• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you know?(Pokemon style)

Years

Yeah i knew that.
Did you know that In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Lapras was originally going to be called "Ness" which is derived from the Loch Nessmonster.​

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yep I knew that. I spend too much time on Bulbapedia lol. Did you know that Garbador is the only pure poison type introduced in Gen V?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I did not know that.
Typhlosion isn't the only starter to be pure. The only Fire starter, yes, but not the only starter.
And Sableye and Spiritomb don't always take neutral damage. They resist Poison and have three immunities.

Sorry, I'm kind of a Pokemon trivia equivalent of a Grammar Nazi.

Did you know that not a single room in the Trick House has the same design in Emerald as in Ruby/Sapphire?

Years

I Never noticed that so I didn't know that.

Did you know that Mew can learn Attract and Captivate despite being genderless. However, it always fails unless the opponent is also genderless.​

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
yup, knew that
Did you know Ash has obtained every grass starter

Years

I did not know that.
Did you know that Grass and Rock have the most weaknesses (5 each), but a Grass/Rock type (e.g. Cradily) is only weak to Ice, Poison and Steel.​

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
I knew that.

Did you know that Basculin is technically the only pokemon that has 4 different abilities?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I did not know that.

DYK that some Azurill change gender upon evolution?

(also, ruby is a red form of sapphire, but that refers to the gems and therefore wouldn't count)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I did not know that. XD

Did you know that the number of Spinda forms outnumbers Pokemon species?
(This refers to the random placements of spots on the Pokemon which are all unique)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
^

Essentially the same odds as the spots that appear in different locations, but Yes, I did actually know that. ^_^

Did you know that Krabby and Gyarados have the SAME base attack stat?

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
I did not know that.

Did you know that Trapinch loses attack stats when it evolves into Vibrava, but gets the same attack stat back when it evolves into Flygon?

Years

yeah i knew that.
Did you know Every Spinda has a unique pattern of spots. In-game, there are exactly 4,294,967,296 possible outcomes (Not counting shiny).​

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I knew that.

Did you know that pokeballs were supposed to be called capsules but was changed due to copyright issues.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah I knew that I did MASSIVE studies on it when trying to figure out it's mechanics. I'm such a nerd :) Did you know that Absol is the only Dark-type in the white color group?

Back