• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Is it possible to make the ??? type in Fire Red be a physical/special move type. I turned it into the Fairy type before realizing that if a damage dealing move was of that type, it would do minimal damage. If I can't find an answer, I'll just make Fairy type moves status only, but it would be more fun to have damage dealing moves of that type too. Thanks!

There's tutorials on how to add the fairy type in fire red without replacing the ??? type.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Okay, I didn't see this answered and the thread where I could have asked about this seems to be closed?

I'm having trouble with PGE's pokemon editor.
- When I start it up, it lags for a while and then brings up a popup about just-in-time (JIT) debugging.
- If I continue past the JIT debugging popup, it loads with some lag.
- If I try to scroll down the pokemon list even one pokemon, the program freezes, as in (not responding), and it won't continue no matter how long I give it.

I tried with different roms (FR, emerald, FR with the 649 patch and the correct roms.ini...) and no matter what, I got the same results each time

If anybody can provide any help here, that'd be really appreciated since this tool would be a great help with a hack I'm helping work on. ^^ Thanks in advance.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
maybe just let them name the character... but carry on in the story by their nickname.... like if you chose to name your character Sam... just be like Hey Sam! Or Goku, as everyone knows you by...
I agree with this.
It works even in official games ;) For example, in Ni no Kuni you are offered to choose a name but the game carries on with the official name for the main character =)

Years
Can patching a rom too many times have negative consequences? What I mean is my team and I mainly use patches and now a lot of our data corrupts like cries and some other stuffs

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
I agree with this.
It works even in official games ;) For example, in Ni no Kuni you are offered to choose a name but the game carries on with the official name for the main character =)

Yeah but that is not why i want to do this 1. It comes in handy because you are goku and your rival vegeta not peter and brain,
2. The second time goku loads up (after the naming) his pallete is screwed same for vegeta.
3. Vegetas mini sprite while naming is all green,

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
A new Simple Questions thread is being created right now. Just hold tight for about 20 minutes. These last three posts will be moved into the new thread. Good day to you all.:)

-Locked-

edit: The thread is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8022546 and the posts have been moved.:)

~karatekid552

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back