swoon over him, but he would never date any of them. He was far too loyal to his duties.

Lance had been engaged to Iris since she was a toddler. Their grandfathers, Drake and Drayden, had been planning the marriage for many years. Drake was in his final years and Iris' mother, Queen Lola, had been missing. Lance and Iris were both next in line to the throne in their respective regions, and they were both already popular all around Asia. As soon as Iris was 15, the two of them were married. Iris gave birth to Prince Pagan a year later. Lance believed that it was his destiny to become king. With the marriage coming to an end, Clair's mind became invaded by Iris' two sons. The oldest was eleven years old whilst the youngest was only six years old. The poor boys: their innocence would soon be snatched away.

From the distance, Clair saw Lance ride on his dragonite as they tumbled down from the moon. Lance waved at Clair and she waved back. Clair's heart bounced. It was the first time she had met her cousin since Iris announced her engagement to Cilan. She had expected Lance to be broken, silent and bitter. But he was smiling.

Lance jumped off his dragonite and said, "Good evening, Clair."

"Good evening Your Majesty."

"Her Majesty will be married soon," Lance said. He lowered his head as he spoke. The movement of his arms became rigid and then subtle. "I wish her well. I hope that Salem and Pagan get on with their new step father."

"Why are you letting go so easily?" Clair snapped. Her firsts curled up into a ball as her face turned red. "I'm disgusted with the way you've been tossed about after everything you've done for the country. The ungrateful witch!"

"Iris is clearly happy with Cilan," Lance interrupted Clair. "I know any other man would be angry at something like this, but for me I feel rather... delighted."

"Delighted?" Clair gasped. She didn't think that any of it was true. "But you've just been betrayed."

"Judge it any way you like Clair," Lance responded. He remained calm, polite and full of dignity. He was like a man who was gracious in defeat. He pulled his cloak over to his shoulders and continued to praise Iris. "Our love for dragons brought us together. I am happy to have known such a vibrant woman like Iris. She's an intelligent woman and also a great dragon trainer. She knows the hearts of the dragons well. It was not my decision to divorce, but she had clearly fallen in love with Cilan. I politely walked away, knowing it was for the best. We will still be friends."

"Are you going to the wedding?" Clair asked.

"Of course," Lance said in pride. "It will be the perfect opportunity to see Salem and Pagan. We've only been in touch through letter nowadays. Iris has asked me not to enter the castle again."

"That's insane," Clair spat out. "Denying a man the right to see his children."

"I can sneak in."

"I'm going to talk to Iris about this!" Clair was determined. She felt that Lance was hiding his sorrow. He loved Iris very much. Clair had no doubt about that. And she couldn't bear to see anyone from her family unhappy. She considered herself a good problem solver. "I'm not letting Cilan destroy everything you've worked so hard for."

"You must forever hold your peace," Lance requested. "Can you do that?"

Defeated. Clair lowered her head. "If you insist. But I'll promise you if something bad happens to my godsons, I'll have to break that promise."

Lance approached Clair and gave her one the biggest hugs she could imagine. Clair felt warm, but startled. The last time Lance gave Clair a hug was when she was a little girl. He gazed into her eyes and whispered, "Clair, you have been ever so good to me." Clair could see his eyes welling up. "Thank you for looking out for me at such a fragile moment of time."

~*~​

Princess Delia stood behind the windows staring at the fearows passing by. Out of the blue, she stated: "I'm so proud of my little boys. They've both grown up into brave soldiers and fine princes." Her eldest son, Ash was knighted by Queen Cynthia, Queen Iris and King Lance. He and his Pikachu fought bravely in battle and won many wars for various regions. He was known as The Red Prince. Her youngest son, Kamon was known as The Silver Prince. Kamon trained as a solider like his brother before him.

"So you should be," said the voice of the man behind her. The man was her husband, Giovanni Ketchum: The Archduke of Viridian. He brushed Delia's auburn hair with fingers as he saw his tired face reflect upon him. He admired her pink dress with blue lacing. Delia had been bright and optimistic just as she was when Giovanni first met her.

