• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
How do I know if a ditto is japanese? Someone told me it is but it has an english nickname.

Anyone?

OutP!kas1derchu1988

Friendly Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 1, 2011
Elite Four help

What would be the best Pokemon team to take on the Elite Four in Pokemon Black? The Elite Four use dark, psychic, fighting, and ghost. I tried beating them once but I only beat the fighting type trainer. Can anyone help me out?

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
How to trade from heart gold to white?

I have beat both heart gold and white. Now how do i trade my pokemon from heart gold to white without wifi?(i have 2 ds's)

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • UAE
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
I beat the elite four from the first time with these

scrafty : crunch-hi jump kick-brick break-strenght(lvl50)
archeops: crunch-dragon breath-fly-u turn(lvl50)
dramatian : flare blitz- fire punch-hammer arm-facade(lvl50)

and of course i used other pokemons but just for using items

Years
I'm currently breeding for a Jolly Scraggy w/ IV31's in HP, Atk, and Speed. I have a Scraggy that I'm breeding that's Jolly w/ IV31's in Sp Def and Speed. Would it be better to get the IV's I want first, then look for the nature, or for me to breed for the IV's while keeping the nature?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You can't use your bike in the Battle Subway, so it would take significantly more time to hatch eggs in there.

The best place I can think of is getting on your bike and going through Skyarrow Bridge.

They asked specifically for places other than Skyarrow Bridge, and places where they wouldn't exit the area if they kept going without paying attention. I personally don't use that area because I go to the Airfield, but if you're not playing your game for a bit, you could easily go into the Subway, weigh down the button to run, and walk away for 10-15 min. If you're actively paying attention to the game it's not optimal, but if you want to hatch with literally minimal effort, the Subway is the way to go because you can hatch without even being there.

A Tell-Tale Heart

The Boy Who Waited...
Years
1. Go to the lab on Route 15 (east of Nimbasa) and talk to the scientist there to activate the Poké Transfer.
2. Turn on the DS with HeartGold in it (if you've set it to start the game automatically, you'll have to disable the setting temporarily) and go to "DS Download Play".
3. Download the Poké Transfer program to the second DS.
4. Choose six Pokémon from your PC in HeartGold to transfer to White.
5. You'll have to play a mini-game to capture the Pokémon. The Pokémon will jump out from behind the bushes and you'll have to hit them with a Poké Ball. If you see a little pink cloud, you can hit that with a Poké Ball to put all the Pokémon to sleep; this will allow you to catch them without waiting for them to jump out.
6. Once you've caught all six Pokémon or the time runs out, you can transfer all of the Pokémon you caught to White or replay the mini-game. Even if you don't catch all of them before the time runs out, the ones you did catch can still be transferred without having to re-catch all six (but you'll have to choose a new set of six Pokémon to use the Transfer again).

Years

They asked specifically for places other than Skyarrow Bridge, and places where they wouldn't exit the area if they kept going without paying attention. I personally don't use that area because I go to the Airfield, but if you're not playing your game for a bit, you could easily go into the Subway, weigh down the button to run, and walk away for 10-15 min. If you're actively paying attention to the game it's not optimal, but if you want to hatch with literally minimal effort, the Subway is the way to go because you can hatch without even being there.

The issue w/ hatching w/o you being there is that the game stops when an egg hatches.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
1. Go to the lab on Route 15 (east of Nimbasa) and talk to the scientist there to activate the Poké Transfer.
2. Turn on the DS with HeartGold in it (if you've set it to start the game automatically, you'll have to disable the setting temporarily) and go to "DS Download Play".
3. Download the Poké Transfer program to the second DS.
4. Choose six Pokémon from your PC in HeartGold to transfer to White.
5. You'll have to play a mini-game to capture the Pokémon. The Pokémon will jump out from behind the bushes and you'll have to hit them with a Poké Ball. If you see a little pink cloud, you can hit that with a Poké Ball to put all the Pokémon to sleep; this will allow you to catch them without waiting for them to jump out.
6. Once you've caught all six Pokémon or the time runs out, you can transfer all of the Pokémon you caught to White or replay the mini-game. Even if you don't catch all of them before the time runs out, the ones you did catch can still be transferred without having to re-catch all six (but you'll have to choose a new set of six Pokémon to use the Transfer again).

okay i did this once with the six pokemon i want in my heart gold party amd once with the six pokemon i want in the 1st pc box but it says on the ds with hg in it there is no six pokemon in the pc box to transfer? what next?

Years
okay i did this once with the six pokemon i want in my heart gold party amd once with the six pokemon i want in the 1st pc box but it says on the ds with hg in it there is no six pokemon in the pc box to transfer? what next?
do any of them have hm moves? if they do, then that will probably be why it says that. you can't transfer pokemon with hm moves.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The issue w/ hatching w/o you being there is that the game stops when an egg hatches.

But if you're not doing anything except waiting for the egg to hatch anyway, then the game would be stopped after you reach the point you want, you come back, press A, everything's fine, I don't see the problem.

Years
How do I know if a ditto is japanese? Someone told me it is but it has an english nickname.

Anyone?
You should now have a Japanese Pokédex entry for Ditto if it's Japanese. Also, how many letters does its name have? Japanese Pokémon can't have names longer than 5 characters. If you nickname a Pokémon in a japanese version in Romaji the letters will also look a bit different.
Though the Pokedex entry should be the main indicator of the Ditto's origin.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
When is the next event for Europe out?

Does anyone know when the next event for pokemon black and white in europe is and what are they giving away?

loveheartsxox

poke' fan for over 10 years
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 28, 2011
EV training Zoroark

I have obtained a Zoroark and was wondering how I could best EV train him. I was wondering whether or not I should maximise his speed and then share the rest of his EVs between his spec atk and base atk. Or should I maximise just his speed and spec atk? He knows the moves foul play and night slash. Are these not physcial moves which require an attack stat? Can someone help me out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I see people putting the thumbnails of pokemon in their sigs and in posts. I know theres an easy way to do this since im sure you don't find a url of the image and paste it everytime, but if you can tell me I would appreciate it :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I see people putting the thumbnails of pokemon in their sigs and in posts. I know theres an easy way to do this since im sure you don't find a url of the image and paste it everytime, but if you can tell me I would appreciate it :D

This thread is for questions about the games, not PC. Instead, just send a vm or a pm to one of those members with these thumbnails (idk, I don't see anyone with thumbnails, rather sprites, maybe explain better...?) and ask them how they did it.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
I used to be part of a trading forum much like PC, so I have boxfuls of EV'd and Shinies on my Platinum and I want to transfer them to BW. However, I do not believe each and every one is hack checked and someone said that if I transfer Pokémon to BW it "converts" them. What exactly does that mean? :/

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Question:

Is there a tier list of sorts for the movement speed of Pokemon when being PokeTransfered?

Not that that I find it difficult. Would like to know if the Pokemon have set movement speed or if it randomizes.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
At what point am I supposed to get strength? I got to victory road and saw a boulder and I thin.k I might've already missed it

Nimbasa City.

one of the houses just up and left, behind the Pokemon center.

the correct house has an Ace Trainer at a table

the wrong house has a trainer near a wandering Krokorok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back