• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Zeta Emergence (IC Thread)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
SIGN-UPS ARE ARE OPEN IN OOC THREAD | OOC THREAD HERE

→ Introduction

Hey guys, my name is Jake♫. I came up with this RP idea a few years back, and actually created it in 2010, but due to real life restraints I had to end it early. I've always had this idea in the back of my mind, and now that I have more free time due to a light class load, I felt like it would be the best time to bring this back to life. For the most part I have the entire plot figured out either in my mind or written down somewhere, but it's definitely far from perfect (but what writing piece is perfect anyways?). Hopefully you'll embark on this idea of mine and enjoy it!

→ Plot

Fifty years. Fifty years have passed since the stories of many heroes have taken place. Red and Gold have aged, leaving battling behind in favor of research, following in the footsteps of Professor Oak and Professor Elm, respectively. The professors of old have passed away, being replaced by trainers of legend. Some Gym Leaders remain in their positions, while others have handed the reins to the apprentices of their choosing.

Fifty years. Fifty years since the stories of the heroic Gold ventured through the Johto Region and vanquished Team Rocket once and for all. For fifty years the Johto Region has been free from villainy from any evil team. Team Rocket disbanded, keeping both Kanto and Johto safe. Team Galactic was defeated in the Sinnoh Region by a trainer named Diamond. Both Team Aqua and Team Magma faced the same fate at the hands of Ruby. Black, another young trainer, saved Unova from the hands of Team Plasma. For the first time, there had been a time of peace between all the regions, and everyone felt like that peace would stay.

Or would it?

Fifty years. Fifty years have passed, and a new evil team, Team Zeta, have emerged to the Johto Region. Their objective: To capture Lugia and Ho-Oh, who have both been in their resting places, as nothing has disturbed the peace. With access to the sky and sea, control of the Johto Region, and eventually the entire Pokémon world, is surely theirs. There is no limit to what Team Zeta will do to achieve their goal, whether it is stealing Pokémon or using their own to attack humans to further their plans. According to them, ruling the world isn't just a scheme, it's a necessity.

→ Your Role

Professor Gold has been recruiting new trainers to begin their journeys in the Johto Region. He remembers his journeys fondly, and wants to give other young hopefuls the same chance to explore the Pokémon that was presented to him. Each new trainer has been invited to New Bark Town to receive a Pokémon from him to start their journeys.

However, Gold is well aware of the appearance and the disruption that Team Zeta has started to cause. The thought of Team Rocket appearing at the Slowpoke Well, and then throughout the rest of his journey throughout the region, is constantly floating through his mind. He took down Team Rocket without intending to when he started his journey, but what would happen if the new trainers venturing out had this as part of their goal? As a group, they could be even more effective than he and his counterparts throughout the other regions did individually.

You have signed up to take part in a traditional Pokémon journey, but not without a catch. Defeating Gym Leaders will go hand-in-hand at gaining more allies for fighting against the large numbers that Team Zeta already possesses. Are you willing to step up to the plate?

→ Rules

→ As expected, follow all of Pokécommunity and Roleplay Corner's rules.
→This RP is rated T. As such, romance and some light swearing is okay, violence without any gore is acceptable.
→ This RP will take place in chapters. If you don't like that, don't sign up.
→ There are currently 1 slots available. Including myself, I'm only looking for 9 participants. Even though there are more starters than players, once it hits 9, sign-ups are closed.
→ No bunnying another person's character, unless they have given you permission to do so.
→ As always, no godmodding. Your character isn't invincible.
→ I'd like to see this RP make it to the end, so unless you are committed and can stay active, please don't rob someone else the chance to sign up!
→ Some sense of grammar and proper spelling are important, so please try your best!
→ Creating your own NPCs as a side-story is perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged. Same goes for player-to-player joint posts. And the latter might net you more rewards than a regular post.
→ Sign-up reservations will last two days, once that time is past I'm sorry, but anyone else can try for that slot.
→ Let's have fun through this crazy journey!​

→ Sign-Up Form

→ Name (First and Last)
→ Age (Ages 12-18)
→ Gender
→ Personality (A good 2-3 paragraphs minimum)
→ Appearance (Either a good 2-3 paragraph minimum, or a picture with some supplemental text)
→ History (A good 3 paragraphs minimum)
→ Starter Selection (With your choice of one egg move)
→ RP Sample (Just so I can see how you RP. If you don't have one make up a little prologue explaining why you're leaving for the journey.)​

→ Starters

Spoiler:

→ Roleplayers

king_nick72 as King Satoshi
Spoiler:

romdinner as Catherine "Kat" Primrose
Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo as Lynn Colthearts
Spoiler:

Somniac as Ffion Caera
Spoiler:

{Swan} as Hwang Feifei
Spoiler:

Puppeteer Mask as Jamie Holladen
Spoiler:

Century as Nycteus "Nick" Richards
Spoiler:

lacoste as Gael Marcusson
Spoiler:

→ Current Chapters

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Chapter 1 → New Bark Town (1-2 Posts)

New Bark Town: The town where the winds of a new beginning blow. One of five places where new trainers tend to start their journeys as Pokémon Trainers. Replacing Professor Elm, Professor Gold now stands as a new trainer's first gateway into the Pokémon World. An event of which is supposed to be peaceful and joyous for both the trainer and professor.

But oh how times have changed…

Professor Gold is sitting in his office, in front of his computer, staring at the clock. He's waiting for the new trainers, or should he say, recruits, to make their way to the lab. It's D-Day: Turning the pure joy of a new trainer's journey into a quest to save the region, and most likely a quest that he knows these new trainers more than likely don't even want to be involved with.

The TV flashes: Team Zeta has been spotted in Violet City. Officers have no leads on what their motive to occupy Violet City is, but they are determined to discover it and the spot they are currently hiding in.

---

Today is the day. It is the day you will meet Professor Gold, to be given your first Pokémon, and to start your journey around the Johto region. Little do you know what you and the other new trainers are getting yourselves into. When you arrive at the lab, Gold will be nothing but smiles. He hands over your new Pokémon, some Pokéballs, and a Pokédex, and explains how to use them. Suddenly, his face turns solemn. He explains to you the threat of Team Zeta, their goal to capture Lugia and Ho-Oh to conquer the Johto region, and of their appearance in Violet City. Will you accept this quest?

What you MUST do:
→ Explain how you made it to New Bark Town
→ Speak with Professor Gold, receiving your Pokémon, Pokéballs, Pokédex
→ Have Gold explain the threat that is Team Zeta
→ Leave for Route 29

What you CAN do:
→ Explore New Bark Town before you leave
→ Interact with each other or any NPCs that you wish

Years
King checked his watch. It was 12:00 P.M exactly. From his bag, King pulled out his map and checked it. Again and again, he looked at the sign that says
"Welcome to New Bark Town. Home of Professor Gold"
"Well then," King spoke to himself
"This looks like the place"
From Olivine City, King got a ride from his good friend Noah's mother to goldenrod city since she had to go there anyway. From there, King hitchhiked to Cherrygrove City where he was able to walk to New Bark Town. King stepped in to City with confidence and excitement of his new journey. King looked around to locate the lab where professor gold is. After a little while a young woman who looked like she was in her 20s came up to him and asked,
"Excuse me young man, but are you lost?"
King turned his head to the woman and responded,
"yes I am. Can you point me in the direction of Prof. Gold's lab?"
The young woman nodded her head and pointed to a house across from where they were. King thanked her and started walking. Upon reaching the door, King took a deep breath and opened the door.

King was staring into the lab of Professor Gold. King started to become more and more nervous with each step.
"Weird" King thought
"It looks like I'm the first one here"
King then saw a old man staring at his computer.
"excuse me," King spoke up to break the silence
The old man looked up
"I'm looking for professor gold, do you know-"
Why do you want to meet prof. Gold young man?" The old man interrupted
"I am here to get my first pokemon from him"
"Well then," the old man spoke
"you're looking at him!"
King was a little surprised. He thought that prof. Gold would have been younger like the woman King met outside.
"Ok then," Prof. Gold spoke up
"choose your very first pokemon that will be with you for your very first pokemon"
Prof. Gold then threw out 20 pokeballs.

"POP!" The pokeballs went and 20 different pokemon came out.
"here we have our usual pokemon starters, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, but because of the high demand of trainers I have decided to add even more pokemon from the other reigons, such as bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, sneasel, evee, treeko, torchic, mudkip, swablu, turtwig, piplup, chimchar, riolu, snivy, tepig, oshawott, and finally solosis. You have a huge selection to choose from"
King looked at each of the pokemon.
"I should choose snivy, tepig, or oshawott since I am from the unova reigon" King thought to himself. He took a good look at all of the pokemon,then when he came to riolu he saw something in riolus eyes. The look that riolu had was like his,confidence and joy. Something in his heart told him to choose riolu.
"Prof. Gold.... I choose Riolu!!!"
"Ahhh, Riolu, thats a good pokemon, be sure to give it lots of love"
King crouched where riolu was and said to him
"Hi there riolu, I'm King and I'm going to be your partner from here on out. Is that cool?
"RI RI!" Riolu spoke up with excitment
"OK then King, here is you pokedex, and your pokeballs. You are also gonna need riolu's pokeball to"
King took the pokedex and pokeballs and replied
"Thank you"

King responded as he took the pokedex and pokeballs.
King then began to head out the door, Prof. Gold then shouted to King
"King wait!"
King stopped in his tracks to turn around to here what he had to say
"Be careful in Violet City. The evil Team Zeta has been spotted there"
"Team Zeta?"
"You havent heard of them?"
"No I haven't because of the fact that my aunt was a bit overprotective of me"
"Team Zeta is a evil group of people that are attempting to capture ho-oh and Lugia and conquer the world"
"Understood professor i will be careful. Also, if you don't mind, I would like to stay here and meet the other people who come here to get there first pokemon."
"I don't see any reason wrong with that. OK you may stay"

King thanked Prof. Gold, sat down, and checked out his pokedex. That pokedex and pokeballs was his first step to his goal, the pokemon league. King scanned riolu with his pokedex to check out his moves. It knew quick attack, foresight, endure, and sky uppercut. King and riolu sat on a sofa, waiting for the other trainers that would occasionally come and get their first pokemon like King did.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Chapter 1 → The Dawn of the New Moon

300px-New_Bark_Town_HGSS.png
The gentle, calm breeze of the peaceful place of New Bark Town was always common for the town's population of people and pokemon. A couple of children were out playing with their young pokemon, as the majority of the townsfolk were either outside or in their homes, performing their daily routines. Even in the calm laboratory, the young Professor Gold was inside, attending to his own matters. As the world turns, the spirits of the world also revolves. At least that's what young Lynn Colthearts believed from her family. Lynn had always believed in the occult, and the undead. While that may of been quite out there to the public eye, it was quite normal for the Colthearts family clan. However, Lynn normally prefers not to talk about her family in a casual matter, but she still holds to her ideals that will unite her broken family once again. However, to her, that was a tale for another time. Right now, it was time for her to press on to important matters: it was the time to meet the good Professor Gold today.

Professor Gold was busy in the laboratory, speaking with his aides about a rising concern. One can easily tell from the concerned look from their faces, of course. That was until the front door knocked exactly eight times. Soon it opened, with the young Lynn Colthearts entering inside.

"Excuse me..." Lynn addressed upon entering. She saw the men grouped together, as they all looked upon her. "Oh, I'm sorry! Am I interrupting? I have heard that this was the laboratory of Professor Gold, but... should I come back later?"

"No trouble at all!" the professor greeted. "Come right in! These are just my aides!"

"Just his aides he says..." one of the aides repeated in a whisper to the other as he shook his head in disbelief. "Such a wise guy."