"They always wanted to be king." Delia twirled and faced Giovanni. Persian, Giovanni's beloved cat pounced on-top of Delia and licked her hand. Giovanni stroked Persian as he rolled on the ground waiting for his stomach to be rubbed. "Even though I couldn't pass the throne down to them, they were still determined to be fine kings. Not to mention Gary married the Duchess of Cerulean - Ash admired her greatly. She was his childhood sweetheart."

Gary was Delia's nephew, and her older sister's son. Delia had also had a niece called May that became a servant for Mew and was now known as Sister Daisy. She lived in Lavender Cathedral, next to the tower where all of Kanto's executions take place. Delia could never forget the look of disappointment on Giovanni's face when his sister-in-law gave birth to Gary. Giovanni had hoped that his side of the family would snatch the throne by giving birth to sons.

Three hours after her nephew was born, Delia's long awaited child, Ash was born. Ever since she was a child, she wanted nothing more than be a mother. She yearned for the responsibility and the rewards. Ever since she was born, Delia was expected to have everybody do all the work for her. She didn't like it at all because she believed in putting matters into her own hands. She found taking part in the housework therapeutic. Three years later, Delia gave birth to Kamon.

Delia and Giovanni reflected on how far their children had came. Their bravery and determination to become king had driven them to become great soldiers. Giovanni told his wife, "King of Hoenn is anxious for Ash to marry his daughter. Our eldest son has obviously found someone who can make his dreams come true."

Delia raised her head and walked over to the family portraits above the fire place. The one at the top showed Prince Ash clinging onto the three-year old Misty. Ash's red tunic brought out the brightness in Misty's ginger hair and yellow dress. As she gazed into the portrait, she said to her husband: "Call me old-fashioned but I want my children to marry for love."

"You don't think Ash loves May?" Giovanni asked. He raised an eyebrow then stood behind Delia.

"Of course he does," Delia replied. "But not the kind of love he felt for Misty."

"But that was years ago," Giovanni reminded her. He held onto Delia and carried her away from the portrait. "Ash will get everything he ever wanted."

"But Norman and Caroline have a son. He could be king."

"I very much doubt that Prince Max will become king. He wants to become a priest. And judging by the letters I have received by Norman, it seems he wants to pass the throne to his daughter."

"May... She's a lovely girl." Giovanni carefully placed Delia on a red chair. She turned and saw a portrait of Iris when she visited Kanto when she was pregnant with Salem. Whenever Kamon was in the room, he would stop and stare at the paintings of Iris. The fixation was so intense that a portrait of Iris had to be painted especially for Kamon's chamber.

"Kamon never stops looking portraits of Unova's Queen," Delia said. "I think he's infatuated with Iris."

"Tracey Sketchit paints charming portraits," Giovanni admitted. He admired the glow and the vibrant colours Tracey used. Tracey's paintings really brought an atmosphere that no other artist they knew could do. "The Queen of Unova: A very powerful woman. When she married Lance, the dragon empire boomed. Because of the dragon empire, they were saved from extinction. A remarkable lady. His taste is impeccable. Iris has left Lance for another man. If Kamon keeps his eye on the ball..."

"You think Kamon has a chance with Iris?" Delia asked.

Giovanni smirked. "I think our silver prince has a good chance of sending Iris to her knees. Iris is everything Kamon desires; a heart strength and a soul of victory."

"You know this reminds me of the time when you promised Ash and Kamon that you would make their dreams come true."

"I have been working on that," Giovanni announced. "Now it is certain that Ash will become May's King. We just have to find a way to bring Kamon into Iris' attention. And she will notice him."

"Don't overwork yourself," Princess Delia requested. She wrapped her arms around Giovanni and smiled. "No matter what happens they'll always be our two little kings."

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Neat story so far! Just two things I wanted to point out:

bewbs said:
Three hours after her nephew was born, Delia's long awaited child, Ash was born. Ever since she was a child, she wanted nothing more than be a mother. She yearned for the responsibility and the rewards. Ever since she was born, Delia was expected to have everybody do all the work for her. She didn't it at all. She found taking part in the housework therapeutic. Three years later, Delia gave birth to Kamon.

