• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Game: FireRed
Type: Person Event
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

The problem is you always get the right answer...

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
[SOLVED]Game: Firered BPRE
Type: Trigger
Script: This script is supposed to allow the player to cross a canyon with a hoverboard. The game does not activate any of the movements.
Spoiler:
[/SOLVED]

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Not good..

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

[Solved]
My Solved Idea is good!

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Originally posted by n3o

#Dynamic 0x800001

#org @start
checkflag 0x1001
if b_true goto @end
fadescreen 0x1
Special 0x136
fadescreen 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @Qmark
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1
boxset 2
setflag 0x1001
end

#Org @Qmark
#Raw 0x63 0xFE

#Org @1
= What was that?!\nIt came from a short\pdistance.

#Org @end
release

You could put the script like this. Well, this is how I'm putting it and people might put it a different way, but it should have the same result. Changes in bold. Boxset 2= lock, boxset 6 & release. I don't know how to make a bigger earthquake. More specials would make more earthquakes.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Game: Firered BPRE
Script: This script is supposed to allow the player to cross a canyon with a hoverboard. The game does not activate any of the movements.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hackmew probably will fix it, but..

Try this. I do not think it will work, but try. Lol.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
This script was fixed but it stiil doesn't work th way I want it to.

ROM: Pokemon Fire Red
Version: 1.0
Script Editor: XSE
Script type: Person

Spoiler:

A-map settings

Spoiler:

This is a wildbattle with a Suicune. Firstly, the fadescreen command happens before the battle ends, it happesn when I talk to the Suicune. Secondly, the Suicune temporarily disappears after the battle and then returns when I move. If I put in a random ID code, it disappears permanently. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

Pictures

Spoiler:

Fixed script below. Don't forget to change the Person ID to 1001! And to update XSE too.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A kinda noobish question....
When the flag is set, it just ends, it doesn't go to the message @milk thing (don't ask its a very weird script......)

First of all, no need to use @done and @done2. I mean, they're the same script, so @done is enough. Also... there's no need of of lock, faceplayer and end, because you can simply use boxset 0x2. I would fix the script, but the @milky part is missing, and the @milk one is supposed to point to a script, not to a text.

Game:Fire Red
Editor:XSE
Type:person event

When i talk to the person,the game freezes with not message box appearing.
Spoiler:

First of all you can remove lock, faceplayer and release since you can just use boxset 0x2. But, since the new XSE got released, go get it and try the script below:

Spoiler:

Remember that after you compile it, you need to copy the offset shown in the Compiler Output. The #dynamic value is just what XSE use to start searching free space, but it does not mean the script will be compiled at that offset obviously.

Having trouble with a rather troublesome script.

Script type: Person Script
ROM:FR
Script Editor:XSE
Spoiler:

When I talk to it, the message appears and I move, but the Spearow doesn't, :\ Then the boy talks but doesn't move. He then just disappears.

Make sure to not mix hexadecimal with decimal: 0x12 is not 12, of course. The "0x" prefix does matter.

Spoiler:

Help meh!

And another one:
Script type: Trigger script
ROM: FR
Script Editor: XSE

Spoiler:

I move and the camera moves, but nothing else.

I need help on these BADLY! My beta is due tomorrow and these are the final scripts I need!

Exact the same problem as above. Pay attention to the values!

Thanks Vrai. Do I need a waitstate under it?

For special 0x161 there's no real need.

Game: FireRed
Type: Person Event
Script:
Spoiler:

The problem is you always get the right answer...

Try using this script. Don't forget to update your copy of XSE first.

Spoiler:

Game: Firered BPRE
Spoiler:

The only thing I can say is that those closeonkeypress commands are useless.
Did you try compiling it to a clean ROM?

My Script

Game: Fire red Bpre
Editor XSE
Script:
This Script has some crapy little earthquake.. and Im not sure where to put the setflag.
Maybe at the bottom?
But how can I make the earthquake bigger? Add more Specials?
Making a video now..

Heres the new script:

--
Spoiler:

V i d e o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLQGMRIyUkhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NYw9RkKWDC4

This is the fixed script. Regarding the earthquake, I remember you need to set some variables in order to customize the tremor. Do a search in the archived thread and in the SQ thread as well. Don't forget to update XSE anyway.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
It must have been the rom I first compiled to that added those in there. However I tried it in a clean rom and it still does not work. I am going to try Hiche's version.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
It must have been the rom I first compiled to that added those in there. However I tried it in a clean rom and it still does not work. I am going to try Hiche's version.

Well, Hiche's version is pretty much the same. BTW, you can't return when you use goto. I mean, it won't return anywhere.

Besides, new rule: add a [SOLVED] tag to your post when everything is fixed and working. I'll add that to the first post right now. Please edit your old post to meet the new requirements. Don't forget to always use spoilers when posting scripts.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Yea, you can't return when you use goto. Replace goto with call. I do not think it will work, but it's worth a try.

MSG_KEEPOPEN in the new version of XSE, is boxset 4, right?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yea, you can't return when you use goto. Replace goto with call. I do not think it will work, but it's worth a try.

MSG_KEEPOPEN in the new version of XSE, is boxset 4, right?

Yeah, indeed. The std.rbh file is full of nice things, uh? :)

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
so i made this pokemart

Spoiler:

it works perfect, except when you enter the buy or sell menu, and then exit the conversation, you control the mart guy until you enter a building. its really wierd and im not sure if its the script or what.

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Mart Script

Please Go Read a Tutorial. You have lots of mistakes in there, not mistakes,
Stuff thats not added.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

[UN - Solved]
My Solved Idea is good!
Well What I always used for large earthquakes was:

Spoiler:

Bold = This just makes it look more professional, but it is not nessecary.

You can also customize them, by taking the last value of each setvar and changing them. You shouldn't use the same ones all the time, especially in the same map. These values, I found them to be the strongest, realest earthquakes.

Enjoy ^_^

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
so i tried it this way.

Spoiler:

still doesn't work. so maybe someone can actually help me this time instead of telling me: "oh you have mistakes" which is obvious.

Edit: actually, there were no errors in the first place, its just for some reason, i have to make him face right instead of down.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
so i tried it this way.

Spoiler:

still doesn't work. so maybe someone can actually help me this time instead of telling me: "oh you have mistakes" which is obvious.

Edit: actually, there were no errors in the first place, its just for some reason, i have to make him face right instead of down.

You shouldn't use boxset AND callstd at the same time...
Also, since you're using an old XSE, please update your copy.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
can you explan me how to use "callasm" in Ruby?
And when I use "showpokepic", the color of Pokemon is changed?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
ok well I updated XSE. whats new in this version? and how did you know I had an old version?

Because you used "boxset 6". In the new version, it's just
Code:
message <pointer> 0x<messagetype>
Anyway...
can you explan me how to use "callasm" in Ruby?
Callasm is used to call some special thing that you've inserted into the ROM, like with that Shiny Creator program thing. :\

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Can someone show me an example of a Wildbattle script (legendary) for Emerald Version...

Thanks in advance ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back