• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region [OOC Thread]

Years
Awesome! Okay, thanks.

Snap, was worried about the Shiny. x3 Oh well-- the painted on markings are okay, right?

I'll work on the stuff you said and post an updated version, as well as the bio for my other character, Klaus.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
RavenStar: Yup, perfectly fine. Klaus won't be able to join in until later. I just want to make sure that everyone gets their initial characters well-settled first.

Years
Okay, sounds great! That makes sense.

Here is Klaus! I'm just going to use the same RP sample as on Sheila's. BTW, if you need me to ever, I can try and play some badguys as well. Just let me know if you ever need that so I can think up characters.

Name: Klaus Shady
Appearance: 6'4", with very a broad torso and shoulders. Very large hands with a little bit of hair on them. They are very worn and leathery from working in the garden tirelessly. Klaus has reddish brown hair cut in a short, unremarkable style with sideburns. Slightly tanned peach skin; murky greenish brown eyes that are flecked with bits of brown. His eyes are deeply set, which makes them cast a shadow on his face. Klaus has thick eyebrows, and a fairly chiseled, angular face. His chin is covered in a light layer of stubble, but he always makes sure to shave above the lip, for fear of growing a 'stache. His arms are very bulky and strong looking, particularly around the upper arm and shoulder. Klaus wears a long sleeved, button-up shirt with the first button undone. It buttons down the middle, and is very nice looking, with decorative hand-carved wooden buttons. The shirt is a dark cranberry red color, or the color of dull red leaves in the autumn. He wears a pair of dark, brown-ish jeans, with a pair of brown suspenders hanging off of them. He has a red bandana that matches his shirt on his head, tied in the back. He also wears a dull pair of hiking shoes. Due to his tall height and wide shoulders, Klaus can often look intimidating, but a closer look up at his face shows a sort of unshakeable kindness in his eyes and expressions. He always looks gentle, and his center of gravity is fairly connected to the earth. Klaus never makes sudden movements, for fear of startling others.

Personality: Klaus is very introverted and enjoys spending a lot of time by himself, or at least with his Pokemon.He enjoys quietly grass Pokemon more than anything. It is hard for him to grow accustomed to the company of others or to work well in groups-- not at all because he is hard to work with, but just that he can get overwhelmed or pushed around if there are too many people. Klaus is extremely gentle, treating even the smallest plants or bug Pokemon with great reverence. He is very patient with others and nearly impossible to anger; someone has to be doing something truly despicable for him to form a grudge against them. Even the children who picked on him as a kid are seen as simply misunderstood to him. Despite his calm, earthy nature, Klaus can be a bit of a worrier, but usually about silly things like if his Pokemon will like their food or if they'll all get lost and starve to death while on their journey. He is very fond of children and baby Pokemon, but gets nervous around them and is usually too scared to touch them for fear of hurting them on accident somehow.
Background: Klaus grew up in a very calm, happy household-- so calm and happy that it felt abnormal. His parents were loving and encouraging, and always tried to help him "spread his wings" to get going in life. As a child, they encouraged everything that Klaus did, and tried to help him make friends. Unfortunately, Klaus was an unbearably shy young'un, and even when met with children who were kind to him it was hard to get him to talk. He didn't show much interest in playing games, getting the best grades, or gossiping like the other kids did: but what did fascinate him, more than anything, was Pokemon. He grew up around his mother's Jynx-- who acted as a nanny to him, at times-- and his Father's Sunflora. While he loved Jynx, Klaus was extremely interested in Sunflora because of its ability to absorb nutrients from the sun, and well, move. At the age of five, Klaus found that he loved studying the differences between Sunflora and normal plants like vegetables, always striving to find out what exactly made them different, and what made them the same. Sadly, this odd obsession caused him to get picked on by some of the other kids in the town-- he became known as "that four-eyed kid always crawling around in the dirt and staring at Dandelions all day." The only girl who didn't pick on him was a younger girl named Sheila. While she did not take particular notice of him, Klaus never forgot how whenever kids would be saying mean things to him as he dug through the weeds, this small blonde-haired girl would politely tell them that they were being rude and to kindly go away. She would then smile and Klaus and go on her way... a smile he never forgot.
When he turned ten, Klaus's parents joyfully surprised him with the best gift of his life: a Growlithe puppy. While at first he was confused as to why they had not gotten him a grass Pokemon, like a Bulbasaur or Chikorita, he soon realized that his parents had given him the best friend he'd ever had. Growlithe was excellent at helping him dig up new plants to bring home, and even barked at grass pokemon that were hiding so that Klaus could see them for a split second. He growled at kids that teased him, and would run in circles when Klaus was bored so that he would laugh. Training with Growlithe soon proved to be even more fun than looking at plants, and sometimes he would see that Sheila girl watching the Pokemon from afar and taking notes...though he never got the courage to talk to her.
When the Katsu region began to export Pokemon, Klaus and his entire family were appauled. By then, Klaus had caught and studied a number of grass Pokemon, and couldn't believe how someone would want to take away such gentle creatures that made the world so beautiful. It seemed so wrong that it had to have been downright evil! Right away, Klaus used up his savings to escape to Johto with his parents. When the news of the corruption of the PXS broke out, Klaus journeyed back into the region he had hoped to avoid with his Arcanine and other Pokemon to try and make the world a better place.

