• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Can you say two in a row?

I beat gold with scyther today

that's my third solo challenge beaten, so I decided to give a review on each one and side notes

Nidoqueen was my first solo challenge, and it was on red.It took a few tries, but at level 70-80 it was kind of easy. Difficulty was 5/10

Octillery was a pokemon I had never used before, but when it came up i tried it and it was a beast. Once it got to the 80s it could OHKO anything in its path. Difficulty 4/10

Scyther was a hard one. It had trouble with whitney, the first time ever i had trouble with her. Bruno's onix was hard and annoying, but a few swords dances it OHKO d it.
Difficulty was 8/10

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #12 with Weedle

Johto seems to be moving along MUCH faster than Kanto.

-I used X items to get through Jasmine.
-Went back to Mahogany Town, and beat Red Gyarados by running away from it (lol).
-Beat the Team Rocket hideout, Lance's Dragonite was really helpful to be on a team with.
-Beat Pryce with pretty much no trouble.
-Saved the Radio Tower (why were there so many TR guys there anyway? That took me forever, especially the first TR Executive with his Weezing and 5 Koffings).
-Beat Clair after a few tries using X items.
-Went and did the stuff in the Dragon's Den.
-Went and got the Master Ball
-Now I'm at the Kimono Girls, which is one of the most challenging parts of this somehow. I usually get through Umbreon with almost no health, and Espeon is both faster than me and it can OHKO me. Once I get through that I should be good for a little while. I forgot a picture with Jasmine so I took it right after the battle instead.

Pictures from this update:
Jasmine: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1208111214a_263876.jpg
Pryce: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1208111346a_291350.jpg
Clair: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1208111346a_291350.jpg

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
challenge: Ultimate pokemon Solo Challenge
solo pokemon being used: mankey/primeape
games: yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum/black

Avacaddo's Shadow

The Mysterious Fruit's Shadow!
Years
I'l do a Single Challenge, because I can't hack a poke onto a 3rd gen game. I don't own GameShark
Oh, Are you allowed to use HM Slaves as Healing fodder? Thanks.

Name - Avacaddo's Shadow

Pokemon - Eevee (Still figuring out what to evolve it into) /Platinum
(I'll trade over an Eevee holding a stone if thats OK w/ you)
I'll Start once you answer my questions ;)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'l do a Single Challenge, because I can't hack a poke onto a 3rd gen game. I don't own GameShark
Oh, Are you allowed to use HM Slaves as Healing fodder? Thanks.

Name - Avacaddo's Shadow

Pokemon - Eevee (Still figuring out what to evolve it into) /Platinum
(I'll trade over an Eevee holding a stone if thats OK w/ you)
I'll Start once you answer my questions ;)
Yep, HM slaves are okay.

Also guys, I'm at my house and not up at campus for the holiday season, and my internet is pathetic. I won't be able to update til the new year. Really sorry bout that. But congrats to SuperKirbyFan for that incredible Weedle victory.

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
Ultimate pokemon Solo Challenge

i delete my previously post, to start over my solo mankey/primeape challenge
so i can post videos of my progress

i hope this is allright

Last edited:

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
I'd like to sign up for an Ultimate Solo Challenge with Umbreon.
Game Name: Umbra
Username: Facelift

I already beat Sapphire, and I'm moving on to Fire Red.
s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/Facelifter2/

FR UPDATE:
After hacking in Umbreon, I did the usual routine, and battled Green. After beatin his wimpy charmander, I beat him yet again by the E4 entrance, this time with a LV9 Umbreon against his LV9 Charmander and Pidgey. Needless to say, it was very easy.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
I already beat Sapphire, and I'm moving on to Fire Red.
s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/Facelifter2/

"This is a Private Album

Please enter the password from album Facelifter2 to view this private album."

EDIT: I decided that as long as I'm posting here anyways, I may as well tell u guys what I'm doing. Currently I'm still stuck on the Kimono Girls. I'm trying to grind Weedle to be faster than Espeon, and I hate grinding. Also, myrrhman, that's fine and thanks!

