• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Age of Heroes [IC]

Which of the Legendaries/Paragons would the heroes meet in their quest?

• Total voters

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Reginard Asphos

Reginard silently watched the grave before him. He had dug out the grave and had slowly unwrapped the wires that held his form and laid his body in the hold and covered it. He slowly sat on down and let his head hang over. He was silent for a moment then he slowly began to move to lay on his side and he curled up into a ball. Weak sobs escaped his throat, but that just made him curl into a tighter ball. To see not only a good friend dead, but on display as a sort of puppet? He could feel his sadness overwhelm him and he didn't fight it off. He let it grip him tightly and he happily embraced it back. He sobbed for who knew how long and after a while he began to wipe the tears from his eyes. He blinked a bit and stood back up shakily. He wiped the remains of dirt from his yellow skin and stared for a while at the tomb.

He placed a psychic marker on the unmarked grave. He would make sure to not forget about this spot. If he died so what? At least he would be able to be with his friend in the afterlife now. He wiped another tear and as his sadness slowly died down he felt another stronger emotion quickly taking over. Anger. Pure and simple anger. He gripped his spoons and stick very hard as he thought of Zeal. He knew that going back would only be what that pathetic pokemon would want... but he wanted it too now.

He closed his eyes tightly as he drew upon some psychic energy. He had laid a marker on all of them and until his death Guardian would have transmitted that marker all over the place. He would in essence find a trail that only he would be able to follow. Not only that... but he had felt something else. Dark energy was all over the Golurk's body. Surely that would be yet another clue that he was following the right path! He would reach out to feel any dark energy and from there he could even track down Zeal.

"I must take an absence my friend. Rest, you've earned it." He closed his eyes and in a moment he ported away... to where he was able to sense form some time ago where he had been in contact with one of the others. Yes... as he traced the marks back in his head he could feel Tsulong's own marker here. They were together for some time, so obviously up until now Guardian was still alive or else Tsulong would have been moving very fast elsewhere if he had found Guardian was being killed here. He closed his eyes and focused. Where did Guardian's signal take him next? How did Zeal manage to get him away from the crowds? And how was he able to kill him and tie up his body so quickly as well? And why the puppet motif?

Reginard closed his eyes and focused a bit more. Hm... In an instant he ported along the path that the Guardian had left. Let's see... the West Wind district! Yes... and then... he was moving fast. Very fast, like he had seen something. Reginard moved along the psychic trail, almost like a bloodhound. He ported along here and there and finally he stopped. He was now at the sewers and had to construct a light psychic shield to protect himself from the rotten smell. Now... the trail lay dead. He was silent for a moment and thought. Yes.... the dark energy he had sensed. Zeal could have used dark energy to interfere with whatever psychic link he had laid on the Guardian. Then... Guardian must have entered this door!

Reginard took in a shaky breath and put one hand on the door. In one way he really really didn't want to see what was in there. On the other, he was just too angry to care. His eyes glowed a deep blue as he shoved the door in, collapsing it to mere pieces and he walked on in.

The Sewars were dark, but there were small lights here and there that let him see that a large body was dragged along. Among the dirt in the sewers it was relatively easy to follow the trail to a more open area. There was a large indent here, where Guardian had probably been laid. He coudl see that there had been sweeps here and there, obviously someone had been trying to hide evidence. He kneeled down and looked at a dust pile and as he looked around he caught a glint of something. Cut wires. So.. this was where Guardian's arms had been ripped off and the wires were attached. He rubbed at his chin and looked around yet agian.

He gripped his head and closed his eyes tightly. He had been alone... but not anymore. He reached out his mind to the other heroes, I know I have been distant lately... but I am on the trail of Zeal. He took Guardian... I found the spot where he killed him. Do not worry about Guardian's body, he is buried as should be done. I am on the trail of him right now. All of them would feel a tingling sensation over their skin then, Now, you can all track each other. Make sure to keep in contact! If one of us dies, our signal will disappear... I was too angry... I... I wasn't paying attention... Reginard was silent as something akin to remorse fled the channel for a bit.

I will find him... and I will need everyone's help.

He made his way along the trail in the sewers where the body was dragged. He ended up in front of another door and pushed it open to find himself in the Court of Winds. He saw the trail that led along the crowd... to where the stage was... He was quiet for a moment as he saw that the concil was there. And... he felt his spoons drop from his hands as he stared at the Zoroark. "You..."

Reginard could feel his anger, his hatred flaring up. "YOU!" He screamed out. In an instant he teleported to appear next to the Zoroark. His fists were already curled up and ready to start punching at his face, "YOU F***ER!" Ser Tevalis stood in his way, though, protecting the Zoroark with his back. There was a sob.

"Help me," Toa said.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
"Someone's coming," Scorpius said cheerfully. "About time, eh? Rude boy," she laughed, hanging from the bars of her prison as if she was drunk. Gaius snorted dismissively but still pushed himself up from the floor to peer curiously down the corridor.

The corridor was soon overrun with Winged Hussars. The birds knocked open Gaius's cell and pecked him until he got up and followed them out. The Braixen threw her arms up, "what of me?"

"Your time's not yet come," one of the Archeops said.

"You stinking birds," Scorpius yelled at them, but then quickly looked at Gaius. She brushed a hand off his shoulder, smiling playfully. "Pray that your head doesn't leave your shoulders today," she said.

"I have no intention of dying here." the Lucario grunted, briefly snapping his teeth at a Hussar whose beak had flashed too close to his face. It was tempting to try and fight back but he forced himself to keep calm and allow himself to be herded along; as much pain as it had caused him, the psychic reading his mind had him confident that this would go in his favour.

He was dragged out of the dungeons, to the Court of Winds. Winged Hussars had circled the square, but they allowed the two Hussars dragging Gaius to pass. The Lords and Ladies of the Council were all waiting upon the stage, where the show had taken place. Lady Tanda, Lady Lyra, Lord Zygon, Lord Archelon and Lord Januario... with his ghost associate, a Gengar. There was a bulky Conkeldurr gripping a Zoroark tightly upon the stage. An Arcanine and a Charizard who were strangers to Gaius were in the scene as well.

The Winged Hussars came to a halt in front of the stage, presenting Gaius. Lord Zygon floated next to him, raising a pointy spear to the Lucario's chin, examining him. "Gaius, wasn't it?" He pointed another spear at the Zoroark, his brimming yellow eyes still fixed on Gaius. "Do you know this man?"

Gaius stood stock still and glared at the lord for a moment before his eyes flickered to the pinned pokemon, closing after a quick examination to let him focus on the aura of the other prisoner. "No." he said simply, "Neither his face or his aura is familiar to me." Curiosity bubbled in his mind as to who the Pokemon was and why he was pinned here but he forced it down behind a stony facade.

"Did you kill the Ambassador and his associates?" Lady Tanda asked Gaius. The Lucario couldn't help but growl a bit before answering; hadn't they even bothered to talk to their pet psychic after sending him down to visit? "Once again, No. I heard an explosion, went over to see what was happening and was attacked by your Hussars as I arrived." The insult he felt at being accused of the act was clear in his voice.

"He's lying," the Gothitelle screeched; just then, the skies growled in a thunder that was coming from far up the mountains.

"My lady," someone from the stage said. Everyone turned to look at Pierce, whose teeth reflected the lightning's light. However, he wasn't smiling. His face was difficult to read, but the cold frown and stern tone he used determined his seriousness. "I think it's safe to assume that this man before us has absolutely no connection to Zeal whatsoever."

"Release him," the Trade Prince commanded the Hussars, who let Gaius free of their grasp. He inclined his head in thanks to the Pikachu and stepped back from the Hussars, rubbing his wrists where they had been grasped. He opened his mouth and was about to say something when a loud shout off to the side caught his attention.

"This... this Zoroark..." Reginard shuddered with anger there. "He is Zeal! I know it!" He snapped angrily. "You made me bury my friend!" He screamed at Toa. "Why Toa!? Why did you leave us!?" He hissed. He gripped his head and closed his eyes tightly, "I have evidence... I know you you did it..." He said softly. "I saw it all..." He looked around a bit. "He... He is responsible for this all!"

"Is he, now?" Januario said sarcastically. "All I see is a Zoroark. I honestly expected more."

"Where's that proof you are speaking of?" Lady Lyra, the Luxray demanded. Meanwhile, Toa had started sobbing.

Reginard glanced at her with a smirk, "Here." He closed his eyes and then his eyes snapped open, glowing a blue hue. Everyone, save the one holding Toa, experienced a vision. In a flash they saw the experience he had in the library, minus hearing the words he had heard. They saw and heard the conversation he had with Zeal before Guardian had been revealed. They saw the trail he had taken in Guardian's path. The evidence he had found in the sewers was next. The dark energy on Guardian's body and the dark energy he had found in the sewers. All of it.

At that moment the vision ended and Reginard fell to a knee, gasping. "T-There." He coughed out. Tsulong howled at the vision. "Guardian!" he cried out, running over to Reginard. "Guardian... he's... is he dead?"

Pierce cried out as well, flying over to Toa. He shook his shoulders, having a distraught expression that screamed out in question. Ser Tevalis let the sobbing Zoroark go, fall to his knees in front of Pierce. "No..." Toa said, biting his snout harshly. "Please," he said to Pierce, "make them understand..."

"Well, that seems to be sufficient evidence," Lord Zygon said with a grin. "We have Zeal. He is right in front of us. This man, this Zoroark deserves to be condemned."

Pierce looked up to him. Another lightning halved the sky, flashing on his teeth. "I'm inclined to disagree." He said simply, his red gaze strangely blank, strangely cold upon the lord. Retracting his eyes, he started pacing up and down the stage. "Through observation, we have learned and accepted that Zeal uses psychic and fire-type moves to terminate his victims." He turned to face Toa, who had an equally blank expression on.

"My lords, tell me what kind of Zoroark can produce that sort of attacks."

Everyone was silent upon the stage for a moment. Pierce continued his pacing, bumping into the Hussar that was standing at the edge of the stage. "Pardon me," the shadow said, turning to the Council. "No Zoroark. The vision Reginard provided us with... is not solid enough to count as proof. I believe there were roughly a dozen Zoroarks upon this stage. The dark traces Reginard found on Guardian's body could be the aftermath of the attacks of any of those Pokemon."

"WHAT!?" Reginard screamed out. "YOU HEARD WHAT I HEARD! YOU SAW WHAT I SAW!" He pointed at Toa, "HE IS TO BLAME!" His eyes narrowed, "Mark my words Pierce... if you let him go right now...." He fell silent and closed his eyes, "Just... please.... don't let him go...." At this point, the Alakazam looked as if he was close to crying.

"Enough of this," Lady Tanda cried out. "Take this man in," she said, pointing at the Zoroark. "He tried to fight back, that has to count for something!"

"Ah... no, I'm afraid it does not," Pierce disagreed. Another lightning cracked in the sky, his teeth flashing white with the light. Then, another lightning occurred, closer in Skyhaven. A fierce wind blew and a flapping sound broke out in the Court of Winds. Everyone turned their heads towards the source... a book in the ground. A black notebook next to the stage, its pages flapping with the wind. The Hussars stepped over to lift it... "Don't touch that," Lord Januario snapped. Just then, the flapping sound became a whisper... a buzzing, distorted yet soft voice.

Ahh, what do we have here... a corrupt system and a victim deemed as the perpetrator, ready to be prosecuted. You have the wrong guy... as per usual. There was a laugh, a laugh that would sound charming in other circumstances. The silence hung heavy in the Court of Winds after the laugh died down; the Hussars were on guard, looking away, searching for the one who spoke. But there was no one. Only that notebook.

The voice came again. Forgive my misguided friend Reginard over here. He would lead you to false conclusions... of course, that is all you need to function as Council, false conclusions. You would take innocent men into prison in my name, blaming them for MY actions... why should they take the credit? What a hideous system you have. I intend to change it. Forever. Mark my words. And I am starting now. I will prove the innocence of Toa. Look to the south, my lords. And do send your Hussars. I will carve my seal upon their bodies. Au revoir.

"The docks," Lord Archelon said weakly. Some Winged Hussars took flight, but just then, explosions lit up the sky. One, two, three massive flares from the docks of Skyhaven. The sound arrived half a second late, making everyone cover their ears. Everyone's faces were painted red as they looked at the fire that licked the clouds. Dark smoke rose right after to cover that area; the Hussars had already left. They were brave and bold and strong, for sure... but who knew what Zeal was.

"Dammit," Lord Zygon cussed, staring at the sight as it died down. The notebook had stopped flapping and closed shut by itself. On the front cover was carved a word with red ink: Zeal.

"Well, then," Pierce broke the silence. "I don't think putting in jail somebody right now, while Zeal is on the other side of the city doing his business, is wise, my lady."

Lady Tanda spared Toa a glance. "Get out of my sight."

