• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Ugh.
I'm gonna start this where I currently am.

Dewott Lv.27
male.gif

502.gif

Item: Mystic Water
Fury Cutter.
Razor Shell.
Water Pulse.
Focus Energy.

Sawk Lv.21
male.gif

539.gif

Item: None
Retaliate.
Bide.
Low Sweep.
Double Kick.

Herdier Lv.20
male.gif

507.gif

Tackle.
Bite.
Take Down.
Leer.

Sandile Lv.17
male.gif

551.gif

Sand-Attack.
Torment.
Sand Tomb.
Assurance.

Pidove Lv.16
female.gif

519.gif

Item: Quick Claw
Gust.
Air Cutter.
Leer.
Quick Attack.

Pansear Lv.16
male.gif

513.gif

Item: Eviolite
Scratch.
Cut.
Lick.
Incinerate.

Defeated Gym Leader Burgh!

Obtained Insect badge!
Healed Pokemon.
Defeated Bianca in Route 4 Gate!
Defeated Cheren on Route 4!
Received Xtransceiver call from Professor Juniper.
Travelled Route 4.
Obtained Ultra Balls from Professor Juniper!
Entered Nimbasa city!
Defeated Team Plasma Grunt!
Obtained Bicycle!
Used Ferris wheel with N.
*spoiler*
Spoiler:

*spoiler end*
Defeated N!
Obtained Props case!
Dressed up Pokemon with Bianca!
Competed in Pokemon Musical 3 times!
Obtained new prop!
Competed in Pokemon Musical 2 times!

Still playing, so wait for updates!

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Defeated Clay at the Driftveil gym and headed for Chargestone cave, Bianca gave me HM02 Fly, I had planned to teach fly to Emolga but I found it can't learn fly so I've replaced Emolga with a Joltik which I caught in Chargestone cave, I'll be catching a Vullaby as soon as I get a chance (Dark/Flying) which will also cover the empty spot on my team (I was planning to add a dark type anyway), I'm just making my way through Chargestone cave battling Plasma grunts.

Team:

Pignite Lv31
Palpitoad Lv31
Simisage Lv31
Joltik Lv31
Gothita Lv31

I was also given a lucky egg by Professor Juniper which has come in handy for training Joltik from Lv25, I'll probably swap it between all of my team so that everyone gains from it, I'm planning to get my team to about Lv35-37 before I go to the next gym

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
My name is Exalts and yesterday I began my journey alongside my childhood friends Cheren and Bianca.

It all started when a local professor, Prof. Juniper, came and dropped off a parcel at my house. We were all excited because we knew it was a Pokémon for each of us! I picked the grass-type, Snivy, and gave him a name, Tempo. Then we set out. On my way to Accumula, I captured a Purrloin and named him Marik, and then I met N.

N was stood alongside us, as we watched a bunch of wierdos named Team Plasma make a speech about Pokémon liberation. I had to admit that their words held some truth. N spoke to me and Cheren and then we battled. I wasn't too sure as I hadn't battled a lot, except against my friends, so I was happy to win, but N didn't hang around. I was a little upset as he had seemed nice.

Cheren told me to go and challenge the first gym. It was over in Striaton, so I made my way there. After investigating the area, a strange person offered me a Pokémon and I felt bad that the poor thing existed only to be given away, so I accepted the Panpour and named him Pendant, giving him a place in my team. With Tempo, Marik and Pendant by my side, I sailed through the first gym, defeating Chili easily, and earned the Trio Badge!

Then I met with Fennel, Prof. Juniper's friend. She sent me to find the Pokémon Munna, so I went into the Dreamyard. Bianca was already there, but as we found the Munna, Team Plasma attacked. I managed to hold them off long enough for Munna's friend Musharna to create a dream that would scare them away. We took the Dream Mist back to Fennel and I moved on to route three.

After a little training, Bianca and Cheren showed up. It turns out Plasma had struck again, this time stealing someone's Pokémon. Cheren and I confronted them and returned the Pokémon and then I moved on. I caught two new Pokémon: a Pidove, who I named Fawke, and a Blitzle I called Comet.

My team kept getting stronger and stronger as I made my way through the route and finally hit Nacrene City! It was very late by then, so I checked into the Pokémon Center for the night and hit the hay.

In the morning, after a little training, I met N at the entrance to the gym. We talked and battled, and he said maybe we could be friends, which made me happy, but he also said something about a Pokémon named Reshiram? I didn't know what he was talking about so he left, and then I went into the Gym. There was a museum in the front with a number of Pokémon fossils and even a meteorite, and the curator informed me that the gym was at the back, so I went through and found the leader, Lenora. It was a tough battle but I managed to scrape through at the end and won the Basic Badge.