This paragraph really threw me off. The grammar doesn't makes sense when you put "She didn't it at all." What's that supposed to mean?
And then:

bewbs said:
Lance approached Clair and gave her one the biggest hugs she could imagine. Clair felt warm, but startled. The last time Lance gave Clair a hug was when she was a little girl. He gazed into her eyes and whispered, "Clair, you have been ever so good to me." Clair could see his eyes welling up. "Thank you for looking out for me at such a fragile moment of time."

Princess Delia stood behind the windows staring at the fearows passing by. Out of the blue, she stated: "I'm so proud of my little boys. They've both grown up into brave soldiers and fine princes."
The transition really threw me off there too. Was Delia looking out, spying on Lance and Clair or is she somewhere else?

Besides that, I see quite an interesting plot develop here. I just feel like the two won't even say their vows before Giovanni puts matters to his own hands. Plus, I feel like Clair might help out with Giovanni's ambitions too. And possibly even the very kids might help out to destroy this love... Wish you luck!

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Neat story so far! Just two things I wanted to point out:

This paragraph really threw me off. The grammar doesn't makes sense when you put "She didn't it at all." What's that supposed to mean?
And then:

The transition really threw me off there too. Was Delia looking out, spying on Lance and Clair or is she somewhere else?

Besides that, I see quite an interesting plot develop here. I just feel like the two won't even say their vows before Giovanni puts matters to his own hands. Plus, I feel like Clair might help out with Giovanni's ambitions too. And possibly even the very kids might help out to destroy this love... Wish you luck!

Thanks for reviewing and pointing it out to me. In the grammar issue I think I forgot to add a word in the sentence. It was meant to be: "She didn't like it at all." But I've decided to make it into a difference sentence.

The scene with Delia and Giovanni is meant to be at their home. I've split the scene up so other readers can see it's a scene change. Thanks for reading. ^_^

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Chapter Two: Bedtime

With Cilan officially by her side, Iris could finally sleep. Iris had no doubt that Cilan was the love of her life. He was the right one for her. Iris' grandfather, Drayden advised Iris that she shouldn't open her legs to Cilan until after they were married. His advise came too late as Iris had already slept with Cilan on numerous occasions while she was still married to Lance. Iris had the impression that Drayden was against marrying Cilan from the start. She was reminded of how Drayden had worked hard to make her first wedding day run smoothly. She knew that Drayden was only looking out for his granddaughter, but at the same time, she wanted to move on.

Iris had always wanted a daughter. As much as she loved her boys, she felt that her family was incomplete without a girl. Only Pagan and Salem survived infancy and Lance couldn't bring himself into the pain of miscarriage. Iris miscarried a girl and the trauma caused her to fall out with her step-family and Lance to send orders to mass execute many people who support the pokemon religion.

It was the darkest time of her life and with Cilan, she had found the light in her life.

She was grateful of how understanding Lance was towards her. Throughout their marriage Lance never cheated and was dedicated in his quest for the protection of dragons. He was a devoted father and their sons reminded Iris so much of him. At the same time she would secretly miss Lance; he was a great friend to her. Iris was a very traditional lady, but her infatuation with Cilan had distracted her for some time. But Iris insisted on following her heart no matter where it went and she followed it. Her heart lead her into the arms of Cilan Dento.

She remembered that her loyal friend, Ash Ketchum said it would be a bad idea to throw herself into marriage after leaving another. She dismissed his advice because Ash Ketchum had never been married. Iris felt she had nothing to worry about. She ruled Unova and nobody could take that away from her. She loved Cilan and he was going to her king. At night she used to dream of him, all day she waited to see him, and when he came, her heart turned over and she thought she would faint with desire. The dreams were soon to become reality. Iris was looking forward to the wedding day.

"You have made me the happiest woman in the world," Iris whispered as she clawed the bedding in her hand. Her eyes never left Cilan's as she stuck her tongue out. Cilan chuckled and admired the king sized bed, dragon portraits hanging from golden walls. The beautiful ceramic vases and ornaments lined up nicely next to bookshelves and cabinet below. "You're impressed?" Iris observed. "All of this is yours as well as mine."

"I must confess that I am a little bit chilly." Cilan hugged his naked self with his bare hands.