Toa grabbed Pierce's hand and kissed it. "Thank you, oh thank you," he said between sobs, but Pierce shook him off with a disgusted expression.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Reginard Asphos​

Reginard stared. He stared as the voice spoke out. He stared as the flying types went off. He just stared. For a second a few tears leaked out of his eyes. They moved down his cheeks and onto the ground beneath him. The second the first tear hit the ground the very very fragile strings that had held his mind together, that had kept him sane to his point, instantly snapped.

His eyes widened and then he began to chuckle softly. "S-So... you want to lie to me....?" He chuckled a bit more, "Y-you set this up... misdirection... confusion..." He whispered softly. Slowly his head looked up and the look of insanity in his eyes. "Everyone around me lies..." His eyes began to glow a deep hue of blue as he gathered up his psychic energy. "Everyone around me... leading me on a goose chase...." He closed his eyes and a few more tears leaked out. "NO MORE!" With that shout massive waves of psychic energy shout out form his body in all directions. Although Toa was safe due to his type anyone not having darkness to aid them would either be shot out or sent tumbling back.

In a split second Reginard moved his hands as various planks and boards from the stage were snapped off, their sharp ends aimed right at the Zoroark. One by one he shot them all at the beast. More and more ripped off to be stabbed deep into the dark type's body as more tears streamed down Reginard's face. "I WILL NOT LIE DOWN! NO LONGER!" He screamed out.

As he shot out the boards he could hear the cries around. He could FEEL the beings keying in on him and he closed his eyes. Just as the Hussars got close to him there was a flash of light as he ported away. People ran through the streets at the sight of what was happening as he ported onto the ground. The Hussars had been briefly caught off guard, but Reginard did not care. They had protected that beast, they would die. His psychic power surged and he grabbed a wodden beam that was next to a carpenter's shop and smacked it into a Archeops and heard the noise of its skull breaking. Two Sigilyphs shout out Psybeams at him, and Reginard took them, but that just fueled his rage even more.

He screamed out and as Psychics were shot out at them in turn. He quicky teleported again and shot out yet more Psychic bursts at the two, even gripping on Sigilyph and repeatedly slamming it against the ground until finally its body broke open. The other Sigilyph laid on the floor, barely alive as Reginard tossed the other away. That beam he had now levitated before the Sigilyph and shot forward, creating a large hole through its chest and finally distinguishing its life.

Reginard panted a bit and fell to his knees, gasping and sweating profusely. He closed his eyes as more tears fell onto the ground. It was now that he knew... he could trust no one. Even friends would turn against him. He wiped at his eyes and gripped his staff, slowly getting back off of the ground. He could trust no one...

The Alakazam quickly embraced that thought and giggled a bit crazily to himself. Yes... there were no such things as friends. He began to slowly make his way along. So many pokemon had run past that this place was deserted now. He would... he would do this alone. He was a fool to place his trust in others, even Durand had some motive for him. He truly couldn't trust anyone now. And so... he walked along, away from the terror happening near the docks, away from those that would only lie.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
502MS.png
Vincent 'Vince' The Wanderer – Court of Winds

Vincent had noticed something odd was happening as the fireworks was shot into the sky and a feeling of dread came over him as the fireworks spelled out 'Zeal' across the sky. The next moment, a large figure seemingly appeared out of nowhere… or maybe it had always been there, but nobody had noticed, on top of one of the flagpoles. Vincent's eyes had widened when he had noticed who the figure belonged to, his grip on the jug in his hand only tightening. Guardian…

He had stayed in his spot in the alleyway as the crowd of Pokémon either fled the scene, or were chased off by the hussars. On the outside, he'd seemed completely calm, keeping a hold of the jug and resting one hand on the hilt of his sword, but on the inside, he was confused, angry, worried and curious. His master had taught him better than to react to such emotions in times of turbulence, so he sat quietly and watched the scene unfold. Eventually, Reginard contacted him, as well as the other heroes, regarding being on the trail of Zeal and having buried Guardian. Good. At least that's sorted out by someone close to him. I have to go pay my respects once this is all over with. But I'm afraid it's only just started.

Not long after, Reginard appeared in the middle of the scene. Vincent was at the edge of the square, but due to it being so empty and the Pokémon there being so loud, he could easily hear every single word said. He slowly raised the jug to take a swig of it while listening in on the conversation. What really caught his eye about this entire scene was that Toa was acting… like someone who wasn't quite Toa. His ears twitched as he lowered the jug, tying it into his sash at his hip, freezing in place as the thunder got worse and Zeal's voice rose above the square.

So it wasn't Toa after all. But who is he, then? He seems to know Reginard from what I can gather… looks like we'll have our hands full during our stay here. His eyes moved to Toa as the Zoroark was released and Vincent slipped from the crate he was sitting on. Despite what was going on, Zeal attacking the docks or some such, Vincent felt that he might get something from Toa. Hopefully, at least. Watching as the Pokémon dashed off towards one of the many ways out of the square, Vincent darted down one of the many, narrow passageways moving criss-cross through the city in an attempt at cutting off the dark-type.

Toa raised his eyes to stare him down intently with a mixed expression. "You're in my way."

Vincent returned the stare, folding his arms across his chest. "And if I weren't, we would probably never see you again, Toa. What happened? Where did you go?"

The Zoroark stilled himself, blinking quickly. "That's... that's of my concern alone..."

"You think so? Because you were just accused of being Zeal. No, I don't think you -are- Zeal, but there is still something. For one, why did you end up here, in Skyhaven, being part of a play? The Toa I know would not lower himself to that level. Least of all to the level of sobbing for help from Pierce." Vincent challenged directly, raising his brows questioningly.

"I..." Toa started, looking unsure. Then, he fell down on his four feet. It had started raining, raindrops ticking on the street. "I don't know. It's, what's the word, weird. Heheh." He chuckled, smiling at Vincent. Their eyes were at the same level now that he'd gotten on his four feet. Toa's red ones had a strange glow to them.

Vincent ignored the rain, the drops falling down around the two of them, the clouds above coating the city in a blanket of darkness. "It's... weird? What do you mean?"

"Weird, yeah. Nonsense. None of it makes sense to me either." Suddenly he grabbed Vincent's shoulders, his eyes wide open. He force-turned the Dewott's head towards the stage. "You see... you see the Council?" he whispered.

The Lords and Ladies of the Council made small talk, the Winged Hussars still on guard. Somebody had picked up the notebook from the ground. Toa pointed a claw to one of the lords... to Lord Januario. "He says he is going to kill them all." He chuckled again. "You... you've no idea what..." he started coughing.

Not having made a defensive move as Toa grabbed him, Vincent simply looked at the stage through the drops of rain trickling down around them and as Toa began coughing again, Vincent turned around, looking less confrontational and more... worried. He raised a hand, placing it on Toa's shoulder. "Toa... look at me. Look me in the eye for a moment."

Toa looked him in the eye.

Vincent kept the hand on his shoulder, staring into his eyes, his brows furrowed. As he did this, several questions ran through his mind, questions he wanted answers for, worry for his friends, confusion of what it could possibly be that Zeal wanted... and what Toa's role in all of this was. Eventually, he sighed quietly, lowering the hand from his shoulder.

"Toa, tell me. Were you forced to work with Zeal?"

"Z-Zeal? No... I don't know... I think I am Zeal," his voice trembled and he started coughing again, so violently now that he had to let go of Vincent.

Vincent blinked in surprise as Toa began coughing violently, looking alot more concerned now. "Toa? Are you okay?"

"Yes," he replied. He pointed a claw again, towards the lords, the general location of the Trade Prince. "He's helping me."

Looking over his shoulder at the group again, Vincent's brows raised up before turning back to Toa, leaning down to his hunched-over figure. "He's helping you? Is there anything else you can tell me? Toa, Guardian died. Alot more are going to die, but you can help put a stop to it."

"I can?" Toa pointed at himself. Then he started laughing. A laugh which ended in a fit of him coughing. "No, no. You can't stop him. I tried. I tried to be... him."

"You tried... to be him? What do you mean?"

"He's, he's too smart... I thought I was smart, heheh... he broke me. S-something... don't get in his way..." he suddenly got up, his ears perking up as if he had heard something. "I have to go. Farewell." He leaped on a roof with the speed on a demon, then leaped again on another, until he disappeared from sight.

Vincent watched as Toa darted off into the night, leaving him standing alone in the rainy night, Vincent's many questions only being answered with more questions. He turned, looking over at the group of lords, thoughtful for a few moments, contemplating his next move. He took a deep breath of air before starting to walk, deciding to group up with Reginard and Tsulong, if anything else. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better…

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Pierce

The ghost had grabbed Januario to hide him in the shadows when Reginard flipped out. He did nothing to help Toa, who was hit by the splinters of wood. The Pikachu turned to look at Pierce's ghastly face. His face was absolutely blank, his mouth entirely closed.

"Care to explain what just happened? Why would you give two flying Miltanks if the Duke was framed or not? You were gonna need Reginard," Januario complained. After Reginard had ported out, Pierce and Januario stepped out the shadows. Pierce caught Toa's eyes briefly. Get out of here, he thought with the slightest hint of aggravation in his mental voice. Toa didn't need to be told a second time. He turned and ran off the square, to be blocked by Vincent. Pierce watched them conversing sullenly, doing nothing but contemplate. Toa pointed towards them a couple of times.

"Toa is... valuable," Pierce said after a while, watching the Zoroark leap from roof to roof. "I cannot have him jailed, whether he killed Guardian or not. Though it is quite puzzling..." Why did Toa kill Guardian? He wondered. I will have to pry some answers.

"Hopefully, Reginard's pain will be assuaged when the real Zeal is caught."

You would think so, yes. "Insanity differs from pain."

"Whatever. This big fiasco taught us something. Zeal doesn't like the Council."

"I don't like it either," the Gengar agreed. Januario laughed.

"Can't blame him, eh? I'd rather I was the only Lord left. You think Zeal has a plot for that?"

Pierce rubbed his chin, frowning. "Surely, he must have some sort of plan. His movement cannot be as random as he'd like us to think." He took out a piece of paper from his suitcase and put it against the stage's little column, sitting down while doing so. He placed his inkpot next to him, dipped his quill in it and started drawing. First, he drew a circle in the middle.

"Let's say the murders all have a significance in a grander plan. By that logic, they revolve around something." He drew a rectangular shape inside the circle. "The Sky Plate. First, the Ambassador Franklin." He drew a fat circle outside the center. That was the Ambassador. "After talking with him, I could clearly tell he was keen on giving the Plate to the King. Zeal removed him from the play. Then comes Guardian..." he scribbled the letter G on another corner of the paper. "Why do you think Guardian died?"

The Trade Prince rubbed his entire neck thoughtfully. "He refused to yield important information. Guardian is with you heroes, surely he would know stuff about the Sky Plate other people do not."

"Not quite, this wasn't about the Sky Plate," Pierce said darkly. He drew another rectangular object, outside the circle in the center of the paper. "Last I heard, Guardian was carrying the Grass Plate, so Zeal demanded to know where it was, when he realized Guardian was not carrying it with him. From this, we safely deduce that Zeal is a Plate hunter, despite what he says about the Council."

"Amazing, you clever bastard. But how did Zeal know of Guardian and the Grass Plate?"

Pierce shrugged. "People talk, I imagine."

"... and if Zeal killed the first Ambassador, he'll kill the second one as well... he'll cause a full scale war for the damn Plate. He's stuck up, isn't he? Thinking he owns the place."

Not yet, Pierce thought, then put his paper, ink and quill back into his suitcase. "Pardon me, for a second." He flew past Ser Tevalis, who was holding Zeal's notebook in hand, examining it. On his shoulder was sitting the Gothitelle doll.

Pierce went over to Tsulong, who had joined Vincent. "That went badly. I'll see if I can contact Reginard or Toa and try to understand what is wrong with them," he assured them, then smiled faintly. It was a tricky, cunning smile. "Brace yourselves for a trip to the Pinnacle."

Then, he suddenly turned to the Council of Lords. "My lords," he shouted. "Hold up. These men have a request to make. They wish to enter the Pinnacle and retrieve the Sky Plate."

Last edited:
Years
Gaius, Tsulong and Vincent

Tsulong couldn't believe it. That vision Reginard had showed, that giant Pokemon hanging from the pole... Reginard had buried him. It was obvious who he was. The three words carved onto the Golurk's chest made him distinguishable from a distance. It was Guardian, and he was dead. What kind of Pokemon can kill a Golurk? Tsulong wondered, then looked at Toa. Reginard had already snapped and ported away. The Blackhearted Duke is of the Dark Mastery... Golurks are weak to such attacks. Now, it does make sense. As Toa rushed past him, he glared at him.

"I know you did it," he snarled at him, but the Zoroark ignored him. Why Toa would do that, it eluded him, and that was the only reason he had not joined Reginard in his rampage. But Elder Durand had taught him to face things with reason, rather than might. He had to be rational now. Blinking his fury away, his eyes fell on the Lucario that was released, proven to be innocent. Gaius.

