• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Actually calling out the pokemon's move?

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
I would LOVE to see this implemented. You could voice record it so it responds on your DS, and every time you upgrade a move you say it. This would be difficult to implement, but would make it so much more realistic. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Eh... it sounds like a neat idea, but I wouldn't go for it. They already put so much into this game, plus the other amazing things we've yet to see. I don't really think this is something that should be implemented.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Probally not this generation, but maybe in the future it would cool, but bad if you had to be quite (Haha sneeking my ds in class )

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
Ehh... You would look like a bit of an idiot.. you know? In the middle of a flight on holiday... then you just hear someone shouting GO ON! USE TACKLE!

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
i guess you could do either. I mean, I play with the sound up full volume and i shout at my DS. But some need it quiet so either would be good :3.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Just push the button and yell out the command and pretend the voice made the attack happen...That way the rest of us don't have to do this ever...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
I would LOVE to see this implemented. You could voice record it so it responds on your DS, and every time you upgrade a move you say it. This would be difficult to implement, but would make it so much more realistic. What do you guys think?

It wouldnt be fair to people like me with speech impediments.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
Years
It's a great idea and all and I'd love to see it done PROPERLY... but it'd be the same hassle as playing Nintendogs all over again... they didn't sit when I told them to so why will my Pidgeotto be any different... other than maybe after the fifth unresponsive "Wing Attack now!" I may want to pluck it...

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Years
Eugh...I hate anything to do with the DS's microphone, so I'm not a fan of this idea tbh. As MistahDude pointed out it wouldn't work with people who have speech impediments, and as Azure said the microphone doesn't work well with other programs that use it. :/ Can you imagine the fury if you call out one attack, the game misinterprets it and your Pokémon uses another? *shudder*

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
Years
Eugh...I hate anything to do with the DS's microphone, so I'm not a fan of this idea tbh. As MistahDude pointed out it wouldn't work with people who have speech impediments, and as Azure said the microphone doesn't work well with other programs that use it. :/ Can you imagine the fury if you call out one attack, the game misinterprets it and your Pokémon uses another? *shudder*

"Rattatta, use Bite!"

'Rattata used Bide!"

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I think it's a good idea, something I can see them implementing later down the road. Of course, while keeping the ability to just press which attack you want to use, giving you the choice of either speech or just plain old pressing buttons.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2022
PLEASE NO THE MICROPHONE SUCKS,and i sneak it sometimes.

and this

Rattata use tackle *Rattata used tail whipe*

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
It seems like a good idea... But I'd get pretty annoyed -.-

Although, I wouldn't want to be seen in public screaming at my DSi telling my Chatot to use Hyper Voice xD

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 5, 2022
I'm a 24-year old pokemon player, things are bad enough as they are. :(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm a 24-year old pokemon player, things are bad enough as they are. :(
This. At least in Phantom Hourglass, you could blow into the microphone instead of yelling like the manual suggested. Because there are older players who don't want attention drawn to themselves. And what about playing in public? I don't think the people around whomever is playing would appreciate hearing "TACKLE! TACKLE!"

If this was optional, I wouldn't mind having it included. It would be more fun for those who like actually commanding their Pokemon. The DS's microphone, however, really isn't the best at picking up what someone is saying at times. Especially when the player has a speech impediment, like I do. I really don't want to have my Pokemon attack with the wrong move just because the microphone didn't pick up my annunciation/I didn't say the attack correctly.

The option would be fun though. Just no major reliance. This all reminds me of Hey You! Pikachu! and how badly that microphone worked.

Back