• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Would You Want to Live?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'd probably end up in Cerulean City if I were to be in Kanto, because it has plenty of water to go swimming around in as well as some lovely scenery, apparently. And to me, it doesn't seem overly busy or crowded, nor does it seem to be completely boring and void. Similarly, I'd be in Cherrygrove City for the Johto region, as it's right next to the beach as well as having a moderate source of traffic coupled with a relaxing atmosphere.

In Hoenn, I'm inclined to say that I'd be in Fortree City, because it looks fascinating and exciting, as there would be something new and wondrous every day. Of course, that could be the same if I were to go on a Pokemon journey, but whatever. Also, Sootopolis City looks like a nice place to live. As for Sinnoh, I'd probably be in Floaroma Town for obvious reasons, or possibly Snowpoint City, because I actually like the snow. It seems like it'd have a colder climate, which I can tolerate to a degree.

In Unova, I'd definitely be in Undella Town.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Sky Tower from PMD seems like it would be rather nice XD

As far as main cities go, then probably Snowpoint City.

Years
Kanto - Vermilion City
Johto - Olivine City
Hoenn - Slateport City
Sinnoh - Pastoria City
Unova - Driftveil City

The cities I would like to live in are all what I would consider medium-large cities, and are all situated near a body of water. There would still be lots of things to do in these cities, and most are only a route or two away from some of the more major places (Saffron/Celadon, Hearthome, Castelia/Nimbasa).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Castelia City, for sure. I just love huge, busy cities. And, it's full of businessmen! <3

I guess Celadon City would be nice too, since it has the department store (I do love to shop) and the game corner.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Anywhere in Hoenn would be fine with me. Preferably a populous city, but I wouldn't mind if it was someplace like Sootopolis. Being in an underwater city seems fascinating. xD

BilbaoTrainer

Crazy Potatoe
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Nice question, I like a lot the pkmn cities and the structure of the pkmn world.

If I have to live in Kanto, I would choose Saffron City. It's a big city, is near Celadon and its comercial center, near the important port of Vermilion and close to Cerulean (that is more turistical and funny). It has a lot of bussiness buildings and is high density populated, so a lot of people lives in there. It's the center of a big metropolis that ( in the real world) would include Celadon, Vermilion, Cerulean and Lavander.

In Johto I would like to live in Olivine because of his lighthouse, the port and the Battle Frontier situated very close. Violet city is also cool and is near to the Ruins of Alph.

In Hoenn I would choose Lilycove, because of the beautifull beach, the ferry, the commercial center and the contest hall. It's very complet and big. Slateport is also nice.

In Sinnoh I would like to live in Oreburgh City. It's a rich place because of the south industries and isn't from Jubilife and Hearthome. I like the industrial cities.

Finally, in Unova I would live in Castelia, the biggest city in the pokemon world. It has a lot of things to do, and it has an important financial district. A lot of people lives in Castelia so is easy to make friends. In unova they are also cool, Opelucid (the modern one) and Hodomoe.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
Kanto: Pewter City. It's quite and nestled between rugged mountains and rocks >v<
Johto: blackthorn city
Hoenn: Lilycove city. It nears the sea <3

Years
Kanto - Cinnabar Island - (Blaine!! That is all haha)

But didn't Cinnabar get fried by a volcano?

Anyway for me it would probably be

Kanto: Probably Fuchsia because it's a nice location with plenty to do as well as a gym to train or we. It is also near the beach and in some ways reminds me of where I live now.

Johto: Olivine because I find it very Aesthetically pleasing and it is also very close to a lot of other cities so visiting other places for entertainment would be easy enough.

Hoenn: Fortree seems interesting but I (almost) shamelessly admit the thought of living high up in a tree terrifies me. I'd probably like to live in Lillycove it's a large enough town as to not be boring but it is also quite peaceful and is close to Mosdeep, Fortree and Sootopolis so I could visit there. As another thing I also would like to have a sectret base on the little cove near Fallaber (the one with all the flying types and jiggly puff). The tree there makes the best secret base in the games.

Sinnoh: Sunny Shore. It's like like Olivine or Lillycove but better. Plus it is eco-friendly which is a bonus.

Unova: I don't like Unova as much as other regions in its design but most likely Opelucid(as decribed in White) since whilst still being a large city with even a large shopping centre near by it is still steeped in rich and interesting history.

I put far too much thought into this...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Kanto: Cinnabar! It'd have to be the Gen I Cinnabar though obviously xD I love the idea of living on a small island like that and all the Poison types in the mansion would make for wonderful friends, plus having the Seafoam Islands nearby would be sweet n.n

Johto: Ecruteak. Once again, kinda just for the Pokémon in the tower haha, plus it's a very beautiful city and having access to Bell Tower would be pretty epic. Also there's entertainment from the dancing geisha so you'll never get bored :3

Hoenn: Lilycove. The beachy-harboury atmosphere is great, the caves would be fun to explore, the department store would be very useful and lighthouses are awesome! Plus there's loads of interesting Pokémon just outside the city so they'd be awesome to play with.

