• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
thats alot of thought put into actually using legendaries... the only one legendary I have ever used (and ive been playing pokemon games since 1998) is mewtwo, and Ive used mew in my hacks(hes my favorite)... I always feel like Im cheating because they are really overpowered... But I guess if you enjoy using them this might be a concern. I wouldnt really even know how to fix this problem other than remove roaming legendary altogether(and make it static like the other 2)...

but like you mentioned, its not something i will worry about in this hack, but it is something i will keep in mind for my other hacks... instead of using the games roaming legendary, I will make my own (I have some cool ideas for how to make it work)

YeahI suppose I see what you mean with that, if your experiance with legendaries is limited to the how they were handled in the original red and blue that is understandable why you overlooked that for the hack. But I am glad what I said will help in a future hack I'm glad I was able to touch on this.

I THINK there might be a way around that problem with roamers using the 3rd, 4th, and 5th game engines though, if the roamer is never actually engaged in battle, but instead you encounter it's overworld sprite someplace where it then flees, and then when the time is right to engage it in battle you'll have that chance to save before you battle it, because its once a battle is initiated that the IVs and nature of a pokemon is set. Suicune was handled this way in the original Crystal (back when DVs were the method stats were calculated rather than IVs and natures, and bad luck with the right stats likewise ruined the chances of a good set for them) as well as HG/SS.

With how roamers worked until X and Y you would need to be ridiculously patient and persistent. Because of the multiple roamers since gen 4 I hardly play the 4th gen games anymore and only use them to aid in transfering pokemon from game to game. I can't really enjoy simply playing them anymore due to the mechanic at work, it was what killed any enjoyment of HG/SS for me especially since Suicune was the only example of a roamer that uses the idea I pitched above.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Hello
I am very stupid.
I don't understand computers.
I will not understand anything complicated you say.

I have a kindle fire HD (an ok tablet thing)
I have my boy GBA emulator full and free for kindle
I have a rom file for Pokémon fire red (an ok Pokémon game)
I have a rom file for Pokémon ultra violet (a wonderful game and its creator is a genus)
I can run Pokémon leaf green and Pokémon fire red in my boy kindle app and save and everything.
I am aware that you need to combined Pokémon fire read and Ultra violet (somehow?)

When I start Pokémon ultra violet on my kindle fire in the my boy free app it goes to the title screen (which is a beautiful title screen if I do say so myself)
THEN A TYPE BOX APEARS with the statement: "the 1m sub-circuit board is not installed."
and from their I can start the game then professor oak gets all confused and can't remember what gender I am even though we are on a first name basses, I then do all the other things one does wen starting a Pokémon game.
I then catch a starter Pokémon (something truly innovative that Nintendo Pokémon games should have always had {it's a lavaritar[one of the coolest Pokémon ever!!!]}) then I try to save AND IT DOES NOT SAVE. 

I am aware that I have not done something I do not know what that was.
I would like a solution to this problem in small words.
In closing
I am very stupid.
I probably spelled somthing wrong (it was probably somthing).
Thank you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hello
I am very stupid.

I have a kindle fire HD (an ok tablet thing)
I have my boy GBA emulator full and free for kindle
I have a rom file for Pokémon fire red (an ok Pokémon game)
I have a rom file for Pokémon ultra violet (a wonderful game and its creator is a genus)
I can run Pokémon leaf green and Pokémon fire red in my boy kindle app and save and everything.
I am aware that you need to combined Pokémon fire read and Ultra violet (somehow?)

When I start Pokémon ultra violet on my kindle fire in the my boy free app it goes to the title screen (which is a beautiful title screen if I do say so myself)
THEN A TYPE BOX APEARS with the statement: "the 1m sub-circuit board is not installed."
and from their I can start the game then professor oak gets all confused and can't remember what gender I am even though we are on a first name basses, I then do all the other things one does wen starting a Pokémon game.
I then catch a starter Pokémon (something truly innovative that Nintendo Pokémon games should have always had {it's a lavaritar[one of the coolest Pokémon ever!!!]}) then I try to save AND IT DOES NOT SAVE. 

I am aware that I have not done something I do not know what that was.
I would like a solution to this problem in small words.
In closing
I am very stupid.
I probably spelled somthing wrong (it was probably somthing).
Thank you.

The m1 sub circuit error is an emulator problem. I am not familiar with the emulator you are using but it may not support games that require it. There are a few work arounds mentioned in this thread if you read a few posts back. Hopefully one will work for you.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
i clanged my save type from flash k something to the bigger flash k something and it does not give me a error 1 m thing thank you for pointing me in the right direction mr locksmitharay you and you Pokemon game are wonderful.

dot stop doing what you are doing

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
so i feel extra stupid i got to mew saved so if i killed him i cooed restart the fight got him in the red parilized him...

than remember that i ran out of poke-balls in mt moon.

so i guess i'm screwed. unless their is an inventory editor were i can add poke-balls that supports ultra violet?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
if you saved before the fight, just leave and come back... if you saved IN the fight... try running. some of the legendaries wont count as a lose if you run (i dont remember how I made mew)... if you run he may come back if you return to the area... maybe.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Recently, I decided to replay (and actually finish) Ultra Violet, but right after the title screen, I get this box saying "The 1-m /conduit board?/ is not installed, and then when I play the game, I cannot save in game, and I keep getting error messages. Any idea what's causing this? As far as I know this has never happened to me before

Years
Recently, I decided to replay (and actually finish) Ultra Violet, but right after the title screen, I get this box saying "The 1-m /conduit board?/ is not installed, and then when I play the game, I cannot save in game, and I keep getting error messages. Any idea what's causing this? As far as I know this has never happened to me before
On your emulator, you must have switched you save type from 128KB to 64KB so just switch it back and it should work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I also got that same error message on my copy as well. I'm using VBA GX on my Wii. But, other games and hacks work just fine on it, so I'll try it again.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Mar 20, 2015
Enjoyed the game, and love how I can trade, mostly because my starter pokemon was gastly, but I accidentally cancelled its evolution to gengar (which I fixed by trading to fire red, oddly enough).
Absolutely loved catching my starter, and how easy it was to defeat charmander.
Also, HERP A DERP!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
I've owned this hack before, but I can't redownload it. I'm not sure where to go so maybe I can get some help?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
What about Seadra? What do you have to do to evolve it to a Kingdra? Usually it's a trade with a Dragon Scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back