• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*shivers* A ghost type fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I definitely want to join this club!

Name/preferred name: Chandler

Answer Current Topic: It's a very hard choice among the three 1st gen. Pokemon(Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar) but I think that Haunter is my favorite because he is the creepiest of the three.

Why do you like ghost pokemon: I love the ghost type because they are so playful and weird :).

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Welcome Chandler, Brendan, and Nundo to the Mother 3 Ghost Pokemon Fan Club, arrgh, I need to get on more often I didn't even know ghost pokemon are this popular, oh well. On the topic of Partner Pokemon, eh I don't know we all kind of like Gengar but if the rest really want to they can, so tell me but just in case, I call Gengar!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Welcome Chandler, Brendan, and Nundo to the Mother 3 Ghost Pokemon Fan Club, arrgh, I need to get on more often I didn't even know ghost pokemon are this popular, oh well. On the topic of Partner Pokemon, eh I don't know we all kind of like Gengar but if the rest really want to they can, so tell me but just in case, I call Gengar!

I choose Dusknoir. To answer the current topic, I don't know who my favorite Ghost is, but the 3rd stage evolutions like Dusknoir, Chandelure and Gengar are pretty awesome. They're intimidating and quite powerful. Gengar slips into people's shadows and drains their life energy. Chandelure hypnotizes and burns the souls of its victims. Dusknoir can communicate with the spirit world, can lure people there and it can hold lost souls in its body. I can't tell which of those three is scarier.

Here is my Ghost-type team if the club owner doesn't mind me adding it here.

094.png

Gengar @ Ghost Gem
Ability: Levitate

-Shadow Ball
-Hypnosis
-Curse
-Nightmare

609.png

Chandelure @ Spell Tag
Ability: Flame Body

-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Inferno

477.png

Dusknoir @ Spell Tag
Ability: Pressure

-Shadow Punch
-Mean Look
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak

442.png

Spiritomb @ Ghost Gem
Ability: Infiltrator

-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse
-Ominous Wind
-Curse

302.png

Sableye @ Spell Tag
Ability: Keen Eye

-Shadow Claw
-Punishment
-Shadow Ball
-Foul Play

429.png

Mismagius @ Spell Tag

-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Hex
-Confuse Ray

Last edited:
Years
Name/preferred name: Cirno
Why do you like ghost pokemon: I've loved them ever since I saw Morty in the Johto anime. I got attached to him as a character and his ghost Pokemon were really cool. I think seeing Gengar Shadow Ball Team Rocket was the deciding factor.. that was way amazing haha. Plus ghost types have some of the coolest Pokemon designs; some of my personal favorites are Gengar, Banette, and Sableye.
What is your favorite Ghost pokemon and why?
Used to be Gengar but now it's Banette. I loved it so much during the R/S days that I trained two to lv. 100 so it holds quite a lot of dear memories as my very first lv. 100 in any Pokemon game, if I recall correctly. Plus it annihilated almost everything!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I actually love ghost type pokemon!

Chandelure is definitely my favorite ^^b

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Name/preferred name: Olodumare/ Olod
Why do you like ghost pokemon: I enjoy their rather interesting status aliments, and the fact they are crippling to those not used to fighting ghosts.
What is your favorite Ghost pokemon and why? Sableye. Not many use Sableye effectively I have found and don't expect it to be a tough opponent, then they are proven wrong and take it seriously.

Years
Name/preferred name: hypnoticsoul/rocky
Answer Current Topic: gengar, theyre always scaring people and having a great time
Why do you like ghost pokemon: ive just always liked the colors that went along with them, and the creepy look they all have

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Welcome Cirno(I'm back), CeeëX(you haven't really signed up but I'll let it slide), Olod, and Rocky to the Snorlax Ghost Pokemon Fan Club! I really need to be on more, I do not want to lose a third fan club (but I had the others taken down)! Well, see you guys later!