Sinnoh: Snowpoint! There's no other choice for me, I absolutely love Snowpoint. The snow, the atmosphere, the gym leader, the surrounding mountains and forests, the ancient temple, it'd just be such a nice place to live. I'd be so glad to live there.

Unova: Icirrus City I guess for similar reasons to Snowpoint, but that wouldn't be all year round :( There's not really many places in Unova that I do like, so I guess that's the best option haha.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Kanto: Well definitely not Lavender Town, that's for sure. Uhh, I guess I'd say Cerulean. It's not one of the bigger cities, however it's not one of the smaller towns either. It's got quite the nature around it, the way to Vermillion is not that far, so taking the ferry to Johto or Sevii Isles would be a lot easier (even though in the Pokemon world everyone uses Fly anyway).

Johto: Olivine! A nice harbour town, with quick access to the ferry if I want to travel anywhere. It seems like a nice and quiet place, not too crowded. It'd be beautiful looking out at the sea with the light tower shining bright, and not far away there's a Miltank farm, which means lots of Moo Moo milk.

Hoenn: To be honest, I don't really like many of the places here, as most of them are surrounded by water :( So yeah, I guess the city I'd like to live in the most here would be Mauville. I'm not quite sure why, but I've always really liked the place, and Wattson is probably one of my favourite gym leaders from Hoenn. And with that, I'd be able to see the progress of New Mauville ;)

Sinnoh: I'm gonna jump away from all the small, peaceful towns and say Jubilife here. I don't know why I feel that way, but it just feels like a lot of stuff is happening there compared to the rest of Sinnoh. It may be because of the Jubilife TV station being there, but either way, this is just one of the regions where I'd like to live in one of the bigger cities. Another one would be Sunyshore, just because of all the technology there, and Volkner is pretty cool :P

Unova: NUVEMA TOWN BECAUSE WHO CARES FJNAELFALFJHF

i've never played b/w :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Kanto: Cerulean City (seems pleasant but when I toughen up, there's Cerulean cave nearby)

Johto: Olivine City (Ecruteak and Battle Frontier nearby; there's also the port)

Hoenn: Lilycove City (fun to say; has Mt. Pyre and the entire ocean route nearby)

Sinnoh: Sunyshore City (love love love bicycling around the solar panel things haha)

Unova: Black City (black is sleek and there's some tough routes nearby to grind on to keep my awesome team awesome obviously)

Basically I'd travel the crap out of the Pokemon world.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Preferably Goldenrod City, especially since it has the Magnet Train to Kanto. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

~Electrivire~

My Imaginary Friend Haz Issuez
Years
Kanto - Fuchsia City (by the water... that's about it)
Johto - Goldenrod City... (Magnet Train)
Hoenn - Sootopolis City... just look at it.
Sinnoh - Snowpoint City. I love the snow.
Unova - Castelia City... just so much going on. I love it.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
In Sinnoh, I'd live in Sandgem town. I find it very peaceful, and I like the quietness. I'm a city girl in real life, and I've gotten bored with all the buildings surrounding me. My next choice would be Hearthome, mainly because of the Contest Hall.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Kanto - Pallet Town/Lavender Town: I'd like to live in Pallet Town because, not only is it the town to receive your starters, but also because it's nice and quiet. c: Lavender Town because I love its theme it's a quaint, yet fascinating little town; the rumors behind the town make it that much more interesting!

Johto - Ecruteak City: I just really love this city! I think watching the Kimono Girls dance would be cool and then getting to explore the Burned Tower!

Hoenn - Lavaridge Town/Fortree City: I'd like to live in Lavaridge because it's home of Fire-type Pokémon and has those relaxing hot springs! As for Fortree City, I think it'd be kind of cool to live in the trees! c:

Sinnoh - Veilstone City: I honestly don't know where I'd live here. I guess Veilstone because of the shopping center. :U

Unova - Nimbasa City/Virbank City/Castelia City: Nimbasa City because amusement park. Virbank City for Roxie's band (even though I'm not into the type of music she plays, technically, but whatever) and also to find me a Growlithe. <3 Castelia City because it's such an amazing place, and also Skyarrow Bridge! :D

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
#1 - Olivine in Johto. Relaxing seaside atmosphere that can only come with a port. No new reasons to add, really...

#2 - Fortree City in Hoenn. How wouldn't living in a treehouse be awesome?

#3 - Opelucid City from Pokemon White. I love the quaint, antiquated atmosphere that still looks neat. Plus, in Unova, I'd have access to all kinds of cool things.

Those three come to mind. There are probably more...

Back