• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Raining Cats and Dogs- Feline/Canine Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersamurott521

Samurott521
Years
Name: Supersamurott521
Do you prefer cats or dogs?: Dogs
Partner: Can they evolve? If yes then a growlithe named Fraîthun
Answer the current topic:
Which non legendary cat and dog do you think got/gets the most hype?
I'm not really sure, but I guess I'd say the legendary dogs/beasts, for dogs, and meowth, for cats.

Last edited:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
^You didn't say woof! lol

Anyway, welcome.

For all you people who keep updating the wrong topic, the current topic is-

Which cat and dog are your least favorite?

supersamurott521

Samurott521
Years
^You didn't say woof! lol

Anyway, welcome.

For all you people who keep updating the wrong topic, the current topic is-

Which cat and dog are your least favorite?
Ok then. I guess my answer is then about every cat type, they just all seem to come off as strange or just... Useless looking. My least favorite dog is the snubull line, it's just... Ugly!

ps: Woof!

droomph

weeb
Years
Name: droomph

Mr Cat Dog? Since my feet are on my Jack Russell terrier right now, dogs :)

Partner: I love the collie face in a dog, so I'll go with a fox. Zorua, I would think :3

Least favorite Cat Dog? Cat? Snubbull. It's not very cute (or very useful IMO) so nope don't like it :P

Lillipup & co. Lillipup is fine, but it's evolutions don't look very good and generally suck in-game, so...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Well this certainly is an interesting club. I would like to join :P
Name: Well, duh, LightningAlex
Cats or dogs: Well, this is a rather hard question, but I'll have to go with dogs.
Partner: Zoroark. Zoroark's awesome, woof!
Current topic: I gotta agree with the user that posted above me, and say that Snubbull is really... well, not awesome at all. IMHO it's ugly (May be a harsh word) and useless...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Most people are probably going to say that the Pokemon they chose for their partner is the best design, but I won't. Although I love Zoroark more, I think that the best designed cat/dog is Absol. It's kinda cute and cool at the same time. Can't really explain it, but for me, the eyes and the fur around its neck add up to its cuteness, while the rest of the body (especially the paws) and the scythe-shaped horn make it awesome!

Also, the dark blue/white color with red eyes just seems perfect to me.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which cat and dog have the best sprite design?
cat- Liepard
Dog-Arcanine and Lucario

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Which cat and dog have the best sprite design?

Eh, for cats I'd say the Shinx line. They're all just so adorable (except for Luxray). I really love the fur and the variety of colour it has, as well as the totally awesome tail.

For dogs I'd say Arcanine. It just looks really majestic, and the striped fur and all that stuff just looks really cool, and then we have that mane. Honestly it looks much more like lion than it looks canine. But yeah, most definitely Arcanine for the best dog design.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I'd like to join, if i can.

Arbok (I know it's a snake.....)
I like both cats and dogs, don't make me choose
I'd like Poochyena as my partner as hyenas don't get enough love.
In sprite form I'd say Vulpix looks awesome for the canine and Meowth for the cats
"woof"/"meow

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
name:Element0
dogs(even though my cat is in my lap as i type this)
partner: Mightyena
most useful dog: Lucario (i have a EV trained Lucario that's awesome)
most useful cat: Persian (back in leafgreen my Persian helped me beat E4)
least useful dog: Subbull
least useful cat: Meowth (if you've seen the anime you know this to be true)
woof

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club,element!!!
What cat/dog is the most useful?
most useful cat is persian bcuz of it's Pay Day move :P :P
most useful dog are lucario and arcanine they are the best and stongest pokemon imo
Which one is most useless?
cat - as element said meowth
dog - Mightyena i don't like it

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
No need to change partners just because someone else have the same one. That would cut clubs down to quite a few members then :p

What cat/dog is the most useful?

For cats in my opinion, I'd have to say Luxray. It's a great Electric type in battle, and out of all the cat Pokémon, I just like it the most, both design wise and battle wise, though design doesn't really affect how useful it is. But yeah, it's a pretty great teammate, and I've used it everytime I've gone through Sinnoh.

For dogs, definitely Arcanine. It's super fast, super strong, and just over-all great. It was one of my favourites back in the day, and I still like it a lot. Definitely a useful Pokémon, though I guess Lucario would come pretty close. I guess the topic is a bit more factual though rather than opinionated, but I can't really help but being biased, ehe.

Which one is most useless?

For cats, definitely Meowth. It isn't really useful for much except Payday, which I have never even used, and it isn't really known for the one that spams Attract like Skitty and Delcatty, so yeah. Out of the lot, it's the most boring and useless, I'd say.

For dogs, I'd say either Lillipup or Snubull. Lillipup is probably the weakest of the two, but it kinda makes up for that by evolving into some pretty decently strong dogs, but at its stage it just isn't really that useful. Snubull just never appealed to me, I didn't use it for long because I found it boring, and well. That's pretty much all I can say. So I'd probably have to go with Snubull as the most useless.

Last edited:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Welcome, Element0 and Arbok!

My opinion on the topic is-

Useful Dog- Zoroark. I used it as a prominent member of my team in Black, after trading for it because I was too lazy to get the event :P. I trained it from level 1 to around 70, and it became very useful, for me, anyway.

Useful Cat- I'd say Mewtwo, but that'd be cheating! TBH I really didn't use cats much, so yeah. If Absol counts as a cat, then Absol. It is quite good to use for a pokemon for catching others because it has False Swipe.

Useless Dog- Lillipup. It's just kind of pointless.

Useless Cat- Meowth cuz it's so crappy, and maybe Glameow. I love Glameow, but it's useless because it's almost impossible to find...

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
thanks Zayphora

most useful dog I'd say is Arcanine, the thing has great stats and is certainly one of the best fire types around.

most useful cat is more tricky, if the Shinx family counts then I'll go for that.

most useless dog is maybe Lillpup family. I like it but once you get to that halfway mark it starts to lag behind, at least Mightyena has dark typing

most useless cat has to be Purrlian. This might seem contradictory compared to liking Poachyena/Mightyena with dark type but when I tried using Purrloin and Liepard in my last playthrough of white version it was terrible. Poor stats and it learns dark Type moves way too late. I mean, at least Meowth gives you money, learns a lot of TMs and evolves into something useful.

Arcturus.

Years
I have to agree with your most useless dog/cat picks arbok, because you're right. I had both those pokemon and liepard was only helpful very early in the game. After that i found its only decent stat was its speed but that wasn't enough for me to not drop it from the team. The Lillpup family i like just a bit more because my lillpup wasn't quite as disapointing in the stat catagory. I never really kicked it out of my team, it just got left behind from lack of training. So my most useless picks is now the lillpup family and liepard.

I think we need a new topic, everybodys pretty much voiced their opinion on this one.

Arcturus.

Years
Ooh, this is a good one.

What's your favorite legendary dog/cat?

Since Lucario is more of a rare pokemon and not legendary, i would have to say Mewtwo. I have like 4 Mewtwos that i got from migrating from two firereds, a leafgreen, and a heartgold, the one from leafgreen being the one i had longest. Mewtwo used to a top player in my team back in leafgreen and was one and still is of my favorite pokemon. I remember just using Mewtwo for the entire leafgreen elite 4 and champion once he reached Lv100. Using Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Psychic, he would always have a move for all types of pokemon. Yeah so my favorite legendary cat/dog is Mewtwo. I was rambling wasn't I? Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back