"Now you've probably know this by now," the professor continued. "But I am Professor Gold. Who might you be, young lady?"

"My name is Lynn," Lynn addressed with a follow-up bow. "Lynn Colthearts. Professor it's quite an honor to meet you! I knew that from Feng-Shui that the lucky number 8 will be my guide on meeting you today, thus building up plenty of good karma for the both of us!"

"Well, that is quite interesting!" Professor Gold said with a smile. "Although, excuse me if I know next to nothing about... um... what did you call it? Fang-Sushi?"

"Feng-Shui," Lynn corrected. But her concern rose. "Professor! H-Have you not addressed the proper ritual of calming the spirits of the structured building in years?! The spirits will become restless! A-A curse will be upon everyone here!! But don't worry! I will help you there!"

"O-Oh no!" replied Professor Gold. "Really, you don't have to--"

"Fei-sha-ko-op-no-tuai-ju-fo-tai-no-feng-qui-o-shi-ko-a-ne!" Lynn chanted, but with her result ended up in intrigued looks from the professor and from his aides. "The ritual is complete! May the spirits rest knowing this building will not become a horrible, and might I add, unholy monster that will tear everyone limb from limb, devouring the precious souls of pokemon and humans alike!"

"Uh... Thank you!" thanked Professor Gold, as his aides exchanged glances. "Now then Lynn, you being here means that you want to become a pokemon trainer, correct?"

"Oh yes, of course!" Lynn smiled. "I have read many books such as The adventures of Sasha and Pikachu! For while Sasha was a upcoming pokemon trainer as well, she was not the best. However, her belief and love for pokemon has led her to travel to many places and to meet many people! I want to experience that as well! Along with my own partner pokemon... out in the world, battling pokemon trainers, collecting gym badges, and cleansing the souls of tainted spirits as I remove each potential curse for our citizens of Johto! And if all goes well, maybe... just maybe... I can finally..."

"Maybe?" Professor Gold repeated. "Just... maybe what? Do you have another goal in mind?"

Lynn didn't answer. She simply turned away as she looked straight up in the ceiling, and look out of the roof window, toward the light-blue sky.

"Lynn?" said the Professor, trying to get her attention. "Uh... Lynn?"

"Professor, can't you see's having a flashback?" one of his aides pointed out.

"Oh um... yes..." said Professor Gold, after he cleared his throat. "It is as you say... I guess."

It all started upon Lynn's hometown: Ecruteak City. a Taillow was flying back towards its nest, through the clear, crisp sky that commonly hosted flying typed pokemon. This Taillow was oddly colored by other common blue Taillow; it had a sea-green hue, along with patches of orange on their chest and forehead, the patch on their forehead having a triangular upper tip. It had been hunting for its lunch for a while now; but so far, no such luck.

However, it wasn't as though it was completely out of luck. No, the variety of pokemon it normally feasted upon was not generally found in the area in which it housed its nest on. That was because of fear. What was that fear? Well, the wild Taillow would soon find the answer to that question, as before it knew it, it was visited by a strange turquoise gas-like figure, that seemed to have materialized from virtually out of nowhere. The Taillow was surprised, as it flew backward a few feet, flapping its wings at a faster rate. The ghostly figure had its wide eyes fixed on the surprised Taillow with its pearly white and sharp looking white fangs that stuck out from its sinister applying smile.

"Gasssst....ly..." (Hello... Good day...) The figure tried to greet, however, due to its spooky first impressions, the wild Taillow became so frightened that it turned around, flapping its wings as fast and hard as it can, flying away from the figure as fast it could. The ghostly presence was puzzled, as it wondered why an innocent creature would try to escape the simple act of saying hello. However, it was unable to further think of this situation, as it was soon to be called upon.

"Gaaaaastlyyyyy!" a voice, apparently belonging to a female. "Gastly, where are you?"

The figure, also known as a Gastly, recognized that voice, as it soon de-materialized from the sky. An ancient-Japanese looking house could be seen just a few feet away from the wild Taillow's nest. The house, having this old-Japenese feel to it, was primary made out of strong wood and bamboo, while inside, one can gain access to all of the separate rooms just by passing through sliding doors. Also inside the house, the familiar turquoise-colored ghastly soon materialized into the humble home. It surveyed around the house, searching for someone. It soon figured out where that someone was, as the voice called out to it again. Gastly soon levitated through the solid doors, thanks to its ghostly figure, only to be acquainted by a girl. Lynn.

"Gastlyyy...Gas..." (Good day... Master Lynn...) Gastly said, grabbing Lynn's attention.

"Ah, there you are, Gastly!" Lynn said. "Mother already stated: You really shouldn't go off scaring locals anymore. You'll get 7 years of bad karma!"

"Gastly... gassss..." (But I simply wanted to converse what is their favorite color...) Gastly explained.

"Anyway, mother wants you in the training hall," Lynn explained. "You better go, or else the ghosts of Hades will grab you for negligence."

"Gassss...ly... gass..." (I understand... Good day... Master...) Gastly said, bidding adieu. It de-materialized once again, as it was soon not viable to Lynn, a young 17 year old girl, anymore.

Soon Lynn found herself walking around her Japanese-esque home, deep in her own thoughts. The power of the Colthearts had run through the veins of her body like none other before. She was destined to be the master of the Colthearts. However, this was not what she wanted. While her title was prestige and respected, it also meant that many of her family members had perished on the Colthearts family feud. While Lynn, her grandmother, her grandfather, her mother, and her sister were part of the main family, the branch family, hosted by Lynn's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, as well as other distant relatives, have plotted to take the master title from the main family, hosted by Lynn's mother and her grandmother. So was it really worth keeping her title? When she turned 16, she knew it was not worth the struggle at all. However, she did not tell any of her family members yet. It wasn't as though they would understand her worries anyway.

She looked outside her window, as she saw children playing with their own ghost-type pokemon, for ghost pokemon were quite common around the parts of Ecruteak, where Morty, the ghost-type gym leader, also lived. Seeing the children play outside with their pokemon made Lynn realize, the world outside her home was vast. There were so many things explore, and so many new friends to meet -- human, and pokemon.

"Father..." she then said to her self as she looked up back in the sky. "I know you did not leave out of malice for the clan. You want to know the possible answer to all this endless fighting... I want to know the answer myself. But how can I know? Please father... give me a sign..." It was then that she saw it: what it looked like a star, but, it was broad daylight: how can she have seen? But, upon a closer look, she saw what it looked like was feathers. Feathers from a gigantic bird. The bird was flying through the clouds, with what it seemed like to be rainbow sparkles coming from it. Lynn was amazed from what she saw. Was it a pokemon? Or Origin, the king of all spirits? What ever it was, Lynn knew that it was a sign. And she knew, now it was the time to tell her family her new plans.

Soon it was night time, and dinner time upon Colthearts' dining table, on which, as expected, had its own traditional Japanese-like atmosphere. The room was made entirely made out of wood, and decorated with bamboo plants, ancient paintings, and even calming music. The table was also made out of wood; it was octagon shaped, decorated a red cloth, and a white vase. However, this table was too short to sit and eat on a chair; one had to kneel down on a mat in front of the table to eat from there. Tea cups filled with traditional green tea were placed throughout the table, near where people were going to kneel down towards the table. Lynn and her mother were both near the table, sipping a bit of their green tea. Soon, they were all joined by Lynn's grandmother and grandfather, who slid open the door, and bowed for a greeting as they took their places around the table.

"Ah, dear Lynn," Lynn's grandmother greeted. "You don't feel well. I trust that you have been eating properly?"

"I certainly have!" Lynn's grandfather added. "Well... by eating dumping all day, ehehehe!"

"SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OF MY DUMPLINGS!" Lynn's grandmother bawled, slapping her husband on the backside of his head. "YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN SAVING THOSE FOR A RAINY DAY!"

"Sorry...dear..." Lynn's grandfather apologized, soothing the pain from the slap, by rubbing his head.

"Everyone is here except Ringo," Lynn's mother explained, as they all soon heard the door quickly sliding open. Then, came a frustrated-looking girl who had a red kimono, along with pink hair and white socks.

"MOTHER, ALL OF THE BANANAS ARE GONE!" she yelled, gasping for her breath. Lynn's grandmother then glared at her husband, as he whispered, 'it wasn't me!' avoiding to get slapped again. "THAT'S NOT FAIR -- I WANTED TO MAKE BANANA BREAD WITH YOU-- Oh... hi Lynn."

"Hi Ringo," Lynn greeted softly.

"Ringo, take your seat," Lynn's mother told Ringo, as she bowed and quickly yet quietly took her seat beside Lynn's mother.

"Everyone, let us thank the spirits for the proud meal that we are about to eat tonight," Lynn's mother suggested. "The spirits are around us. They are with us. They are within us. They give us life for our world, and the endless hopes that our family has through out the countless days. Thank you spirits. Now, let us begin--"

"Wait, Mother," Lynn interrupted as everyone turned to her. "Before we eat, may I have something to say?"

"But of course Lynn," replied Lynn's mother. "Do you have something to thank for the spirits as well?"

"Not... exactly," replied Lynn. She then took a deep breath. What she was about to say, was not going to be easy. "Mother, I have been thinking. I have spent my entire life here, watching the actions of children and their pokemon going out to see the world. I want that life too. A chance to see the world with my very own pokemon... won't you let me see to it that wish is fulfilled?"

Lynn's mother gave Lynn a not so joyful expression. "Lynn, have you forgotten that you have responsibility here?" she sternly asked. "You are the master of the Colthearts clan. With that title, comes great responsibility and focus."

"Mother, have you forgotten?" Lynn asked in response. "I have not officially accepted that title yet."

Her mother glared at Lynn. "Lynn, you know you can't shy away from this responsibility," she said. "It'll be unfair to bear this responsibility to any one else in the family. Nor it is unfair to reject the responsibility of calming the spirits."

"It is also unfair that our lives are in danger every second of the day!" Lynn snapped. "Did you forget that our branch family has done whatever necessary to have one of them become master?! Why must I fight bloodshed with my cousins, my aunts, my uncles, just to communicate with the spirits which I do everyday?! Father left the clan for that very reason too! Do you not see the consequences of isolation?!"

"That's enough!" Lynn's mother ordered. "Listen to me Lynn! The behavior of the branch family clan is unjustifiable. I know that, you know that, we all realize this. But our fallen members have gave the main family our first breaths of life, and our connection with the spiritual undead! And further more, this very idea of children venturing the world by themselves is ridiculous, and dangerous! You are not--"

"Ahem. Um, if I may," Lynn's grandmother interrupted. "Dear, perhaps you are overreacting. Perhaps Lynn is grown up enough to make her own decisions, yeah?"

"Let's hope she doesn't get one of those... how they call it, 'tattoos'," Lynn's grandfather hoped, but only to get a slap from his wife. "Whaaaaat? I have that tattoos are quite painful! We don't want our Lynn to experience pain, do we not?"

"Mother, what are you saying?" Lynn's mother asked, turning to Lynn's grandmother. "Lynn has responsibility with her sister at home. You know that!"

"Yes, but, I too have grown tired of this 'family feud'," Lynn's grandmother explained. "Our ways have always been in isolation, and quite secretive to the clan, but, I see that Lynn is correct. Perhaps this will be better for Lynn's generation; away from the violence. The spirits around the world are different, you know. All I'm saying is that if Lynn can handle the care of pokemon, she can travel, and still fulfill her responsibility."

"But... mother..." said Lynn's mother. However, she simply turned back to her daughter with a sigh. "Lynn. You know that I simply worry for you, right? I don't know what I'll do if I found that if you're hurt, or worse... But, there is truth on your grandmother's words. While I do think that you leaving us is selfishness on your part, forcing you to stay here in the clan will be selfishness on mine. But Lynn, where will you go first?"