Additional Information: Klaus has some back problems from being so tall and is not very good at running/easily winded.
Has a secret love for Sheila even though he hasn't seen her for years, but he is far too shy to express it. Klaus also likes to make Pokemon food and treats from different herbs and plants.
RP Sample: (see Sheila's entry)

Spr_4h_059.png

Breed: Arcanine
Moves: Flamethrower, Bite, Roar, Fire Fang
Personality: Protective, Gruff, Friendly, Self-Confident, Patient, Loyal, Energetic, Fatherly
History: Klaus's first Pokemon. Arcanine loves Klaus more than anything; he is his best friend in the world and the most wonderful human he could ask for. He does everything he can to make Klaus happy...even if the Pokemon food he gives him is often too, eh, healthy for his taste.

Spr_4h_003_f.png

Breed: Venusaur
Moves: Vine Whip, Solar Beam, Razor Leaf, Take Down
Personality: Laid-Back, Cranky, Loyal, Competitive
History: Venusaur was Klaus's second caught Pokemon, whom Growlithe found hiding in some shrubs. It was much more energetic when it was younger and has gotten a little bit cranky in recent years.
Additional information: It enjoys long naps in the sun, and is annoyed by energetic Pokemon...though a lot of that is because it is jealous.

Spr_4h_043.png

Breed: Oddish
Moves: Lucky Chant, Stun Spore, Acid, Absorb
Personality: Shy, Cowardly, Naive, Crybaby, Worrier, Devoted
History: Klaus pulled up an Oddish in the neighbor's garden one day while helping pull weeds and cut the grass. Oddish was evidently hiding from other Pokemon (such as Growlithe), but took a liking to Klaus. The kind elderly lady who owned the yard told Klaus that he could keep Oddish if it wanted to stay with him...which it did.
Additional information: Especially fond of the Elderly. Terrified of Carnivine.

Spr_4p_455.png

Breed: Carnivine
Moves: Bind, Vine Whip, Crunch, Wring Out
Personality: Rough, Dark Sense of Humor, Cunning, Troublemaker, Malicious, Hot-Headed
History: Klaus got Carnivine while vacationing six years ago to the Safari Zone to investigate the many kinds of Pokemon there. He found this somewhat rare specimen and captured it in hopes of studying it, unaware that it would be such a handfull.
Additional information: It very much enjoys scaring Oddish and whatever other Pokemon would be gullible enough to think it would eat them!

