• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Finish the Phrase: Team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
... Team Fail? You know they're going to it by the end.

EDIT: Just notice OP's username, haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I really wish they'd break the chain. The only interesting evil organization was Cipher and that was because of the fact that they actually used the Pokémon in a way other teams didn't by making them shadow Pokémon, which I don't see happening in the handheld games, unfortunately.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Seeing as there's a rather large emphasis on the black/white, darkness/light theme, the evil team(s) needs to play off that. I'd like to see an evil team that qualifies as frighteningly villainous instead of a yakuza-style mob, fanatical environmentalists, or a downright plain loony team.

This is just wishful thinking on my part though...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I think they might bring back team rocket!?
Have you beaten the team rocket grunt in kanto in hg/ss? to get the machine part? well for those of you who havent, once you beat him he tells you hes gonna go back to his country (isshu anyone?) and rebulid team rocket! (or was it make his own rocket?) Anyone agree?
If not then i hope they do two teams again (like magma and aqua!) team back and team white... or team dark and light XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Seeing as there's a rather large emphasis on the black/white, darkness/light theme, the evil team(s) needs to play off that. I'd like to see an evil team that qualifies as frighteningly villainous instead of a yakuza-style mob, fanatical environmentalists, or a downright plain loony team.

I wouldn't say that. I don't know about you, but as the teams progressed from generation to generation, I noticed a lot of changes in their cynicalness and thirst for world domination. I think that they've become more evil as the generations progressed. Even though the grunts are poor excuses for villains, it seems kind of appropriate that they only continue to get more and more villainous.

And since, like you said, black and white is commonly compared to good vs evil, I think a villainous team that isn't laughable is kind of expected. I would like to see the type of villains that there were in FireRed and LeafGreen on the island. You remember those bikers? Kind of like them; relentless and rather intimidating.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years

This. I'd hope for something incredibly cultish. Perhaps a cult obsessed with purity, and the other with chaos or corruption and they switch around as antagonists like Aqua and Magma in Ruby and Saphire. The Order of Lumis and The Umber Syndicate. That would fit with the light/darkness theme but it's a little over the top, evern more so than Team Galactic and their new universe idea.. I just hope they don't go for a "gain-control-of-the-legendary-and-use-it-for-our-evil-purpose-mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-look-at-how-evil-we-are-we-are-so-evil-bet-you-can't-defeat-our-zubats-and-stop-us"-esque plotline again as it's no longer original.

That brings me to my other point. Will the evil teams please STOP USING ZUBAT!!!! It's getting really old now!

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
So there was team rocket, team aqua, team magma and team galactic.
I'll go team moon.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I'd like to see one very evil team, and a good team to... help you out along the way. It's black and white, after all. Can't think of any names, but yeah, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Have you beaten the team rocket grunt in kanto in hg/ss? to get the machine part? well for those of you who havent, once you beat him he tells you hes gonna go back to his country (isshu anyone?) and rebulid team rocket! (or was it make his own rocket?) Anyone agree?
If not then i hope they do two teams again (like magma and aqua!) team back and team white... or team dark and light XD

Team Rocket. I hope hope hope they return :D
Sorry, not trying to call anyone out or anything, but I'm very very curious and I'm trying to figure out why you guys want them to return.

Think about what happened in previous generations. In Generation I, we expected them to be there forever since we never thought of another evil team coming since... it hadn't been done yet. After they disbanded for three years they return and a kid in Generation II manages to defeat them? The only possible way they'd be in this generation would probably be because a) there's another branch of Team Rocket in the Isshu region, or b) because they were embarrassed to show their faces in the previous regions and relocated.

I had to lol at that. I have to agree, though. Whatever the new teams are, GET RID OF ZUBAT!!!! its kinda old, now.(COUGH15yearslaterCOUGH)
Hopefully Zubat won't be included in this generation, but that right there is wishful thinking.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If it's an evil team there should be a good team you help out.

Otherwise I want ONE villain.

No more trainer-who-just-started taking down whole evil corporations -.- XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years

This. I'd hope for something incredibly cultish. Perhaps a cult obsessed with purity, and the other with chaos or corruption and they switch around as antagonists like Aqua and Magma in Ruby and Saphire. The Order of Lumis and The Umber Syndicate. That would fit with the light/darkness theme but it's a little over the top, evern more so than Team Galactic and their new universe idea.. I just hope they don't go for a "gain-control-of-the-legendary-and-use-it-for-our-evil-purpose-mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-look-at-how-evil-we-are-we-are-so-evil-bet-you-can't-defeat-our-zubats-and-stop-us"-esque plotline again as it's no longer original.

That brings me to my other point. Will the evil teams please STOP USING ZUBAT!!!! It's getting really old now!
Love this post. I actually really like that idea. :F

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years

As much sense as this theory makes, I'm fairly certain that bumbling foreign idiot would make the lamest evil team admin ever. XD

Like I said, I want an evil team executive that's so menacing and malicious that he could give the little ones nightmares. Cyrus came close, but he came off as a little too insane to be taken seriously. I sometimes wonder how a loon like him attracted so many inept disciples. >_>

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'd like to see one very evil team, and a good team to... help you out along the way. It's black and white, after all. Can't think of any names, but yeah, haha.
This is what I had in mind. Two teams who go against each other, but this time more involved. Ruby and Sapphire had a decent plot with Team Magma and Team Aqua, but I just feel it wasn't implemented into the game's story enough.