"Mother... thank you," Lynn thanked with a quick bow. "If I may, I have read in various books that there is a certain town here in Johto, called New Bark Town, where there is a professor called Professor Gold who gives people their very first pokemon in order for them to become pokemon trainers. I can travel there first!"

"Very well," Lynn's mother said. "You may leave after dinner then. And Lynn... be safe."

It was still late at night, and soon, after dinner, Lynn was in her room, packing her supplies. It was soon afterword that the door of her room knocked. Lynn called out for the guest to come in if they so choose to. As soon as Lynn knew it, the door opened, revealing her younger sister, Ringo, as she stepped inside.

"Sister..." Ringo addressed. "Are you really going to leave?"

"Yes Ringo, I must," replied Lynn. "But not forever. I promise."

"Are you really going to get your very first pokemon?" Ringo asked. "Ohhh maybe get a small pink and cute one with flowers on it? Awww, you're so lucky!"

"Hahaha, we'll see!" Lynn said with a smile. Then Lynn had a more solemn tone. She keeled down to gently touch Ringo on her cheek. "Ringo, listen. As long as there is breath in me, I promise that I won't let anything happen to you, my younger sister. And I promise that I will be okay. This is just a journey for me to find the answers that our father had longed for: the answer to end this pointless feud. Do you understand?"

"Yes sister," replied Ringo. "This is something that you've wanted to do all your life, right? I promise, I will cheer for you!"

"Thank you," Lynn said. Her supplies were finally ready, and she walked pass Ringo, out of her room door. Ringo followed Lynn as Lynn was finally outside of her home's door. As Lynn began to walk, she glanced back at Ringo. She bowed and gave a smile. "Farewell, my dear sister."

Back at the laboratory, Lynn had finally finished remembering her promise on her journey: to unite the broken ties of her family once again. She then turned towards back to the professor. "Sorry about that professor," she said. "I was just--"

"AND ANOTHER THING!" one of the aides was shouting. "WHAT WAS THE DEAL OF CALLING US 'JUST AIDES?!' I MEAN, JUST AIDES?!?! WE HAVE NAMES, YOU KNOW!!"

"Yeah!" the other aide agreed. "AND DID YOU REMEMBER THAT IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY?! DID YOU?!?!"

"Of course I did!" Professor Gold argued. "We had that big birthday party, remember?"

"Um... professor?" Lynn called out, as Professor Gold was all smiles again, as he turned back to her. "Are there more spirits to be quelled?"

"No, no, it's okay," Professor Gold said with his smile. "Now, I believe it's finally time to get you your own pokemon." Professor Gold then signaled his aides to grab one of the pokeballs in the back, much to the aides' dismay. Soon the aides got back with a single pokeball, a small bag full of pokeballs, and a small, red electronic device of some kind. First, the aides handed Lynn the single pokeball.

"Lynn, this is a pokeball," Professor Gold explained. "It's a small capsule that can contain a single pokemon. You can also use it to capture pokemon of any kind. In this particular pokeball, inside, contains your very own pokemon! Go ahead and open it!"

"Alright!" agreed Lynn. "Uh.... how do I do that?"

"Just throw it in the air, and it should open automatically!" Professor Gold explained. "The reason for that function is... a fuzzy one, but it works."

"Okay!" said Lynn, as she did as instructed, throwing her pokeball in the air. The pokeball quickly opened, releasing the energy inside. Soon the energy started to materialize, shaping to a figure. Then the energy was released, solidifying the figure. It appeared to be a short, pokemon with claws. The pokemon opened its eyes and looked vigorously around the room. It seemed as though it hadn't came out of that pokeball in a while.

This is it...! Lynn thought as she gazed upon the pokemon. This is... my very first pokemon!

"Uh-oh..." Professor Gold mumbled to himself as he glanced back to his aides. "I think you might of grabbed the wrong pokemon."

"Uh, I didn't see a label that read, do not get this pokemon, did I?" one of the aides explained.

"Thanks," Professor Gold said with a sigh, and as he shook his head. "Want to say that again without the sarcasm?"

"Professor, that's... a Sneasel, right?" Lynn asked. "I recognize it from one of the books I've read: The Adventures of Huckleberry Sneasel!"

"Yes, that's a Sneasel," replied the professor, clearing his throat. "But, well, you see, the thing about that Sneasel, is..."

Soon the Sneasel took out his claws, and ran towards the nearest bookcase. "Sel, Sneasel!" (Stupid books! SUFFER!) he said as he started to scratch all of the books in it's sight.

"As you can see..." the professor continued. "That Sneasel... is a freshly wild one. It's not tamed yet. Or rather, it's quite hard to tame."

The Sneasel stopped scratching the books as it turned towards the professor. "Sneasel! Sneas!" (You talkin' to me, boy?! YOU MUST DIE!) It quickly jumped to try and deliver a Ice Punch towards the professor, but the professor managed to lean out of the way.

"Quick! We have to contain it!" the professor ordered. His aids got out two more pokeballs.

"GO MAGIKARP!" one of the aides shouted, as he threw his pokeball, as it opened up to reveal a flopping Magikarp.

"GO FEEBAS!" the other aid shouted, throwing his own pokeball, as it opened up to reveal a flopping Feebas.

I have a really bad feeling about this... Lynn thought as the battle began.

The aides ordered the Magikarp and Feebas to use a splash attack respectively. Sneasel stood there, unamused.

"Sel, Sneasel!" Foolish fishes must SUFFER! cried the Sneasel, as it then delivered an ice punch attack towards Magikarp, the flopping pokemon, fainting it instantly.

This is not good... Lynn thought, as the Sneasel Ice Punched the other pokemon, the flopping Feebas, causing it to be knocked back towards the shelf, causing the shelf to fall on it, causing it to faint as well. Very not good...

"P-professor it beat our pokemon!" one of the professor aides, pointed out. "It's too strong!!"

"Sneaseeeeel!" (YOU'RE NEXT!) the Sneasel cried, as it used it's Scratch attack and scratched the nearby wall. "Sneasel!!" (DIE WALL! DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE!)

"Ugh, if it doesn't stop now, the whole lab will be destroyed!" cautioned the professor. He got out a pokeball of his own. "I'll handle this personally! Go--"

"Stop!" Lynn suddenly shouted. She was standing near the Sneasel. The Sneasel stopped scratching the wall, and turned towards Lynn.

"Sneas?! Sel!" (Who are you?! DIE!) The Sneasel shouted. But Lynn stood there with her arms crossed.

"You outta to be ashamed of yourself!" said Lynn, as Sneasel stood there, surprised and confused. "The spirit of the structured building was finally at calm! And y had the nerve to disturb the walls?! Do you know what karma is going to do to you?! It will turn you into a mutant turtle with squid legs! DO YOU WANT THAT TO HAPPEN?!" Sneasel blinked. It hadn't calmed down, but rather... it was thinking on how it can possibly scratch and punch stuff having squid-like arms. No such luck on that department.

"I don't believe it...!" Professor Gold observed. "She... calmed it down! It took all of our strength to calm it when when we first saw it! But wow..." He then turned towards his aides. "Give h the rest of the supplies!"

Lynn looked up to see that she had just been handed an electronic device. She studied it quite carefully. "Professor..." she started to say. "Is this...?"

"Yes, that's your pokedex," the professor said with a smile. "You know Lynn, you and Sneasel might be quite the force to be reckoned with! That is, if you want Sneasel as your first pokemon?"

Sneasel and Lynn exchanged glances. Lynn looked back up towards the professor. "Alright," she finally said. "I will teach this Sneasel how to properly behave, as it travels by my side."

Sneasel crossed his arms and looked away. "Sel..." (I shoulda scratched her when I had the chance...) he cried, disappointingly.

"Lynn," the professor began. "The journey to become a champion pokemon trainer is a long and hard one. Knowing that, will you press on?"

"I will," Lynn smiled. "And I know that Sneasel would be happy to accompany me. Right, Sneasel?"

"Sneas..." (Actually...)

"Great!!" Lynn cheered, completely oblivious to what Sneasel would of said. "From now on, we are partners!"

"Lynn... just be careful," the professor said, with a more solemn tone. "Have you heard of Team Zeta?"

"Sneas..." (Zeta...) Sneasel cried, as it turned towards the professor.

"No I haven't," Lynn replied. "What sort of group are they?"

"Nothing but criminals," Professor Gold explained. "50 years ago, I've dealt with a Team known as Team Rocket. They were defeated, but now, 50 years later, Team Zeta has finally come out of hiding. Their goal is to capture the legendary pokemon, Ho-oh and Lugia."

"Ho-oh and... Lugia?" repeated Lynn as she turned to her Sneasel. Sneasel did nothing but shrugged.

"With access to the sky and sea, control of the Johto Region, and eventually the entire Pokémon world, is surely theirs. There is no limit to what Team Zeta will do to achieve their goal, whether it is stealing Pokémon or using their own to attack humans to further their plans. According to them, ruling the world isn't just a scheme, it's a necessity." Lynn and Sneasel stood there, quietly without response. "So Lynn, as you travel on your journey, meet and defeat each of the Gym Leaders here. They might be willing to aid their strength to ours, in order for us to finally fight and defeat team Zeta. Are you willing to help us?"

Lynn continued to stay quiet. She then briefly glanced at her lone Sneasel, who too was also quiet. She then turned back to the professor. "Of course I will," Lynn agreed. "For their own actions will cause the spirits and the undead to become restless. It is my job to see to that the world is to be protected enough for the spirits and the undead to rest in peace."

"Very well then," Professor Gold said. "Do you know where to go from here?"

"Route 29," Lynn explained. "That will take me to Cherrygrove Town, then Route 30 and Route 31 will take me to Violet City."

"Then along with your Sneasel," the professor began. "Please. Help us defeat team Zeta, saving Johto, and the pokemon world wide!"

"Yes, professor! I will not fail!" Lynn pleaded with a bow. She then turned to her Sneasel. "Come on, Sneasel! Let's go! Our adventure awaits!"

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@king_nick72: Fine first post, but work on the formatting (copied and pasted Pokémon names screwed up your fonts =P) and grammar of stuff (a lot of lines starting without capital letters, missing punctuation, names/Pokémon names not being capitalized).

@Miss Doronjo: I'm loving the Pokémon translations, and Sneasel is hilariously untamed. I'm loving it.

Pretty much wait for the majority of everyone else to post (including me) and I can throw up the next chapter.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Hwang Feifei :: Chapter 1]

The magnet train was speeding past the landscape of Johto. It was a clear day, the sun streaming in through the window onto the mesmerized face of Hwang Feifei. The girl was leaning up to the window, taking the scenery in. The train went so fast that most of what she saw was just a blur, but it was more than she'd seen before. It was good enough for her.

With every stop Feifei tried to image herself in the town, she'd get there on her journey, challenge the gym leaders. Each Pokémon she saw in the landscape could be hers. It scared her a little, taking care of another living thing. She laughed to herself. She could hardly take care of herself. Many moments she thought to herself, what was she even doing? This wasn't for her. It would have to be.

"The next stop is. New Bark Town. This is the final destination of the train. Please do not forget your luggage on the way out. I repeat, the next stop is-"

Feifei wuickly grabbed her backpack and waited in line with the few people in her compartment that had to get out here too. Within a few minutes she was outside. There was a strong wind in the town, the windmills working hard to raise their electricity. Feifei couldn't help but gasp, the town was so much smaller than she had even remembered! She knew it wouldn't be the bustling city of Goldenrod, but this was just tiny. And so green!