"Everything belongs to you apart from the bed which is mine," Iris announced. Iris snatched all of the bedding off Cilan and giggled as she ran out of bed taking the silky duvet with her.

Cilan hopped out of bed. "Don't let me freeze to death."

Iris smirked. She wrapped the bedding around her. "You're actually kind of hot."

"You're such a tease Your Majesty." Cilan bowed and then concealed his dignity with a pillow.

"You need not hide your bits from me."

Cilan came up with the first words that came to his head. He stuttered and blushed from Iris' serious face. "Well if someone to burst in on us... I don't think they'd like to see my privates."

"My maids will knock if they want me and I will tell them when it is fine to come in." Iris ran to the other corner of the room next to the green curtains. "Come and catch me."

For extra speed, Cilan tossed the pillow on the side and chased Iris around the room. The pair of them giggled like two children outside. Cilan bounced on the bed so where Iris went, Cilan could cut the corners to catch her. Iris looked chuffed from the thrill of Cilan chasing after Iris. He had not only won an empire, but he had won her heart. She tiptoed in front of the bed. Cilan carried Iris back into bed with his hands as he claimed his half of the bedding back.

"You know many people might not like me that much," Cilan admitted. "The people loved Lance."

"You don't have to worry," Iris assured him. "They will get used to you. I feel there's a new era beginning."

"I still remember the first day we met," Cilan said. "At the dragon racing event and your baby bump."

"That was actually the second time," Iris corrected Cilan. "The first day we met was at my baby shower when I was pregnant with Pagan. You plucked the courage to ask me to dance. And I said yes because you looked dashing."

Cilan chuckled. "I can't help being fabulous all the time."

The couple burst into a fit of laughter. Iris didn't even know why she was laughing, she was just happy to be with Cilan. Just before she went to bed leaned over and gave Cilan a kiss as they both tucked themselves in ready for bed.

When Iris' eyes closed, her world turned green. She found herself surrounded by bellossoms and vileplumes bloom rays of exotic solarbeams and rainbow petals dancing around her. An altaria dashed around the clouds with her flock of swablu. The therapeutic summer air motivated a smile upon her face.

Cilan, her beloved king was holding onto her waist and graciously kissing her delacate neck. He was the love of her life and her precious king. Iris was fixated inside the dream. Two girls came running up the hill. The blonde girl had a vileplume whilst the raven haired girl had a bellossom.

Pagan and Salem were in their teenage years. They were both riding on a bully salamence. There was something inside of Iris that made her feel that her heart was pouncing. She felt weightless and pure. Before she knew it, she was on Cilan's shoulder.

"Our two daughters..." Cilan cried. "I would grab every opportunity I had to watch them grow into beautiful women."

"After everything we have been through, they deserve their titles as princesses."

Cilan's face brightened. He remembered well the plots and prejudice against him. Despite events that almost destroyed them, they were still together and had a happy ending.

Iris woke up when Cilan kissed her in her dreams. She wondered if that dream would ever construe. She thought it was a shame that the dream had to end so quickly. She felt as if she was in a state if bliss. If her family could act like they did in the dream, she would have felt accomplished.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Chapter Three: Fourteen Traitors
Lord Xemnas had gathered thirteen people in his office. A chandlelure danced around the ceiling with her flames swaying. Chandlelure's flames were the only light in the room. The sheer darkness would make one feel uncomfortable. Lord Xemnas was commander of Her Majesty's army. His friends and servants present were all part of the army. Lord Xemnas frowned as tossed a piece of paper in the middle of the table. It was an invitation to Iris' wedding. He slapped himself against his forehead.

"The Queen's divorce is a great inconvenience," Lord Xemnas confessed to everyone in the room. They gathered around a ring of white chairs and a marble. They were all dressed in the same black robes apart from the two maids, Larxene and Xion who wore a dress as the female counterpart. "This empire we worked so hard to build. Cilan will destroy it, I know he will. We won't be safe from that terrorist Sora not until we get our powers back."

