• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] deleted

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This looks awesome! Can't wait to see more updates!

Thank you! I'm preparing a demo release, and I'd say I'm about 80% done with the content that will be in the demo. Here's a small preview of what is to come!

RaSyndl.png
n1l37B8.png
ijADjcc.gif

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Starlight Legacy looks downright incredible dude. How long has this game been in the works for?
Sorry for the late response! I've been working on this since late September 2019.

I was sick on-and-off for about the past month, but I've recovered now and am working on this little by little. Although I previously mentioned the first demo will be ready soon, I've decided to extend the length of the demo I had planned in order to give players a clearer idea of what the final game will be. With that said, I am aiming to have the demo ready by either May or June.

Here's a video preview of the battle system!
https://streamable.com/742pd0

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
This looks nice and all, but does it really count as a fangame?
This is the "Games Showcase" forum, not the "Fangames Showcase" forum (though yes, the majority of the games showcased here happen to be fangames). I read the rules before posting this topic, and there's nothing that stipulates that something has to be a Pokemon fangame in order to be posted at this forum. Plus, every topic here needs to be approved by a moderator, which means a moderator had approved this topic as complying with the rules. (Plus, I'm not just some rando coming to PokeCommunity to post my game, I've been a member here since 2007).

Bulky Ledian

Banned
Years
This is the "Games Showcase" forum, not the "Fangames Showcase" forum (though yes, the majority of the games showcased here happen to be fangames).
Considering that "Games Showcase" in a sub-section of "Fan Games" there's an explicit implication that this is primarily for non-original fan works.
Then again this game is so derivative of the older Dragon Quest, and other titles that it could probably count as a fan-game still.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
This looks pretty awesome, and in the style of games I used to go crazy for! Here's hoping it goes well, and am eagerly awaiting the release!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Considering that "Games Showcase" in a sub-section of "Fan Games" there's an explicit implication that this is primarily for non-original fan works.
Then again this game is so derivative of the older Dragon Quest, and other titles that it could probably count as a fan-game still.
At the end of the day, a mod had to approve this topic, as well as the couple other original non-Pokémon games here (you have to look a couple pages deep but there's others too lol). If a mod thinks that posting non-fan games here is no longer allowed, I'll happily comply with that and post my game elsewhere, though currently as it stands I don't believe that I am breaking any rules.

On a different note I've actually never played a single Dragon Quest title (but I will soon lol), and the goal here is kind of to create a simple RPG that is a mixture of the non-linearity of early Final Fantasy, a hint of the wackiness of Mother/Earthbound, and the accessibility of Pokémon (visible HP bars, save anywhere, etc.) Hopefully as progress develops it can develop its own unique identity (as opposed to "generic RPG"), and I am confident that it will, as the more I work on this the more ideas keep coming up, and I can't wait to implement them.

This looks pretty awesome, and in the style of games I used to go crazy for! Here's hoping it goes well, and am eagerly awaiting the release!
Thank you! I hope to have a playable demo ready by the end of this year!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Hey there! I just downloaded the demo earlier today, and I've been really enjoying it so far! I'm super excited for the full game to come out!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't think this was meant to be here since it has nothing to do with pokemon, it's a different type of rpg all together, it's like if someone posted a final fantasy rpg here

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey there! I just downloaded the demo earlier today, and I've been really enjoying it so far! I'm super excited for the full game to come out!

Thank you! I'm assuming you downloaded the demo through Discord? Since I did release a "pre-demo" on Discord for the purpose of gathering feedback, and now I'm polishing up the game to release an "official" demo via itch.io. The updated demo will hopefully be ready by the end of this year.

Sorry I haven't updated the first post lol, it's pretty outdated by now. But I'll update it in time for the itch.io demo release.

I don't think this was meant to be here since it has nothing to do with pokemon, it's a different type of rpg all together, it's like if someone posted a final fantasy rpg here
As mentioned earlier, there's nothing in the rules that state that the games here have to be exclusively Pokémon fan games. That, and a mod approved this topic. If you have an issue with my game being here, feel free to complain to a mod about it (as well as the few other non-Pokémon fan games here).

Also Pokémon is literally based off of classic JRPG's like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Sure it's become something else by now but Gens 1-4 were basically FF clones but with the neat ability to recruit(capture) enemies into your party.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Might as well rename the website to Rpg community if that's the case, v that's why i meantion you might as well rename it to rpgcommunity, instead of POKEcommunity

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Might as well rename the website to Rpg community if that's the case

Jeez guys. Give him a break already. This site is more then just Pokemon. I've seen Digimon, some Dragon Ball Z stuff and more here. Cut him some slack. If you don't like this idea, just move on. We are all primarily game fans here.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
From what I see, this game looks great. I love seeing people make games here that isn't just Pokemon. It's a nice refresher. It's also giving me great RPG feels and nostalgia from my childhood. I can't wait for the full game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
From what I see, this game looks great. I love seeing people make games here that isn't just Pokemon. It's a nice refresher. It's also giving me great RPG feels and nostalgia from my childhood. I can't wait for the full game.

Yes! How I feel exactly! this game is gunna be a great taste of fresh air and I am very much looking forward to it's coming out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Thank you all for your comments! I now feel a bit bad for not posting here for a while, since I've been slowly but steadily working on putting the demo together.

Since I didn't post anything on here from August until now, a lot has happened in development so I'm going to share some gifs of how the game is shaping up to be (if you've been following me on Twitter or Discord, you've probably already seen most of these):

EEfppSK.gif

4w2HfGj.gif

XdN801M.gif

9P4ATRF.gif

5twXc63.gif

vv8nrTo.gif

I am preparing a demo and trailer that I'm aiming to release within this year, so stay tuned!

Back