• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Wasn't really sure where to put this thread since it's not actually a real game...

Does anyone know if Omega on an EZ Flash would be able to trade with a regular copy of firered through a link cable? I want to play the game but knowing that you can't get the other 2 starters is going to bother me too much.

FireRed Omega, right? I'm not sure if a hack can trade with a normal game. You might have better luck asking in the Emulation forums.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Radar#Shiny_Probability

Are these the only Pokemon you can chain for a shiny in Pokemon Platinum? Can you shiny hunt with chaining for Pokemon aside from these from the link?

You can chain for any pokémon you find in tall grass. The ones in that list are just the pokémon that can only be found using the radar. In other words, you won't be able to find those pokémon in the wild unless you're using the radar.

Years
So lets say I wanna catch a Starly, on a place with 10 different Pokemon. How do I know which grass patch is Starly's. I doubt there are 10 different ways of grass shaking. What am I missing?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So lets say I wanna catch a Starly, on a place with 10 different Pokemon. How do I know which grass patch is Starly's. I doubt there are 10 different ways of grass shaking. What am I missing?

I'm personally not much of an expert on this, so I might be wrong here, but to continue your chain, I think you have to step on whatever grass patch that looks most similar to the previous.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years

Starly will be a random encounter, just like any wild pokémon. You won't know until you actually get into the battle. And yeah, what Endless said is true for the most part. I'm pretty sure you can step in the wrong type of shaking grass patch and still continue the chain, but the odds it'll continue are reduced. In that case, I think any subsequent patches should be the same type as the new one for better chances.

Years
Starly will be a random encounter, just like any wild pokémon. You won't know until you actually get into the battle. And yeah, what Endless said is true for the most part. I'm pretty sure you can step in the wrong type of shaking grass patch and still continue the chain, but the odds it'll continue are reduced. In that case, I think any subsequent patches should be the same type as the new one for better chances.

One last thing, how do I know if my chain was broken or not?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I didn't see a QQT in the pokemon general section and didn't want to make a new thread just for one question, is there any pokemon that is shiny but also Red, White and Blue? Or maybe any thing that could be relatable to the 4th of July?

Years
I didn't see a QQT in the pokemon general section and didn't want to make a new thread just for one question, is there any pokemon that is shiny but also Red, White and Blue? Or maybe any thing that could be relatable to the 4th of July?

Some notable shinies with red/white/blue (or similar colors) I can think of include Slowking (it's more pink than red + has some tan), the Togepi line (with some tan on Togepi; also, Togetic/Togekiss are more white in their normal color palettes), the entire Ralts line, Zangoose, and Victini (its ears are more orange than red, though). The best relatable Pokemon I can think of are Rufflet and Braviary, as eagles are seen as patriotic symbols. (Braviary's normal and shiny color palettes also have red/white/blue on them, among other colors.)

Hope this helps somewhat o/

Years

468.png

That's the only one I could think of. :c

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Some notable shinies with red/white/blue (or similar colors) I can think of include Slowking (it's more pink than red + has some tan), the Togepi line (with some tan on Togepi; also, Togetic/Togekiss are more white in their normal color palettes), the entire Ralts line, Zangoose, and Victini (its ears are more orange than red, though). The best relatable Pokemon I can think of are Rufflet and Braviary, as eagles are seen as patriotic symbols. (Braviary's normal and shiny color palettes also have red/white/blue on them, among other colors.)

Hope this helps somewhat o/

468.png

That's the only one I could think of. :c

Thanks to the both of you and I like all of those now only to pick just one lol.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Pokemon Red to Pokemon Y

Hello!! I have few questions

How do I get my pokemon from Pokemon Red for Gameboy to my Pokemon Y on my 2DS ?

What games and hardware are required?

What is the procedure step by step?

Setzer Gabbiani

Gambler
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Are there any losable battles in Pokemon Emerald? Like, how you can lose to your rival in FR/LG, are there any similar to that in R/S/E's coding?

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hello!! I have few questions

How do I get my pokemon from Pokemon Red for Gameboy to my Pokemon Y on my 2DS ?

What games and hardware are required?

What is the procedure step by step?

There's no legit way to transfer a pokémon all the way from the first gen games to the sixth gen ones, because you can't transfer between second and third gens. The oldest pokémon you can transfer are from the third gen games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen). To do this:

1. Transfer your pokémon from third gen to fourth gen using Pal Park in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum (surf south from Sandgem to get there), HeartGold, or SoulSilver (Fuchsia City). This requires a DS that has a GBA slot, and I think you can only transfer six at a time.

