• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I could see you having to battle your way through hairstylists, photographers, and designers before having to face Elesa. That would be amazing. xD

But if Iris and Drayden are back as Leaders, there's no way you won't be able to skip their gym. Like, really, I don't think GF will go so low as to do something a cheesy as giving you the badge as a thank you. More than likely the incident will happen after the eighth gym, like they did in Black and White.

Or the event could happen before the final gym like the other four generations.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
What if elesas scheme is the same as Jasmines. She probably cant battle until a certain event is overcomed(ex. Maybe lure the paparazzi away from her) once you do that you can battle her

OR

what if you had to compete with her at Pokéwood and beat her and her pokemon in an acting competition. Once you beat her than you can battle

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think the paparazzi is more likely than the Pokewood thing...
Perhaps we line up to see her and have to defeat the people in front to skip them and get to her.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
If the paparazzi thing would happen, they could have epic triple/rotation battles to eventually meet her
Ahh i can see it in my mind

PMZ before defeat-
You want to see Elesa too!!! You have to battle us first!

* EPIC TRIPLE/ROTATION BATTLE COMMENCES*

PMZ after defeat-
You must really wanted to see her ... Are you her partner??

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
I'm pretty sure that since Black 2 and White 2 are going to have a LOT of version differences again, like Black & White 1, that the leader for Opelucid Gym will depend on the version again as well.

Like, if Iris is the leader of your version, the town has grown more agricultural: maybe vines growing up the sides of buildings, little windowsill gardens, some terracotta archways...

Or if Drayden is the leader of your version, the sidewalks are actually conveyor belts, there are lots of street lamps, cars & trucks moving overhead, a huge futuristic clock tower...

Also, I'm pretty sure there are only two gym paths that make any kind of sense:

Cheren - Homika - Burgh - Elesa - Clay - Skyla - Drayden/Iris - Shizui

Cheren - Homika - Burgh - Elesa - Clay - Skyla - Shizui - Drayden/Iris

The first one is a linear path. I'm pretty sure most people agree that Shizui seems to be located someplace in Eastern Unova, and since there's a clear path from the starting town all the way to Opelucid (and only 7 gyms currently visible), it could be that the Kyurem plot plays out after Gym 7. Only afterwards would we face Gym 8.

Now, path #2 is kinda interesting! If, after we beat Skyla, she lets us hitch a ride one her plane, maybe she'll fly us over to the new airport that's in Eastern Unova (you can see it on the map) and we'll face Shizui over there before the 8th Gym.

Years
^ The air port there will actually make sense than...

I want Brycen to be a gym leader but I also want Clay to stay... also if he isn't why is Brycen the only former gym leader shown...even if he is will they explain what became of the missing gym leaders?

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Not sure if this belongs here....but BulbaNewsNOW (Bulbgarden/Bulbanews twitter) account has leaked all eight Unova Gym Leaders....but the photo is grainy. Really grainy.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Not sure if this belongs here....but BulbaNewsNOW (Bulbgarden/Bulbanews twitter) account has leaked all eight Unova Gym Leaders....but the photo is grainy. Really grainy.

Spoiler:

The one on the top right is Skyla btw.

The Gym Leaders shown are: Drayden, Clay, Cheren, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, Shizui and Homika. So, only Lenora, Brycen and the Striaton Trio got replaced.

I guess this confirmed Brycen stopped being Gym Leader cos his hometown was frozen and he now works in Pokewood.

So, I wonder if Drayden will be exclusive to Black 2 or will he be Gym Leader in both games?

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
The one on the top right is Skyla.

So, I wonder if Drayden will be exclusive to Black 2 or will he be Gym Leader in both games?

Yup, Skyla.

And With Drayden, Clay, Burgh, Skyla, And Elesa returning with three new Gym Leaders, I doubt he's a version exclusive this time around.

Years
I'm predicting this order for the Gyms after seeing the link:

1. Cheren (Normal, Basic Badge)
2. Homika (Poison, Toxic Badge)
3. Burgh (Bug, Insect Badge)
4. Elesa (Electric, Bolt Badge)
5. Shizui (Water, ???? Badge)
6. Clay (Ground, Quake Badge)
7. Skyla (Flying, Jet Badge)
8. Drayden (Dragon, Legend Badge)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Ahh so no Brycen after all if true...oh well at least he wasn't put under the bus like Lenora or triplets (if they aren't you know who).

True, and I like he actually has somewhat of a role now from gym duties. He's too cool for that...excuse the pun. XP

I'm hope the order could be Cheren, Homika, Shizui, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla and lastly Drayden? Based on the map that what's I'm going for.

And crap...Iris is moving up then? Possible Elite Four Member this go around?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
This is just an advertisement from corocoro. They can still have updated art in the strategy guides coming soon.

Years
What did happen to Iris...
Perhaps Shizui is 7th taking Brycen's position either that or third, pushing the old guard up a rank except Drayden who's kept his spot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No Iris? :( I'm okay with Drayden being that gym leader tho. I agree with whoever said Shizui would take Brycen's spot since he doesn't seem to fit in anywhere earlier. :x

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Aw, bye bye Iris. She was always my favourite, even if I never actually battled against her.

While I would have liked a bit more shake-up with the Gym Leaders, hopefully the way that these ones are presented in BW2 will mean there'll be a nice bit of variety, instead of simply rehashing the same teams from the previous games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh thank the Lord Iris is gone. She annoyed the HECK out of me. I am so excited that Clay is back. Legit, I can't wait. <3
I still wanna know what happened to Iris. Maybe she's a full time Dragon trainer?
And I think that Shizui is indeed taking Brycen's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back