However, Team Plasma turned up again, and this time, they had the nerve to steal an ancient fossil right from under Lenora's nose! Me and Burgh, a Gym Leader from Castelia Town, chased the goons through Pinwheel Forest, eventually managing to defeat the wrong-doers and take back the precious fossil. Just as I won the battle against the group's leader, Tempo, my dear Snivy, began to glow strangely... there was a burst of light and he had grown bigger and looked stronger. He had evolved into a Servine!

After giving the fossil back to Lenora, I moved on, heading for Castelia. Skyarrow Bridge was wonderful, giving me views I'd never seen before and ushering me through to Castelia City. It's there that I stand now, ready to view the city and preparing for battle against Burgh!

496MS.png
509MS.png
515MS.png
519MS.png
522MS.png

Spoiler:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've just got the game today and so far have beat the first gym leader and I am looking for a Drilbur in Wellspring Cave. I have also raised my Pignite (Bacon) to level 19.

Planned Team
Emboar (Bacon)
Jellicient (Squishy)
Whimsicott
Gothilette (Umbra)
Excadrill (Monty/Molly depending on gender)
Hydreigon

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
May as well boogy down with you cool kids.

I've spent 2 hours on this game and I'm only at Wellspring cave! >:
I'm looking for good natures ;; Bold Pignite so far ;; and I'm looking for a Timid/Modest Woobat.

So my team...;

Pignite Lv20
- Arm Thrust.
- Ember
- Tail Whip
- Flame Charge.

Pansage Lv10
- Cut
- Scratch
- Leer
- Vine Whip.

I'll add sprites when I cba. ;;

Rensider

Do as the Snamor do.
Years
Got my Axew and the Jet Badge is now my favourite badge. I also got two Cubchoos in Twist Mountain. Beat the seventh gym and am currently making my way through Dragonspiral Tower.

My current team:

Emboar (M) Lv 42
Zoroark (F) Lv 42
Unfezant (M) Lv 42
Simipour (M) Lv 43
Fraxure (F) Lv 39
Watchdog (M) Lv 27

Brycen was kind of a push over. Took out all his Pokémon with Unfezant. I bought about 64 Pokéballs as well.

marcc5m

what
Years
Got my Pokemon White today :D
Currently at Nacrene city, and so far it's my favourite Pokemon game. I'm a little under-leveled though, so I'll have to fix that xD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Got my Pokémon Black today in Gamestop.
Pokémon B/W came out on my Birthday yesterday so I feel pretty awesome about it :D

Picked Snivy. I liked the opening battles, they livened up the monotonous first part of the game where they slowly explain what a Pokémon centre is, even though I've been playing these games for ten years >.>
Ive just obtained my first gym badge and encountered Team Plasma in the Dreamyard. Conemplating whether Panpour worth keeping because there's other good water types in the game... o.o

My team:

Snivy Lvl. 13

Panpour Lvl. 11

Purrloin Lvl. 11

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've just got the game today and so far have beat the first gym leader and I am looking for a Drilbur in Wellspring Cave. I have also raised my Pignite (Bacon) to level 19.

Planned Team
Emboar (Bacon)
Jellicient (Squishy)
Whimsicott
Gothilette (Umbra)
Excadrill (Monty/Molly depending on gender)
Hydreigon

Instead of Gothilette, I'm having the zebra because it *looks* awesome and I had no Pokemon that were strong against flying types. :P

Anyway, I've got to the city with the normal type gym. I caught a Drilbur, although it's female but I can work with that. i should be trying to get good-natured Pokemon but I cba. That's probably why my team keeps fainting (well, except Pignite.) The zebra and mole are pretty useless atm. Drilbur just learnt Dig, so it should be a bit better. ^^

Kon~

Years
We spent a while looking around Castelia City - it really is a beautiful place. I met Cheren outside the gym and we chatted, and I helped a band of dancers unite in front of the fountain. Castelia was certainly a busy place, with lots of people running around. One of the boats accepted my Liberty Pass and offered to take me to the Liberty Garden, but I decided I wanted to battle Burgh before that happened.

However, things soon took a turn for the worst and it ended up being because of Team Plasma - AGAIN! It turned out they'd gone after a Munna again, but instead of abducting one from the wild, they stole Bianca's! Burgh and a trainer named Iris helped me battle against them, and at the end of the battle, something strange happened to my Purrloin. It began to glow and shine, like Tempo did before he evolved, and sure enough, Marik became a Liepard! He's so pretty, I just want to hug him!