Years
Name;Copperwolf (copper)
Why do I like ghosts? They are creepy are completely immune to normal pokemon
And bannet Is one of my favorite pokemon
What is your favorite ghost? Well it's a hard choice between Geratina and bannet but bannet Is the winner

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Welcome, Copper, to The <insert not the name of the fan club here> Ghost type fan club! Banette's back story is a little creepy being an old abandoned plush doll filled with curse energy and I've yet to use it. Well, enjoy the hospitality of our ghost fan club. hehehe (menacing laugh)

KirbyX

Veteran Pokemon Master
Years
Preferred Name - KirbyX
Why Do You Like Ghost Pokemon - Their Immunities, their Performance, and their look's, there are so many great Pokemon that look boring or try to look cool or cute and fail, so Bad A$$ looks are important.
What Is Your Favorite Ghost Pokemon and Why - Gengar by Far, I believe I explained myself well above. I just wish it was only a mono type Ghost like all latter Ghost types so as not to be weak to Psychics at all :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
7 new Ghost-types have been released in generation 6.

Phantump
250px-708Phantump_Dream.png

Trevenant
250px-709Trevenant_Dream.png

Pumpkaboo
250px-710Pumpkaboo.png

Gourgeist
250px-711Gourgeist_Dream.png

Honedge
250px-679Honedge.png

Doublade
250px-680Doublade.png

Aegislash
250px-681Aegislash.png

I quite like Trevenant and Aegislash the most, they are so cool.

HystericalGengar

Ghost of Insanity
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Name/Preferred Name : Gensane (Gengar + Insane)
Why do you like ghost pokemon :
Why don't I like them?! I was always fond of darkness and shadows. Ghost pokemon and dark pokemon are my favorite. From the first season to where Ash visited The Tower of Terror (what an awesome name!), Gengar, Haunter, and Ghastly were so awesome and friendly. Their battle techniques are awesome, the move pool is awesome. When Gengar laughs, I laugh xD It's contagious.
Favorite Ghost Pokemon :
GENGAR! If I were to have a pokemon to be a fun partner to where we can play tricks on people and just live life having fun, it would be Gengar. He looks awesome too.

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Welcome, Gensane and KirbyX, to the Pikmin Ghost type fanclub. Gensane, you kind of scare me! I'm noticing a theme here either Gengar or Banette as the favorite. As for the 7 new pokemon CloysterOyster showed us, there all cool but for some reason i feel that there's a missing link between Phantump and Trevenant as the official research guru (because you posted the most besides me, this entitles you to a partner pokemon) find out more, CloysterOyster! The world depends on it! Good day!

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I choose Dusknoir. To answer the current topic, I don't know who my favorite Ghost is, but the 3rd stage evolutions like Dusknoir, Chandelure and Gengar are pretty awesome. They're intimidating and quite powerful. Gengar slips into people's shadows and drains their life energy. Chandelure hypnotizes and burns the souls of its victims. Dusknoir can communicate with the spirit world, can lure people there and it can hold lost souls in its body. I can't tell which of those three is scarier.

Here is my Ghost-type team if the club owner doesn't mind me adding it here.

094.png

Gengar @ Ghost Gem

-Shadow Ball
-Hypnosis
-Curse
-Nightmare

609.png

Chandelure @ Spell Tag
Ability: Flame Body

-Confuse Ray
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Inferno

477.png

Dusknoir @ Spell Tag

-Shadow Punch
-Mean Look
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak

442.png

Spiritomb @ Ghost Gem
Ability: Infiltrator

-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse
-Ominous Wind
-Curse

302.png

Sableye @ Spell Tag
Ability: Keen Eye

-Shadow Claw
-Punishment
-Shadow Ball
-Foul Play

429.png

Mismagius @ Spell Tag

-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Hex
-Confuse Ray

I have revamped my Ghost team. I am keeping the old one, but here is the new one:

110px-094Gengar-Mega.png

Gengar-Mega (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag

-Curse
-Shadow Ball
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare

477.png

Dusknoir @ Spell Tag

-Shadow Punch
-Mean Look