"Gaius," Tsulong said the name out loud, pacing over him. "You are a hero, like us, aren't you?" The Lucario had been standing off to the side, somewhat shell-shocked as he tried to figure out exactly what had just happened and process the foreign memories shoved into his brain but his attention snapped onto the Arcanine as he was addressed. "Yes, I am. What of it?" he said guardedly, raising one brow in curiosity at how the canine pokemon actually knew that.

"You want to join our cause, then," Tsulong said. "I am Ser Tsulong, the Exemplar of Fire, of Area 52, a hero just like you." He glanced behind him, where Vincent had stopped Toa. His eyes flared in anger, and he suppressed the urge to go over there and set Toa on fire. "And that is Vincent the Wanderer... I don't know where exactly he comes from. Nobody does," he chuckled, somewhat bitterly as he turned back to the Lucario, fighting with himself to forge a friendly smile on his snout.

"There are others, like us. We will see the Plates united again, and the Seal broken." He made sure to lower his voice, as not to be heard by anyone. Such quest had better stay between them.

Gaius had been trying to place the Arcanine to a half formed memory since he had approached, but the name sealed it. Durand had told him of other Heros when he had asked Gaius to come here; evidently these were the ones he had been supposed to help when they arrived, as badly as that had gone so far. "I would be honoured." he replied simply, striding towards Tsulong and supressing the instinct to raise a paw to shake in greeting. "I'm not here by chance; I found my own way to Area 52 not too long ago and was asked to come here and wait for your coming, though the inside of a prison cell has given me little information to give you." He finished with a snort and a thin smile, eyes leaving the Arcanine for a moment to look at the sword-wielding pokemon that Tsulong had identified as Vincent.

"Interesting, how you were framed... I think you'll be of great help. But we are not trying to get to the bottom of this Zeal business. We're only here for the Sky Plate."

"We cannot just ignore it either, Tsulong. Even if Toa isn't Zeal, it still seems he has some kind of connection to some of us, mainly Reginard. We're very deep in this already, and I have a feeling that if we try to get out, Zeal will drag us back in." Vincent commented as he had finished up his interrogation of Toa and joined Tsulong and the Lucario named Gaius, as far as Vincent could remember. His left hand was still on the hilt of the sleek, featureless, black sword tucked into the sash around his waist, his right by his side. He came to a stop in front of the two, giving his head a small, respectful bow towards Gaius, his expression a rather serious, unflinching one currently. "It's good to see you weren't wrongfully executed, Gaius, and it's a pleasure meeting you, although other circumstances would've been preferred. My name is Vincent."

Gaius returned Vincent's nod as he approached, eyes unconciously flickering down to the sword carried by the Dewott for a second. "I can't deny that i'd like to get a piece of the one whose crimes I was nearly killed for." he said darkly, mind drifting back to the scene he had stumbled upon several days past, "I saw what he did at the embassy, what he left behind.-" he gulped down a sudden twinge of nausea as he remembered how the ambassadors remains had been spread across the wall. "- he isn't the sort of person that we should leave running freely around a city like this."

"I agree." Vincent replied, nodding and glancing over to Tsulong. "Even if Zeal would leave us alone and let us move on with the sky plate, we've seen what he can do. If he's allowed to reign free in the city... well, you can imagine what would happen."

"Reign? Is that what Zeal is about?" Tsulong wondered. "So far, I've only seen chaos."

"You know what I mean. If he's allowed unhindered access to the people without anyone trying to stop him."

Tsulong took his eyes from Vince and fixed them on the shadow. Pierce was coming over to their company, having a rather tricky, cunning smile. "That went badly. I'll see if I can contact Reginard or Toa and try to understand what is wrong with them," he assured them. "Brace yourselves for a trip to the Pinnacle."

Then, he suddenly turned to the Council of Lords. "My lords," he shouted. "Hold up. These men have a request to make. They wish to enter the Pinnacle and retrieve the Sky Plate."

"Hey!" Tsulong said in a hushed voice. "I thought we could afford being more discreet about it."

"That's the best way to phrase it right now," Pierce snickered and walked to the stage.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Reginard Asphos​

Reginard walked along the street, shivering a bit and finally he had to sit down. He took in a few deep breaths and placed his stick down, his eyes quickly closing and he began to pull himself into his mind. He began to meditate and let a few Calm Minds ease the pain in his head. Yes, quite a lot of pain here, so much aching. Everything from losing a friend, to realizing those that traveled with him were not to be trusted. All of it hurt and he truly wanted to cry now, but he couldn't. He had to remain strong. He was alone now, so alone and he needed to be strong for himself.

He had been cut up a bit when the Hussars had come at him so he put a hand to his own chest and sighed as a Recover moved along his body, healing up his wounds and aches. He hung his head as he realized what he had done. Three innocent lives had been snuffed out for simply doing their job. They were far from being allied with Zeal... and he had killed them all. He gripped his head and let out a weak sob. What had he done? Why had he done so? Was it his anger? He had never been so angry before... he could still taste the emotion and shuddered at that. Why... why was he like this now?

He wiped his eyes a bit and then he paused. He heard... cries... Hussars. He glanced around quickly and realized that he had nowhere to hide. Two Archeops looked down upon. "You! Murderer! Either come quietly or-" The flyer didn't finish as Reginard grabbed a small pebbled and had it fly out at such a high speed that it easily pierced through the guard's eye and out of its skull. The other Archeop was quick to fly down and opened her mouth to send out a massive DragonBreath at the psychic.

Reginard cried out and staggered out, but gripped the bird's neck in his hand and made a fist. There was a loud snap and the Hussar fell to the ground with a thud. The Alakazam began to sweat for a bit and quickly made his way down the streets, gasping as he ran as fast as he could. Then he saw a beacon of salvation. In the chaos that had consumed the city there was a door hanging ajar leading into some sort of pottery shop. He went in and locked the door behind him. He moved past the rows of pots and jars and finally made it to the staff door, He burst it open and quickly went in.

He made it out the back door and kept on walking, doing his best to hide in the shadows and finally got made it to the slums. He hung his shoulders and made it into a vacated house… though calling it a house was generous. There were only three walls, a wooden door, no floor, and a wooden roof that had holes in it.

He sat down on the floor and then moved to lie there. He looked up at the ceiling and thought. The others… the others let Toa die. But yet… he had to think. He sat up and closed his eyes, meditating on what had specifically happened during that moment. Toa was there, he was guilty of course and Pierce was defending him. And… Tsulong, Tsulong was confused. He had seen the image and had asked him if it was real. He clung to those words. Tsulong was innocent. Someone who was missing was Vincent… but he was a wanderer. Whatever these others had planned, Vincent… would he be a part of it too?

He still had his trackers on the others so he quickly withdrew the one on Pierce and warily connected to Tsulong's mind. "Tsulong… I'm sorry. I… I have no idea what is happening to me. Don't tell Pierce anything! He has some plan going! He cannot be trusted! I shouldn't have to tell you twice not to trust Toa. I… I… broke…" The sound of soft crying could be heard over the connection, "Five are now dead… I'm so confused. Why am I so angry? Tsulong… I need to meet with you! I… I just can't deal with this. Vincent… is Vincent with Pierce as well? I'm not sure if I can trust him… but don't bring Pierce! He cannot know about this! Make an excuse and get over here! I think… I think I'm going to be sick… I… Just get here please!"

With that he stopped talking and the Arcanine would feel a very small part of his brain tingling, letting him know right where Reginard was.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
169.png
Vash the Bullet

Silence. There was a strict air of silence after the preceding fiasco. Vash looked down upon the court area where other Pokemon stood. What a bloody mess..., he thought shaking his head. Lightning went off a few times, illuminating the disastrous scene that had taken place. From his perch above the Court of Winds where he gazed upon the trial, the Crobat remained generally unfazed by the psychic waves of the outraged Alakazam. Visually sorting out the rest of the Pokemon below, mostly everyone seemed to be stable of mind. Except for maybe the Zoroark that had been struck by the psychic. Shifting his attention to the group that called themselves heroes, he noticed the words of the Gengar.

"My lords," The ghost shouted. "Hold up. These men have a request to make. They wish to enter the Pinnacle and retrieve the Sky Plate."

That immediately took hold of his interest. For them to attain the Sky Plate from the Pinnacle Vash's assistance would obviously be needed. Regardless the Lords and Ladies would most likely decide among themselves of weather or not to grant them such a bold request. Especially in the midst of the political controversy the Sky Plate is causing. Narrowing his eyes to the council below, the bat stood and continued to wait in silence. He preferred to watch things play out in such a manner.

Cassiopeia

Rain was falling heavily on Skyhaven, drenching her fur from head to toe. She would stink like a Skuntank afterwards, but she didn't care. She was only worried of her fur weighing her down, reducing her speed, but her body's fire would solve that problem. Fire-types hated rain, but she loved it. It was her favorite weather, and this her favorite season, the season of storms and rains; stormy weather was the best to board an enemy ship, put their crew to the sword and throw them off the plank. Sailors often panicked, pirates had fear for no clouds and a little bit of water...

A lightning cracked across the sky, forging a small grin upon her face. Cass would have sworn Inazuma was grinning too. Her sword loved lightning as well, she had decided. Inazuma was sheathed in the black leather scabbard, only a bit of it showing, enough to flash with the lightning. The sword was so long, its scabbard scraped the ground as she run, leaping from roof to roof.

As they were dragging Gaius, she had reached to brush his shoulder in an innocent act of bidding farewell. In truth, she plucked the key to her cell from one of her jailers. They had noticed a key was missing, after a while, but Cass was well away from the dungeons of Skyhaven. She wasn't escaping, she would demand a trial from the Council.

The Court of Winds wasn't far... the Winged Hussars noticed her approaching. She had leapt in the air, tumbling on the wet ground with ease; the Hussars quickly surrounded her, but they made no move toward her. With the edge of her sight, she recognized Gaius was with a few others. Look how quick he is at making friends. I'd love to have him as an audience.

She was facing the Council, strutting sensuously with one hand on her hip. She had a wicked expression that demanded their attention. "I, Scorpius, have come to the trial I was promised, but then denied," her voice sounded rather high. Another lightning cracked the sky, half her face becoming bright white for a brief moment.

"How dare you!" Lady Tanda screeched. The Gothitelle seemed furious to be defied in such way. "Guards! Seize her!"

"Halt," Lord Zygon commanded. Perhaps he felt her intense stare, because he returned it; the Escavalier's yellow eyes briefly crossed with the scabbard that was hanging from her waist. Do you like it?

"Why delay the trial further?" Lord Zygon said slowly, scrutinizing the Braixen with a slick grin that she returned. "I say we get on with it right now."

Her eyes fell onto Lord Archelon upon the stage, the massive Carracosta who looked sleepy but ready to talk. I used to hunt Carracostas with the Captain in the coasts of Argos, she remembered, paying the fat Lord a wicked grin, one of these buggers feeds the crew for days.

"Scorpius, you say?" Lord Archelon said feebly, with a trembling voice, worn with age. "Ah, the Scorpius I knew looked otherwise..." he laughed quietly.

"Scorpius, the pirate?" Lord Januario spoke, cocking an eyebrow at the Braixen. That man always got in her nerves, even though he was as much a pirate on the land as she on the seas. "Hah! That's a good one. You're not a third of his size, my lady. Grace us with your real name, so we that we may proceed and call it a day before our japes about getting hit by lightning come true."

"Scorpius," she snapped. "My name is Scorpius. And don't call me a lady, cheese lord. There's more man in me than all of you combined."

The Council should have taken that as an insult, but instead they started laughing. Everyone, except a ghost, behind Lord Januario... a Gengar, who was simply smiling at her, as if to encourage her. At first, she was growling, feeling her fury rise, but the ghost's look unsettled her. He didn't know of him, but there he stood, among the Lords and Ladies of the Council. What's this? A highborn ghost or somethin'?

"I'm keen to see why you are so eager to be tried, girl," Lady Lyra said; the Luxray always seemed to have an air of friendliness around her, and her smile was soothing, but Cass knew better than to trust such looks. Her insides were probably poison.

At this Vash decended from his perch to the soaking stone below, the wind from his silent glide breezing faintly over the onlooking Pokemon. He took this moment to make both an introduction and a decleration. "I am Vash the Bullet, and Caretaker of the SkyHaven Pinnacle as most of you know." Peering past the Hussars and too the Braixen they surrounded he pointed a large wing to the fire type. "The woman that insists on being tried was apprehended by myself for attempting to steal the Sky Plate directly from the Pinnacle." Murmurs then ensued between the listening Pokemon. "Yes, I agree, a foolish and selfish act. Lords and Ladies, for all intents and purposes I intend to also have a hand at this imp's judgement." The Crobat then rose to a lifted stone above the others roosting through the ongoing downpour.

"Another thief?" Lady Lyra laughed. "We'll be over in a minute."

