• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime character archetypes (when done right)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Title says it all. I personally can like any one of them if I'm able to get into the show and the characters themselves but what are your favorites if you have one?

Genki Girls are one of mine. Those cute bundles of energy like Sapphire Birch from PokeSpe. I love 'em (not in THAT way but I find them adorable like a box of kittens).

Oh and Char Aznable. Nuff said.

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
archetypes aren't necessarily stereotypes by the way
everyone in this thread excluding OP is confusing the two

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Liking a character doesn't necessarily mean they like the archetype, especially considering that "done right" can be a very vague term.

I've found that my female feti....personality traits that I like tend to be towards the following (First two aren't archetypes, but i figure i put them in anyways since they act as a catch for most of the exceptions in archetype love):
Characters I admire
Characters that remind me of myself
Tsukkomi
Tricksters
Tsundere (emphasizing done right)
Yamato Nadesico
"My Pace"
Rei clones that have some emotion to them
Kouhai
Classmate
Senpai

Male-wise, it'd probably be something like....
Laid back heroes
Bros (Usually side characters that take the emotional support role)
Norio Wakamoto
Takehito Koyasu
Characters with the guts to actually choose/get the girl (Bonus if best girl wins as opposed to main girl wins)
Tsukkomi

And it goes without saying, but characters with a good amount of depth are always pretty high on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back