• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul Hackers {Now Recruiting}

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Can I join?
Past experiance: Mapping Fakemon making
Skills: Mapper
Proof: see below
Spoiler:

Well, your maps look alright, could use some more attention, but fair. I am interested in your Fakemon making skills, as I want to insert Fakemon into the game. If you could do that along with some light mapping, that would be great. So, I'll put you down for mapper as of now, and if I hear from you about if you want to make Fakemon, I will update your status. Thanks for applying.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Can you send me an IPS file with the tilesets you're using?

P.s. Here's a fakemon legendary I made
It's a mix of Entai head, lucario body, golduck arms and scyther legs. But they're all recolored so you can barely reckognise which pokemon each part came from.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Can you send me an IPS file with the tilesets you're using?

Well, right now, PwnageMew is going to be mapping Route 1, so when he is done, I will finish scripting the first town and Route 1. After that is completed, I will give the updated IPS to you to start mapping the next city.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Well, right now, PwnageMew is going to be mapping Route 1, so when he is done, I will finish scripting the first town and Route 1. After that is completed, I will give the updated IPS to you to start mapping the next city.

You know if PwnageMew does a bad job it's probably because he hasn't barely done any actual mapping. I made those maps for the project me and him are working on.
Could you just send me the tiles now so I can get used to using them before I have to make a town?

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Ok. but you know if PwnageMew does a bad job it's probably because he hasn't barely done any actual mapping. I made those maps for the project me and him are working on.

Well, we'll see how it turns out, and if it isn't up to par, I'm sure you could tweak them a bit. I wanted to know if you could design Fakemon for the hack? I usually don't like to have them, but I get bored of the original sprites.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I already posted a nameless legendary ice-fighting fakemon. Look a few posts up, you'll find it.
You can decide it's name
Could you just send me the tiles now so I can get used to using them before I have to make a town?

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I already posted a nameless legendary ice-fighting fakemon. Look a few posts up, you'll find it.

Yeah, I'll PM you the IPS file here quick. But with the Fakemon, will you design them for the hack. I can use the ones you already made, but I need around 150 in total. You don't have to make them all at once, but in steps. The tiles will be a little messy, as I haven't fully edited the tile-set completely, but will be good enough for mapping purposes.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Thanks for the IPS file.
The new tiles are cool. Can you mabye make some D/P tiles for the gyms, Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts?
It's just a suggestion.
And yeah, I'll show you some fakemon as soon as I make a few. But we're still using regular pokemon, right?

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for the IPS file.
The new tiles are cool. Can you mabye make some D/P tiles for the gyms, Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts?
It's just a suggestion.
And yeah, I'll show you some fakemon as soon as I make a few. But we're still using regular pokemon, right?

Yeah, once I get to the point of inserting the next town's tile-set 2, then I am going to insert tiles for the center, mart, and gym. We are using regular Pokemon right now, but I would really like to start inserting Fakemon as soon as possible so that we can get it out of the way, and not have to worry about it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Once you've edited the blocks for the gym, Pokemon Center and Pokemart, please send me the updated IPS file.

P.S. Here's another usebar.
Spoiler:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Once you've edited the blocks for the gym, Pokemon Center and Pokemart, please send me the updated IPS file.

P.S. Here's another usebar.
Spoiler:

Change of plans, I sent you the updated IPS file for mapping purposes. I want Route 1 mapped, details in PM. Thanks.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Change of plans, I sent you the updated IPS file for mapping purposes. I want Route 1 mapped, details in PM. Thanks.
Bad news. I tried that IPS file, and it screwed up the game (advancemap couldn't load it) any ideas why? So I'm back to the old tiles. Until you can fix that problem.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Bad news. I tried that IPS file, and it screwed up the game (advancemap couldn't load it) any ideas why? So I'm back to the old tiles. Until you can fix that problem.

You need to patch it to a clean Firered ROM. It also doesn't have the new tiles yet, I just need Route 1 mapped so that I can script. I will insert the tiles later.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Do you have a pokemon when you're on Route 1? I need to if i can put tall grass there.
Also, what type of route is route 1?
Mountain
Trees
Montain and trees
road
road and trees
on water

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Do you have a pokemon when you're on Route 1? I need to if i can put tall grass there.
Also, what type of route is route 1?
Mountain
Trees
Montain and trees
road
road and trees
on water

Change of plans, I am going to map Route 1 as I need it to be a certain way for some scripts to work. I'll let you script the next town. Thanks.

Back