"Indeed," Lord Januario agreed, facing the Braixen. "Scorpius... if that's your real name. Do you deny Vash's statement, that you tried to steal into the Pinnacle, knowing that the First Law of Skyhaven prohibits that?"

Vash, the Bullet... or the Caretaker, Scorpius mused, looking up at the Crobat. He looked like a gargoyle, a proper guardian. He'd done his job better than she'd expected, even if she didn't like to admit. However, she didn't care about him. "No. I deny his claims. I never tried to steal. I declare your Caretaker a liar and demand trial by combat," she yelled. More murmurs from the Council and the Hussars. Her eyes brushed beside them with satisfaction, feeling their uncertainty from a distance. She met the gaze of the ghost, the Gengar, who nodded ominously. The same Gengar flew off from the stage, headed for where Vash was sitting.

"I suggest you grant her that," Pierce whispered to the Crobat, "name Lord Zygon your champion... he can't refuse a challenge," he snickered quietly, turning his toothy, wide smile to the Braixen.

Vash tilted his head slightly unsure. "Are you sure Zygon would be the right choice?" Scrutinizing both the Braixen and the Escavalier. The former was obviously up to something. Declaring trial by combat against a lord?! He hadn't witnessed such blind bravery in a while. Either bravery or stupidity. The latter he wasn't particularly fond of. Seeing into his doubts, Pierce urged the proposition again. Taking in a deep breathe he nodded to Pierce and gazed upon the court once again. "You challenge me to a duel while denying your charges? Perhaps combat for such impudence would be a fitting punishment." He raised a wing and gestured to Lord Zygon. "However, I believe a more fitting opponent would be Lord Zygon." Vash then addressed the Escavalier directly. "Would you do the honor of silencing this theif?"

The Escavalier floated off the stage, into the rain in front of the Braixen. The Winged Hussars backed off, giving them space. "I would," he stated, facing Scorpius. She briefly glanced up to Vash to give him a mocking smile.

Cassiopeia grinned at Lord Zygon, unsheathing Inuzama with a steel sound that ringed all across the Court of Winds.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Cassiopeia

Inazuma was a long, thin sword made of stained tristanite, a masterpiece of blacksmithing art with a vicious edge that cut clean close to anything when it was sharpened properly. Close to its black hilt, the word had been carved, Inazuma, when the sword was forged. The extent of the sword shone dully in the rain as it always did - no matter how much she polished it, the sword seemed to look the same as a stormy sky. Cassiopeia brought it close to her snout to kiss it, her grin directed to Lord Zygon, thirty feet away or so from her. She had never faced an Escavalier before, but she had cut down bigger Pokemon.

"Lord Arceus," Lady Tanda's shrill voice sounded through the rain, "look down to the earth and bear witness to this trial, find the truth in this... female's soul, grant her life and freedom if she bode ill upon our Plate, grant her death if she is guilty of such."

Lord Arceus? Cass sneered. There's only one lord I know of, and that's the Lord of the Twelve Seas. Kyogre. She gripped the black hilt of her sword tighter, feeling the rain falling on her face. She welcomed that feel. The pirates said the rain was Kyogre's herald... they thought of storms as the coming of their Lord. Wherever it was raining, Lord Kyogre was near. Cass was beyond these superstitions, of course, but having spent so much time with pirates who danced on the deck of their ship during a storm, she couldn't help but feel at home.

"Fight," someone said.

A long serpent of flames circling around her, growing bolder when she charged, leaving a trail of embers behind her. The fire was heating her fur, vaporizing the water in it and all around her. She was faster with fire all about her, but the best part was that the serpent of flames climbed to Inazuma. It was only fitting for the self proclaimed best swordsman in the realm to wield a flaming sword.

Lord Zygon seemed not fazed by her advance. He knew what he was up against. As she brought Inazuma upon him in a reckless hit, the Escavalier parried deftly with one of his jousting lances, extending the other one in a slash through the fiery serpent that had gotten dangerously close. Cass's feet left the ground, pouncing on him, but he quickly sidestepped, dodging her roaring flames and slashing once again. The tip of his lance cut a tuft of fur from her shoulder, causing her to scream in anger rather than pain. She and the fiery serpent around her changed direction, charging at Lord Zygon again, this time with increased speed. From the flames came her sword, whirling down and striking the Escavalier's armored head, the flames licking the steel. He roared in pain, but as retaliation, he swung his lance as she was close, grazing her waist.

Cass took a step back, feeling the blood of her wound quickly dry up from the flames; she braced herself as Lord Zygon was the one who charged at her this time. He went launching a flurry of attacks with both his lances and
The long, vertical gash on the Escavalier's head seemed to have sent him on a mad fury, which was showing in his yellow eyes. Cass found herself taking several steps backwards, parrying with the speed and skill a master swordsman should display.

The sounds ringing of the clashing steel had filled the Court of Winds. The flashing swords and lances were sometimes accompanied with lightnings that crossed the skies. Someone was cheering for Lord Zygon. None was cheering for her. She was grinning, though, seeing the raindrops on Lord Zygon's lances melt with her fire, which was renewed with every breath she took. It didn't take her long to realize that Zygon was indeed powerful, when it came to hack and slash. If Inazuma was a common sword made of steel, it would surely have broken by the strong blows of the tough lances.

Skill wise, she was several steps above a frienzied, lance-wielding Escavalier, and she was going to prove it. Her parries resumed in a constant pace, until she suddenly took a step to the side, nimbly stepping past the incoming lance, her fire rushing to meet the Escavalier full in the face while her sword slashed horizontally, sinking into the steel of his shoulderpad. She felt his steel melt on the tip of her blade as she quickly drew it and swung it to meet his own slash in a parry. Just then, a blue flash of energy blinded her for a second, then she felt something tough hit her in the face and chest with such power that she was sent flying back, rolling onto the wet ground.

Cass' fire had gone out, leaving the square darker. She grunted in confusion and dizziness. "I hope I'm in hell," she muttered, flexing her right paw. "I was promised a special place there." The sword had left her hand the moment of impact with that move the Escavalier had used. Reversal, it could have been. Opening her eyes, she glimpsed Lord Zygon was fifteen feet away, his lances scraping the ground as he floated towards her, looking fine but for the smoking, blackened armor. In the rain, he seemed like some big, dark menace. He was standing, she was not... she tried reaching for the hilt of her sword. She found it and leaned on it, getting up slowly. A lightning cracked the sky, making everything flash. Then another, as she pointed her sword at Lord Zygon.

Lord Zygon raised his head to the sky. "What's this," he muttered, noticing the clouds. The dark clouds were circling in the sky, right above the Court of Winds. The third lightning fell right on her sword, sending sparks flying everywhere; she was blinded for a moment, but she kept the sword extended, until the lightning disappeared. Inazuma was left electrified, sending lesser sparks of electricity to snap at the ground, causing steam to rise from the puddles. Lord Zygon was staring at the sword dully. The next moment, they clashed again, but this time her sword passed electricity to him through the lances. What started to be his attack ended up to be him trying to defend himself from the sword.

After a fit of furious attacks from Cass, he was left paralyzed, incapacitated. The Escavalier dropped on the ground, his steel armor overrun by sparks, the aftermath of hits. Cass stepped near him, ready to bring Inazuma right through the chest, but a voice stopped her.

"Enough," Lady Tanda said shrilly, "Enough is enough. Cast down your sword."

"I win this match," Cass stated. "Your cheese lord fought. Now he has to die."

"Killing a Lord is a crime punished by death," Lord Archelon's weak voice barely sounded through the rain.

"This is a trial," Cass reminded him. "Makes no matter who the champion is."

"I daresay that was rather amusing," Lady Lyra commented. The Luxray was looking at Inazuma with a look that Cass knew well, it was the look of greed, though well concealed. "Say you won the match, girl. But leave our Lord Zygon live."

Cass looked down upon him, drenched in defeat. It wasn't in her nature to give mercy, but she was no fool either. If the Council was true to their words, she could get herself in trouble for killing a Lord. Besides, it did not look like Lord Zygon would be capable of fighting any time soon. She had bested him fairly once already, she could do it again...

"As you wish," she said loudly, sheathing her sword. The sparks seemed to be absorbed by the black leather scabbard. "I spare this man."

"Make haste, Hussars, give Lord Zygon your aid," someone said darkly; she couldn't spot who said it, but she saw the Hussars rushing to pick up the damaged Escavalier. They carried him away, probably to his palace, to be mended.

"That settles it, then," the Trade Prince said dubiously. "You are hereby relieved of all charges."

"I told you I wasn't trying to steal," the Braixen said, "even your God agrees." She looked up to Vash's perch, having an accomplished, cocky grin on her face. Her lips formed tauntingly one word, liar.

And I am one step higher in the ladder of the best swordsmen in Altica. I'll change that word when I reach the top. I think I'll call myself a swordswoman.

Ser Tevalis

The Conkeldurr remained idle on stage next to his Lady Tanda. He was holding the Gothitelle that was stolen from him in one hand, having forgotten to give it to her, what with everything that was going on. On the other hand he was holding the notebook of Zeal; its pages were empty, but he was convinced they were hiding some sort of secret he would discover later.

He had many thoughts on the trials and their conclusions, but he was not allowed to speak of them.
This atrocious female had best stay out of Skyhaven, he thought, grimly staring at the slender Braixen who was freed from charges. She had fought with ferocity that made him think she was made for wielding a sword. He never liked swords, but it seemed as if that sword was part of her arm, attached firmly onto her. A deadly extension of her harmless hand. When you looked at a sword like that, it seemed more useful. But in the end, she had not fought with honor. The lightning that had struck her sword was a strike of luck, as it empowered it in such way that she defeated Lord Zygon. The duel beyond that was not fair.

After Scorpius had brushed past the Hussars, the Trade Prince cleared his throat. Ser Tevalis found the sight of the Trade Prince amusing; the Pikachu's yellow fur was fully drenched and sagging around him in long tufts. "Where were we, then? Oh! These fellows were asking to go up the Pinnacle." He gestured towards the Arcanine and the others.

"Absolutely not," Lady Tanda said, "I will have no one enter the Pinnacle at this time--"

A loud, distorted voice interrupted, a cold, gel hand placed on the Conkeldurr's shoulder, making him jerk around. "Nice doll," the Reuniclus rudely said, looking down in Ser Tevalis's hands, "how much for it?"

Ser Tevalis stared at the bodyguard, noticing him for the first time in the trial. Was he here before? Sigmund
Schrödinger had his way of coming and going silently. Ser Tevalis disliked him greatly. Even though he was professional, his disruptive attitude seemed to clash with everything important. Like now. What was he thinking, interrupting the Council for a doll?!

"I'm not giving this doll away," Ser Tevalis told him coldly, clutching the doll all the harder, lest the Januario's bodyguard decide to pluck it out anyway. Then, the Conkeldurr turned to Lady Tanda, remembering. "I just remembered, my lady, I had bought this doll as a gift for you, but it was stolen from me before I could..."

"How sweet of you," the Gothitelle said, looking at the doll he was holding, a perfect replica of a Gothitelle. She reached her arm for it and took it from him, to hold it on her chest.

"Lords and Ladies," the ghost behind the Trade Prince shouted, drawing everyone's attention. The one who gave me the doll, Ser Tevalis thought, I should suspect you. The Gengar's look brushed past him, and he thought he saw him flash a cunning smile at him. "Given that everyone is divided on this matter, I propose you make your opinions officials with voting."

"Voting sounds neat," Lady Lyra agreed, sending a warm smile to the Trade Prince. These two stand together, Ser Tevalis reflected.

"I vote for allowing these heroes to reach up to the Pinnacle," the Trade Prince said.

"I support that notion with my vote," Lady Lyra confirmed.

"My lord, my lady, that is folly..." Lord Archelon started saying, watching them with a tired look on his face. "Th-that goes against our laws, the First Law, even... no one is to enter the Pinnacle..."

"At times like these, it's best we step on some old laws," the Gengar said. Ser Tevalis was enraged. This Pierce had not been brought to the Council for more than three days, yet he dare make propositions and statements as if he was one of them lords. He wanted to crush him for his nerve of defying the proper authority, that was Lady Tanda, but none made a move to even question Pierce. He is in league with the Trade Prince, that has to mean something.

"And what does the first Lady of Skyhaven vote for?" Pierce asked, rather pleasantly.

Lady Tanda did not speak. Everyone looked at her. She was staring off to somewhere past the Hussars with empty eyes, still clutching the Gothitelle doll close to her chest. Long moments passed without her moving. "My lady?" Ser Tevalis asked, laying a heavy hand on her slender shoulder. Just then, she collapsed on his arms. He bellowed.

"Is the Lady Tanda sick?" the Trade Prince asked. Ser Tevalis looked at her, touching her neck, looking for pulse. It was there, but it was week.

"Best take her to her chambers," the shadow behind him said. He jerked around to eye Pierce angrily, as if it was his doing his Lady had fainted. He scooped her up in his arms, picked up the doll she had dropped and left the square, some Winged Hussars following them to Lady Tanda's palace.

