• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coma Dream

Years
Dreams, even if they are of the most silly and imaginary scenarios, always seem to feel real, as if you are right there in the action. You can touch, hear, etc. Also, you can never remember how you got there when you dream. You just appear in a situation and go with the flow. Now, imagine you had a dream about waking up from a coma. Instead of being outer-worldly, the situation is very real, and you have a legitimate reason for not remembering anything. Now imagine you play out your day, a long, 24-hour day, of you truly and honestly believing you have woken up in late 2012 from a deep coma. The people, setting, and even government around you have changed drastically. You cannot find or make contact with your parents, the only people who can make you truly feel safe. It can be a scary and dark place. This is the kind of dream I had last night. Don't think I am overexxagerating, because my experience and reasons behind it are genuine and valid. Woke up bawling. Discuss, have you ever had a dream like this, or actually experienced being in a coma?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
once i had a very realistic dream where i was paralyzed in my bedroom, the settings were completely normal, and i was on the phone with a friend grunting for help because i couldn't form words. it was stupid. the only aspect of the dream that, in retrospect, makes me sure it didn't actually happen was the fact that my friend just continued talking when i was grunting. my dreams are always ridiculous but the fact that it was so real weirded me out the most, so i say it's one of the weirdest and most realistic dreams i've had, and the closest i can think of to your situation. never been in a coma, nor dreamed i was.

Years
Id find that even worse then mine. You cant move, you are trying to call for help to somebody who is essentially right there, but they keep talking as if nothings going on. And yea, people, dont need to comment if you had a dream exactly like mine, just one that freaked you out because of how realistic and weird it was.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
I've never had a coma dream, but i've had dreams that have affected me in real life. I've had dreams where I was crying, and when I awoke, I really was crying.
I had dreams where I was ill, and woke up unwell.
I had dreams where I was injured, and woke up hurt.
You get my point.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
or actually experienced being in a coma?

Not going into detail at this point but yeah I have. Although not really a deep one since if that had been the case I probably wouldn't be able to even post on here but I digress. I'll describe waking up from it to the best of my memory and from what I've been told about how I acted.

The thing with a real coma is the sheer disorientation upon waking up after however long you've been out for. But I don't think you can really compare a coma dream with an actual coma because you've got to take into account the fact that in no point during a coma dream does your brain go into a state of inactivity, whereas in the real case you wake up absolutely out of it.

This was a very long time ago but I recall that, upon waking up fully, literally everything was absolutely alien, mainly because my memory had been fried. It took me several minutes to make any sense of my surroundings, to acknowledge that I was in a room, etc. Took longer than that to understand that I had other people around me (and I believe I caused some people to worry when I was disturbed by the fact that I wasn't the only living thing in the world lol). Everything was sort of familiar after a little while but sort of new. I eventually recognised my mother and started responding to stuff but that took a loooooooooong time.

Again this was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure that, unlike in this dream you described, a real coma wears off in stages. Various senses restore themselves first but you might not be fully responsive to them or understanding of them. I vaguely remember hearing things but they were literally just things with no association or understanding whatsoever. When they started appearing, sights were nothing more than shapes that meant nothing too.

One of the most terrifying things tbqh. I think one of these "coma dreams" would make more sense simply because you still know what things are. You may be alone but your senses work properly. With the real thing I had no fully working senses for a while and no real memory of what the hell was going on either. You literally just feel like an object in a space and nothing more.

And this was only a relatively short one lmao.

Last edited:
Years
Yea, for the dream, it was like the movies. You open your eyes, and its as if you have all the energy in the world. I did some research afterwards, and your story just proves that this isnt so. Thank you for being able to tell us that story, it must have been hard, sounds scary. Youre a champ (Y)

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
Years
My dreams are all extremely vivid and often lucid, seeming to take place in the same universe, but I do have the occasional unsettling one. Whenever I have 'nightmares', they usually involve myself or someone else being mortally injured, and no one listening or taking me seriously when I try to get help. Sometimes they are just images of extremely gory events; I remember one very vivid dream I had that was nothing but a view of a doberman head hanging from a tree branch, bloody with its esophagus and spinal cord and all that in plain view, and its face still kept twitching and contorting. That honestly scared the crap out of me to say the least.

I have also been in a coma before because I had meningitis..But I was not even three years old, so I wouldn't remember any dreams I may have had.

Oh, I did have many night terrors after I was sick, though. My mom's told me that I would wake up crying and screaming fairly often. I also remember quite vividly one dream I had up until I was about six, every time I'd get strep throat or an ear infection or just a fever. It involved watching from a window in a grassy hill as my family was put onto a conveyor belt underground and pulled into a huge machine that would grind them up. I even remember my mom telling me that I had sleepwalked one morning after I'd been having that dream.

Years
Had a dream where I was falling. Nothing new...except I felt it this time.