Inside the Plasma base, Ghetsis, who had spoken before in Accumula Town, told us about his aim to make Pokémon free, just like the creation legend with the white Dragon. Iris knew something about the white Dragon too, but before I could work anything out, Team Plasma left.

I checked the building to see if N was hanging around, but he was nowhere to be seen. D:
I miss him. :(

I checked out the gym but Burgh looked really strong, so after a little more sightseeing, I went back to the forest to do some training. If I get strong enough while training, we'll take on Burgh tonight, but I might try again in the morning. After all, we already got one badge today. I'm sure we can wait a night to earn another!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Well, I'm definitely finding myself doing a lot more grinding than I used to do in previous games. I don't know if this is maybe due to lower EXP rate, or more EXP needed for level ups, or just an absence of trainers (I think not, at least there are a lot of storyline trainers). I doubt it's any of these things really, since those things aren't really true about this game. Maybe it's because I'm spreading out my training over more pokemon because hey, I actually like this gen's pokemon and can't choose which ones to train. So I got a bigger party than normal for this part of the game.

I'm just training at Pinwheel Forest reading myself for the gym leader at Nacrene City.

Team:

Ottah - DEWOTT - lvl 17 - WATER
- Razor Shell
- Focus Energy
- Water Gun
- Water Sport

Zeb - BLITZLE - lvl 16 - ELECTRIC
- Quick Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Charge
- Shock Wave

Pidgey - PIDOVE - lvl 16 - NORMAL/FLYING
- Gust
- Air Cutter
- Work Up
- Quick Attack

Judo - THROH - lvl 12 - FIGHTING
- Rock Smash
- Leer
- Bide
- Focus Energy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
So I've beaten Lenora and Burgh now. Burgh was shockingly easy to beat. Only his Leavanny hit me once with razor leaf cause it was faster than my Darumaka.

I'm on my way to Nimbasa City now finally after taking a detour to catch a Yamask and pick up the cover fossil.

Dewott (M) Lv 25
Gurdurr (F) Lv 25
Darumaka (M) Lv 25
Yamask (F) Lv 24
Whirlipede (F) Lv 25

I feel my team is finally starting to come into it's own, around Striaton/Nacrene City my team was a bit hopeless but we're making waves now. :p I want my final team member to be a Solosis.

Then that might be my final team, although if a pokemon I want more comes along Whirlipede would be the most likely to take the fall.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Got bored and just went with my serious Woobat.

Grinded it up to Lv20 and took on Lenora with my Lv20 Pignite and Woobat.

Finished the events in Pinwheel forest. Arrived in Castelia ~ Decided to visit the GTS. Looked for a Sewaddle, traded a Lv24 one for my Lv10 Pansage :3 Its Jolly to! :D

Kon~

Years
When the sun went down, I went a-grinding.

When I was younger, I didn't understand what was meant by grinding, and I think I got the wrong impression, because I was certain it was illegal. But as my team and I entered the Battle Company of Castelia City, the word took on it's true meaning: I was working hard to make us stronger. When I thought we were finally ready, we entered Castelia Gym.

Burgh was waiting for me, and the battle we had was fierce. More than once, I thought I was done for by my Pokémon were there for me, and they fought well. It was a struggle to reach the end, and when we finally prevailed, I have to admit, my jaw dropped. It dropped even further when, as Burgh was handing me the badge, my dear Pidove, Fawke, began to glow - he was evolving! The light cleared and he had grown bigger and more colourful; a Tranquill!

As we were leaving the city to head on to Nimbasa, Bianca called me on the Xtranceiver and asked for a battle. I met up at the entrance to route 4 and we had a battle, which I won, but Bianca wasn't upset because she felt she was learning about Pokémon.

I went out onto route 4 - and nearly choked. It was covered in sand which a heavy wind had whipped into a sandstorm! It was all in my eyes and nose and mouth, and it was hard to walk in. I had to put a scarf over my lower face and squint as closely as possible, which was probably why I didn't see Cheren until he was asking me what was wrong. And then, of all things, he challenged me to a battle! Of course, I won, but it was only due to type match-ups - he let me have the advantage of picking second so I could always out-type him.