She wrestled with her hair a second, it seemed adamant on flying into her face, secured it with a ribbon, and looked around.

"Right, Feifei, can't be too difficult. How many laboratories does a town have?" She peered around and, viola! A large structure stood out being just a little bigger than the wooden houses that surrounded it.

Feifei entered the building, it was just another wooden house, only different in its dimensions, though the homey outside was very different on the inside. Like one would expect it held pristinely clean tiled floors and walls with electronic equipment lining the walls.

"-Still no leads on the precise location of team Zeta, the police has opened a line for any information that can be given. They continue to comb out the city in the hope-"

"Ehm, professor?" Feifei called out. There was the sound of a television newscast, but no sign of Professor Gold himself.

"Right here!" A hand waved from behind a shelf. With a click of the remote he turned off the television and came out from behind the shelf, brushing the creases from his coat. "You must be one of the new trainers, I'm professor Gold."

Feifei bowed low. "I'm Hwang Feifei, pleased to meet you."

"Oh. Well. Ehm. A handshake would have sufficed," the professor said awkwardly. "Well then, let me just check-" he rummaged around a messy desk for a list of the participants. "Ah yes, your name's right here. Well, Hwang, I'll just get your started."

"It's Feifei, sir," she corrected. "Hwang's my surname."

"Ah, yes, sorry. Feifei. I'll just be a minute." He retreated into a little storage room, leaving Feifei alone in the lab. She stood around awkwardly, doing her best to keep curiosity in check and not go rummage around. Of course she failed.

While disconcerting noises were coming from the storage room (was that a tray falling?) Feifei looked at the shelf the Prof had been hiding behind. There were several test-tubes, she was just about to check one out when the Professor returned.

"Please don't touch that!"

"Sorry!" Feifei quickly bowed again and but space between her and the shelf, her face red from being caught.

"Right, then, here's your starter," he handed Feifei a Pokéball, which she accepted. : "Here are some empty ones to get you started, and a Pokédex. It's really easy to use, just point and click! There are some other features, I'm sure you'll work them out. " She stuffed the empty balls in her bag and looked at the Pokédex.

"Point and click, sir?" She looked at the device douhtingly.

"Oh, sorry, I'm a bit distracted. You open it like this," The professor pressed a button on the front causing the device to spring open. "The sensor's at the front, right here, it detects Pokémon. If you press this button over here it'll give you information on the Pokémon on the screen here. Just press these buttons to leaf through the pages."

"Listen," the professor started. "As I said, I'm a bit distracted. You've heard of team Zeta?"

"A bit," Feifei answered. She'd never paid much attention to it.

"They're trying to conquer the region, the dimwits. You don't just conquer a region! They plan on unleashing the power of the legendary birds. Dimwits as they may be, they are still very dangerous. Indeed, it's those without wit that often prove the most dangerous." Professor Gold let out a deep sigh. "I was just listening to the news report about their appearance in Violet City. They've holed up somewhere and the police can't seem to find them."

"Is that why my train skipped that station?"

"Yes, I suppose it is. But listen. When I went on my journey, many years ago, I faced a similar threat. Team Rocket. I was the one to defeat them in the end. I'm not saying this to brag, but to make a point. The most ordinary person can make a difference, especially with the power of Pokémon at their side. You, too, might face such a destiny. If it calls, will you answer?"

Feifei was taken aback, she'd not expected this turn in conversation. "I-I don't know. I guess? I don't know if I'd be any use-"

"Nonsense! I'm sure you will grow to be a great trainer. I hope we can count on you to battle the treat of Team Zeta."

Feifei was a bit uncomfortable with the turn of events, she didn't want to be called upon to defeat some evil team, she just wanted to train and make some money and hopefull be a bit good at it. The professor sensed her discomfort and changed the subject.

"In any case, let's get you started on your journey. Who knows, maybe they won't pose as much as a problem as I expect." It was easy to see he did not think this very likely. "So be on your way! Catch many Pokémon, and train them well."

Feifei bowed again. "Thank you very much, professor." She moved towards the door, but turned back when she reached him. "Ehm, Professor?"

"Yes, Feifei?"

"How do you open a Pokéball, by pressing the big button, right?"

The professor looked surprised. Didn't everyone know that? "Yes, that's how you open a Pokéball. Or alternatively you can throw it."

"Okay, thank you! Goodbye!" And with that she exited the building, Pokémon in hand, and ready for an adventure. Though not too much of an adventure. A medium-flavoured one was good enough for her.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Ffion Caera.

Ffion's hand slapped her alarm almost the instant it began to chime. It was 7 AM and Ffion had been awake for at least two hours, and was already fully dressed. There was two reasons for this, the first being that since she and her father had moved from Azalea to Goldenrod, Ffion had been sleeping on the uncomfortable bedroll on the floor, due to a lack of space in the new one-bedroom apartment. The second reason was that today was the most exciting day in her life thus far.
Ffion stretched, walking over the the small window to peer out at the streets of early morning Goldenrod City. After a few moments her focus slowly shifted to the reflection of her own piercing emerald eyes staring back at her.

The sound of the cheap toaster flinging it's half cooked bread into the air interrupted Ffion's uncharacteristic silence, and she turned away from her reflection.
"Dad." Ffion called out loud, more of a statement than an inquiry, but it had it's desired effect.

"Yeah, ahhmawake." her father groaned as he walked into the small kitchen and took a piece of toast. He was a well built, powerful looking man with long shaggy black hair and a perpetual 9 O'clock shadow.

"You all ready then? Not too nervous are you, shorty?" Her father teased.

Ffion scoffed, but that was all the answer she gave, as she was busy checking her backpack for any final items she may need. Her father appeared at her shoulder and held out his hand, he was holding a small necklace, black string with a polished oval of some unknown material, which had a handcrafted appearance. It was crude, yet it commanded some simplistic type of beauty.

"Dad I.. You know I'm not a jewelry type of girl..." Ffion said, looking at the necklace uncertainly.

"It was your mothers, she made it when we were kids. the wood comes from a tree in Azalea. Just thought you'd want it 'sall." He dangled it in front of her until she took it.

"Thanks dad... I'll take good care of it." She said slowly.

Ffion's father just laughed loudly and ruffled her hair, as he walked away he added;

"Don't you go getting all teary on me now y'hear. Your ride leaves soon, you should get going. Don't be thinking about me, this is your adventure, go out there and live your life, aight?"

Ffion understood her father well, his crude humor included. She scoffed again, this time at the 'teary' comment. She was not the type to cry, and had never been in the past. Her father knew this well, he just enjoyed to tease her.

"Worry about you? Hah. You can't even cook, you'll be begging me to come back within a week." Ffion replied, jokingly.

Once they had finished their meager breakfast and shared a hug in a rare moment of traditional affection, Ffion left the small apartment, with the sounds of her father yelling after her.

"Better make a move shorty, those little legs won't get you there on time if you don't hurry."
Grinning at her fathers banter, she strode into central Goldenrod. It was deceptively cold outside due to it still being early, but even so the city was begging to get busy already.

Pushing her way through the crowds, Ffion eventually came to her destination. In front of her stood an out-of-place looking, wooden building in the center of the city. Behind it there was a large open area which was fenced off and attached to the back of the aforementioned building. As she entered, glancing up Ffion could read the words "Regional Flight Office". The building was a single open room with several benches, all of which were empty. Walking directly up to the reception desk, Ffion addressed a middle-aged woman sitting at a computer.

"Howdy. Ffion Caera, booked a flight to New ba-" Ffion was cut off before she could even finish speaking.

"New-Bark, leaving at 8AM, one way. You're early, you can wait in the back while your flight is prepped."

The receptionist spoke in one long breath and didn't even look up from her computer screen, if Ffion had cared she would have thought this rather rude, but she had far more important things on her mind. Pushing past the heavy door and back out into the chill morning air, Ffion saw a large courtyard and slightly to the side, a boy around her age fitting a saddle to a regal looking Pidgeot.
The boy looked round at her as she walked up and he began speaking to her in a quick voice.

"You're for new-bark right? Well you're about set. This here is Gleam, you're lucky he's one of our fastest birds. Should get you there in around an hour."

As he said this the Pidgeot straightened itself up, looking impressive. Apparently it approved of the boy's praise.

"Ever ridden before? It's easy once you're used to it. just clip that part to the harness to that part of the saddle. Gleam knows the way, no need to steer or anything, if theres wild Pokémon, he'll avoid them so your flight may be a bit longer if you happ-" The boy stopped talking and looked at Ffion. He had finished attaching the saddle now and had taken his first good look at the girl in front of him.

"You're wearing shorts? Well, you're going to get mighty cold legs up there missy."

Ffion shrugged and brushed it off with a quick "I'll be fine" and followed the boys continued instructions. Less than two minutes later Ffion was gripping to the reigns in front of her for dear life as the mighty bird beneath her rocketed into the air. Looking down Ffion could she a large cloud of dust thrown up by the powerful wing-beats of her ride. The surprise of the sudden take-off starting to fade, Ffion felt exhilaration wash over her, this was incredible. Ffion let out a cheer as she watched Goldenrod dwindle into nothingness behind her, and turned her sights ahead.

As far as Ffion could tell, she had been airborne for at least 50 minutes and she was still enjoying it, the Pidgeot beneath her was merely content to glide the majority of the flight, only beating it's wings when he decided they needed to gain altitude. The boy that had been working at the Flight Office was right, Ffion's legs had started to feel the bitter sting of the air rushing past after only a few minutes of flight, and had gone completely numb soon after. There was now no sign of Goldenrod, or any other sign of human habitation. They had passed over one town, but all that was around now was forestry and some rolling plains to Ffion's left. In the very far distance ahead and to the left, Ffion fancied she could see a faint outline of a mountain range but she couldn't be sure.
Ffion leaned down closer to her powerful ride, dug her legs in lightly and yelled over the sound of the wind;

"I- I want to go faster!"

The dry ground crunched under Ffion's feet as she hopped off from the large flying Pokémon. The Pidgeot waited until he was sure that Ffion was fully off, and then shot up once again into the sky; surely to return back to Goldenrod. Ffion gazed after the mighty Pokémon inspired and thought to herself;

"Alright Ffion, you have got to get yourself a flying type, that was sweet."

After asking for directions, Ffion found herself pushing aside a large door and stepping into a white-floored Pokémon lab. There were several people in lab-coats walking to and fro, carrying books or charts. One of the noticed Ffion as she walked in, and without even stopping, called to her as he walked past;

"Another new trainer? The Professor is in the back, straight ahead."

Ffion turned to thank the researcher but couldn't even work out which one of them had spoke to her, so she simply called her thanks out loud, and continued into the lab looking for Professor Gold.

As she walked towards the back room, Ffion passed a sofa on which a very tall boy lay, playing with a Riolu. She nodded at him and walked up to the Professor.

"Hey Professor, we spoke on the phone? I'm Ffion." Her words drew the elder mans attention and he turned to look at her, putting down the clipboard he was looking at.

"Ah, Miss Caera. You look well, It's good to see you in person. Yes, yes, I have everything ready for you. Are you still interested in the Pokémon we talked about on the phone?"

Professor Gold spoke in a kindly manner, and instilled confidence and respect with just few spoken words.

"Yeah, the Eevee? If you still have her, that is. If not then I'm happy to look at some of the others on offer."

Smiling, Professor Gold held out a Pokeball and released a small Eevee at Ffion's feet. The little Pokémon looked up at the large thing in front of her with wide eyes. Kneeling down to it, Ffion offered her hand for the small Pokémon to smell. Eevee cautiously smelled, and then rubbed her face on Ffion's hand happily.