2. Transfer from fourth gen to fifth gen using the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15 of Black, White, Black 2, or White 2. This requires two DSes, and I think you can only transfer six at a time.

3. Transfer from fifth gen to Pokémon Bank on the 3DS. This requires the Pokémon Transporter software (comes with Pokémon Bank) you can find on the 3DS eShop. I've read that it transfers all pokémon in Box 1 of the fifth gen game you're using. You only need a 3DS for this part.

4. You can move pokémon between X/Y and Pokémon Bank. I think this is done on the menu screen of X/Y, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Are there any losable battles in Pokemon Emerald? Like, how you can lose to your rival in FR/LG, are there any similar to that in R/S/E's coding?

You mean a battle you can lose and still continue on with the story? Hmm, not that I can remember.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Cant figure out Pokedex 3d Pro... Please help.

Hello,
So I just downloaded Pokedex 3D pro on my 3DS but I dont know how to import photos or export photos of pokemon. I know you can add pokemon to a photo and save it to your SD and put it on your computer, but I cant figure out how.

Please help.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
How do I Pokemon?

Okay, this is going to blow your minds.

I've never played Pokemon before, but I decided to try it. I'm not sure I get some things about the game. I'm going to ask some basic questions about how people approach these games in an effort to understand it better... pardon the noobery.

Do people try to catch them all? Do you level every Pokemon up? That seems like it might take forever. If not, how do you make a good team if you don't even know what Pokemon are out there? (I know I can look stuff up online, I just try not to as much as possible).

What's with unlearning skills and learning new ones? How do I pick? I feel like so far I've just always taken the new one because the game doesn't really tell me what it does and I'm curious... they force me to decide on the spot.

Is there stuff you do after the main game?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Okay, this is going to blow your minds.

I've never played Pokemon before, but I decided to try it. I'm not sure I get some things about the game. I'm going to ask some basic questions about how people approach these games in an effort to understand it better... pardon the noobery.

Do people try to catch them all? Do you level every Pokemon up? That seems like it might take forever. If not, how do you make a good team if you don't even know what Pokemon are out there? (I know I can look stuff up online, I just try not to as much as possible).

What's with unlearning skills and learning new ones? How do I pick? I feel like so far I've just always taken the new one because the game doesn't really tell me what it does and I'm curious... they force me to decide on the spot.

Is there stuff you do after the main game?

Well, while leveling your Pokemon levels up is compulsory so that you never lose a battle, you don't have to catch em' all. You still can, it's just not a must. Really, Pokemon is a game that allows a great amount of flexibility; it's not sandbox freedom, but freedom in a few choices in teams and such. You can pretty much find your own way to play! It all comes down to 2 things though: training your Pokemon and becoming champ. I personally feel exploration does a good job at finding out what Pokemon can be found, though sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia do a good job, too. (not only for Pokemon locations, too!)

Skills come in the form of TMs (Technical Machines) and HMs (Hidden Machines). TMs and HMs are numbered and cover a vast array of moves e.g. TM46 is a Dark type move and is Thief. The differences between TMs and HMs is that there are less HMs than there are TMs, and that while TMs can be replaced for other moves and/or TMs, HMs cannot. You pick according to both your Pokemon's own moveset and your individual tastes. d:

There's a bunch of stuff to do after the games! Extra battles, legendary Pokemon to catch, new areas and more.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
Help! What should I buy to catch them all?

Hey guys I am trying to fulfill my quest of catching them all, but I do not know how to begin. I want to start off slow and just do Gens 1 2 and 3, then once I finish that get the next 3 games. I already have ruby red but my question is which gen 1 game should I get (Fire Red or Leaf Green) and which gen 2 should I get (HG or SS)? Thanks for the help!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hey guys I am trying to fulfill my quest of catching them all, but I do not know how to begin. I want to start off slow and just do Gens 1 2 and 3, then once I finish that get the next 3 games. I already have ruby red but my question is which gen 1 game should I get (Fire Red or Leaf Green) and which gen 2 should I get (HG or SS)? Thanks for the help!

Each has its own version-exclusives; if you care about them and want to get a hold of certain Pokémon, then you should select your game accordingly (consider looking up on a website like Serebii to gather more info on them). Aside from that, they're all pretty much same in terms of graphics, gameplay, and story-line. If you're not worrying about these kind of things too much, then you could get any version you like. Personally, I got FireRed and SoulSilver. I did get a hold of other two later on, but these are the first that I wound up buying. If you're still unsure about this, then... well, just flip a coin, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back