In between Xemnas was Lord Xaldin and Lord Saïx. Xaldin was on his left with black hair, known as a whirlwind lancer and an expert in jousting. Lord Saïx had long blue hair and scar shaped an x between his yellow eyes, he had a collection of huge claymores that he used in many ruthless battles. The other lords Vexen, Luxord and Lexaeus filled up half of the table's room. The seven lords considered themselves to be born wariors worthy of their noble titles and much more.

Xemnas' servants were on the other half of the table. In the middle of the table was one of Xemnas' ladies-in-waiting, Xion sitting in between her best friends, Roxas and Axel. There no denying that Roxas and Xion shared the same eyes that glistened like a clear ocean on a summer's day. It was as if they were twins, but they were not. Xion was a product of witchcraft and as far as Lord Xemnas was concearned, a flawed replica of Sora: Xemnas' worst enemy.

Xemnas' groom, Marluxia and his other lady-in-waiting, Larxene were the most promiscuous of the group. Their knowlege on virtue was limited and they often enjoyed causing internal friction between court. Their beautiful faces, in a society were appearances matter hid their true demonic intentions. Zexion and Demyx were not known for their courage, but they had a passion for litrature and they had even written their own plays that were performed in The Theatre Of Nimbassa.

"The Lady Clair shares your views," Lord Xigbar confirmed. "I spoke to her yesterday. She's very furious that a great king is being mistreated."

"Lance is a great king no doubt about that," Xemnas confessed. He nodded his head as he sipped some wine. "I can do much better than him. What I'm really worried about is Sora trying to break this empire. I've already warned Queen Iris about him."

"How did you describe him to Her Majesty?" Zexion asked.

"I warned her that he was a terrorist that would destruct everything he stepped on. He betrayed Pope Mickey and took turned his advisers against him. Sora is no match for Lance's army. Cilan is weak...worthless. He doesn't even have an army."

"Wait a minute," Roxas said. Everybody turned their head. "So if you're aiming to be king, why don't you marry whoever is next in line to the throne?"

Lord Xemnas glared at Roxas. "A clever idea, but I am not going to marry Pagan or Salem."

"His name is an anagram of mansex," Zexion whispered to Larxene and Marluxia who both laughed.

"I think what Roxas is trying to say," Axel interrupted. Thee of them stopped laughing. "If Iris annuls Lance's marriage, then Salem and Pagan will be declared as bastards. That means that Lady Clair would be next in line to the throne. To both Unova and Johto."

"Then I would become king," Lord Xemnas confirmed. "That is just terrible. If I had a heart I would explode with laughter." He grinned. "I love it. But to be honest, I hold no interest in Unova or Johto. It's Kingdom Hearts that I want to be king of. And the only way we can do that is to destroy Sora. His blood is what I need for Kingdom Hearts... the heart of all hearts, wisdom and power. With Kingdom Hearts I will become more powerful than Arceus and Mew combined."

"But if they've divorced, then they don't need an annulment," Xion stated in a calm voice. Her shoulders were at the level of her ear lobes.

"Gentleman!" Iris announced as she burst through the door. Everyone was startled by her white dress glowing in the darkness. "Why are you all sitting in the darkness? Can't anyone turn a bloody light on around here?" She then waved at Xion and rolled her eyes to Larxene. "And ladies. We don't have much time."

"I like the darkness," Lord Xemnas mouthed. "I find it... soothing. As you wish, we shall bring light into the room." Lord Xemnas found himself fortunate that she had not heard what they had been talking about.

"We were just talking about you and how happy we were for you," Larxene announced, hiding sarcasm in her voice.

"What do you mean Your Majesty?" Xigbar asked and held his weapon. "Who's trying to invade Unova this time?"

"There's no invasion," Iris replied. "The ceremony will start very soon. The ceremony to my wedding."

"But you said the wedding was going to be on Christmas day," Roxas said.

"I cannot wait that long," Iris admitted. "Cilan and I will be getting married right now. Demyx, you're going to be best man. Xion and Larxene, you're going to be my bridesmaids. As for the rest of you, you will ushers for the wedding."

"Me?" Demyx fell to his knees and held his hand on his chest. "The best man! Oh your majesty I am not worthy."

"I would have thought that Sir Ash Ketchum would be the best man," Luxord admitted.