Spr_4h_182.png

Nickname: Bella
Breed: Bellossom
Moves: Attract, Double Team, Bullet Seed, Grass Knot
Personality: Conceited, Friendly, Gentle, Competitive, Spoiled, Optimistic, Flirtatious, Show-Off, Jealous
History: Bella was caught as a Gloom. Because Klaus loved her so dearly and saw her as so beautiful even as a sad, droopy Gloom, Bella was able to evolve into a lovely Bellossom. Bella loves to dance, and unfortunately was treated a bit too well as she has a serious ego going on. She thinks that she is the smartest, prettiest, and best of the Pokemon in Klaus's party. After all, they're all dumb guys!
Additional information: She gets jealous when Klaus gives too much attention to other Pokemon. Or, well, when attention isn't on her in general.

Spr_4h_188.png

Breed: Skiploom
Moves: Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Tackle
Personality: Laid-Back, Introverted, Gentle, Kind Hearted, Absent Minded
History: Another Pokemon that Klaus caught at the Safari Zone six years ago. Skiploom is very absent minded and good natured; it loves to rub up against others, like a puppy, to make them happy and clown around.
Additional information: Tends to wander off and get lost.

I just noticed that a lot of people have weapons on their characters somewhere. Do I need to give Sheila and Klaus something to defend themselves?

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
RavenStar: Sheila's SU looks much better. Thanks for editing it for me. You're accepted. Klause's profile is also accepted, though you mayn't RP as him yet.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Everyone: We'll arrive at the Katsu region in my next post. Also, Liacri's gonna be gone for a while, so I'll be in charge of bunnying her character. Don't be afraid to talk and make diabolical plans with one another on here, guys!

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Mira! *Raises hand* Are the boats landing in a secluded area? Or a public dock/town? ^^ Beo and I have a plan, but I want to make sure we can use pokemon l3

Mira

restless spirit
Years
It used to be a major docking area, but isn't used very often now on account of all the regulations. It's rather populated, but because it's so far south there's no fear of PXS and the government doesn't do much there because they're too busy working up north.

IceFireLighnting

OK. I was dropped off by these old people on a desolate beach on the west side of the place...I need a name and direction. Please?

IceFireLighnting

Thanks! Oh, and I'm new, so can I have a map or something?

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Trainer

Name: Paul Stevenson

Appearance: At one time Paul was a short, skinny boy who wore thick framed glasses. If that was the Paul you knew you wouldn't recognize him today. His job's often involve manual labor and as such he has bulked out a lot. Lean is a fair word to describe his build as he sits comfortably between the extremes of skinny and muscular, maybe tending slightly towards the skinny side. At five foot eight he isn't really tall but he is no longer short for his age. His blond hair, which he keeps short and neat, has darkened to almost brown. He regularly has a slight stubble as he only shave every few day, that makes him look a little older than he is. During most the day Paul wears contact lenses, but sometimes chooses to wear a pair of light framed glasses instead. His natural eye colour is blue, however since he wears contact lenses he can disguise this with cosmetic lenses.

While traveling Paul will normally wear a pair of green combat, simply for the number of pockets, available for storing stuff, despite this he still never seems to be able to find an empty pocket to put anything in. Along with this he will wear either a plain t-shirt or a black tank top and he carries with him a blue backpack. Paul has a red and gold trainer belt that belonged to his dad, it was a gift for his tenth birthday and as much as he treasures it he has found that he can't hid it under his shirt as well as he used to so keeps it in his backpack. Also included in his usual attire is his work wear, which includes a pair of grey gloves with blue rubber on the palms and fingers to help with gripping. Also while working he wears a pair of steel toe caped boot's instead of walking boots that he would wear normally and a bright yellow high-vis-vest.