Pierce

Politics sure are ugly, the Gengar thought, watching Lady Tanda being carried away. That left Lord Januario, Lady Lyra and Lord Archelon upon the stage. "Lord Archelon," he said, without looking at him, "you seem to be the only one without having voted. But it makes little to no matter, as there are two votes in the heroes advance in the Pinnacle, regardless of any law. As such, I believe the Council decrees they are granted free entrance to the Pinnacle." Absolute perfection. He glanced at the other heroes, granting them one of the cunning grins that lit up his whole face ominously.

The Trade Prince threw him a rotten look as they got down from the stage. "Was this your doing?" he whispered, half shutting his eyes suspiciously; his wet fur fell in front of them, though... the sight was hilarious and the ghost found himself trying not to laugh.

"Don't look at me like that," he said cheerfully, "in this game, you have to break rules to win. Now, I think I deserve
the night off." He went to the other heroes, leaving the Trade Prince and Sigmund behind him.

"Hello," he greeted them, nodding at Gaius as a way of acknowledging him. "How about a drink, everyone? I don't think anyone is in a hiking mood after all this."

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Roscoe the Leech
Skyhaven

~~~~~

Well, it was a great show. Sure, Roscoe decided to find a rooftop in order to avoid the press of the audience in the court, but it was worth it, as was the meat pie and jug of water Roscoe had bought. He had taken the time to strap his new belt on, fitting his scythehook into one of the loops where he could pull it out easily. After a moment of consideration, Roscoe also strapped on the sheath of the dirk Liliya had given him. As he thought about it, it seemed that the Weavile had not been acting naturally.

Those thoughts fled, however, as the reenactment of the Seal began. It really was great. Until it turned sour. The fireworks read 'Zeal', which wasn't expected according to the audience's reaction. Roscoe came to his feet when it became apparent that the Golurk hanging from the flag-pole was Guardian. What? How'd that happen? Not just anyone could string up a Golurk like that! In the ensuing chaos, Roscoe left the half-empty jug behind as he quietly moved across several rooftops, until he was close enough to the stage to hear the proceedings that took place.

In the end, Roscoe never left the rooftop to join the others in the court. As the trials were wrapped up and Pierce suggested those he stood with leave for a drink, Roscoe rubbed his head. "...Wow. Just, wow." His head ached a bit for some reason, and there was a lot to take in right now. "Need t' eat some more."

Without saying anything to anyone else, or even letting them know he'd been around, Roscoe left. Not long after, he found a place that served food, a tavern more sophisticated than most. There weren't all that many customers inside; those that stuck around were talking animatedly among themselves. They left the Sceptile alone as he walked up to the counter, which was fine with him. "What'll it be?" the bartender, a Croagunk, asked as he set down an empty mug he'd been wiping clean with a cloth.

"Surprise me," Roscoe answered, sitting on one of the barstools. "Somethin' to fill me, an' water."

The Croagunk nodded and set his mug down, surprising Roscoe when he transformed into a Ninjask that quickly flitted into the back to relay the order. Must be a Ditto, he thought, rubbing his eyes for a moment.

"Headache bothering you?"

On reflex, Roscoe's claw shot out and grabbed the shoulder of the Gardevoir that had appeared in the next seat over. "What're you doin' here, 'Manly'?" Roscoe asked quietly, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Manley rolled his eyes and tried to push the Sceptile's claw away. "I just wanted to check up on my contractor, is all. Make sure you accepted, and all."

Roscoe shook his head and let go, turning in his seat to fully face the Gardevoir. "And what makes you think I'd ever accepted, hm? I told you no the last time we talked. I have other things t' do." Their conversation was quiet enough, but the warning tone in Roscoe's voice should have told off Manley.

"Do you?" Manley glanced around the room with eyebrows raised. "Like wandering around town or eating in a fine place like this? Commoners don't exactly have the money to eat here, which emphasizes that you accepted. Speaking of which." He held up a pouch for a moment before dropping it on the counter between them. "Compensation for your purchase earlier today. You don't need to worry, sir, I'll let you know at the appropriate time. Cheerio."

Before Roscoe could restrain him, the Gardevoir blinked out of sight. He cussed under his breath, turning his attention to the pouch. He'd heard coins rubbing against each other. Suspecting what he'd find, Roscoe slowly pulled it open. Too many to count at the moment, but he was sure that if he did, he'd find sixty-three of the silver berries.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
502MS.png
Vincent 'Vince' The Wanderer – Skyhaven

As the woman, apparently named Scorpius arrived at the sene, Vincent's ears gave a twitch. He didn't know why, but something about her seemed… off. Much more off than anything else that had happened this night. She was too confident, playful and mocking… and it seemed like the council was playing right into her hand, whatever she might have planned.

As he watched the duel, he felt something akin to a shiver moving through his spine. Aside from watching a pair of talented swords'men' dueling, he felt something else. His hand gripped tightly around the handle of his sword, feeling himself drawing it ever so slightly out of its sheath before sliding it back in place. He glanced down at the black, wooden sheath in confusion for a few moments before looking up again, his brows raising as the lightning struck the woman's sword, which seemingly didn't do anything to hurt her. … That was… lucky.

He kept watching until the very end of the duel where Scorpius was let off the hook for her supposed crime, Vincent glancing briefly up at Vash before looking back at the Braixen as she sauntered off. Something tells me we're going to be seeing her again. I can usually smell trouble brewing and she reeks of it.

Shaking his head, Vincent turned back to the group, Pierce now getting the council to vote for them to head to the pinnacle. It didn't take long for the council to make a decision although one lord was incapacitated and a lady seemingly fell over due to… something. Vincent gave Pierce a small, sideways glance, letting out a "Hm." While keeping his expression as emotionlessly neutral as possible. He knew Pierce had something to do with the council voting in favor for them to head to the pinnacle, but it wasn't exactly smart to speak out against him.

Vincent took a moment to shut his eyes and take a deep breath, folding his arms across his chest. For just a brief moment, all he heard and felt were the drops of rain gently drizzling down over his fur. It was a calming, soothing sensation that he loved, had always loved, ever since he was little. He would go outside and sit in the rain for hours, simply enjoying the drizzling and coolness of it all. For just a moment, all of the latest events, the duel, the voting, Toa… Guardian, it was all gone, blanked from his mind. As the moment was over, he opened his eyes again, letting out his breath, shaking his head slightly. It was a form of calming meditation his master had taught him, and it had saved him from losing it more than once.

Just then, Pierce came along and cheerfully invited them for a drink. Vincent glanced around at the others gathered, Tsulong and Gaius, and gave a little shrug. "I suppose now isn't really a time to leave, considering all that's happened. Plus, it's late. So yeah, let's go have a bit of a rest." He paused before breaking into a smirk up at the Gengar. "Although since you offered, I'm assuming you're paying. Thank you, Pierce." With another smirk on his lips, Vincent followed along with the group through the cold, wet streets of Skyhaven, the entire town seeming rather… depressing after everything that had happened.

As they arrived at a tavern Pierce had picked out, the group went inside and shook majority of the water off of them in the area next to the door, which conveniently had had all of the nearby tables removed and had a large carpet-like cloth laid out to soak up the water. Vincent looked around before stepping over to the bar, quickly recognizing Roscoe. Thankful that Roscoe was at least alright, he smiled and climbed onto one of the seats, giving his shoulder a little pat.

"Hey Roscoe. Been a little while. Is everything okay?" A Machoke stepped up to Vincent behind the bar, wiping a glass clean in his hands before placing It down. "What can I get ya?" Vincent looked over to him. "I think I'd like a nice, big mug of ale. I'm in the mood for that." The Machoke nodded. "As y'wish." And turned around, turning into a Swoobat and flapping off into the kitchen. Vincent was left blinking a little after him before shaking his head, turning back to Roscoe with a bit more of a serious expression than a moment ago, his voice lowering. "… Did you hear what happened on the square, during the festival's ending show?"

Years
Gaius the Disciple

Alcohol wasn't something that he normally partook in, but after the week he had just had Gaius could use a drink so he followed alongside the group towards the ghost's choice of tavern. As he walked Gaius couldn't help but glance around him with an expression halfway between nervousness and curiosity, wondering how many of the pokemon he passed hadn't heard of the trial yet and still thought him a murderer. Self-consciously he reached back and flipped the hood of his cloak up and over his head, shrugging it shut so that his body couldn't be made out either.

It was an odd thing to think about and the Lucario was glad when he eventually found himself hanging up his cloak at the entrance to the bar and joining his new comrades at the bar, taking the seat to Vincent's side. As much as he had travelled about Gaius had never really indulged in alcohol before so he ordered the same drink as Vincent rather uncertainly, starting a bit at the barman transformed into a different pokemon without warning. As he waited for his drink Gaius closed his eyes lightly and leaned against the bar, pushing his senses out beyond his skull and "watching" the world slowly change from darkness into a rush of blue and emotion.

It wasn't necessary perhaps with allies around him like this, but considering that he had only just met them Gaius didn't quite trust them. Plus he found the act of slowly picking through the currents of aura and emotion surrounding him soothing, one of the few forms of meditation that he had ever gotten the hang of. Knowing where everything was helped set his mind at ease as well; by the time Gaius opened his eyes to the distraction of a tankard being placed down in-front of him Gaius had a rough idea where all the tavern's patrons were and which ones were particularly angry drunks that night.

Gaius choked a bit as he first tasted the drink, unprepared for the strong, bitter taste. Now that he thought about it he hadn't much liked the taste of alcohol last time he had drank it, though oddly he couldn't remember much else of that night. Pride metaphorically nudging him in the ribs he kept drinking – though with smaller sips – and turned his attention to the conversation taking place next to him.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ser Tsulong

"Tsulong… I'm sorry. I… I have no idea what is happening to me," a well known voice resonated in his mind. It was Reginard, and he sounded in distress... after what had happened, Tsulong was almost certain some corks were unscrewed in the Alakazam's brain. "Don't tell Pierce anything! He has some plan going! He cannot be trusted! I shouldn't have to tell you twice not to trust Toa. I… I… broke…" He was crying from the other line. I don't believe this, Tsulong thought, he should've been calmer. We're stronger together.

"Five are now dead… I'm so confused. Why am I so angry? Tsulong… I need to meet with you! I… I just can't deal with this. Vincent… is Vincent with Pierce as well? I'm not sure if I can trust him… but don't bring Pierce! He cannot know about this! Make an excuse and get over here! I think… I think I'm going to be sick… I… Just get here please!"

Tsulong felt the rain wash his fur as he stood there, not knowing what to do. He watched things unfold; apparently, this sword-wielding wench had challenged Lord Zygon into a duel. She was adept at fighting with a sword, but Tsulong was too absent minded to pay full attention to it. He was thinking of what he was going to say to Reginard, without hurting him.

"I can't leave right now, I am sorry. And I trust Pierce meant no one any harm... if he thinks Toa is innocent, I won't argue." Though I do think otherwise. He was startled when lightning hit the wench's sword. After that, Lord Zygon seemed unable to counter the paralyzing effects of the sparks and finally landed on the ground, defeated. He was taken by some Hussars to his palace... only then did the lords begin to vote for if they would allow the heroes entrance to the Pinnacle or not. Looking over the Council, Tsulong wondered who would win. It seemed to be Lady Lyra and Januario against Lord Archelon and Lady Tanda, but that wasn't the case. The Gothitelle had fainted, leaving the Council with three members.

Wow, he thought, what an unorthodox turn of events. He watched Pierce come to them, offering them a drink... "Gods be damned, I'll have two and three of those," he said. There was something he wanted to drink out of his system... sadness for the death of his comrade.

"Reginard," he spoke to the psychic link again, "the Hussars will be looking for you. Go hide somewhere... that vision you showed us was scary. Sounds like you pissed off Zeal, and it also sounds like he knows you personally. That means he can find you as well. Best approach this with caution, lest you wind up dead like Guardian..."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Elizabeth The Deceitful

"Aside from the storm this has truly been a lovely night," Elizabeth said with a small smile. "After all, it's not usual that one becomes a property owner without even paying a single coin..."

The Roserade's smile grew a bit, thinking back to the exchange she had made earlier in the evening. While she still had not brought herself to pry into the letter she had left for the trade prince, in her mind whatever was inside was most likely quite the fair exchange... And even if it was not, there was not a great deal she would be able to do about it now.

"Well then, let's see just what sort of ownership I have down at the docks," Elizabeth mused to herself, quickening her pace as she walked out in the stormy, dark night.

Midnight had arrived, but the downpour continued upon the empty streets of Skyhaven. Not a soul was to be seen... every Pokemon had taken shelter in their houses, whether from the rain or Zeal's destructive appetite. Save for the sound of the rain and the occasional thunder, the city was deathly quiet. Only some Hussars rushed past the crossroads of the main street, headed south in a hurry. Southern of the West Wind district, there were the docks, where the explosions had taken place. Three of them, they weren't wide in range as to consume the whole area, but it was enough firepower to cause concern.

The area close to the docks was overrun with Hussars. Archeops and Sigilyph flying everywhere, chirping and screeching at each other; further in the docks, there were three massive, blackened hulls, a tangle of broken masts that belonged to ships which had sunk, after burning from the flames of the explosion. The other ships in the bay had been moved aside, to prevent the fire from spreading. But those three ships... according to the papers of the estates, they belonged to Elizabeth.

The birds were flying about, trying to find a way that they could drag the broken, burnt ships out of the water. Other Hussars were just sitting on the edge of the docks... a lightning cracked on the sky. There was a slender figure above them, on a roof, standing still as a statue. Black hood, faintly glowing blue runes, cloak concealing everything.

"Well... This was most unexpected..." Elizabeth sighed, glancing down at the papers and then back at her ships in slight annoyance. "What in the world is going on here? I may be new in town, but I highly doubt that this is what one would consider normal..."

The Roserade stepped forward, eyeing the wreckage of her new ships. Another sigh escaped her lips, disappearing quickly into the stormy night. Another clap of lightning and thunder jarred the Pokemon from her thoughts. She gazed upward, her eyes fixating on a familiar figure.

"Well... we meet again," Elizabeth greeted. "Wish I could say I was doing well, but it's been a most disappointing night."

The black hood turned to her... he was leaning forward, just when another lightning halved the sky, illuminating the bottom half of his face. Pale, spiky fur, a small half-smile. The moment was gone, though, and darkness took his smile away. The heavy rain pelted his hood, his feet splashed as he approached her. "Hello, sweet cheeks. Have you perhaps caught sight of me in the past?" his voice was certainly changed from the last time, although it could just be the rain.

Elizabeth gave the hooded figure a curious glance. "...If this is an act or something of the like to pretend you don't know me after I did my job for you, it's not working well." She paused, pointing at the remains of her ships. "And here I was expecting to be rewarded well for my services. What happened?"