Last edited:

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
"This is a Private Album

Please enter the password from album Facelifter2 to view this private album."

EDIT: I decided that as long as I'm posting here anyways, I may as well tell u guys what I'm doing. Currently I'm still stuck on the Kimono Girls. I'm trying to grind Weedle to be faster than Espeon, and I hate grinding. Also, myrrhman, that's fine and thanks!

Oh, dang. I'm sorry. It should be fine now.

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
Fire Red Beat

YAY!
I beat Kanto!
Spoiler:

LINK FOR SCREENIES:
s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/Facelifter2/Fire%20Red%20Solo%20Run%20Umbreon/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014

Pokémon FireRed: Azumarill Solo Run
Chapter 2: Viridian Forest, Poisoned Marill, Thanks to Weedle

Ah, it's been a long time since I had a challenge. Anyway, I have no internet connection so I might as well play this. So, I last saved in Pallet Town and off to Route 1 I go. Firstly, I got a Town Map. Then, I found a Rattata and defeated it with some Tackles. I decided to grind for a while and due to that, Marill's now level 7. Then, I arrived in Viridian and healed Marill. Now that I dealed with that old guy and got this useless Teachy TV, I arrived in Viridian Forest. I grinded and while grinding, I refuse to fight against Weedle. But, I had to fight against a trainer who had a Weedle and I was poisoned. Then, Marill fainted and did the Pokémon Center blah blahs. And I learned my lesson. Always buy potions, antidotes or whatever when travelling. Bought 3 potions and 7 antidotes and I will continue my journey again blah blah. So I grinded but, I didn't noticed that Marill was at level 8 lol. Then I have to fight this trainer with a Weedle who is at level 9 but I managed to defeat him. Made it to Pewter and found a Jigglypuff.
Didn't make me that sleepy. Anyway, I thought of battling Brock but...I guess I'll have to grind for a while. So, I grinded and, the end.

Marill ♀
~ Tackle, Defense Curl, Tailwhip
~ Level 9

[/COLOR]

80s.haircut.man

SuperBanned
Years
So I've just recently attempted to download VBA and all the necessary ROMs under my cousin's discretion and, amidst that little fiasco, I asked him what would be the best way to get acquainted with Pokémon on a very general scale. I told him I wanted an extreme challenge (just because of my competitive nature) and he led me here.

SO HERE I AM.

I'm going to try and make my way through an ultimate with Magikarp--my cousin's to blame.

Oh, and I've never actually owned a Pokémon game of my own. No background knowledge, no tactics... what could possibly go wrong?

80s out.

EDITx2:

125 - Magikarp
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I feel like trying to go through this with a Kangskhan. I got the time

^Magikarp huh, going to be impossible the first some levels. Doing something with Weedle or Caterpie is better as they at least have moves to use :3

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Will be starting an ultimate solo with Venusaur, playing in the order of:
FireRed->Crystal->Emerald->Diamond->White!
I'll get started right away.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Just soloed Pokemon Yellow with Ninetales, FAR too easy XD I only had difficulty with Giovanni. Any funner suggestions, guys?

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
So, I'm just posting so you guys know I'm not dead and haven't forgotten about this challenge, I just haven't been advancing. I'm currently grinding to beat the Kimono Girls still, they're all at Lvl 38 and Weedle is at Lvl 71.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Start of USC #4!

Started a new USC with Dunsparce!

Name: Voldy
Rival: Potter
Starter: Dunsparce (with A-Starter, replaced Bulbabsaur), named Nagini!

Well I'm too lazy to write everything out right now, so here's a screenshot dump.

Screens:
Spoiler:

I'm currently saved in the Celadon Gym.

Team Voldy:
Spr_3r_206.png

Nagini the Sassy Dunsparce, ♂ - L44 @ Cheri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Secret Power, Water Pulse, Rock Slide, Shock Wave

Slaves:
Meowth - Flash
Ch'Ding/Farfetch'd - Cut, Fly

Status