Personality: Since the events of Frosty Gorge, Paul has changed a great deal, during the build up to the battle he doubted that he could be of any use to the Uprising, with that in mind he has dedicated himself to training in an attempt to prove, to both himself and those around him, that he is able to help. The desire to prove himself has made him some what inpatient as he is always eager to take up the next challenge, this may prove to cause problems if plans require a long wait as he is liable to disregard instructions if he thinks his plan of action would be better or more importantly quicker. Mainly due to the death of Sue, who Paul had a crush on at the time, Paul now no longer aims to simply remove the PXS from the Katsu region but to also get revenge for the attack on Frosty Gorge and the other pains that they have caused him and those he loves. Despite this Paul is quite good at masking his feelings as he has been living quite a lonely lifestyle with few friends or people he really trusts. His lack of trust in others has led him to depend only on himself and his Pokemon who he treats like family. Inside Paul is really no different to the young boy he was three years ago, simply his way of looking at the world has changed due to the events that took place and the extend isolation he has suffered, from lack of contact with his family in Katsu, during his exile.

Background: Paul has lived in the Katsu region all of his life. Together his mum and dad used to run a small Pokemart, but it was taken off of them when the new law came into action banning all Pokemon. At school Paul was frequently picked on, one day after school a group of bullies decided to follow Paul through the woods on his way home and beat him up. However a wild Scyther intervened, scaring the bullies away and following Paul until he was safely home, this was Paul's first meeting with Slash, his future Pokemon partner. For the next few months the Slash kept an eye on Paul, but always ran off whenever other people came near, over time the two of them developed the beginnings of a bond between master and trainer. One day after school Paul found Slash outside his house, heavily injured, Paul took a Pokeball and Slash allowed him to capture him, so he could be healed. After that Slash followed Paul every where as his Pokemon. The news that Pokemon were to be outlawed devistated Paul, Slash had become like an elder brother to him and the thought of losing him was unbearable. It was a hard decision for Paul to make but he decided to run away from home, it was the first time Paul had been away from home. Before he left he called by the Pokemart and stole as much equipment as he could carry, after all it was all going to be destroyed any way. At first he planned to go to a different region but he soon realised that he would not be able to make it past the borders, there were too many bounty hunters about. Paul tried to avoid cities where ever possible so that Slash didn't have to stay in his Pokeball all the time, which he hated. From trainers Paul met on the road he heard rumors of an uprising, between them Paul and Slash decided to join and help fight for there friendship.

Paul during the Uprising RP summery
Spoiler:

Graham gave Paul all of his Pokemon and sent him out of Katsu to Hoenn by boat. When he reached Hoenn Paul began life as any ordinary trainer would, but was plagued by the memory of the events of Frosty Gorge. Unable to concentrate on being a trainer he tried his best to improve himself and earn his right to help the Uprising when the time came. He worked as much as he could doing odd jobs to earn as much money as he could, which included as much physical labor as he could manage. Heading from place to place he worked on improving the power of his own Pokemon and soon found that he could travel around safely with out the need for his Dad's Pokemon. After a while of traveling he reached Fallabour Town where he met a band of ninjas, who he spent a month with learning the basics of martial arts, stealth and survival. On the last day with them they took him to Mt. Chimney where he caught his Weezing, Bio. After leaving them he headed to Meteor Falls to catch a Swablu in hopes of training it into the powerful dragon Pokemon Altaria, which he eventually managed. After this he found a construction job in Slateport, where he worked and trained until he was contacted by Isabel to rejoin the Uprising.

RP Sample: I will add one if you need one :)

Pokemon
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
IceFireLighnting: Sorry, I don't have an official map as of now... All attempts on my part haven't turned out so well ^.^'

The warden: Looks good. Welcome back :D You're accepted.

IceFireLighnting

Oh...ok. Well, thanks anyway! I'll just picture it as we go along. People say I'm good at picturing things from description. Like, I can totally picture Isabel. Well, thanks anyway...again...

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Gah! Where'd my arm go? *Eyes up everyone*

Me and Beo are making sure everyone arrives to a good old fashioned one-on-one match :D Stay tuned ;D

*Punches Wolf in the groin* My arm please? =3

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
*Heroic Pose* You really think I would come here without wearing a cup?! *Points at Zeph with Zeph's dismembered arm*

Looking forward to the battle ^^ My money's on... hm... Beo... or maybe... Greg... or Beo... or*explodes*

And Raikiri and I are doing some plotting now, so FEAR US! ;3

Back