Something like Team Dusk and Team Dawn (I know, so unoriginal right?). This time Team Dusk is at attempt to keep the whole region dark. Light shall no longer prevail over Isshu region, but instead it shall be left in complete darkness, with only the moon revealing such little light. They need the help of the game's mascot to complete their villainous plans, but at the same time they're taking Pokémon and turning them to the dark side (a little Team Cipher influence). While the team that represents the day becomes very twined with the story and you as the protagonist. Vise Versa would happen for Pokémon White as Team Dawn tries to keep the region only in light, while Team Dusk becomes involved to prevent them. They too would be capturing Pokémon for evil use under a machine of the sorts.

The team plot is kind of mirroring that of Ruby and Sapphire, but I'd like it to be more of a darker thought out scheme this time. The team's aren't too much of a pushover in which they can really give players a run for their money. Intertwining two plots for each team - being turned over Pokémon and the idea to keep the region lit or at dark. And obviously, I'd like both grunts and leaders to have decent team rosters and not the same thing we've been seeing every generation (i.e Zubat and others).

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
Years
I'd love to see team aqua/magma come back. The aqua/magma battle music from R/S/E was awesome! (Best Pokémon battle theme I've ever heard) I'm really looking forward to seeing if this 'new' team has a Zubat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Something like Team Dusk and Team Dawn (I know, so unoriginal right?). This time Team Dusk is at attempt to keep the whole region dark. Light shall no longer prevail over Isshu region, but instead it shall be left in complete darkness, with only the moon revealing such little light. They need the help of the game's mascot to complete their villainous plans, but at the same time they're taking Pokémon and turning them to the dark side (a little Team Cipher influence). While the team that represents the day becomes very twined with the story and you as the protagonist. Vise Versa would happen for Pokémon White as Team Dawn tries to keep the region only in light, while Team Dusk becomes involved to prevent them. They too would be capturing Pokémon for evil use under a machine of the sorts.
It would be really nice to have a good vs evil thing going on that was introduced in Generation III, like you and Ryan have said. One of the things that bothered me with Ruby and Sapphire was the fact that the side of good and evil depended on which version of the game you chose to purchase. I would really like the plot in both of the games to be rather fixed, whereas the evil team remained the same in both versions, instead of depending solely on which version of the game you purchased.

I'd love to see team aqua/magma come back. The aqua/magma battle music from R/S/E was awesome! (Best Pokémon battle theme I've ever heard) I'm really looking forward to seeing if this 'new' team has a Zubat.
The only question I have is why would they come back? They really don't have much of a storyline for this version and don't play into the whole Black and White aspect of the game.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years

This is what I had in mind. Two teams who go against each other, but this time more involved. Ruby and Sapphire had a decent plot with Team Magma and Team Aqua, but I just feel it wasn't implemented into the game's story enough.

The team plot is kind of mirroring that of Ruby and Sapphire, but I'd like it to be more of a darker thought out scheme this time. The team's aren't too much of a pushover in which they can really give players a run for their money. Intertwining two plots for each team - being turned over Pokémon and the idea to keep the region lit or at dark. And obviously, I'd like both grunts and leaders to have decent team rosters and not the same thing we've been seeing every generation (i.e Zubat and others).
Ohhh, now there's something cool. To expand on that, perhaps Team Dusk's calamity is massive black-outs all over the region with missing people and Pokémon? Like a region being consumed by the darkness.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Other than Team Magma and Team Aqua having no purpose in Black and White, they disbanded right after the legendaries lost control in RSE. So, their return is pretty slim as of Team Rocket, sadly. To be honest, it's a new Generation and it definitely shows it's a rebirth of Pokémon. So, I doubt any former teams would have a return.

It would be really nice to have a good vs evil thing going on that was introduced in Generation III, like you and Ryan have said. One of the things that bothered me with Ruby and Sapphire was the fact that the side of good and evil depended on which version of the game you chose to purchase. I would really like the plot in both of the games to be rather fixed, whereas the evil team remained the same in both versions, instead of depending solely on which version of the game you purchased.
I agree actually on it being based on which version you purchase, which is why when Emerald was released I was pleased they gave the story more of a twist by making both teams show they are both villains. So, if they can take this same idea and put it into Black and White first, before the third counterpart, then I'd probably enjoy it more. As long as the plot of the game is more deeply thought out than past generations then I'd be satisfied enough, as that's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Ohhh, now there's something cool. To expand on that, perhaps Team Dusk's calamity is massive black-outs all over the region with missing people and Pokémon? Like a region being consumed by the darkness.
Oh cool, I like your expansion on the idea. It makes me want something like this to occur even more. Like I said, all of this is what gives the plot something deeper and more fun to go through. So, yeah if something like this can occur with my pre-existing idea, then I'd be pleased with that. =]

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
What if this time the team started out as a three man organization that tries to steal your Pokemon at the beginning, but as you progress through the game, so do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back