• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you working on?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm usually working on something, be it a drawing, some photography project, my game, or perhaps graphics. So I imagine a lot of people like me always try to have at least a WIP laying around. Are there any pieces that you're currently working on now?

As for me, I'm working on getting back into the swing of graphics again. I was going to post an image of what I have so far but I figured I'll save the final product for my gallery or something along those lines. So feel free to post a screenshot of what you have so far too!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have that sort of comic thing that's posted here that I work on sometimes. Along with that is my project to draw the entire Kanto Pokedex as felines (because I'm better at drawing them than Pokemon).

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm working on a pixel style signature like Vaporeon7's but bigger and Pikakitten based, with elements from my hack like fakemon, a map, etc. It's coming along pretty good so far, and some avatars to improve my sprites :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Starting next year, I want to work on getting back into photography whether I have a good camera or not. xD I've gotten a bit of praise towards some pictures I've taken & posted on facebook, and well...I'm going to use that as encouragement to get back to that.

I'm also looking forward to getting back into graphic design. This coming semester, I will be taking an advanced leveled graphic design class with emphasis in advertising. I missed working on graphics and projects, it's something I love to do as a hobby. :)

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Scouring the black and white roms for graphics, traces of the original main character, so I can edit them, then testing afterwards..

You find a bunch of oddities in the game graphics too. Textures and such :P

Also have to draw the x-transciever images to replace, which could be fun.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Heh, what am I not working on would provide a shorter answer. Let's see:

Pokemon related:

I'll head this off by saying I'm always working on something here, but I have to maintain a website, so that's the overall reason.
  • Pixel art and sprites (no real reason than for practice)
  • Fan game/simulation
  • Comics
  • Far too many animated projects
And most of that is at the same darn time. Also, where would you even post non-sprite Pokemon based animations on this forum? Especially if you have less than four (because let's face it, one animation is a ba-jillion drawings and making four of them, if they're good, is way too time consuming).

Non Pokemon related:
  • A couple of games, one of which is just a proof-of-concept that'd be my project 100%, at least for now. I might need some help with polishing the code and maybe porting it to mobile devices. Anyway, it's just something to put a brand on.
  • Sketches of stuff, including the above mentioned game's art
And I'm still debating on whether I want to publish a dumb little indy comic, but I'm too tied down to worry about it (that, and I'd rather do art for games if I had to choose where to focus that energy). I've started sketching ideas but haven't done much more than that. I'll probably continue to kick the idea around for another year if I don't actually start it.

I'm doing one of these things a day. Not all day, but y'know.

Years
I'm hoping to start some little cute comics but first I've been doodling and drawing some pieces to try and develop a style. Not really a WIP per se, but that's what I'm working on regarding digital art in general.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Until a while ago, I was working on a theme based on Monet. It is pretty much done now, tbh.
As for stuff in general, I think I'm in a graphics block at the moment. Pretty much trying to get out of it and finish all those requests that have piled up in my shop. ;; There was a LP WIP but I guess I probably won't finish it anytime soon.

Years
I'm working on a few buttons and other graphics for a website I work for! There's also drawn digital artwork for myself of pretty much anything I can think of, since what I draw highly depends on my mood. I've been all over the place lately.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm trying to color on my computer a little bit more. Currently working on a cutesy pic of Pikachu and Raichu! ^o^

Other than that, my time is spent working on every unfinished piece I've ever posted in my gallery and working for Luke lol

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Programming logic algorithms for a custom AI for a game I'm working on. Also learning scripting, spriting, sound editing, and graphics editing on the side.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Gonna work on some icons (a requested Pikachu icon for one), maybe attempt making another tag, and I'm planning on drawing a few things for a few friends of mine who are sending me stuff. I just need to get on top of that, since I also have icons I need to finish coloring and making for a friend of mine, and another batch for another friend.

I also have a unfinished Pikachu drawing, but after looking at it again I don't like how pikachu came out at all. So either I will tweak it or just scrap it.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Personally I've been working on drawing mine and a friends D&D characters for over a week now, so far i have drawn... the face of one of them. Procrastination is a terrible thing.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
I am currently working on an artwork for the New Year's. I might not be able to finish that artwork since I don't have a lot of spare time since my winter vacation is about to end. That artwork might stay a work in process forever. The unfinished artwork is shown in the attachment.

I am also working on another piece of artwork, but I'd rather show it later when it's finished.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I am currently working on an artwork for the New Year's.

I have to ask, what's working with SAI like? I've seen a few people using it, I've only ever used photoshop really, is it compliant with tablets, and does it have any advantages over PS CS6?

I wish you luck with your project, and I hope you get it finished in time.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
1IkaT

My current WIP, a little fanart of Kaito's new Append design. *V* I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it though-- my coloring skills are subpar compared to the vision I had for this, hahaha...

Back