• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Dragons of a Fallen Sun by Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman. It's the first book in the War of Souls trilogy from DragonLance. I'm finding the writing a lot easier to get through, and I'm actually enjoying the book.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
I recently finished reading a sample of the divergent (it was free and only the first 50 pages) I thought it was actually good! if a bit confusing. But when I have time I plan of buying The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. A friend recommended it to me, and it looks really good.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I'm not reading anything yet, but I'm getting Pride and Prejudice soon. I've heard great things from this book.

Years
Earlier I said I started reading Terry Goodkind's fantasy series. Now the focus has shifted to reading about ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt, and their mythologies. I've started reading Homer's The Illiad.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Finished the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series Sunday. Currently reading Clash of Kings of the Ice n' Fire series.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire... Read all the other books, except this one and book 5.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
I recently picked up a book with the title A Good & Happy Child, the author, John Evans.
I'm only a chapter in and having trouble wanting to continue reading, it's quite slow to begin with.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Right now I'm reading Frankenstein. It's ok, but I don't really see why it is a classic. I guess it does give some thoughtful commentary concerning the human condition, but the plot seems very elementary and almost too 'perfect' (as in extremely unbelievable, even after accepting the fictitious aspects of the novel), which really irritates me for some reason.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I'm working on finishing Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. My dad gave it to me as an early Christmas gift, and I finally got around to reading it again. I'm enjoying all of the satire and humor that the book offers.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
I am currently re-reading 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green. It is one of my favourite books at the moment :')

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Right now I'm reading Frankenstein. It's ok, but I don't really see why it is a classic. I guess it does give some thoughtful commentary concerning the human condition, but the plot seems very elementary and almost too 'perfect' (as in extremely unbelievable, even after accepting the fictitious aspects of the novel), which really irritates me for some reason.
That was my favorite book growing up as a child! I don't know why. Probably just because I like stories where the main character goes insane or something.

Currently reading Bertrem's Guide to the War of the Souls, another book in the DragonLance series. This one is for absolute nerdy fans of the series only, as it goes into detail about the lives of elves, the poetry they write, and other unnecessary information that I think isn't important but will probably be mentioned in a later book because that's just how this series works.

Says Astinus.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
1984 by George Orwell.

It's very well written and I'm really enjoying it but it's also very heavy and intense. Takes a lot of brain power. :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've been reading A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I'm on book 5, A Dance with Dragons... after I finish this it'll be a long wait until the next one comes out. :(

Years
"The Descent" - by Jeff Long. I got it for Christmas so I feel obliged to read it. The theme is interesting enough but subtlety isn't this author's forte, and that is kind of what I prefer in a horror novel...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The Gates of Thorbardin by Dan Parkinson. I actually started this one a few days ago, but had nothing to really say about it. It's a sequel to a DragonLance book that I don't have and therefore haven't read, so I wonder if that affected my view of the story. Right now, the plot picked up a little to where I can get through the book instead of struggling to pay attention to it. I'm just really grateful whenever there's a kender character, as their lines amuse me enough and I just enjoy kender, so the arrival of a main kender character ups my enjoyment by quite a bit.

TARDIS

wherever, whenever
Years
I guess I should be reading Catching Fire! A friend made me see the movie (again) lately though, so I don't feel super inclined to pick up the book and take up where I left off, since I just saw the story and refreshed any little things I could have forgotten.

Of course, the first book was, in ways, quite different from the movie. Better, in much. So given some time, I'll probably keep reading the second part of the trilogy 8)

Back