• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
Is there a mapping tool for R/S/E/FR/LG that randomizes the Pokemon on the route (or is there a way to do it in Advanced Map?)

Kind of like on Crystal Map you can view the Pokemon, put it the level range you want, then hit the Randomize button and it will put random Pokemon on the route in your level range. Any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Is there a mapping tool for R/S/E/FR/LG that randomizes the Pokemon on the route (or is there a way to do it in Advanced Map?)Kind of like on Crystal Map you can view the Pokemon, put it the level range you want, then hit the Randomize button and it will put random Pokemon on the route in your level range. Any Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi.
I think there's no way to do that.
Can i change the palette of the world map? I mean,changing the city colors and etc.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
How would i flawlessly edit the door animations in R/S/E to allow for smaller doors, the same size as Fire Red?

Flawlessly? Well, you'd have to hack the routine which copies over the tiles so that it only copied over the lower half of the animation image. But that's probably not necessary. You can just make the top four tiles the same as whatever block is usually above the door for each frame in the animation. That way, the blocks will technically be animated but 1) every frame will be the same image so it won't seem like an animation; and 2) the image will be the same as it was before the player entered the door so they won't notice any change at all.

Can i change the palette of the world map? I mean,changing the city colors and etc.

Sure you can. Any palette can be changed. You just have to find the palette.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Flawlessly? Well, you'd have to hack the routine which copies over the tiles so that it only copied over the lower half of the animation image. But that's probably not necessary. You can just make the top four tiles the same as whatever block is usually above the door for each frame in the animation. That way, the blocks will technically be animated but 1) every frame will be the same image so it won't seem like an animation; and 2) the image will be the same as it was before the player entered the door so they won't notice any change at all.
That's a good way to do it, but it sure wastes a lot of doors...
Too bad some awesome ASM hacker couldn't copy over the routine from FR.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
That's a good way to do it, but it sure wastes a lot of doors...
Too bad some awesome ASM hacker couldn't copy over the routine from FR.

It doesn't "waste" any doors. All you're doing is creating the illusion that there is no animation for the block above the actual door. The tiles are being overwritten with a new frame; it's just that the new frame is the exact same image that was there before. No extra space is used. In fact, the exact same amount of space is used. If space really is a problem (well, I'd recommend ROM expansion before this), then yeah, hacking the routine would allow for twice as many door animations. Though you'd have to do more extensive hacking just to allow for more door animations in the first place.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
It doesn't "waste" any doors. All you're doing is creating the illusion that there is no animation for the block above the actual door. The tiles are being overwritten with a new frame; it's just that the new frame is the exact same image that was there before. No extra space is used. In fact, the exact same amount of space is used. If space really is a problem (well, I'd recommend ROM expansion before this), then yeah, hacking the routine would allow for twice as many door animations. Though you'd have to do more extensive hacking just to allow for more door animations in the first place.
Erm... Two things wrong there...
I said it wastes doors because, to make a door for, say, a FR house with a blue roof, and then, you want to use the same door for another house, the blue roof will appear out of nowhere when the animation plays.
So then you have to make ANOTHER door for that roof. And so on...

Also, extensive hacking for more animations is NOT needed as Zodiac's door manager supports door repointing.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
I think there's no way to do that.

..of course there is. All they need to do is make a program that will select the Pokemon at random, and select the level at random. And as I said, there is already one for G/S/C so why not FR?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
..of course there is. All they need to do is make a program that will select the Pokemon at random, and select the level at random. And as I said, there is already one for G/S/C so why not FR?

Necessity is the mother of invention. Obviously, nobody felt that it was necessary or even useful so it hasn't been done. As I said the last time you posted this question, you can just use random.org if it's really a priority for you.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
Years
  • Age 33
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Quick question. In FireRed, how would I go about changing the battle terrain of a certain tile. Like, let's say I want to change a grass tile to sand. How would I make it so that when I enter a battle, I'll see a sandy battlefield instead of grass?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How can i change music(Just swap the ones in the ROM) in a BPRE Fire Red Rom? The older Sappy doesn't allow either BPRE or BPEE,and the newer just doesn't work.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
do i need to get different tiles to make a house appear
two story?
i cant do it :P
it's really annoying :P

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
1. What is the recommended program for Pokemon Ruby Map Editing?
2. What is the recommended program for Pokemon Ruby Text Editing?
3. What is the recommended program for Pokemon Ruby Sprite Editor?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years

1. Advanced Map
2. Advanced Text (But I suggest making your own using XSE
3. Overworld Sprite Editor/Hacked unLZ GBA both are in the same thread as XSE.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
1) Advance Map by LU-HO
2) Text editing is bad. I suggest eXtreme Script Editor. Learn by a tutorial. Because Advance Text repoints to non-free data.
3) Hacked unlz-GBA for sprites. But I suggest Advance Sprite Editor for Pokemon sprites. And Nameless Sprite Editor for overworlds.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Ok, this is really starting to annoy me, but whenever I edit the HP box, the game freezes upon entrance into battle. How would I fix this?
If you repointed the graphics, you have to repoint it to an offset that ends with 0, 4, 8, and I think C.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

1. HEX Workshop
2. HEX Workshop
3. HEX Workshop

You learn best this way.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
1. HEX Workshop
2. HEX Workshop
3. HEX Workshop

You learn best this way.

C'mon, man. I understand the point that you're trying to make but please be rational. You can't expect a total newbie to be able to edit compressed data with a hex editor. Realistically, the list should go something like this:

1. AdvanceMap
2. XSE for script text / hex editor with table file support for everything else
3. Tile Molester Alternate for uncompressed graphics / unLZ for compressed graphics

Just telling someone who most likely has no previous knowledge of ROM hacking to use a hex editor for everything is a bad idea. Even the most advanced hackers still tools, albeit more non-game-specific ones. Newbies should start out using tools and then, once they feel more comfortable, branch out into the uncharted waters of hex editors.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
Hi,
I want to know how to insert a new pokemon in the Pokedex?
I used YAPE to change the "?" and put a new Pokemon "Lucario", but the Pokedex part is unavailable to edit.
How can i add this Pokemon to the pokedex.
I found the Dex Data Offset but i don't know how to add Lucario on it.
Please, help me if you can. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back