"The little kid couldn't make it," Iris announced. "Larxene, Xion, come with me to Lady Bianca's chamber. The rest of you must head to the cathedral promptly." Xion and Larxene followed Iris out of the room. Meanwhile the men talked amongst themselves before they decided to take a leave.

"I wouldn't worry about it," Axel told Demyx.

"But I haven't got a speech!" Demyx screwed his fingernails into his hair and his knees kissed the floor.

"It doesn't matter," Saïx snapped. "The whole thing is a sham anyway."

Marluxia suggested, "You can always make one up on the spot."

"Are you kidding me?" Demyx spat in fear. "All those people. Everybody's going to be there for the Queen's wedding. She might execute me if I mess up."

"Your cowardliness is getting on my nerves," Xenmas hissed. "Let's go before we are all beheaded."

Axel opened the door for everybody and they all left the room in single-file.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Chapter Four: The Wedding​
Things couldn't get any better as far as Cilan was concerned. His bride would finally walk down the aisle. He was most pleased that Demyx had accepted the offer of becoming best man at such short notice. Demyx squinted in peril at the thought only a couple of hours to prepare a speech fit for a queen. Cilan had a gut feeling that speech would be great. He and his brothers were big fans of his work, especially his masterpiece, "Dance Water, Dance," which was about the doomed relationship between a mermaid and a witch.

The only bad thing was that his good friend, Sir Ash Ketchum could not be there to celebrate. He and Pikachu sustained injuries that confined them both in their bed. Cilan imagined that Ash would have ordered Pikachu to fly sparks for the wedding. Nevertheless, Cilan was confident that the wedding was going to be a spectacular bash. He smiled, knowing all the people who have traveled far and wide, and those making last minute preparations in order to make this the happiest day of Iris' life.

Cilan hoped that nobody would judge him by his sins. While Iris was still married to Lance, Chilli and Cress were concerned about Cilan falling in love and out of character. Cilan considered himself to be a gentleman. He would never sleep with another man's wife and would treat everybody with the most utter kindness and respect. He had no intention of causing Lance any pain.

Cilan felt that he and Iris just clicked. They enjoyed each other's company and were almost inseparable. They never embarked on a passionate affair until Cilan gave her a present; a baby axew. It wasn't just any ordinary axew, it a golden axew with glistening tusks. Iris squealed in joy and said that she could kiss him. Cilan remembered bending down to kiss Iris' hand, then she lifted his head up for a kiss on the lips. She later offered Cilan to join her in bed. At first he was relectucant, he couldn't bring himself to take somebody else's wife, but at the same time he didn't want to ignore orders from Her Majesty.

Cilan looked up at the chandelier and wondered if he would still be standing here if he had not found that axew? Iris' Haxorus treated the golden axew like her own child. He had a feeling that Iris and Cilan would have still remained very close friends. If Lance and Iris were still married, she would have been the sister that Cilan never had. He knew that it was going to be a great responsibility being king, but for Iris everything was worth it.

Cilan watched the priest, Father Rowan raise to his feet. His face turned from side to side. His lips curled into a warm smile. Rowan tapped Cilan's shoulder as he spoke to the crowd. "All rise for Her Majesty, the bride."

The bells and organ chanted in unison. Queen Iris in true traditional style, wore a vibrant white dress with shiny pearl beads and silk. Lady Biana, Larxene and Xion carried the weight of Iris' wedding dress. Everybody looked the part, everything was arranged in fine detail. Even if everybody's roles in the wedding where somewhat disorganized, it looked and felt like a wedding that had taken months of preparation and decoration.

Everyone was on their knees, even Father Rowan. As soon as Iris touched Cilan's house, Father Rowan instructed them all to be seated. All eyes had their attention on Cilan and Iris. They did not speak, yet everyone knew what Cilan was thinking from the grin on his face and glow in cheeks. How beautiful Queen Iris was and how he sees his whole life straight in front of him. He was thanking Arceus for the honour of becoming the King.He held onto Iris' hand like gold.