He stopped still like a statue again. "Services?" he whispered, barely heard. "If you would be so kind... remind me. I seem to forget." He was being serious.

"Remind you? You had me deliver the letter to the trade prince's place..." Elizabeth replied, her voice lowered a bit. The Roserade was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable at the moment, so she took a small step away from the hooded figure.

The hooded man started laughing. Somehow, it was a charming, gentle laughter that came easy to the ears. He put his hand on his chest, two black claws protruding from the sleeve of his cloak, in a mysterious gesture with no apparent meaning. "Did you chance to read the letter, lady?"

"I did not," Elizabeth replied honestly. "I didn't see where opening it up and prying into the contents were truly worth my time... That said, another inside the mansion did happen to see the contents... He seemed to act vastly different than he did prior to reading it."

He stood silent in the rain for a few moments.

"A job quite well done, if you permit the compliment. Excellently handled. I would most likely come off as... rather rude, shall I not reward you." Suddenly, a metallic sound cracked and from his right sleeve shot two long blades that were previously hidden. The menacing blades had runes on them, glowing dark blue, reflecting the stormy sky above.

"Don't fret," he chuckled heartily, as if they were friends, and the blades posed no threat. "I am not about to uproot a flower as beautiful as you." From the tip of one of his blades hung a small pouch. With a flick of his arm, he offered it to her, golden coins jingling inside.

Cautiously, Elizabeth reached forward and took hold of the pouch. Placing the coins inside one of the pouches on her belt, the Roserade glanced back up at the hooded figure. While she was curious about just how much was inside, she decided that she could count it out later.

"So... What exactly was inside the letter?" Elizabeth asked. "Seeing as how the delivery is done, I feel like I have some right to know."

The blades had disappeared within his sleeve. The hooded man was staring intently at her; another lightning cracked the sky, this time illuminating the dark under his hood further. Two large, cat-like eyes were fixed on her. Only, they weren't red as she remembered. They were sparkling green, like two pretty emeralds. "I have no idea either," he said softly. He was gone within a second.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Reginard Asphos​

Reginard heard Tsulong's reply, but could not believe what the fire dog had said. He was silent for a moment as the words registered in his head. He... he believed Pierce? But... but he had to have seen he was lying! Tsulong should have seen that snide smile, that cocky look in his eyes. It was all right there! That ghost had CUNNING in his name and he didn't see what he was doing!? For a brief second anger began to work inside Reginard's mind. Pure, blunt anger that Tsulong could feel rather well. The Alakazam was angry at Tsulong, but also a huge chunck of his anger was aimed at himself. How could he even think of trusting Tsulong at this stage!? He had been hanging around Pierce for too long and with him being absent at all of their meetings before hand that ghost could have been spreading any sort or rumor behind his back. Pierce had probably even told them all that he was a murderer or a compulsive liar and all with that smug smile on his face.

Just thinking about it caused him to grip his staff tightly, even more so when Tsulong actually feigned caring for him by telling him to hide from the Hussars and to be wary of Zeal as if he was some sort of idiot.

Good-bye Tsulong.

With that every single form of communication he had with the heroes was instantly severed. Every single one of them wouldn't be able to track him now, but he was certain that Tsulong was buying time so that Pierce could find him. Well, he would have to make sure that couldn't happen. He thought of another image in his mind and he ported away to another part in the slums. He began walking and as he walked he snatched a few clothes that were left abandoned. Sure they were wet, but they would work to keep him safe. He sorted through the clothes, throwing away after a bit of inspection and finally came upon a cloak with a hood attached. He dumped the rest of the clothing and placed it on, adjusting the hood a bit and adopting a hunch. If any Hussars passed by he would simply look like an elder man with a cane which would be quite natural to see in the slums.

He made sure to walk around a bit, turning corners here and there as he made some distance away from the slums and finally he made it to the markets. As could be expected, everything had been abandoned. Stores were closed, food had been left out, and packages had been dropped in the street. He grunted and made his way to a door, glancing about to see if any Hussars were around before placing his hand near the doorknob and letting out a weak psychic attack to break open the lock. He quickly hustled in and closed the door behind him.

He looked in the building and saw that it was some sort of shop for hats. Well, with the fallout going on he would be safe here for some time. As long as the owners didn't come back in the middle of the night then he was okay. He made his way to the back and into the staff room. There was only a table and a few chairs here so he sat against a corner and blocked the staff door with the table, if only to give him a warning of anyone trying to get in.

He narrowed his eyes in concentration as a Barrier appeared around him followed by a Light Screen. He looked about warily for any signs of Zeal. Knowing him, he could very well appear in the room in an instant.

Time began to pass slowly and with each minute that passed Reginard's weariness pushed more and more on his mind. He had worn himself out with his earlier antics and now he was really pushing it with keeping up his protective barriers. He could feel his eyes drooping and there was even a moment when he woke with a start, realizing that he must have dozed off. No... he had to stay awake to... to...

Reginard's head slumped forward as his shields instantly dissipated. A loud snore escaped his nose as he lapsed into a very deep sleep.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Adelaide Sinclair
Merchant's Palace
A soft sigh escaped Adelaide's tightly pursed lips. It never seemed like things went the way they were intended anymore. Sitting in the corner of a wealthy merchant's personal ball room, Addy had not been so far removed from the events that transpired in the Court of Winds, so as not to take notice of what happened. It had been a splendid evening, up until that messy business of murder and gaudy display in the fireworks. "Some people just lack subtlety," she whispered to herself.

"Oh, what was that, my dear?" The companion to her right spoke up all too eagerly, his attention bordering on suffocation at this point.

"Nothing, nothing…" The lie came out flat and with no emotion, an obvious sign from a lady that she was indeed being deceitful. It didn't take long for the eager man to take the bait.

"I assure you, we are quite safe up in the palace here. Do not fret my dear, it is most unbecoming on you." Reaching over with a calm paw, the Stoutland stroked one of her tails, sending a disgusting shiver running through her spine. It was something she had to tolerate, the lecherous advances of imbeciles and political knuckle draggers. However, she didn't have to like it. This was not something a future princess should have to tolerate. Of course, not many knew of the arranged marriage between her and the young prince, so she just sighed and flicked her tail away teasingly. The game was still afoot after all.

It had been seven days and roughly six nights since she had been in the company of the wealthy merchant and his beautiful palace. Credit where credit was due, he had exquisite taste. The marble floors shone like nothing she had ever seen and fabulous tapestries adorned the walls with opulence and dignity. She had spent an hour alone studying them on her first day there. With a purple silk that moved like water and radiant gold thread embossed with his family crest. The detail and craftsmanship was second to none.

Of course, recent events had hampered her enjoyment even more. Suddenly, she wasn't quite in the mood for the political game. Unexpected death seemed to have that affect on her. Gliding toward the window facing the Court, she quickly undid the latch and pushed out so the grand window swung open on its well oiled hinges.

"Need some air?" The nagging voice returned and grabbed her from behind, dragging her into the center of the room.

"Something like that," she answered through a practiced smile, her eyes making perfect contact with his.

"Well, I know just what will settle the mood!" He clapped his hands together excitedly, with an almost childish fervor.

"Is that so?" She cocked a brow and looked at him doubtingly.

He didn't say anything more, before a small group of musicians entered the room and took stations along the far wall. The merchant must have had this planned from the beginning. Why else had they been watching the evening's festivities from the ball room?

"I assume you know the grand waltz of Skyhaven? Would I be correct milady?"

"Why sir, are you calling my training as a Lady into question? I have learned all the dances of this great nation and your waltz is no exception."

"I meant no insult, milady." He bowed in apology and with a subtle gesture keyed the musicians to start playing. "I'm glad, because it looks as if you can move like the wind. You truly do belong among the clouds."

Right on cue, music filled the fabulous hall. It was easy to pick out the first measure, the memory filling Adelaide's mind from a childhood of dance training. Skyhaven had a slight trick to their dance. It was slower than the usual; graceful, with an almost intentional glide. Still remembering the swift strike of the paddle at the hands of her dance instructor, she had practiced it until her paws were numb.

Taking their respective stances, the two slowly began to move to the music and with their partner. There was a strong smell of liquor on the man as he had been drinking during the earlier celebration. It ruffled Addy's nose, but she tried her best to fake her way through the dance as if she was not even aware of the stench. Many men were drinkers anyway, she was just slowly getting accustomed. At the ripe age of eighteen, there was still a lot of learning left to do.

Floating about the hall, it felt like the dance lasted an eternity. It was famous not only for its difficulty, but also its length. Many lords and ladies were known to vacate the floor after but a few minutes, but Adelaide would not be that kind of lady. Not with her destined future. She would be the perfect lady for her prince when they would finally be wed.

A stiff breeze blew from the open window, the tapestries billowing in the wind and fluttering amidst the room. Turning her partner around, she spied a figure near the window, shadowy and cloak covered as he watched on with interest. The cloak was jet black, inky like the night sky, runes faintly glowing blue along its lining like stars. With her partner's back to the new arrival and musicians enraptured with their sheet music, nobody else seemed to notice the Pokemon. Her gaze met the dazzling emeralds that were his eyes, a deep lustrous green that popped among his featureless face of darkness.

With one quick movement, the cloaked figure closed the distance between them, light footsteps gone unheard. A muffled metallic sound rang out as hidden blades shot forth from the shadows... the hooded man embraced the Stoutland from the side, and just as he turned to peer inside the hood, to see that smile among the pale fur of his face. The blades slid into the Stoutland's thick fur, slicing deep into his throat, cutting it open with extreme precision. Instantly, the light of her partner's eyes was extinguished, as he crumpled to the floor at her feet, blood pooling onto the once perfect marble.

The cacophony of music covered any of the sounds that might have given away what happened in that moment. Musicians strummed away, completely oblivious as they continued on, focused on the sheets with the musical notes in front of them.

"That was messy," she called to him over the music, her voice still being swallowed by the sounds of the instruments as she stepped carefully around the blood that threatened to cover her pristine paws.

"Always is," he answered with a small grin that was just visible under his hood. The muffled sound of his blades folding back into his cloak was covered by the music. "Such bad taste in music, wouldn't you think? Forcing anyone to dance this is a felony." He glanced at the musicians who continued playing, still oblivious to his presence. He gestured courtly towards them.

"Don't worry, I'll handle it. Just go stand by the window or something. Look ominous."

"To hear people tell it, I always look ominous," he retorted, retreating back to the window, where he had entered from.

Adelaide screamed as loud as she could, adding a touch of quiver to her voice as she did so. "Oh Arceus! No!" she shouted and ran towards the musicians. "Please, please, do something!" Her voice finally reaching the musicians, they stopped playing at once in a sharp screech and saw the crumpled body of their employer dead on the floor. Gasps rang out as guards were immediately summoned and flooded the chamber from just outside the door. Confusion reached a fever pitch as they couldn't believe somebody had gotten past them.

"Look, at the window! There's a man!" Addy guided everyone's eyes, just in enough time to see said figure dive from the frame into the night. With a slight smile on her lips, Adelaide pretended to faint. She thought she heard a soft, distant, laugh from outside the window.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
169.png
Vash the Bullet

Vash stood on his perch for a little while longer thinking. Once the trial was done, the Braixen had insulted his integrity. He wondered what would have happened if he let the vile creature fall from the pinnacle instead of catching it. Alas, he shook away such thoughts of indignation and began to think more of the heroes that planed to trek upwards to the Pinnacle.

The rain began to falter as well as the lightning. The Bat rose higher onto a column of stone to gaze in the direction of the pinnacle along the horizon. He'd come to feel fond of the fortress and the treasure that was sealed within. Throughout his years as its protector, the castle became to feel like a private and much enjoyed dwelling to him.

How could Pierce boldly make such a public claim? The ghost had known him long enough to understand he took his position of safeguarding the Sky Plate seriously. Then again, there must be a plan brewing within his dark cunning mind. There always was. Even if they didn't always see eye-to-eye Pierce was always resourceful and decisive in his goals. Even so, they must have a talk. Vash also intended to inspect the rest of the heroes.

He warmed and dried himself with a small waft a Heat Wave before his flight back to the main district.

He guessed right at where Pierce had taken them. It was a well kept and somewhat sophisticated tavern that businessmen and important people occaionally settle down in. The evening was young and candles were beginning to be lit. From the top of another building it only took Vash but a moment to scope out where the group of heroes were from within. Parachuting down to the street below, he folds his wings before opening the door in order to neatly enter the tavern.

Greeted almost instantly by the barman who transformed from a Machoke to a swoobat to travel about the bar swiftly. Not exactly one for drinking, Vash merely ordered a sitris berry blend before making his way through the chatter of busy Pokemon and large tables, to the bulky shadow of Pierce. The Gengar was accompanied by his ever present cunning smile as well as his companions. He seemed to brighten up even more with surprise once he saw Vash approaching.

Vash wasted no time in speaking. His expression was unreadable as always and he spoke through his constantly exposed fangs, so for the average person, mere conversation with the bat would seem strangely intimidating. Nonetheless, his words were precise and to the point. "Hello, pleasure to make your acquaintance everyone. I'm aware you know my name but I never introduced myself properly. The name is Vash and I appreciate you interest in the attendance of the justice trials of Skyhaven." He then turned directly to Pierce. "May we speak for a moment?"

The ghost floated out of his seat to face Vash, a wide smile accompanied his response, "As you wish." Much to the other's curiosity and confusion, they both moved a few tables down to talk in private. At the same time, the ditto, now a swoobat at just managed to figure out where they relocated to and served Vash his drink.

The Crobat took a moderate sip to clear his thoughts before speaking. Pierce took this time to make small talk. "Seems you've been doing well here. A good job of it too seeing as that old pinnacle hasn't collapsed yet." He took a moment to laugh heartily at the small joke.

Vash responded in a more serious manner, setting down his glass. "Yes I've been doing fine. Thank you. It also seems you've acquired quite the company".

"Yes, yes a rather unique bunch. You recall of our quest and our status as heroes in the letter I sent you?"

