• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012
Oh yeah, if you get the white screen on gameboid or smthing like that, try chaning the save mode to 128k!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
I need some help with starting the game. I had some problems with the whitescreen on VBA before, but I solved that by changing the save type to 128K and using the 1.0 Ruby ROM.

The main reason why I wanted this game was to play it on my DSi, but that doesn't work! The same old whitescreen appears and I can't do a thing. I suspect that it's because of the save type being at 64K, and there is no way (as far as I can tell) that I can change that on my DS.

I'd appreciate if someone took their time and answered my question, I have wasted five hours just to try to make this work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Dude just cancel its evolution and stop worrying about anything.. simple as that..
That's not really a very good long term solution though, is it...

@terence1991
  • Download a program called YAPE (Yet Another Pokémon Editor)
  • Load up the Light Platinum .gba file
  • Type Emboar into the name box
  • Click the Other Stats/Evolutions tab
  • Click on 'SCOLIPEDE when beauty is maxed'
  • Click Clear (you'll probably get an error message but just click continue and don't click on anything else, the movesets might get messed up)
  • Click File, then Save
It's a shame a lot of the Pokémon don't 'work' correctly and it's very frustrating if you want to use one of them. It would be great if WesleyFG could fix this but I don't expect anything to happen now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
Can someone tell me if I have a good team? I'm in Snowce city and those are my pokemon:
-Galbantula lvl 37
-Bronong lvl 42
-Roserade lvl 46
-Krookodile lvl 54
-Chandelure lvl 52
-Walrein lvl 56
Thanks for advice.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Waited a week now and I cannot get it to work, tried different IPS patchers re-downloaded ruby several times same with the patch but I cannot get it to work save type is on 128kb so someone help me.

Waited a week, re-downlaoded ruby and patch multiple times, used differet IPS patchers and its on 128kb save WHY IS IT NOT WORKING?!

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Try specifically Ruby v1.0, as that's the only ROM version this patch will work on. You can find it eventually, as it is not as common.

Years
Just beaten the World Championship, I guess the game's finished after that, isn't it? Anyway, here's my team :)

Braviary Lv 73
Dragonite Lv 73
Charizard Lv 74
Excadrill Lv 74
Drapion Lv 75
Vaporeon Lv 75

Awesome hack, I really enjoyed playing it!! Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Hello everyone sorry Im new to this and if I ask some stupid question forgive me for it.

I've been trying this light platinum and was enjoying it quite alot honestly, but I arrived at mount windy and I cant proceed the game anymore because team steam sprites dont apear, what should I do?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I was in my pc and found this. It just showed up randomly out of the blue. I had checked my pc 20 minutes earlier!

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
hello guys i how do i find alpha lithograph ? i already seen the answers from previous pages and it says"you must go talk to prof. jasmine" but i already talk to her but its nothing, anyone can help? (btw this thing happens after i beat all of team steam members in their secret base)

and where do i find red in drakebreath market ? i can't find him in elevator.

thanks.

Last edited:

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
Haven't posted my team recently but i am now in seanport city. my main team is:

.Electabuzz Lv 33
.Larvitar Lv 26 (In Training)
.Feraligatr Lv 32
.Charmeleon Lv 33
.Scraggy Lv 33

How am i doing?....

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Still cannot get it to work RUBY 1.0 from doperoms doesnt work and I cannot find it anywhere and someone linked me one to a spanish site and I cannot read spanish

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
have ehglish bersion pls.. i can t understand spanish.. or i dunno wht language was that @_@

Back