I fought long and hard through the sandstorm, occasionally stopping for battles or to shelter in alcoves and behind girders - there was some kind of construction work going on. When I got to Nambisa City, surprise surprise, Team Plasma were causing trouble. I beat one of the goons off and the man they had been attacking gave me a bike for my trouble - people are really generous around here. o__o

The two goons ran into the fairground, but I had to go to the Pokémon Center before I could chase them. Then, I ran into Bianca who showed me to the Pokémon Musical. I tried telling her I had somewhere I had to be, but she insisted, and then, when we got there, decided it wasn't for her and ran off again. What the Mew, Bianca?! When I peeked outside, I saw why she had freaked out. Her father had showed up out of the blue and was threatening to send her home. I tried to get past them - c'mon, guys, I have bad guys to catch - but Bianca roped me into things and tried to use me as defense against her stupid father. What the Mew, Bianca?!?!

Of course, I can't go and run after the bad guys yet. Elesa of all people shows up and puts a stop to things. Elesa! A gym leader and world-famous model! And she doesn't care that the bad guys have probably been able to go twice around the ferris wheel and escape by now!

I finally pull away and run into the fairground, Poké Balls ablaze, ready to kick Plasma butt, and N shows up.

What bad guys?

Me and N go on the Ferris Wheel together. ♥ It's a perfect date, the sun is setting in the background and the lights are coming on, and there's just me and N sat alone in a ferris compartment. Could this moment be any more perfect?

"I'm the king of Team Plasma."

Waitwhat.

We get off the Ferris Wheel. Moment's ruined. The goons show up but I got over them a while back. N confuses them with logic and we have a battle - mainly because I'm angry that he deceived me like that. Of course, I win, because my anger is my Pokémon's anger. Oh, and we're really really strong. N seems kind of upset too, but then he says something that makes my blood boil. He says he wants every trainer to release their Pokémon, and to make it happen, he's willing to become champion, and he wants me to be the one to try and stop him once he's gotten that far. And then N leaves with the Plasma goons... HIS Plasma Goons. D:<

Well, I don't know whether to be angry about what he wants to do or flattered that he asked me to be his challenger. After all, that moment on the Ferris Wheel was sort of a date... ♥

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
To the above poster: if you love him now, you'll love him even more for what he asks you to do later on.

Well, last night I reached Opelucid City in preparation for battle with the final Gym leader. Its prior to this and just after the 7th Gym that the story begins to kick off properly so i won't spoil it for anyone, but I'm really enjoying this game so far. Haven't had any problems with Gym leaders or training or whatever.

I did however run into my first Shiny of Generation 5: a female Tranquil, who is now an Unfezant. I decided not to use her though as I had another Unfezant in my team already, but I'm really happy that I came across one in my third day of playing Gen V when I never came across one in five years of the fourth gen.

Unfezant Lv. 45
Cinccino Lv. 45
Ferrothorn Lv. 45
Zebstrika Lv. 50
Samurott Lv. 50
Mienfoo Lv. 39

Currently grinding them all to level 50 before I face the final gym.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've started a new game since I hated my Pokemon having dreadful natures. :L Now, both my Pignite and Blitzle have an adamant nature (+att, - sp att), while my Drilber has a quirky nature (which basically does nothing, but I don't mind.) I'm currently at Route 3 trying to get my Pokemon to level 20. Currently, my Pignite is level 20, while Blitzle and Drilber are level 19.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I've had my games for 2 hours now. I'm playing through White first. I just reached Route 2 and caught myself the cutest Purrloin. ^-^

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
I've reached Castelia city now and after A LOT of exploring I headed out to Route 4 to catch a Sandile :) [Thank god I could catch it before the road-block]

Probably gonna grind a bit for Castelia gym, problem is, I dont seem to know where it is >.> *noob* I regret not purchasing the guide with my game in GameStop now :L

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I just past the first N event. I actually love the way the game looks.

here's my current team:

501.png

lvl 7
Growl
Tackle
Water Gun

506.png

lvl 7
Tackle
Growl
Bite
Odor Sleuth

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I've restarted also my Black game, I didn't like Serperior a lot.
Now I'm already in Chargestone Cave, training my 5th team member.

Pignite Lv. 34 - Rollout, Arm Thrust, Grass Knot, Heat Stamp
Stoutland Lv. 34 - Dig, Retaliate, Work Up, Crunch
Gigalith Lv. 33 - Strength, Gem Power, Rock Slide, Bulldoze
Sigilyph Lv. 34 - Synchronoise, Fly, Air Slash, Psybeam
Joltik Lv. 26 - Electroweb, Bug Bite, Volt Switch, Slash

I think my last team member will be Axew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back