• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen EV Training Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyther

Over Achiever
Years
Okay, before I start EV training my pokemon, I wanted to know if EV training a freshly caught level 50 pokemon (hasn't been in battle) would be different than training a freshly hatched or level 1 pokemon stat-wise. Also when players EV Train their pokemon, do they stop leveling them up at level 50 for VGC or do they continue to level up their pokemon to level 100?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
It's the same. Wild caught Pokemon have no EVs, just like a hatched one. Also, it depends on the person really, I myself train them all the way to 100 when I get down to it.

Skyther

Over Achiever
Years
Okay, let me specify my question. Basically what I'm saying is that when players attend a Pokemon VG Regional ect are their Ev trained pokemon at level 100 then reduced to level 50 or are they just level 50? I want to find out since I'll know when to stop training my pokemon if I ever were to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back