• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Characters You Despise

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
Give good reasons. For me, its Bianca, shes just extremely annoying with everything she does. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me and all her decisions leave me ripping my hair out.

Years
Tracey. I hated him. At first I was like oh thats cool he draws pokemon. BUt as the episodes went on I was like this guy is so annoying. BRING BROCK BACK!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I don't despise Ash, but I find it amazing that this dude could be so stupid for so long. It's almost no wonder he dropped out of school. Or maybe it's because of it. It appears as if I've found a vicious cycle.

I also never really liked any overly bland trainer of the day, especially if mr./ms. white bread got more screen time than their Pokemon of the day, who was equally as tasteless as water, but was at least more visually interesting, considering they defied the homogeneity of the human character's designs.

I dunno. The thing about the Pokemon anime is that everyone is either too nice/soft to be completed hated (unless this has changed, but even Giovanni, with his self interested desire of power at any cost, has moments where you don't really hate the guy 100%), or too dull to feel any kind of arousal for. This is certainly where the manga excelled, I feel. Otherwise, it seems hatred for a character is due to a personal pet peeve, whether that's voice acting or a personality type that doesn't jibe with a viewer.

Years
I never liked Iris to be personal. Why??? well her get up is boring as well as her attitude sometimes. Calling Ash and Cilan (What a kid!!!). What is she.. An expert in everything???. I really hate her guys and will protest to Pokemon franchise to replace her as soon as possible

Bomberboy04

Mighty Metagross
Years
Max.
I don't full out despise the guy, but he Annoys me so much it's quite surprising, he just seems so naggy.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Iris, 100%

1.) Her voice-actor is garbage, who can't act! (She's almost as bad as the entire cast of Beyblade.)

2.) Why is she so special that she gets an Axew as a starter? "Oh I'm of the Dragon Clan!" nobody cares!! And a Dragonite? I hope it dies via NewTwo.

3.) (And this is the most prominent reason.) Her hair... is so... stupid! It's huge and I hate, hate big hair. (Thank god I was born after 1980.).

Overall her entire design is pretentious and I hate her for it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Clearly Iris, but her rude personality and Mary Sue-ish character development aren't really the main problems as to why I despise her. My real reason would only make my post off-topic, for it has little to do with the actual anime, so feel free to VM me to know my reason in detail.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
^^ i agree that paul was a douche, but at least he had a solid goal and was just a hard a** trainer. compared to trip who is just an all out dbag. no goals no nothing, all he does is make fun of ash, compared to paul who actually knew what he was talking about

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I do hope you mean her USA VA...

Yes, All american voice-actors are garbage. Well, what I mean is. The scripts in the dubbed versions have to be good and coupled with a notably good voice-actor. But anime as a whole (even my absolute favorite DBZ) has horrible acting. It's so over dramatized that it's bad. Lot of the same stuff. "HUH!", Stuttering when something earth shattering happens, growling, screaming when a character is 3 feet away. Just all in all, I prefer manga to anime. Always have, always will. But I digress. (If you'd like to touch on this more, please VM)

Yes, Iris' american voice-actors is what I was talking about. I don't watch subbed so I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I never really liked Cilan. Too many food puns and I never really liked the personality, I mean, what would you do if someone that you didn't know just came up to you, and picked up your favorite Pokemon, and started complimenting it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Iris, 100%

1.) Her voice-actor is garbage, who can't act! (She's almost as bad as the entire cast of Beyblade.)

2.) Why is she so special that she gets an Axew as a starter? "Oh I'm of the Dragon Clan!" nobody cares!! And a Dragonite? I hope it dies via NewTwo.

3.) (And this is the most prominent reason.) Her hair... is so... stupid! It's huge and I hate, hate big hair. (Thank god I was born after 1980.).

Overall her entire design is pretentious and I hate her for it.

Eileen Stevens isn't that bad, IMO. I really like Iris' character development during her travels with Ash, but her hairstyle does annoy me sometimes.

Anyway, I never really liked Paul. He was too much of a jerk to Ash and even abuses his Pokémon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Dawn.

Now don't hate me for this, I just don't like her. Never really did. It's her personallity...it just... ticks me off. I hate her catchprase and how she says it all the time. I have many more characters, but I'm afraid that if I state any more that I'll go too far, so just one for now.

Years
Paul was a straight up A hole. And that cheesy guy in gen 5 (Hugh)who always over reacts in "I'm about to unleash my rage" was just too stupid.
And! I also hate Iris. Never liked her since BW came out. She's cool in the games, but a straight up ***** in the anime. Her Dragonite is a joke to all Dragonites before her. I mean, an over the top pissed off mystical (joyful) dragon? C'mon, that's just insane.

Last edited:
Years
Any of Jessie's alter-egos used in contests were SO BAD that I count them as different characters. They were just so out-of-character for her that I had trouble saying that it was the same girl I had grown up seeing as a villain. I'm glad contests are gone and Team Rocket aren't as incompetent as they were in DP.

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I don't exactly hate any of the characters since I haven't watched the anime in a long time, but Cynthia just straight up pissed me off. I watched that one episode where Paul challenges her to a battle and the stupid spectators are like, "Oh you can't talk to the Champion that way!" or "She's the Champion!" The way they groveled at her feet made me want to run to the nearest trash can and throw up.

I think she was the one who ruined Garchomp for me, too...

Back