• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Firered Novus ROM BASE

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
pPhUcwQ.png

Contents:

1. Info about the Hack
2. Features
3. Media
4. Credits
5. Progress
6. Downloads
7: How to download
8: How to add extended Pokemon to A-Map
9: Bugs
10: Notes
11: Thanks
12: Support us
Rom Base​

Name
: Pokemon Novus Rombase (Was 870)
Base: Pokemon Fire Red 1.0 (U)
Creator: Jonkane/Broly9990
Special Thanks: MrDollSteak

About the Hack​

Pokemon Novus is a project that began for my own Pokemon Rom hack of Firered that would feature every single Pokemon as well as my own 151 Fakemon. Early on I decided I would try my best to help out other Rom hackers out there by adding every single Pokemon with complete stats, evolutions, moves, Dex entries, sprites and types. But with 151 blank spaces for you to add your own Pokemon!

So far this is early Alpha so there isn't much as far as content but what it does feature are 719 Pokemon with the correct evolutions, updated sprites for all Pokemon and correct types. This Alpha is mostly for testing or if people wanted to add all the remaining information themselves which I doubt a lot of People would want to do, so I will be doing that myself so you can jump straight into adding Fakemon.

Features in the Complete version
721 Pokemon
Cries for all Pokemon
Evolutions for all Pokemon
Correct types for all Pokemon
Updated Pokedex for all Pokemon
New items
Day and Night
Icons for all Pokemon
Space for 16 evolution
Updated sprites for all Gen 1,2 and 3 Pokemon
Sprites for every Gen 4, 5 and 6 Pokemon
New movesets
New types
Free Space to add in new Pokemon and/or your own Pokemon.

Play test Alpha (Coming soon)
The first playable version of the patch featuring Pokemon Generations 1 to 6, the idea of this Alpha is test out the evolution lines added in Generation 4 as well new items added in that generation. The Alpha is a completely playable version of Firered featuring new wild Pokemon, Gym leaders with added Pokemon and level changes to balance out the additional Pokemon they will be given. Trainers will have new Pokemon and more variety.

Some features in the Alpha are subject to change depending on player response and these changes will be present in the Beta. Here is a list of things to expect in the Alpha coming soon

Evolution changes and Methods:

Spoiler:

Gym Leader teams:
Spoiler:

Elite Four Changes:

Spoiler:

Included in the Alpha:
New items will be purchesable from the Celadon department store.
Correct moves for all Pokemon.
Pokedex entries for all Pokemon.
Icons and Sprites for all Pokemon.
Trainers with updated Pokemon teams.
Starter Pokemon in the wild.
Legendary Pokemon in the wild after completion of the game.

Not included in the Alpha:
Egg moves will not be in the Alpha.
Move tutor moves will not be in the Alpha.
Habitats will not be included.
Cries will not be added until the Beta.

Features in the Beta
The Beta will be a playable version of Pokemon Firered with all Pokemon available in the wild. Trainers will have new Pokemon teams featuring mostly generation 4,5 and 6 Pokemon. Gym leaders/ Elite four will have some extra Pokemon to battle. Legendary Pokemon will appear in the wild end game in a special area as I am simple to lazy to program an event for every single one of them.

This is meant for people to test out the patch and report any bugs. If enough people want I will also add a patch for a updated beta so people can simply play Firered with all Pokemon available instead of Rom hacking.

Features for the completed version
721 Pokemon
Additional Space for 151 Fakemon
All stats, evolutions, dex entires, icons and moves for all Pokemon so you can start adding your Fakemon straight away!
Updated Sprites for all Pokemon
Fairy type
Gen 6 type changes
Space for 32 Pokemon evolutions methods
Space for new items
Space for new types
New moves
New abilities
New evolution stones
Decapitalized text
Pokemon able to evolve without the need of the national dex
Run inside much like Generation 4 onward

Media
Spoiler:

Credits
Engine: EU Fire Red Engine, MrDollSteak Decapitalization and attack Patch

Sprites: Chaos Rush 64x64 Sprites Resources and Mr DollSteak DS-Style 64x64 Sprite Resources.

Tools: Karatekid552 and the people behind the Gen 3 suite tool

Expanding A-Map: GoGoJJTech

Special thanks: Dark Sneasel for allowing me to rip all the information on all Gen 4 Pokemon.
Ksiazek Bartlomiej for Hoopa and Volcanion sprites, icons and cries.

Special thanks: Broly9990 for adding movesets for all of Gen 5 as well as correcting errors.​

Progress
Progress to be updated every week

Stats: 75%
Moves:
70%
Evolutions:
100%
Pokedex:
100%
Move tutor:
50%
Egg moves:
50%
Sprites:
100%
Habitats:
60%

Downloads
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
When I used to hack FR, this took me months to make, and I only added up to Unova. Good job man! I sure coulda used this back then, so that means someone could use this now XD

Broly9990

This is amazing! I'd Love to do whatever I can to help with this! Especialy since I want to use it for my own rom hack.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Thank you so much everyone! I've edited the thread as I've added a new feature you should all like! Mega evolution!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2016
My criticisms:

- The mega-evolution mechanic you've proposed is far too different than the way mega-evolutions work in normal games and would put off many people from using the mega-evolution version of your patch. In addition to it being "too different", it would also be somewhat flawed as mega evolutions would be able to use normal items like leftovers after evolving, and all mega evolutions would be just as accessible as the next.
- Very few people will want all 719 Pokemon plus 151 of their own Pokemon in a game. A hack that manages to include all that would either be very huge or very cramped. For the majority of people (especially since the majority doesn't even use Fakemon), the space taken from a lot of the Pokemon would remain unused and thus become wasted space.

In order to fix these problems you could:

- Not include mega evolutions until a better way is found to do them. I honestly don't believe anybody would go for a sort of mega evolution system as it's so far from the original, and if they would, they'd likely do it themselves.
- Not include the 151 slots for Fakemon. G3HS could easily add slots for people who want them and if they don't, it wouldn't waste their space.

And don't get me wrong, but it seems like you're relying too much on MrDollsteak's patch while simultaneously not giving him enough credit.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
wow looks amazing great job. Keep up the great work man.

Crystar500

Stressed and Confused
Years
Very nice work. :) This should save time for a lot of people! Thanks for working on this and I hope you're successful at adding more features!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
This is exactly what I've been looking for! I mean I don't need the 151 fakemon, but that doesn't matter, good luck with this!

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I will try to edit the patch so everyone can have the choice of all 719 with/without the extra 151 fakemon space.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I'm going to update the download link so it should come with all the tools and be ready straight away. I'm not very good at writing instructions sorry haha.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
man i hope someone can port this over to a US fire red so all of us working with it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Wait. 719 pokemon? But oficialy pokemon number is 721. Where is Volcanion and Hoopa? ONly Diancie on the end?

If I can get the data for these Pokemon as well as sprites and icon I will add them. There is space for 870 Pokemon on this so adding these two would be no problem, I just don't have the information to add them at this moment.

Years
If I can get the data for these Pokemon as well as sprites and icon I will add them. There is space for 870 Pokemon on this so adding these two would be no problem, I just don't have the information to add them at this moment.

serebii has all the info on them and also has the icons :)

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Someone did sprites for them but u would need to resize them. But u need to ask permission to use them.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I am the one who did Volcanion and Hoopa sprites for GBA. So if you want I can share it with ya. Also i have Icons of them in my PC.

(Small update if you want) I prepare Number formes of Unowns <Using Limbo spaces between Celebi and Treecko) Seems legit. So 10 new formes would be great XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Oh I'll add them to the in then if there is no problem with using your sprites thank you!

Back