• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PCX Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest

Years
tumblr_m8v02oozJw1r7qo39o1_500.png

Anime Snapshot Contest!
Hi! Are you a Pokemon anime fan, or just an all around Pokemon fan in general? In this contest you'll try and find the best anime photo that best fits the daily theme!

We're going to be using themes related to the overall categories of General Anime, Past, and Present!

So.. how does this work?
In the morning one of the two hosts (ZachLMedia or Lapras*) will post a theme and all of you need to find a picture from the Pokemon Anime that best matches our theme! (you don't have to take the picture yourself, but you can if you want!) All of the entires for the theme will be judged by the judges and then announced later!

Any rules?
Why yes!
* Don't post images larger than 500x500! *
* Please no repeated pictures, sorry! *
* No snaps from the banned episodes, please! *
* Credit the source of your image, such as "Image from Serebii" (if it's your own snapshot, please say so) *
* Most importantly: no hotlinking! That means you can't just find the picture and use that link. You have to save the image to your computer and then either use an upload site and post the image here! *

Can I get a prize?
Yes actually! Everyone gets an emblem for participating, and you'll get an emblem if you win, too!
Participation:
9u6Zs.png

Winning - Past, Present, General Anime:
xGSr2.png
2MDkq.png
ZpHGo.png

Past themes/winners:
NONE YET :)

Today's Theme:
Submissions are closed! Judging underway...

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I would like to have a go too xD!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'll give it a shot in this
Spoiler:

credit:Bulbapedia

Last edited:
Years
Most epic moment in th anime (in the third film, in fact)

(Sorry but I can't send URL yet)

Credit is from Pokémon.com

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'll enter!

This screenshot is pure nostalgia for me.

Spoiler:

As most people are aware, I utterly love Sandshrew, and this moment of the anime is the reason why! Ever since seeing AJ's Sandshrew I've been obsessed with them and I've always dreamt of having one as my partner. A moment so powerful that it can start off an obsession like that is a moment to be remembered, and that's why it's nostalgic for me. c:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Completely forgot about this :O

This is a part of the early Pokemon that I'll never forget, especially since it's probably one of the saddest moments in the anime. Hope the movies count as anime too, and just ignore Pikachu's stance xD

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
The most memorable moment in the entire Pokemon series for me... right in the first episode.

Spoiler:

Years
There are a lot of nostalgic moments in the Pokémon anime but the race between Ponyta and Dodrio is always the first thing that pops up in my mind. The part when Ponyta evolves was so awesome and the music just made it for me. xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Spoiler:

That's when Ash turned 10. Just like PokeCommunity turning 10 years old. Let's hope PokeCommunity doesn't get thunderbolted :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nostalgic because when I was younger I remember reading the book and watching through the movie and I just used to dream about related stuff, and just imagine I was there... and this was one of the nicest scenes because it's nostalgic for not only me, but the character Molly because that's an old memory now she so desperately wants back!

Spoiler:

Screenshot'd by me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2020
First episode. Ash being yelled at by his mum with his awesome clock. Just cut from the first Pokemon battle aswell.
Spoiler:

Years
Great entries, everyone! The previous theme has ended and entries will no longer be accepted, however there's another theme up! :cool:

Past: Moment from an episode you could watch over and over (snapshot must not be from newer seasons)

Also, as a reminder, please credit your snapshot's source (if it's your own, credit yourself) and please no hotlinking from other websites. The snapshot can either be uploaded as a attachment here or to an image-hosting website such as imgur, tinypic, Imageshack, etc.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Here's my one for the new theme :3!

Spoiler:
I found this on Google Images again and the picture led me to Tumblr.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I might as well join this fun event:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
For the second theme.
Spoiler:

Credit : Bulbapedia

Back