"Eevee are a good choice for new trainers, they make friends easily and they have a lot of options in terms of evolution. They can become quite strong if you train them well."

Whilst he was saying this, the Professor registered her as a trainer and handed Ffion a Pokédex, her trainer card and some spare Pokéballs.

Ffion stayed and talked to the professor for a few minutes, and he told her what was expected of her, along with giving her a warning about the dangerous Team Zeta. Ffion had heard of Team Rocket of course, it was a famous story in the Johto region, even though no one had heard from them for almost five decades.

After talking to the professor, Ffion decided to leave him to his work as she knew that he would have other trainers to initiate soon enough. Along with her brand new Pokémon, Ffion left the lab, smiling at the boy with the Riolu on the way out.

Once they were outside, Ffion decided to find a quiet corner to get to know her Eevee a bit better.
Her fathers words of advice about Pokémon training ran through her head, and she remembered a specific time, several years ago in Azalea where she saw her father running with his Pokémon. When questioned later on, he had told her that it was important for both the trainer and the Pokémon to be in prime physical shape, and something like running of playing together would also help to strengthen the bond between trainer and Pokémon.
With this in mind, Ffion decided to spend the next hour or so simply having fun with her Pokémon, racing, playing games and simply enjoying each others company. Ffion wanted to at least know the personality of her new partner before she got into any battles. Once she had spent some time with Eevee, they could explore Route 29 together, and hopefully find some wild Pokémon to battle.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years

Catherine *Kat* Primrose
Chapter 1
- New Bark Town and its outskirts
-
Ani498MS.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

" Everything starts with the first step!"

"How much time until it gets fixed?" Kat asked popping her head out of the car's window.

"I cannot say anything for the moment miss. Out of all the days it could have broken down…it happened today. " A middle aged man in an impeccable suit replied from behind the front hood of the car.

"Don't worry Lucas, it's still early." She said and then went back in the car. Kat had traveled by car from her hometown, due to her father's nagging about the wild being too dangerous without a pokemon. And to make things worse, even though she couldn't wait to see the other cities along the way, she somehow dozed off on the backseat of the car and by the time she woke up the car was motionless. Now Kat has to wait until Lucas, her driver, manages to find the problem with the car's engine. "Guess this will take some more time…why not listen to some music. " Kat thought and made her way to the front seat of the car and turned the radio on. A little bit of music would make time flow easier. ♫ My Miltank brings all the trainers to the yard…And they're like…It's better than yours …♫ the girl started singing as soon as the tune came up on the radio.

"Acting like a real lady I see!" Lucas said opening the door to the car. His hands were all covered in oil and he managed to get some on his chin as well.

" ♫ They lose their mind… The way I wind ♫
… Lucas, a lady has to know how to act according to the situation. This situation has its demands. " she giggled knowing that Lucas was only teasing her. Everyone from the mansion knew that Kat loved to live life to its fullest. " Here, wipe that off your chin!" offering Lucas a tissue That she had in her bag.

"Why thank you my lady. Always prepa…." But before he could finish his sentence the tune suddenly stopped and was replaced by a sudden announcement.
" We interrupt our normal program for some breaking news. It has come to our knowledge that the newly founded Team Zeta has been spotted in Violet City. People are advised to be cautious in the city and its vicinity. That is all for now! "

" Team Zeta? Who are they? " Kat asked puzzled by the sudden news.

" I do not know either miss Catherine. But it's good to have passed through Violet City before the news." Lucas answered wiping of all the oil from his hands and chin.
" Leaving that aside, I've found the problem to the car. The bad news is that the part that is faulty needs to be changed. I've called a mechanic company nearby but they will only be here in two hours." Sitting down in the driver's seat.

"Well then that settle's it. I'm gonna walk the rest of the way." Kat said as she opened her door and sprung out of the car.

"But miss Catherine. There's still about twenty minutes until you'll reach the city and you do not have a pokemon yet."

"I'll manage somehow. If I stick to the main road I'll be sure to get there safe." Kat said taking her bag from the car.

" But miss…" the driver said getting out from the car.

" No buts Lucas. You know that sooner or later we would have departed. Plus you that I should act like a lady and a lady never arrives late." She explained as she walked up to the driver. "Thank you for always driving me everywhere. " were her words as she hugged him tightly.

"It was a pleasure my lady. Now stay safe and don't forget to be careful." he said with a smile.

"Now you're starting to sound like dad. " and with that she took her first step away from the car and Lucas.

"Ha ha…don't forget to call from time to time." He yelled waving at the girl that was starting to fade into the distance.

Kat gave a simple wave back with a bright smile. It had begun, her journey into this vast world had officially begun. She was free to roam the region and explore every inch of it without any kind of supervision. As much as this thought brought joy to Kat, it also left a bitter taste…she know realized that she was going to be away from Seth with whom she had always been all day long. "Ok snap out of it!" she said to herself. " It's not like this wasn't bound to happen. And more than that, my freedom is at stake here. " thinking at the deal she made with her father. It seems this journey was going to be really interesting for the young girl. All in all she was happy that she had the chance to go on a journey of her own, a journey that will help her grow…

After walking for a while under the clear blue sky, Kat found herself standing at the edge of New Bark Town. A big sign with the town's name greeted her as she took her first step, walking slowly on the main road with a really anxious, yet intrigued feeling inside her, that was growing more and more with every step she took. One by one, houses started to appear on both sides of the road. From the looks of it, New Bark Town wasn't very large in comparison to Kat's hometown, however it had a warm and welcoming feeling that made you feel like you belong there. The houses weren't very crowded and after every two or three houses you could see a giant windmill. " Very ecological of them!" Kat thought as she saw the big number of windmills. Soon enough the girl found herself in the heart of the town, a bit lost, but grateful that she managed to somehow making it this far on her own.

" So right now I'm on Elm street. " she said facing a map of the town. " But why isn't there any mark of the lab on this thing. Somebody has to fix this." she sighed as she realized that she could started as much as she wanted and she would still not find anything there. As was about to leave, Kat felt something hit her right foot. As she looked down she saw a bright pink ball resting on her shoe. Kat picked it up and looked around for the keeper.

" Here miss! It belongs to me!" a little girl shouted from across the street. She, along with the other two children she might have been playing gestured for Kat to come to them.

" Here you are…"

"How many times have I told you bunch not to play outside of the yard." And middle-aged woman interrupted Kat as she walked up to the three children and started scolding them.

" But mom, Jason kicked the ball in the street and we had to get it back. " the little girl explained.

" That's even worse, you should have asked an adult to get it for you. It's dangerous to cross the street alone." The mother said even more worried.

"Well they didn't technically cross the street. I have their ball back." Kat stepped in smiling at the little girl. The three children looked with joy at Kat as anyone who would save them from an adult's scolding is an ok person for a kid.

" Oh my. Well thank you dear. You three thank the young lady at once." The mother said turning her gentle face from Kat to a fearful one at the kids."

" Thank you miss!!!" said all three of them at once.

"That's better. Now hurry up and go in the yard." She said scurrying the kids away. " You aren't from these parts now are you?" the mother said turning back to Kat.

"No mam. I've just arrived in town."

"And what is a young girl like you doing in our little town?" she asked as she was always fond of new people.

"Um I'm starting my pokemon adventure today and I have to meet with Professor Gold at his lab. However, I'm a bit lost and can't find my way to the lab. Could you maybe tell me?" Kat said, thinking that she surely must know.

"Oh dear but why didn't you say earlier?!? Take this main road and after you pass by a big oak tree turn left. From there it's just a five minute walk and you'll be in front of the lab."

" Thank you so much for the info. " Kat said bowing down like a true lady.

" Your very welcome my dear. Now that that's settled won't you stop at my little
café for a drink. On the house of course. " the lady said pointing the café that was next to her house. " You must surely be tired."

"That's very kind of you, but I am running late so I must pass on the offer." She replied with a diplomatic smile. Indeed a nice cup of tea would have been delightful, but she was so close to getting her very first pokemon and she couldn't wait any longer.

"You young ones. Can't stay a minute!" the woman joked as Kat waved goodbye and started walking in the direction hat was given to her earlier. " At least stop before you leave!" she shouted as the girl crossed the street.

"Ok ok. I'll come as soon as I settle things with the professor." Kat shouted back then turned and left. " Seems people are very friendly around these part." She thought as she was looking carefully for the big oak tree. The scene left Kat with a big smile, she nearly started her adventure and she already made a new friend.

"Oh this is it!" she said out loud as she crossed paths with the one and only, oak tree.

"So I turn left here and….Oh there it is." She exclaimed as she could already see the lab. She started running towards it as she couldn't wait any longer to see what waited her in there. As she reached the front door, she took a deep breath and then pushed the door, creeping her head first. "Anyone there?!" she yelled but didn't get any reply. Kat started walking along the corridor, slowly scanning every corner for a person to whom she could address to.

" Team Zeta is making its move. Professor, we have to act fast!" Kat heard as she was approaching the end of the corridor.

"Now isn't the time to be hasty. And you are well aware that I plan on countering them." Another voice replied.

"Yeah, with a bunch of teenagers. I can't see anything wrong with that." The first voice said ironically. As Kat was about to enter the room a lab assistant, from what Kat could figure, stormed out the door, glaring at Kat when he spotted her. Then he rushed into a nearby room shutting the door behind him.

" Sorry to have disturbed you. I'm looking for Professor Gold." Kat slowly entered the room where the argument had been held, as she had been spotted by the other man as the assistant had stormed past her.

" No no, I should apologize. You've caught me in a bit of a heated situation. I'm Professor Gold and that was one of my assistants." The professor greeted the girl a bit embarrassed by the previous situation.

"Nice to make your acquaintance. I'm Kat Primrose." The girl said with a smile.

"Oh Catherine Primrose, as it says here." Said the professor as he looked on one of his charts. " Your family is well known around these parts. But let's not divert from the matter at hand."

"Agreed. If you don't mind another detour, I couldn't help but overhear the talk about Team Zeta. This morning they were mentioned on the radio as well. Who are they and why is there such a commotion around them."

"Well my dear, that's a good question. I'm sure that coming from your family you learned about this regions history and have heard about Team Rocket. Well you could equivalate Team Zeta to them. However, Team Zeta's plan is to capture the legendary guardian pokemon of sky and sea, Ho-Oh and Lugia. They want to use these pokemon to do their bidding and conquer the region and even worse, the world." The professor explained as clearly as he could.

Kat was shocked to hear that history was starting to repeat itself. Indeed she had learnt about Team Rocket, and even knew that the professor had helped in stopping them in his youth. However one thing was still unclear to the girl. " That's awful, I can't believe that people like that still exist. " she said surprised of the answer she got. " But professor how does this relate to what your assistant said?"
"About the teenagers. Well my dear that's where you come in. Apart from aiming to get in the Pokemon League I hope that you are willing to give me a hand in putting an end to Team Zeta's plans. As I was gonna explain to my aid. Last time the region was threatened by and evil organization it wasn't the police who stopped them, but a bunch of kids your age, with me among them, who believed in them and their pokemon. Are you up for the challenge? Of course you aren't forced to do so, you will still receive your pokemon."

Kat stood there speechless. She couldn't believe that her journey was going to go hand in hand with saving the region. She thought things through then looked the professor in the eye. " I'll do my best!" she replied. Kat agreed that she couldn't sit still knowing the truth, plus, if a bunch of teenagers did it last time why not succeed now too.

"That's what I wanted to hear. Now wait here and I'll be back in a minute. " Professor Gold said then turned around and walked into another room. While waiting for the professor Kat notice, through a glass window, that in another room sat a boy about her age who was playing with what looked like his pokemon. When the two made eye contact, Kat waved gently and smiled. " Maybe he's another trainer. But why is he still here if he got his pokemon." Kat thought. If it was her, she would have already left. She was itching to get out there and how the world was with a pokemon by your side, plus she promised the old lady she would stop by her café.