"Dearly beloved," Father Rowan began, his arms were wide open as his sleeves tumbled down to his knees. "We are gathered together here tonight in the sight of Arceus, and Unova, to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. Which is an honourable estate, instituted of Arceus, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Mew and it's church. The holy estate Mew adorned and beautified with it's presence and first miracle that it wrought in this world, and is commended of Jirachi to be honourable among all. It is not to be entered into inadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of Arceus. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man or creature can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him speak now or forever hold your peace."

Demyx bit his tongue. Xion and Larxene turned their head around as Lady Clair and her beloved Kingdra made her way into the cathedral. Father Rowan also gulped from the sounds of whispering echoing in the cathedral.

"May I remind you all that you are in the presence of Arceus," Father Rowan announced. His voice was more firmer. He looked upon the couple, then steered his eyes towards Clair. "I require and charge you both on judgement day, when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed. Be well assured, that if any persons are joined together other than as Arceus allows, their marriage is not lawful. If either of you know any impediment, why you may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, you must declare it now."

Clair stood behind the pillar in silence.

Father Rowan turned to Cilan. "Cilan, do you take this woman, the Queen Of Unova, to be your lawful wedded wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Cilan roared with a tone of grace in his voice, and his cheeks exploding with happiness.

Father Rowan smile swifted onto Iris. "And do you, Iris, Queen Of Unova, take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, so long as you both shall live?"

Queen Iris smiled. "I do."

"And for your truths." Father Rowan bowed and flipped his pages.

"I, Iris, Queen Of Unova, take thee, Cilan to be my husband. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to Arcues' holy ordinance; and thereto I give to you my truth."

"Your turn, Cilan."

"I, Cilan, take thee, Iris to be my husband. To have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to Arcues' holy ordinance; and thereto I give to you my truth."

"Demyx, the ring please?" Father Rowan requested. Demyx's arms trembled when Cilan received the ruby encrusted box. Father Rowan snatched the box and opened it on their behalf. Cilan reached over the ring and placed it on the fourth finger of Iris' left hand. "Repeat after me Cilan, with this ring I thee wed: In the name of Arceus, and of Mew and of the holy trios. Amen." Cilan repeated the words with a bold voice and a brave face. Confidence reeked in this voice. Father Rowan kept on smiling. After a series of long prayers and exchanges of vows, Father Rowan had finally said what the happy couple wanted to hear.

"I now pronounce you man and wife." Father Rowan bowed to Cilan and said, "You may now kiss the bride."

The people present stood up in amazement.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Unfortunately, this isn't the kind of plot I usually review, but I'll do my best. I think I understand the "romance of the kingdoms" plot you are setting up. But, um... this isn't a bad thing, but where did the Kingdom Hearts characters come from? That's who Xaldin, Larxene, etc. are from, right? It's not a problem, but it's worth mentioning in the synopsis you gave that this is a crossover, not just an AU. It surprised me!

Aside from that, I noticed a few typos. But that's not important because I know you can easily fix all of them. Instead, I have a really big issue with this story right now—I don't understand how Iris and Cilan love each other. Iris just seems to want to somebody to get away from her ex-husband, and Cilan seems like he does care about Iris, but not enough to say no to her despite the potentially serious consequences for their actions. It's possible that you planned it this way, and they'll change over the course of the story, but for some reason it feels unintentional.

Years
Your plot is amazing, what uniqueness! Who can think of Cilan and Iris together?
Like ShivaDF said, there is some typos.
But, overall it's a beautiful and marvelous fanfiction, put together!
I hope you keep updating this!

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Thank you so much guys. Will post the next chapter soon after I've found and fixed the typos.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Chapter Five: The Best Man's Speech

The bridal party took place in court. Not a spot of sorrow could be seen across the faces. If there was any sorrow present, they had concealed it well. Not even of the two young princes who smiled as they spent all their time talking to their father and godmother. Salem and Pagan caught Iris' attention many times during the party. Salem and Pagan appeared to be too scared to speak to their new stepfather. Whenever Cilan marched over to approach the boys, they would run straight away. It wasn't in hatred, but they appeared to be frightened. Maybe it was something that Clair had said, or that they were scared of losing their father.