He nodded. "Indeed. I would like to address the situation directly. Is it wise to request the plate to be retrieved from the Pinnacle? I've been informed that Cyala intents to claim it for themselves. You know how I feel about the Plate falling into the wrong hands."

Pierce only laid back further in his chair and replied casually, "Things are being set in motion. I assure you the plate will be secure and protected regardless of any possible scenario." He then leaned forward in his seat, his expression slightly more serious. Here's the deal..." The Gengar then uttered many whispers that only a bat's ears could acquire.

After ten minutes of low key discussion, they both sat down at the populated table as if nothing had happened. Pierce was the first to speak up. "Gentelmen, may I introduce to you an old friend of mine; Vash the Bullet!"

Vash took a small bow and sat. "Yes, again, nice to meet you." He motioned over to the ditto who was across from their table. "I'd like a refill of the sitris and a large soup as well." He handed the shape-shifter a rather large tip.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ser Tsulong

Tsulong eyed Vash as he came to sit on their table. He knew the Crobat. Vash was the Caretaker of the Pinnacle and the Sky Plate and had some sort of place within the Council of Skyhaven. However, the Lords and Ladies of the Council did not seem to take his opinion into account, when voting for if the heroes should allowed entrance into the Pinnacle or not. The Arcanine took his eyes from the Crobat to look at Pierce, as the Gengar introduced Vash as an old friend.

"A pleasure to meet you," Tsulong said, though he was more focused on the drink that was served in front of him. Flame Quiver, hot on the mouth, it had the power to get him drunk with three bowls, and he was already over the second one. No, Tsulong thought to himself, starting to feel groggy, I need to keep my wits about me. He wanted to forget what Reginard had seen; a Golurk's body hanging above the stage. Time was not fit to mourn Guardian now. He smelled treachery into the air, something was definitely wrong. The Lady of Skyhaven, Tanda, was a fierce woman. She would not simply allow the Council to make a decision without her, even if it did seem too late now... unless...

"Pierce," the Arcanine said out loud, trying to keep his loud, gruff voice down as best he could, "I don't like where this is going. We scale the Pinnacle, we get their Plate, that's the plan so far. But what then? We bring the Plate to them, we're dead men," he said with a smirk of suspicion and wariness spread on his snout. He didn't worry about Vash overhearing. From this point on, Vash was their friend. If they did manage to acquire the Plate, Vash would lose his job as the Caretaker, whoever got the Plate in the very end. He would be discarded as useless garbage...

Tsulong spared a grim look to the Crobat, wondering if he realized this.

"Indeed, we all die then," Pierce said darkly, losing a bit of his smile, then leaned forward over the table, having a confidential look about him. "Let us reach an agreement, regarding the path we will take in the future," he whispered only to him. There that unique glow in the Gengar's eyes, Tsulong noticed, one that he remembered back from Duskwood. They were in front of Zeke, Lord of Duskwood and field leader of the Anonymous Brotherhood. Pierce had gone off to somewhere, having plotted something on his own. Later, the heroes learned that the river coming from the north, separating Duskwood and Westfall, was poisoned. The only accessible source of water the Crimson Company had for their camp in Westfall; thousands died and more fell ill, unable to combat the Brotherhood and the heroes as they marched right into the camp. Looking at Pierce's cunning red eyes, he remembered that this treacherous diplomat played a big factor in their victory over the Company, and that he was involved bone-deep into the game the Council was playing.

Tsulong was an honest warrior that valued honor, though he did credit wits as well, and Pierce had wronged him not once in the past. He detested treachery, but he deemed it necessary to survive in this Kingdom. He understood very well that every hero had their own potential, and Pierce was more politically astute than any of them. Perhaps the Gengar truly had a plan of his own that would aid them... or hurt them. In any case, he could not blame Pierce for anything... except freeing Toa. He remembered the ghost's expression after he had done it. He was disgusted. Why?

"Forget the Council," Pierce whispered, still leaning forward. "Proceed to the Pinnacle as planned. There might be a few complications... so be prepared to leave the city at once. With, or without the Sky Plate."

Tsulong's ears twitched and he glowered at him. "Why would we leave without the Plate?"

Pierce seemed upset. He glanced to his side nervously, then spoke with the lowest voice he could muster. "Don't tell anyone. Keep this in mind... King Aion is marching to Skyhaven. When you're up in the Pinnacle, don't be surprised if you see the grasslands filled with his armies."

Tsulong was caught off guard and he barked in distress. "Are you serious? How could you know?"

The Gengar frowned and he pointed at his head. If Gengars had brains, that's where his would be. "It's the logical thing to do, my friend. If you're a monarch who wants to get something important done, you'd best be there, with a few dozens of thousands of your bannermen, just to be sure it is done correctly."

"Arceus, you're right," the Arcanine cussed under his breath, looking at the other heroes. Would they abandon the search for the Sky Plate, if they saw that the King was approaching? "I'm not abandoning the Plate to the hands of Aion," Tsulong declared. "I'd rather die."

Faolan

The Mienshao was sitting on the grassy edge of the pond in the garden of their secret inn, listening to the rain splash on the waters of the pond. His fur was drenched completely, but he didn't notice. He needed a long session of meditation to get his mind off of Alysanne; he would swear now Arceus had sent Alysanne to mess with his mentality. He could reject the beautiful Mienshao, alright, but it took a great deal of his will power. The damned woman had charmed him.

He didn't know if he should be grateful that he managed to take his mind off of her, because of what happened in the Court of Winds. The word Zeal in the fireworks, the vision Reginard had showed them about Guardian, Pierce's machinations to get them into the Council. Faolan was wary of Pierce, ever since he made an example out of that Pidgey nest. Ghosts were never up to any good, from Faolan's experience, and he would gladly shove his fist through that cunning face. He did know Pierce was responsible for Lady Tanda losing consciousness; Sigmund had poked Ser Tevalis about that doll, and then he remembered to give it to her... I am no fool, Faolan almost said out loud, I can see that was a ghost's work. The doll was cursed.

However, Pierce and the others had left for the bar, and Faolan wasn't one to drink or spend the night out. He would rather meditate... besides, there was important work to do. Guardian had died, and he was the one keeping the Grass Plate. So, Faolan had to take care of it now. Suddenly, a voice made him spring up to his feet and jerk around.

"Are you sad for your friend's death?" It was Ser Raleigh, the great Charizard with the blue eyes and the hot, blue flames on his tail. Faolan was startled that he would ask such question. He ignored it.

"I saw you at the trial. What right had you to be there?" he asked sternly. Whoever Ser Raleigh was, he didn't quite inspire Faolan to trust him. Mainly because he could feel how powerful the Charizard was. His icy blue eyes alone were enough to reduce lesser men to running critters.

"I have the right to attend every trial in Skyhaven," the Charizard replied dismissively, then looked up the dark sky, without seeming to mind the rain. "Faolan," he said suddenly, "you are a hero, and deserve to see better than this. Zeal is no renegade. Zeal is a conspiracy. A conspiracy of one."

Faolan grabbed his wrist, rubbing it and looking at the Charizard sideways. "I had figured. It seems like he started his plots right when we arrived on the city."

Ser Raleigh laughed. "Strange, is it not? Don't treat him as an enemy, then. Your real enemies are the Lords and Ladies of the Council."

"It is not up to me how the heroes treat Zeal. As for Zeal, I have no cause to be sympathetic with him. If he wanted to help, he should not have killed Guardian."

The Charizard remained silent... "As you say," he said, finally, a bit solemnly. "Take a good rest inside, son. The rain is like to get you ill on the morrow. And by the looks of it, the day that dawns will be long and harsh for you heroes."

Last edited:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Adelaide Sinclair
Merchant's Palace
A Zangoose holding a huge umbrella entered the palace's hall. The murder of Briello had upset the entire household, servants muttering under their breath, running up and down the stairs in a panic. They were either leaving the city in a hurry, or changing service for the night. Umbrella dripping from the downpour outside, the Zangoose walked up to Lady Adelaide who was waiting for him near the entrance, as planned. He had a wicked grin on his face, glancing at the servants who ran past him oblivous to his presence.

"My Duchess," he said, by way of greeting, "join me for a walk, if you please? I see someone upset the household..."

Addy studied her traveling companion top to bottom, her gaze lingering on his soaked and soggy feet. He had left tracks on the floor as he walked in, a sure nuisance for the servant in charge of that particular duty. The smell of rain was clearly in the air and on his fur, its onset quite sudden and heavy. She always did love that smell. It reminded her of home and of a childhood spent watching the men working on the docks.

"You look like a wet Rattata," she sighed and approached him as he did her.

He tilted his head, smirking his brows. "I was under the impression that Rattatas were significantly smaller than me," he said gently, with a hint of a playful smile. Then he reached for her crimson scarf, fastening it tighter about her neck. Together, they marched to the door outside the palace of Briello, right into the rain. Alex raised his umbrella above the Lady, its breadth shielding her body, knowing she disliked her fur to be wet.

"I miss home," she said with the slightest bit of resignation, as they stepped into privacy outside of earshot of the others; their paws splashing quitely in the puddles on the pavement. The rain had long since scared off many of the pedestrians whom might normally be out and about. It certainly cleared the place of pesky street urchins. It was peaceful, if a bit damp on her paws as they strolled along. "Does that make me sound childish?" She queried. Normally, a lady would never say such a thing in mixed company, but Alex was her confidant and constant companion, that changed things.

Together, they had formed a strong bond over the past three years. Maybe not one of friendship, as one would normally consider it, but a bond none the less. There was never any doubt of who served whom, but there was at least a modicum of respect from both parties. In Adelaide's view at least, that seemed to be the case. Glancing up at him as he stoically held the umbrella, the soft sound of rain pelting the fabric and beading off to the ground below, she wondered if maybe she had spoken out of turn.

"No, my Duchess, it does not make you sound childish. It is reasonable to feel this way... anyone who knows of home misses it when away," he said kindly, though his face was dark. He was looking forward down the street, as if avoiding her gaze.

"Everyone who knows of home?" She repeated his words with a curious whisper. The zangoose was always a constant source of mystery in her life. Three years ago, he was practically delivered to her door and yet she knew so little of his actual prior life. He seemed to know everything of hers and more so. The favor was never returned.

"Alexander, why do you never speak of your home?" Her voice was smooth, trained from birth to be so, but with an edge of irritation. "Every time I order you to tell me, you say nothing or dodge the question entirely. It is quite frustrating and bordering on insubordination." Addy flicked her tails and hit him tenderly with one to let him know she was mad but not overly so. "I do declare, if not for your facility with murder, I might have asked grandmother to replace you. Perhaps with somebody easier on the eyes."

His face was an iron mask, pale against the moonlight that snuck through the dark clouds. His fur was drenched with the falling rain, as there was no room for two under the umbrella he was carrying. "I do apologize if I offended you with my silence. Your words of replacement hurt me, if you allow me to be honest..." he said, not with a bitter or cold tone, but with a wistful one.

"Well you should apologize," she stated matter-of-factly. "It is quite rude and bothersome. Most bothersome..." The two paused in their conversation and continued on for some time in silence, nothing but the rain to act as words between them. Adelaide spied a Froakie hopping about his business under the glow of the streetlights, going off to do who knows what with a satchel firmly secured on his back. He didn't carry an umbrella, it was hardly needed for his ilk. Finally, with a resigned sigh, Addy spoke up again. "Listen, I was just being facetious, I wouldn't replace you. My grandmother handpicked you and that speaks to your credit. So for the love of Arceus, stop moping. It looks like I kicked a growlithe."

"Where are we walking to anyway?" she asked him at last.

"Up that hill," he said quietly, pointing with his claw. As they walked up the slope, a dazzling flash of lightning illuminated the night sky. There was a lone apple tree on top of the hill; the view from up high was breathtaking; the sea an undisturbed dark line that extended from one corner of the horizon to the other. The sky wasn't dark, even for a night; it was grey with moonlight, one of those nights that seemed like dark days. Alexander settled down under the tree, watching the sea, having put his umbrella down now that Lady Adelaide was safe from the rain.

"There is a restaurant behind us," he informed her neutrally. "It appears to be closed, but I can wake them up, should you find yourself wanting of anything."

"No, that's quite unnecessary. My host fed me a most splendid dinner before his untimely demise." Finding a dry patch of grass beneath the tree, she did her best to curl upon it and look as regal as she was capable given such a scene. "Though, I wouldn't mind an apple, to tell the truth." She giggled and looked around the area. Lights began to be extinguished in homes as the night drew on, many pokemon tucking their young into bed for the night.

"So, this can't be the only reason we're up here on a storm-lit night. Is it?" She glanced at him with doe like eyes and a furrowed brow of curiosity.

Alexander scratched his head against the tree's trunk, having his eyes shut for a few moments. He appeared serene, his ears twitching at the sound of the rain. "No, I merely wished for privacy," he said curtly. "My Duchess, I have been following a fellow of mine... his name is Toa. Coincidentally, he wears the same cloak as me." Springing to his feet, he ran his hand through his hair, a gesture not uncommon to him while thinking. Another dead give away, was his penchent to stare at things intently, with curiosity and passion, a quirk of his that let her know he was occupied in thought. "He belonged to a group of heroes who have made it their quest to unite the Plates. And next, they are headed for the Sky Plate."

The Zangoose turned to look at her, his face strangely unreadable. There was this glow in his green gaze that gave his otherwise delicate face an ominous impression.

"The Sky Plate will soon be brought down from the Pinnacle," he said slowly, "Skyhaven will lose its influence in Altica, and war will come storming these walls. A war that will wreck the city... I must ensure our victory, disregarding the odds against our enemies." He kneeled in front of her, slightly tilting his head and grabbing her foot; her body's heat had already made the wetness go away. "I only ask that you give me a bit more time. The dangers of this city... hold no secrets from me. We shall continue with our plan normally, for now."

Looking down on him as he knelt, Adelaide withdrew her paw from his grasp and only nodded back at him in return. "I suggest we expedite our plans so as not to be caught up in any suprises," she stated flatly, her own eyes avoiding his as she contemplated. "We will hold fast to our mission, but our timetable should be moved up."

Sighing to herself, as he obviously had neglected to acknowledge her hint about the apple, she used one of her tails to knock a low hanging fruit from the nearby branch herself. Picking it up delicatly with her mouth, she bit down gently and tore away a chunk of firm, juicy flesh.

"So tell me," she swallowed and spoke up again. "What do you know of these so called heroes?"

"Much and more," he said thoughtfully, his eyes drifting away from her. "If they went to Duskwood and got involved in a war with the Brotherhood and the Company, then it's safe to assume that the Grass Plate was involved - and seeing as the King does not possess it yet, we might as well treat the heroes like they have already succeeded in retrieving it. They may prove to be enemies, or allies accordingly. I propose we destroy the enemies in them... by making them our friends."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Roscoe, Vincent, and Gaius
Skyhaven - A tavern - Just talkin' over drinks and a stew.