" Here you are!" the professor said as he came back into the room. " This is your Pokedex. You'll use it to search for info on the pokemon you encounter. Some Pokeballs so you can build a nice team on your journey. And most important your very first Pokemon." He finally said placing a shiny Pokeball in her hand.
Kat couldn't resist and immediately pushed the button on the pokeball. A blue light emerged from the capsule and shot for the ground. Out came a little orange and brown piglet. " Tepig!!" the pokemon said as he shook his head in confusion. Kat got down to the pokemon's level and greeted him with a smile.

"Hi there. I'm your new trainer. Pleased to meet you!" and raised her hand for a shake.

"Pig.." the pokemon said looking cautious at the girl, but after carefully examining her he couldn't resist her smile and raised his arm and finally sealed the deal. " Tepig!!!"

" Guess he's on board!" the professor giggled at the sight.

"Thank you professor for opening this path for me. I'll be sure to give you hand whenever you ask for it." Kat said patting the pig on the head.

"Don't mention it! Now off you go. Adventure is waiting for you!" the professor teased the girl.

"Goodbye professor. See you soon!" and with those words Kat was off.

"Goodbye Kat. Take care!" he shouted as the door to the lab closed behind the girl. " Hmm was I the same when I was their age?" he asked himself with a smile.

Kat had exited the lab and was walking down the road with her new pokemon by her side. " I'm Kat by the way. " the girl as they were walking.

"Tepig!" the pokemon replied letting the girl know that he was a Tepig.

"Hmm Tepig. Let's see what the Pokedex has to say about you!" the girl said and pulled out the Pokedex from her bag. Then opened it and pointed it at her pokemon.

" Tepig, the Fire Pig Pokémon. Normally, fire shoots out of Tepig's snout, but it shoots out smoke instead when it is feeling ill. "

" So you're a fire type!" Kat uttered.

"Pig...Tepig! the pokemon cried trying to power up its nose but without any success.

"So the Pokdex was right. No fire move yet. Well don't worry, we'll just have to get stronger!" Kat tried to console the Pokemon who looked a bit discouraged.

"Tepig!" the little won smiled.

" So you know Tackle, Tail Whip and…..wow Magnitude. I've heard of that move. Really rare on a fire pokemon."

"Pig..Tepig!!!" he replied being now proud of himself. He may not know any fire move yet, but he knew a special one nonetheless.

"We should be close now….Oh there it is!" Kat said and pointed for Tepig to look at the café she had agreed to go earlier. "Let's stop for a bit here." Kat said and walked up on the front porch where a few tables were placed.

"You finally arrived dear!" the owner said as she came out of the café holding a tray with some beverages. " Just sit somewhere and I'll be right at you in a minute." The woman said and fled to a nearby table to serve her customers. Kat went and sat down at a table near the edge of the porch, where some flowers were placed on the fence. She took Tepig up and placed him on the chair near her, then picked a menu that was on the table.

"Hmm let's see what we can get here." She said turning to Tepig. Kat flipped the pages of the menu then turned it over to Tepig. "And what will your order be mister?" The pokemon looked with some big eyes at Kat who was offering him a treat. The Pokemon looked carefully as Kat was flipping the menu, which had a picture for every item on it, then pressed its hand on a mouth-watering caramel fudge sundae.

"So what will it be dearies!!" the woman said after taking and order from the table next to Kat's.

"A lemonade for me and a caramel fudge sundae for this little fellow." Kat answered.

"Well at least somebody knows how to take advantage of a treat." The woman said looking in a scolding way at Kat then wrote their order and went off in the café.

"That woman is going to kill me with her kindness." Kat whispered to Tepig who immediately chuckled.

"Hey look it's the miss from earlier." A voice said from behind Kat. She turned back only to see the little girl from earlier to whom she gave the ball. Soon the other two children came to the porch as well.

"Are you guys playing in the yard like you were told to?" Kat asked.

"Yes miss. " a boy replied.

"Call me Kat!" she said as the whole miss thing was reminding her of the mansion.

"Ok miss Kat!" the girl replied with a smile.

"Good enough!" Kat said amused. " And what are your names?"

"I'm Susan, this is Tom.." pointing at the boy on her left " and this is Mary " pointing to the girl on her right.

"Nice to meet you all."

"Miss Kat what's his name?" Mary asked pointing at Tepig.

"Name….um I haven't given him one." She said turning to Tepig a bit dazzeled.

"Uh uh uh name him Bacon…no no name him Pigatron. Yeah that's it!" Tom shouted with enthusiasm. Tepig was shocked to hear those silly names. However, Kat couldn't help but giggle at her pokemon's face.

" I think Tepig doesn't like that." Kat said and showed the kids Tepig's reaction.

" Yeah Tom! Who would name his pokemon Pigatron! It's silly….she should name Tepig something like Mister Piggy. " were Mary's words.

" That sound better." Susan agreed to Mary. " Or FlutterPig!" the little girl said looking at an agreeing Mary.

"Ok kids stop pestering the poor Pokemon. Go inside and I'll give you a treat." The owner said as she came holding the lemonade and the ice cream. Hearing the word treat, the three left aside the naming problem and dashed inside the café as fast as they could.

"Bribing them for their well behaving." Kat said after recovering from her laughter.

" Kids can have such an imagination these days" she thought seeing them leave.

"It works like a charm!" the woman winked, placing Kat and Tepig's order on the table. "Enjoy!" then she left.

"So FlutterPig, how is the ice cream!" Kat said after taking a sip from her drink. Tepig immediately raised his head offended by what he had heard.

"Pig…Tepig..Tepig!"

"Don't worry I was only kidding!" the girl giggled. " But it's true that I should give you a name. Hmmm what should I call you?" Kat said and placed her chin in her hand, going into thinking mode.

It took the girl some time and a whole glass of lemonade to come up with a perfect name for her pokemon. Kat and Tepig got up from their table and went to the front door where the owner was finally able to catch a break. Kat thanked the woman for the kind hospitality and asked to pay for their order, but as she expected, the two were strongly refused. The woman bid them farewell and wished them good luck on their journey.

"Ok Pyro, Off to route 29!!!" Kat said as they left the café.

Years
King stood up from the sofa where him and Riolu were playing on. King walked toward Prof. Gold and told him
"Alright Professor I'm heading out. I think I have seen enough of the new trainers. I think my adventure is going to be a wild ride if I meet up with any of them again."
Prof. Gold chuckled and replied
"OK King. I hope you have a great adventure. Also did you think about a nickname for you Riolu."
"A nickname for Riolu huh. I haven't even thought of it. Hmmmm.... what could be a nickname for you Rilou?"
Riolu stared at King, confused.
"....... I got it! Ill call you Hugh. Hugh was my father and that determination in your eyes remind me of him"
"RI RI!!!!" Riolu cried excitedly.
"OK Hugh, lets head off to Route 29 and then to Cherrygrove City"
"RI RI!" Hugh cried out in acceptance.
"OK Prof. I'm leaving, and I'll make sure to try my best to avoid Team Zeta."
"And if I can't avoid them.... I'll beat them to a pulp!!!"
King and Riolu left the lab and New Bark Town. Next stop, Cherrygrove City!!!!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
New Bark Town
333.png

The sun was shining brightly as Geoff flew through the sky with his friend Bryce on his Fearow's back. It was the only way that Geoff could get to New Bark Town, but it was best that he didn't let his parents know how he was getting there. They already don't like Pokémon, but flying on top of one with a friend a good way across the region? Geoff knew that wouldn't fly.

"You know man," Bryce started, then took a deep breath. "I'm really happy for you. I know how much you try to make everyone happy, and for once it seems like you're doing something for yourself. I don't know what sparked it, but I'm glad."

"Thanks man," Geoff said with a smile. He wasn't really sure what caused the spark either, but he was happy about it. "It sucks leaving everyone behind, but I know this is best for me. I'm ready for a change."

A small town appeared in the distance close to the base of a small mountain range. Geoff could tell from Bryce's face that this had to be the place. It sort of had the look of familiarity on it for him, but this was an entirely new place for Geoff. It was a small town, a few houses in a cluster, with a river letting out to the east. The most important thing that caught Geoff's eye was the biggest building in the town, which he knew had to be the lab. As they approached closer to it he could see a few wind turbines on the outside of it. That would be where he met Professor Gold.

Bryce had Fearow land gently right in front of the lab, and he let Geoff off. Bryce didn't know what to say to Geoff. Ever since Bryce returned from his own Pokémon journey four years ago, he and Geoff became inseparable. Bryce was who Geoff made friends with when he needed to talk and learn about Pokémon. It was a weird feeling letting go of him, not to see him again for who knows how long. Geoff gave him a hug, and Bryce returned the embrace. He had a few tears in his eyes, but he didn't want Geoff to see them. He mounted back onto Fearow, gave Geoff a smile, and flew back off into the horizon.

Geoff took a deep breath, and opened the door to the lab. Geoff could tell that other people had been here before him. Pokéballs were laying out on a table in the back of the main room, and it appeared the professor's aides had been taking a break, as they all were lounging around near the entrance way. Even with Geoff starting to walk through the lab to the back where an older gentleman was sitting behind a computer, the aides still barely noticed him.

"Umm, excuse me?" Geoff asked. The aides popped up to life, and the older man, who Geoff presumed was the legendary Professor Gold, looked up from his computer and started to make his way over to Geoff.

"Ah, welcome!" The man stated as he gave the aides a dirty look. "I'm glad my aides continued to take their break as you entered. My name is Professor Gold. I assume you are here to start your very own Pokémon journey?"

"Yes sir!" Geoff exclaimed. It took him a minute to realize why Gold was giving him a weird look, but then he realized he sort of just yelled in his face. "Sorry about that, just a little excited to begin."

Gold smiled. It was that kind of enthusiasm that made him comfortable giving trainers their first Pokémon. "Not a problem. Well instead of giving you the spiel about what happens when you start your journey, I have a different one I have to give you before I can let you pick your Pokémon." He sighed, and Geoff could tell that he was worried about something. "You see, back when I took my journey around Johto an evil organization called Team Rocket revived, and I happened to stumble across them in my journey, and thankfully I was to stop them."

"Of course, we all have heard about that! It was impressive that someone at your age could take down an entire organization like that!" Geoff stated excitedly. However, he knew something more was up, as Gold went from his earlier smile to a more solemn look.

"It's happening again Geoff. A new organization, Team Zeta, has emerged. From our intel, we know they want to capture Lugia and Ho-Oh to take over Johto, and eventually the entire world, from both the land and the sea. The only difference this time is that we know what is happening. That's why I'm sending new trainers out on their journeys. We need help Geoff. We need bright young minds that will be able to go on their journeys as normal, while investigation Team Zeta, as well as trying to recruit new members for our cause."

Geoff was taken aback by this. He wasn't expecting some greater mission to come with this journey. This sort of seemed unprecedented for a professor to put a new trainer upon. At the same time, it was in Geoff's nature to help people and to try and make them happy. Helping Gold also meant he would be able to experience a journey of his own as well, making him happy. It seemed like the perfect fit. "Of course Professor, I'd be glad to help."

"Fantastic! In that case, someone of my many Pokémon for new trainers have been picked, but others are still here!" Gold started to explain. "I have many of the traditional starting Pokémon that you would expect a new trainer to begin with. Unfortunately, all but one of the more unconventional starters have been taken, leaving this Swablu as the only other Pokémon that isn't a water, fire, or grass Pokémon."