The elder prince, Drayden appeared to be oblivious by the whole situation. He surrounded himself with the finest red wine and the strongest whiskey. He was not the most optimistic, but Iris appreciated that he made the effort. He was on his toes dancing around the tables. The crowds danced, ate and drank merrily as if it were Christmas Day.

The people had set free their pokemon and allowed them to interact with both creatures and humans. They danced to what seemed to feel like the night of their lives. It may not have been the case for everyone, but they took it as the opportunity to enjoy themselves.

"Glorious music," Cilan cried for joy. He grabbed Demyx's shoulder and carried him behind Iris' chair. "Ladies and gentle," the king said. "It's time for the best man's speech."

Demyx cleared his throat. "Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking..." He felt as if he had been thrown into the deep end of the ocean with the harshest sharks. He shook his head and bowed to the crowds. "I'm Demyx and by day I am a soldier for Her Majesty's army. By the still of the night I am a writer. Cilan was mad enough to pick me as the best man." He steered his face away from the left corner of the room, where Lord Xenmas glared at him.

"HA!" Cilan chuckled and clapped his hands.

"Ah man," Zexion muttered. He failed to hold his tongue. "He's going to talk about his gay musical."

"I've known the king for a couple of years. A while ago I wrote a musical called Dance Water, Dance. His Royal Highness had watched the musical and is now one my biggest fans of my writing."

Zexion was right.

"Now that you know a little bit about me and how I know the groom. The king has asked me to say a special thanks to you all for attending the wedding. I didn't know I was going to be best man until half an hour before the service. It was a beautiful service would you agree?" Demyx waited until everyone said yes before he continued. "A special shout out to Sir Ash Ketchum who sadly could make it this evening, but we all pray that he gets well soon. You have picked the wrong man you're majesty, but there are more people to thank. The ushers, the bridesmaid and the family of the bride and groom. All of you look exceptionally dashing and beautiful this evening."

Iris giggled as she sat on Cilan's lap on the throne. Demyx turned his face to Iris. "And thank you to the wonderful Iris, who is the best monarch of all time. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I love Cilan. Everybody loves Cilan. Children love Cilian. The elderly love Cilan. All creatures great and small love Cilan. It's just the kind of guy he is – compassionate and warm-hearted. As for Cilan, he loves Iris, and her equally gracious spirit. Wherever life takes them, those who encounter Cilan and Iris will consider themselves lucky. I know I do, and I'm honoured to be the king's best man today." Demyx topped up his goblet, and then lifted it above his head. "A toast for The King and Queen of Unova."

"For the king and queen."

"A marvelous speech!" Cilan roared at the top of his voice. "You should make speeches more often. It could boost your confidence."

"Why thank you very much Your Majesty," Demyx replied.

"Your Majesty." It was Lance's voice. His very voice and presense gave Cilan a funny feeling. It must have been awkward for him to watch his ex-wife getting married to the man who he was jilted for. But at the same time, Cilan admired him for not trying to curse the marriage. "Is it possible to have a few moments alone?"

"Of course." Cilan felt that he had no choice in the matter. Lance escorted Cilan outside of the room and into the nearest lonely room. The room was dark and cold. "What is it?" Cilan asked. He was curious to why Lance had brought him into this quiet room instead of going outside.

"I have heard many things about you Cilan," Lance said. "I wanted to congratulate you, but also warn you."

"Warn me?"

"You seem to be a very kind man," Lance admitted. "But looks can be deceiving." Cilan tried to speak, but Lance interupted him. "There is no need for you to speak. You must listen to me. I love Iris very much, and if I hear that you have hurt her or my sons in anyway... you'll have all of Kanto to answer for."

"I can assure you that Iris and your children will not be harmed."

"That's what I'd like to hear," Lance admitted. "That is all I have to say." Lance left the room at the sound of hearing his two children shouting for him. He left the room, but left the door open for Cilan to come out. Cilan hopped out of the room and returned to the hall and saw Iris dashing to him with open arms.

"What did Lance say to you?" Iris asked. She frantically held onto Cilan's shoulders and banged her head against his neck.

"He told me how happy he was for us," Cilan responded. He cupped her cheeks, assuring her that there was no need for fear.

Back