~~~~~

Roscoe was closing the pouch of coins when he heard the front door open. Dropping the pouch inside his sack, Roscoe took a gulp of water from the glass that had been placed before him.

"Hm?" Looking over as Vincent sat down and greeted him, Roscoe smiled slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine, just hungry. Kinda skipped out on breakfast this mornin'." He turned in his seat to see who else had come in. The first Pokemon Roscoe spotted was the Lucario who'd been tried and was sitting on the other side of Vincent now. Looking further, he saw that Tsulong and Pierce had come as well.

When Vincent asked his question, Roscoe blew a sigh and turned back to the counter, drinking some more water before answering just as quietly. "Messed up, that's what it is. I watched from a distance, but I didn't see any reason t' step in."

"You're telling me." Vincent replied with a tired huff, turning to notice the drink having appeared in front of him without him noticing. He reminded himself to tip the bartender for his speedy service, as he picked up the mug and took a swig of the frothy brew, turning his head as the Crobat introduced as Vash joined Tsulong's group at a table slightly off to the side. Vincent gave him a little nod in greeting before turning back to the others.

Roscoe turned his head as well when the Crobat was introduced. "Nice t' see you, Vash," he greeted in reply, briefly waving a claw. Gaius glanced over at the pokemon that they were talking to, eyes closing briefly as he scanned the newcomer's aura. A moment later, satisfied, he opened his eyes again and nodded in greetings before turning his attention back to the two besides him.

The Sceptile's eyes traveled toward the Lucario and his drink. "You all right there?" Roscoe asked, a faint grin appearing as Vincent turned his head to face Gaius as well. "Oh, right. Roscoe, this is Gaius. I'm sure you heard of him earlier. Gaius, this is Roscoe, another one of our little group." While Vincent was making introductions, the bartender returned as a Kadabra with Roscoe's meal floating onto the counter.

"Yes, fine." Gaius claimed, hiding a cough with his paw. "Nice to meet you." the Lucario nodded his head in greeting as Vincent introduced him. Gaius trailed off, not quite sure what to say. He had a vague idea that this was the point where he was supposed to be talking, but spending most of his life either in a dojo or as a loner was biting him in the arse when it came to tavern ettiquete. Trying to hide his awkwardness he took a too large gulp of the drink, eyes widening as he felt a rush in his head that made him start coughing.

Vincent's brows lifted as Gaius gulped down the drink, letting out a laugh and giving his back a little pat or two. "Hey, calm down now, no need to choke on your drink." He gave a smile, looking as if he recognized Gaius' position and turned a little around to better face him, taking another swig of his mug.

"So Gaius, if you care to, tell us about yourself. How did you end up... well, here?"

Secretly glad for an excuse to stop drinking this odd stuff for a moment Gaius mirrored Vincent's half turn and leaned against the bar, shrugging his free shoulder. "Before I met Durand I just drifted about the country for the most part. Help some people here, learn something somewhere else, that sorta stuff." He paused to take another swig of the drink, finding that the more it affected him the better it tasted, "Couple of youngish types wanted to explore down around where area 52 was and paid me to come along with them as some extra muscle."

That had been an interesting trip, especially when he had realised that the two who had hired him were so high strung that they would practically have a heart attack if he made a small noise in the night. Hey, even Gaius had to amuse himself somehow. "Anyways, they didn't last long before getting scared and running back home, but I decided to stay and explore a bit longer, ended up finding Area 52 not long after you lot had left I think. Durand asked me to come up here and help you when you arrived, I got framed for murder and you know the rest."

Roscoe swallowed a bite of the stew; the bartender hadn't told him what it was made of. He liked it, though, so he didn't ask. After a moment, Roscoe turned his head back to Vincent and Gaius. "Yeah, being framed ain't a claim t' fame that many would want." The Sceptile began turning back to his stew, then turned back as his eyes caught something. "Got a new sword, Vince?"

"Heh, no it isn't. Sounds like we have alot in common, Gaius." Vincent replied with a smile, taking another swig of the mug of ale, licking the forth off of his lip before peering over his shoulder at Roscoe and then down at the black, wooden sheath of the sword hanging from his sash. "Oh! Yeah, after everything that happened in Duskwood I needed a new weapon, so I've been spending today hunting for some. And... in some odd stroke of both fate and luck, I managed to find my master's old sword in one of the shops. It cost me nearly all of my coin, but a weapon of this quality, wielded by none other than my master? You can't put a price on that." He said, smiling brightly as he brushed a hand softly along the length of the sword.

Gaius cocked his head to the side as he looked down at Vincent's sword, "Good stroke of luck that." he commented, taking a swig from his mug, which was looking surprisingly empty somehow. What had been an aesthetic lean was now supporting Gaius's weight and his head dipped a bit lower than he intended as he examined the sword, "Nice looking weapon though. So what's the story with your master then?"

Vincent took another swig of his mug of ale, which was rapidly starting to empty as well. "My master took me in when I was little. I don't know if you have heard the legend of 'The Wanderer' or the rumors that I'm supposedly hundreds of years old, but my master, before me, was The Wanderer. I've simply inherited the title because he thought of me as ready to accept it." He nodded lightly, his expression thoughtful and slightly distant. "He taught me almost everything I know and I respect him and his teachings more than anything."

Looking down at his bowl, Roscoe noted that it was already empty. "I've heard the rumors," he said, pushing it away slightly before reaching for his sack. "Ye certainly don't look that old, Vince. Hey, bartender, how much for th' stew?"

A Machoke again, the bartender's eyes flicked toward Pierce. "Don't worry about it."

"Nuh-uh." The Sceptile shook his head. "I'm not takin' another freebie, an' I came in here before they ever did. How much?" When the Ditto named the price at seven silver berries, Roscoe slid eleven silvers onto the counter for the bartender to take before turning back to the others. Seeing Gaius support his weight on the counter now, Roscoe grinned. "Not a heavy drinker, Gaius?"

The Lucario narrowed his eyes for a second and scrutinised Roscoe before relaxing and returning his grin, "Nah, not really my thing." he paused to take another swallow, emptying the mug, "S'not so bad though if ya ignore the taste. My master hated alcohol so I never really started drinking it when I was younger an' the age fer it, an' after that I was mostly travellin' alone, needed to stay on my toes." He fished a few silver coins out of his pouch and placed them on the bar where they were quickly collected by the now-Reuniclus bartender. His ear twitched and a momentary scowl spread onto his face in displeasure at the shape he had taken but Gaius didn't comment.

Reminded by the others that he should be at least paying the bartender a tip, Vincent fished out a handful of silvers from his pouch, sliding them across the bar to the Ditto with a smile. "The ale was exquisite, thank you." He finished his mug in a deep swig, placing it onto the bar again with a deep sigh, licking his lips, starting to feel a little lightheaded himself, giving a small snicker in Gaius' direction. "You have to get used to the taste, but I understand why you wouldn't want to drink. It's a good way to relax though." He stretched his arms out to the sides and let out a little yawn. "Mrrh... it's getting late. Maybe we should think about turning in." Glancing at Gaius again, he snickered and patted the Lucario's shoulder. "Plus, you don't even know where we're staying."

"Nice t' see you're part of the group now, Gaius," Roscoe said, sack strapped on as he slid off his barstool. A finger twitched slightly, but he wouldn't do it now. Alcohol was one of the few things that carried over whenever the Sceptile leeched another Pokemon's energy. "Same here," the Lucario said, rising unsteadily to his feet and retrieving his cloak and bag, following Vincent and Roscoe as they walked towards the door.

As the trio of Pokemon left the bar and headed for the door, Roscoe waved a claw at Tsulong and Vash in passing. "Headin' back for th' night. See ya later." It was as he stepped outside that Roscoe remembered the rain. Oy. Gonna have t' dry off again at the inn.

Back