I literally woke up from it, jumping high into the air and my body was spazzing out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
One of the scariest kinds of dreams are false awakenings. I literally had a dream that I was dreaming and had a nightmare, then in my dream I woke up. I thought "if I can just get out of this room and to my mom I'll be okay", so I opened the door and my mom was right there. I was like "Thank god you're here mom, I had this nightmare--" and then she turned around and attacked me. D: I was so scared because I thought I was awake, then I woke up (again) and was so scared to leave my room that I just sat in my bed and cried for like an hour straight, lol.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
Years
Oh god, I had a dream (or series of dreams..) like that not too long ago. I was out on the couch just kind of dozing, and the TV was on in the next room. So I kept almost falling asleep, but dreaming that I had woken up several different times in several different scenarios. In one, my mom was putting up decorations for Christmas, in another a character from a TV show was sitting on the couch..And I'd keep actually waking up between these, thinking I'd get up and make them stop, but I wound up falling back asleep every time, so it kept happening. When I finally got up, I actually had a panic attack.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Some of these sound horrible. I'm glad I never remember my dreams, assuming I even acknowledge them in the first place.
Lady Gaga said:
Yea, for the dream, it was like the movies. You open your eyes, and its as if you have all the energy in the world. I did some research afterwards, and your story just proves that this isnt so. Thank you for being able to tell us that story, it must have been hard, sounds scary. Youre a champ (Y)
Yeah it's more or less the exact opposite in the real thing. I guess the reason that they never do accurate reconstructions in a movie is because it'd be so boring to watch.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I face planted and got a gnarly head wound. I found it very hard to keep in consciousness. There were a few times I was slipping out... but I still manged to stay awake >:D

Went to the ER, and had to get some stitches.
==
I've had some gnarly dreams. Ones where I've woke up, thining that they are real, and went on with my life. I was either REALLY REALLY REALLY happy with what was happening(later disappointment when I woke up), or terrified out of mind.

One dream, I went to school. Only.. it was it was some weird, warped version of my school. But.. the day went on as normal. & Then there were these people who came to our school and started shooting everyone up. I ran to the library to hide, and inside was my mom and grandma. We locked the door, and pulled down these big heavy metal blinds. We shut off the lights and hid under the tables. Pitch black. After a while, I was back outside. The people were there and then they shot me. My vision went all red, and then black, and then I woke up. I was walking across the school, and found those meat freezer things at Safeway in the middle of the school, and this girl I know laying under them. I was freaked out, I didn't know(or like) her much, but I woke up, and we walked together. The dudes with the weapons took a liking to her, and they decided to spare me because I was with her. Well, then it skipped to a different time and location. I was outside a building and heard that the people with the guns were in there. I was getting ready to go inside, when I heard my friend Rebecca in there. I ran in there, and I stabbed the guy with scissors.

=======
Then there were plenty of dreams where people are hunting me down, trying to kill me, or just make my life miserable. I've died, woke up, got the **** scared out of me. I've even had a few different reoccuring dreams that keep coming back to scare the **** out of me. My key to realize i'm in a dream? I look at a book, or something with writing.. the words are never quite words. I can only see them out of the corners of my eyes, and I can't ever look directly at them, when I do, they disappear. Then, when I notice that, the dream is my hands! >;)

OHOHOHOH! EDIIIIIIT!

I also have these bad ass dreams where I can jump really high/ignore gravity. I will fly around the room, above everything going really really fast. It gets pretty scary when I'm about to smack into a wall.

Katastrophe

I feel infinite.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I personally enjoy my dreams, even the terrifying ones. My most vivid "series" of dreams were probably the ones that did the most damage to me. As a writer, I tend to have very... interesting dreams. There was a time about a year ago that I was working on the outline for this novel called Alyson. It involved 5 friends and this little girl, Alyson.

All I had when I came up with this idea were their names, gender, and the main plot. All of the sub-plots and relationships between these 6 individuals was still being worked out. I became slightly obsessed with this idea. I tacked a piece of paper to my wall that literally covered the wall and on my days off I would just scribble notes on this paper: diagrams, pictures, everything. Most of it would get scratched off the next day because I didn't think it fit or I thought it was wrong.

Well, after a week of this or so, I was laying in bed and just couldn't stop thinking about those notes. I ended up dreaming that night, and for the next few nights in a row, that I was in a white room, sitting down with all of these characters I had made, and they were telling me the story. Or at least, setting me up with the story. They'd suggest something and I'd say "Was it Mike?" and they'd just shake their heads at me and almost mock me by saying "Yeah, Mike did it... are you stupid? Listen to what I just said! Would Mike do that?"

I'd wake up the next morning and copy down what they had told me and go to sleep the next night and my "conference" would resume. It's just, after a few nights of this, I just started to become very tired... I could tell that my brain was working full steam even during sleep and I wasn't get the rest I needed. I eventually copied the notes down into a notebook, slapped a piece of tape on the cover and wrote "Alyson" on it, and then shredded the wall-sized paper. That notebook has been collecting dust since. To be honest, I'm almost afraid to revisit the idea until I can devote myself entirely to it.

Although I did write a short story ABOUT what I've just said, cause I figured it made for a pretty nice horror story... except the characters started to appear outside the dreams and... yeah.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
I don't know if this is off topic, but I talk in my sleep, almost every night, and my mom has overheard me saying things in my sleep, that end up happening, like premenitions(i think I mispelled that) and things like that

Back