"Oddly, I've read about Swablu before. I know they're a Flying type that evolves into a Dragon type as it continues to level up. And honestly I very much like the sound of that combination. I think I'll pick Swablu," Geoff replied.

"Good choice. Now, I'd also like to give you a few other things. As you probably know," Gold started explaining holding some red and white spheres in his hands, "These are Pokéballs. They're used to capture Pokémon. You just press the middle button to enlarge it, then throw it at your target to capture it. To let a Pokémon out of the ball, just toss it in the air, and it should open up and let the Pokémon out automatically."

Geoff decided to try this out with his new Pokémon. He threw the ball, and in the air the ball opened and released a bright white light, which took the form of his new Swablu. Geoff smiled at the sight of his very first Pokémon. It was a small, blue bird with white wings that looked like little clouds. It had two litle feathers on the top of it's head, but they were tied together in a bow, which definitely wasn't natural, but Geoff found it adorable. He assumed she was a female, as Gold quickly confirmed.

"You're a natural," Gold joked. Throwing a ball in the air didn't take much skill, and Geoff could recognize a joke when he heard one. "Next," handing over a small, red, rectangular device, "This is a Pokédex. It's an encyclopedia of sorts, it will scan Pokémon that you encounter and fill in information about them. You can try it out on your Swablu later. Speaking of which, did you want to give her a name?"

Geoff had been contemplating this since he was going to get a Pokémon. If he was going to be friends with his Pokémon, then they needed to have a name. He looked over his new Swablu, tring to find a name that would be fitting of the little bird floating in the air. Suddenly, it just clicked for him. "Nimbus."

"Swab! Lu lu! Swabluuuuuuuuuuu!" The bird chirped. She seemed to be happy with her new name, which made Geoff and Elm smile. It was a new exhilaration for Geoff, and one that was all too familiar to Gold.

"Seems like a good fit! Now, it's time for you to start your journey. Out to the east is Route 29, which eventually will reach Cherrygrove City, That should be your first stop on your journey. There isn't anything of giant significance there, but you should reach your first Pokémon Center and Pokémart there. I'm sure the people there would be happy to help you explain how those two function! Now off you go Geoff, enjoy yourself!"

The two exchanged farewells, with Nimbus returned to her Pokéball, and Geoff walked past the aides, still lying around on the couches and chairs scattered in the entryways, and out the door. He already saw the entire town from the sky, and seeing it from the ground didn't really interest him. He walked to the east, to the entrance fo Route 29, and stared it down. He took a deep breath, and took the first step of his new journey.
---

@Everyone: Good first posts! I'm going to bed so no individual comments, but I liked them all! WI'll wait for one more person to post and then Chapter 2 will be posted.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Route 29 (3+ Posts)

29_zps63633696.png

For all of Johto's new trainers, Route 29 is the first step out of the comfort of living with their families with a house and friends and people they fully trust they rely on, as well as the first step into a new trainer's journey. Not much has changed on Route 29 over the last fifty years: It is still a rather straight forward route with many cliffs, but now weathering has occurred on a lot of the cliffs, making it easier to climb them. In the distance, there is a plethora of trees waiting around, but there is one distinct object laying in the background: It appears to be a run-down house.

What you CAN do:
→ Attempt to battle and catch wild Pokémon. If you choose to do so, end your post with the Pokéball shaking, and I'll decide if you have caught the Pokémon.
→ Battle other trainers (RPer created, or a collaboration with the another participant)
→ Take a look at the sights
→ Stop at the base of Route 46 and take a look around

What you MUST do:
→ End your first post for the route at the house (Where more details for the events to take place will be explained later)
→ EXCEPTION TO ABOVE: If you attempt to catch a wild Pokémon, end your post with the Pokéball shaking. I will determine if you catch the Pokémon or not.

Wild Pokémon on this route:

016.gif

Pidgey (Level 2-4)
Tackle

019.gif

Rattata (Level 2-4)
Tackle
Growl

163.gif

Hoothoot (Level 2-4)
Tackle
Growl

161.gif

Sentret (Level 2-4)
Scratch, Foresight

183.gif

Marill (Rare, Level 2-4)
Tackle
Defense Curl

406.gif

Budew (Rare, Level 2-4)
Absorb
Growth

509.gif

Purrloin (Rare, Level 2-4)
Scratch
Growl

Years
King and Hugh looked back one more time at New Bark Town, the start of their adventure together. Looking ahead, they begin to walk toward the route that many trainers that have been on before, like Prof. Gold himself, Route 29. King took a deep breath of air and exhaled.
"It's incredible, I never thought that my aunt would have let me on this journey, but because she did, I will be able to meet so many people and pokemon." King thought to himself. On the walk King looked around for pokemon that he hasn't seen before. The pokemon that he saw in the wild were Rattatas, Sentrets, and Pidgeys. Then King looked at Hugh and spoke to him
"So Hugh, do you think we should catch a pokemon before we get to Cherrygrove City?"
"RIOLU!" Hugh cried, agreeing with King.

The only problem with this though, is that King didn't know what pokemon to catch. Then he saw a pokemon that he has seen a lot in Olivine City, a Hoothoot.
"Hmmmmmmm," King said to himself,
"If I catch this Hoothoot, I might have an advantage in the first gym, there's only one way to know though! Hugh its time we catch our first pokemon!"
Hugh looked at King and then quickly ran to him from the patch of flowers growing at the base of what seemed to look like a cliff.

King took out his pokedex and scanned the Hoothoot. After a few beeping noises, the pokedex said

"Hoothoot, The Owl Pokemon, It marks time precisely. Some countries consider it to be a wise friend, versed in the world's ways."

"So it looks like Hoothoot is a flying and normal type, so Fighting moves will be only normal damage, but Hugh's only fighting move is Sky Uppercut, and that might knock it out and I don't want that." King spoke to himself.
The Hoothoot looked at King and knew what was going to happen, the Hoothoot and Hugh were going to battle.
"HOOTHOOT!!!" Hoothoot cried out, as if that was its battle cry charging at Hugh for a tackle
"Hugh...... use quick attack..." King said calmly
"RI RI!!" Hugh cried out as e began to build up speed for his quick attack.

The two pokemon collided, but Hoothoot was knocked back and Hugh did a back flip to land on his feet.
"HOOT HOOT!!!!!" The Hoothoot cried out in anger
"Heh...." King chuckled
"That Hoothoot has definetly got some fight in him..... if I catch him it will be a great member on my team.... OK Hugh, use Quick Attack once again..."
"RI-RI!!" Hugh once again cried out building up speed once agian for another attack.
Hoothoot once again went for a tackle.
The two collided once again and this time..... it was a tie, but Hoothoot was tired, starting to stumble.

"Now is my chance, I don't believe that I will have a better chance than now!" King yelled while taking out an empty pokeball.
"Pokeball GO!!" King Yelled out while thowing the pokeball.
The pokeball hit Hoothoot and encased it in a red light, bringing it into the pokeball.
The pokeball began to shake while King and Hugh watched on, hoping that it will end soon...

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@king_nick72:
Spoiler:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Hwang Feifei :: Chapter 2: Route 29]

Feifei was sitting on a bench in the town, staring at the red and white sphere in her hands. She was so conflicted between intense curiosity to what was inside, and nervousness. What if they didn't get along? Or what if it was a really useless Pokémon? What if it didn't listen to her? What if it was ugly?!

"Come on Hwang Feifei, you're braver than this," she muttered to herself and pressed the white button. Out from the sphere came a stream of red light revealing an orange monkey. It looked around curiously at first, unsure of where it was, before its eyes settled on Feifei.

"Hi there little guy," Feifei smiled. The monkey returned the smale from ear to ear. She giggled. "Your bum is aflame!" The monkey looked indignant for a moment, before giggling back. "I like you already, let's just see what you are, shall we?" She got the Pokédex from her bag and trained it at the Pokémon, just as the professor had told her to, before pressing the button. There was a soft whirring sound from within as the machine processed the information, before a picture came on the screen identical to the real monkey.

"It says here you're a Chimchar?" The monkey hooted, it had climbed onto the bench beside her and eyed the Pokédex curiously. "It also tells me you're a little boy, that means you're bound to be extra troublesome," Feifei said in a teasing way. She gave the monkey a short head rub before coming back to the machine. She scanned over a plethora of information on the screen, including diet and behavioral analysis. There was no time to read all of it, it would take her an hour! "I guess they know a lot about you, hm?" The Chimchar cocked his head, not entirely following. "You need a name though, I can't keep calling you Chimchar, that'd be rude. I'm not the most creative person, how about Huangju? Huang for fire, Ju for monkey?" The Chimchar gave out a sharp cry with a smile on its face. Feifei couldn't understand Pokémon, but she assumed he consented.

"Are you ready to get going? I'd like to make some headway before the day is over." She put the Pokédex back into her bag and stood up. "Come on Huangju, time to explore our first route!" The Chimchar seemed to wholeheartedly agree with this plan, he jumped from the bench and bounded next to Feifei. Every few paces something would catch his attention, he'd sniff at some grass, swat at something only he could see. "You're certainly a ball of energy, are you?"

The route itself was quiet and calm, there was a singly dirt path running through a field, bushes and trees on either side of it. The field stretched on for miles as far as Feifei could see, with mountains in the distance providing a brilliant view. "Wooooah." Feifei had never been in the countryside before, and the train ride hadn't prepared her for this. "It's so beautiful!" She exclaimed. "And the air so clean!" Huangju ran ahead of her, sometimes diving into a bush, sometimes rolling through the grass. Never standing still for a moment.

"Huangju, don't get too far ahead!" Feifei called.

She strolled ahead a leisurely place, trying to take everything in. There were wild Pokémon out and about, but none bothered them. Pidgeys were flying in the sky above, Rattata darted through the tall grass, completely disappearing within. There were even beds of flowers amongst the greenery.

"Huangju! How about a break?!" She called to the orange shape that could just be seen darting through the grass. It had only been half an hour, maybe even less, but Feifei felt the strung urge to just sit and enjoy her surroundings. "Huangju! I've food!" That seemed to get his attentions, within seconds he was by her side, looking up expectantly.

Feifei stepped into the grass herself, now, and sat down by a bed of pretty white and blue flowers.She grabbed her bag and got out a small rice cooker, her most prized possession and the moment, and a bag of rice. After pouring in the appropriate amount of water she set the machine to work and just laid back into the grass, moving her arms is if she were making a snow angel, feeling the blades of grass. A grass angel. The second time she brought her arms up all the above her head –and felt something very solid. Something that moved.

She let out a started shout and sat up immediately. Huangju came ran up beside her, suspicious of her shout, and sensed the creature before Feifei even had any idea what it could be. It was green and… well… lumpy. She could only see a top lump, but it was moving, and that was enough to creep her out.

She dove for her bag and fumbled until she got a hold of the slick surface belonging to the Pokédex. One point-and-click revealed it to not be scary at all. In fact, it looked rather silly. Composed of just two lumps on top of each other with legs and a face –no other appendages- the thing looked practically harmless. It stared at her with a single weird expression. "Are you okay?" Feifei asked. "In the head I mean?" She hit herself on the forehead with her palm. "You didn't just ask something if it was okay in the head, Feifei, that's horrible."

"Now that it's here, might as well serve as a little bit of target practice, don't you think, Huangju?" The monkey was already in place for a fight, the fire on his tail burning stronger than ever. She pointed the Pokédex back at Huangju and flipped through the pages until she got to the list of moves. "Why don't you have any fire moves? Aren't those good against grass things? They burn stuff, right? Why don't you have any?"

Huanju looked back, offended. "Well don't look at me like that! We'll have to make do then. What does Leer do? Just try it." She was so bad at this battling thing. Huangju stared hard at the Budew, Feifei could swear she saw some sort of red lasers come out of his eyes. It that what it did? Did it laser Pokémon all awesomely like the one guy from the superhero comics? Cyborg or something? The look on Budew's face shifted, it looked very frightened, but it wasn't exploding or bursting into flames or anything.

"Do you even want it to explode?!" Feifei berated herself. "You're a horrible person. Right, that didn't do much. How about scratch, Huangju? That should speak for itself." And it did, as expected the Chimchar jumped at the lumpy Pokémon and scratched it. Budew jumped back, as if started that anything would hurt it. It puffed up a little, offended, and opened its top lump, to the astonishment of Feifei. Little balls of light floated from Huangju into the bulb of Budew, and Huangju cringed as if it hurt. Budew, in the mean time, looked more energized than ever.

"Woah," Feifei quickly trained the 'dex to the Budew again and flipped to its moveset. She logically deduced that it must be absorb. "I guess it gets energy that way. There's one more move you have, Thunderpunch, let's try it out!" Huangju rolled his eyes at the incompetence of his trainer, but then he did jump at the Budew, fist full of electricity, and hit it square in the face. The currents ran all through Budew's body, making it shudder and looking more worse for the wear than ever. It even looked a bit lifeless, like it had trouble moving. "Well that sure is a neat trick, do it again!"

Budew shook itself with difficulty, but it did. It made a face of concentration, almost as if it were pooping, and it seemed to grow taller before Feifei's eyes. "Huangju, what's it doing?" She asked, astonished. Huangju wasn't about to let the incompetence of his trainer make this battle even more difficult than it should be. And what it should be was a piece of cake. He had been trained to be a started Pokémon, trained to be able to battle, and that's what he would do. He jumped up without order and struck Budwed in the face, fully expecting it to be over then and there, but the grass Pokémon had already stabilized itself enough. It opened its bulb again and drained more energy from Huangju, making the monkey feel light-headed.

Feifei tried to think of something, but if she had to be honest with herself she knew she wasn't terribly clever. The Budew opened its bulb again and this is when Feifei got an idea. A far-fetched idea, but one anyway. "Huangju, electrocute the thing right where it should hurt most, inside the bulb!"

It was a lot to ask of the monkey, who at the moment was getting the life sucked out of him, but he squared his shoulders, sent currents of electricity to his hands and –ignoring the pain of being sucked dry- drove his fist right where the two part of the bulb separate. The currents seemed to run to the deepest parts of Budew now, instead of remaining on the outside. It was a weak spot, and a blow that was just too much for Budew to take. It was down for the count.

"We did it!" Feifei clapped her hands excitedly. She stopped. "Oh my gosh. We actually did it. That felt good!" She jumped excitedly up and down for a little more, letting out the piled-up energy. She felt a little shaky with adrenaline, but man had that felt good. "We deserve our food, don't we Huangju? Let's eat quickly so we'll be gone when the poor thing wakes up again."

Half an hour later they were on the road again, this time Huangju stayed a little bit closer, most likely because it found out what a horrible battler his trainer was.

Feifei was trying to get better though. Before going on her journey she'd neglected to study, thinking it would be fine, and just not being motivated to actually find out more about battling. After her first battle it was painfully clear how under-qualified she was. She'd spent her lunch going through pages on the Pokédex. Besides information on Pokémon it also held tips for beginning trainrs –that was her- on anything from battling to taking care of Pokémon. She hadn't read all of it, that would take a long, long time, but she'd skimmed it and looked closely at the moves that Huangju had. She was far from prepared for another battle, but she felt like maybe she might do a little better.

She was trying.

A cry from Haungju interrupted her thoughts. He was pointing at something in the distance, something Feifei hadn't paid any attention to. A house in very bad condition. Huangju seemed to be quite excited about it. "You want to check it out?" She proposed, and Huangju seemed very much in favour. "You think it might be haunted?" She said it in anticipation. "Fine then, let's see what it's all about."

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I apologize heavily about the length of this one, it got really long. I'll cut em down or split them up in future posts.
Oh, new CSS too.

Edit: 2914 words, sheesh. I'm sorry guys.

Ffion Caera - Route 29

"So, how about it. Bella?"
This was the name that Ffion had suggested to the small Eevee sat in her lap, and the response was an obvious yes, as far as Ffion could guess anyway. 'Eev - Vee vee!' Isn't the easiest thing to understand, but the small Pokémon was clearly happy with the choice.

Picking up the newly named Bella and setting her on the ground, Ffion stood up and scooped her backpack with her. Bella watched this with interest, and happily trotted alongside her trainer as they began to walk.

They had spent at least an hour just running around together and enjoying each others company. It was a good bonding experience, and as Ffion's father always reminded her, it was important for both trainer and Pokémon alike to stay fit and healthy.

"I think it's time we headed into route 29, thats the first route on our journey. We're going to travel around the entire Johto region, and battle lots of trainers. That's not the only thing though, there's this group of people called Team Zeta. Bad people, they band together for strength and anonymity and then commit all sorts of crimes. We have to stop them, it's really important 'cause if we don't a lot of people could get hurt, y'know?"

Ffion spoke not knowing whether Bella could fully understand her or not, but she spoke none-the-less. It helped to visualize the perilous task ahead of her now, so that she could mentally prepare herself when the time comes. That was the plan at least.
There was a small sign standing to the side of the path, it was worn and clearly old. Moss was growing up the pole and along the bottom on the sign, yet the words upon it were still clear to read; Route 29.

"Try to stay close to me when we're in the long grass, Pokémon like to hide in the grass, they'll jump out and attack you if they think you're in their territory. Are you ready to fight? It can be dangerous if you're not alert, but most of the Pokémon this close to town shouldn't be too dangerous."

This time Ffion knew that Bella understood her words; she quickly hopped close to Ffion's leg, and wore a determined and confident expression.
The pair of them continued onwards. Ffion tried to split her concentration between three tasks; primarily, she was on the look out for wild Pokémon. She was also trying to take in all the sights around her, and on top of this she was trying to keep an eye out for the other new trainers that would be sharing in her journey. It was important to get to know them as they would soon be allies striving against Team Zeta.

The longs grass brushed against Ffion's bare legs, as she watched Bella's head pop above the grass momentarily, before disappearing below sight, and appearing a moment later slightly farther along. A small but shrill cry of 'Eev~' put Ffion instantly on alert, knowing that her Eevee had no doubt encountered a wild Pokémon.

"Bell' You'kay?" She called hurriedly.

There was movement in the grass and all at once a flurry of brown, white, green and snarling noises came tumbling out of the grass. Rolling off, and leaving her attacker upside-down Bella landed between her trainer and the wild Pokémon. Deftly turning as she landed, she faced the attacker snarling, her ears were flattened along her back and her feet planted firmly.
On it's back, the wild Budew struggled to right itself, and glared at the inverse image of an angry looking Eevee.

"Alright Bella, don't give it a chance! Tackle it head on!" Ffion put all the enthusiasm she could into her call, in an attempt to convey confidence in her small Pokémon. The Budew, unable to flip itself onto it's front due to its small arms looked frankly terrified, and hardly a threat. Nevertheless, this was the first ever battle for both Ffion and Bella, and so it was vital that it ended in their favor.

Bella launched herself fearlessly at the struggling Pokémon in-front of her, and crashed directly in to it in a head on collision. The Spinarak flipped through the air and landed on its front, clearly feeling the impact of an unexpectedly powerful tackle. After staring at the unflinching Eevee, it scuttled away into the short grass in retreat.

Ffion cheered for Bella, and after a moment of continued glaring after the escapee, Bella allowed herself to relax. She skipped closer to Ffion, and noticing the sheer pride on the face of the later, squinted joyfully into the hug that Ffion scooped her into.

"You're awesome Bella, did you get hurt? That thing didn't have anything on you!" Ffion said all this very quickly, and when she released the hug to look at Bella, the little Eevee was over the moon due to making her trainer so proud.
At the time it had been automatic, Bella hadn't even realized that she had done it. The simple act of placing herself between an attacker and her trainer was the most natural thing in the world, and it was at that moment that Bella understood what the bond of trainer and Pokémon truly meant. She knew then that she would remember that feeling for the rest of her life and that it was a life she would gladly put on the line to protect her trainer.

Ffion insisted that after Bella's first ever battle they take a rest. Under a large tree, with Bella in her lap Ffion flicked through various information on her Pokedex. The first thing that she did was register her information as it appeared on her trainer license, which meant that the Pokedex was now bound to her. Secondly, she scanned Bella into the Pokedex and read all the information that the Pokedex contained about an Eevee. She found out that Bella had an unexpected move; Wish. The only information that the Pokedex could give was that a Pokémon could use it to heal itself. Ffion decided she would just have to try it out to learn more about it. Next she checked general information on Eevee's.
Incredulous to find out that Bella count not only evolve, but had the option to evolve into one of seven different Pokémon, she showed Bella the images. Bella looked at them with interest, but none of them seemed to appeal to her over the others. They all looked cool, or strong in their own ways, but right now, Bella felt like an Eevee, and couldn't imagine what it would feel like to be anything else.

Flipping the Pokedex shut, Ffion stood up. Bella stood with her back paws on the top of Ffion's backpack, and her front paws on the back of Ffion's head, peering forward over her trainers head. From this vantage point she could see much more than from the ground, and as far as she was concerned, she was ready for anything.

After a short while of walking in silence, Ffion became aware that the scenery around her had begun to change, unsure of how long ago all these trees had started to crop up, Ffion looked around uneasily.
'Lost' was a word that Ffion didn't want to use, so she simply acted confident in order to not worry Bella. They continued forward until Ffion noticed a large incline which gradually became steeper, until there was a small cliff face of around 10 feet. Certainly no way that she was getting up that easily. What had brought Ffion towards this cliff was the young boy stooping in the grass below it.

"Hey there! I don't suppose you know which was cherrygrove is do you?" Ffion called out, in an upbeat tone.

The boy straightened up to look at her, and as Bella stuck her head over Ffion's the boy's focus was drawn to the small Eevee. He squinted at the Eevee on Ffion's head, and pushed the peak of his baseball cap out of his eyes.

"You're a trainer!" The boy accused loudly, and pulled out a Pokeball. "Fight me, then I'll tell you!" He added afterwards.

Ffion though this was rather rude, to say the least. What if she had been in a hurry, or her Pokémon had needed healing? Still, this was an official challenge and an opportunity to fight her first ever trainer battle. The boy pointed at her, Pokéball still in hand and said;

"You're new, Aren'tcha'? I got my first Pokemon a week ago, my dad gave me him so you'd better be careful!"

As he said this he pressed the center button on the Pokéball he was holding, and a small purple rat appeared in front of him. Ffion thought herself lucky, At least it was a Pokémon that she recognized, after all it could have been something much more threatening than a Rattata, or something completely unknown to her.

It seemed that the boy was cocky in addition to being rude, but if Ffion wanted to get herself back on the right path to Cherrygrove then she knew that she would have to fight him. A week wasn't a long time, but it was still a lot longer than she had been a trainer herself, she had no idea how strong this boy's Pokemon might be. Ffion considered the Rattata for a moment. She knew that it, like Bella was a normal type which meant that neither of them would have a type advantage... While Ffion deliberated over her actions, Bella had already decided.
Leaping from her trainers head she landed lightly, and stared down the opponent fearlessly. The courage of her Pokemon made Ffion realize that she should have faith in Bella's abilities, and shook her into action.

"Alright Bella, lets show them what it means to be a trainer!" Ffion stood back as she was speaking to give the Pokemon more room to battle.

"Tackle!"
"Tackle!"

Two simultaneous cries punctured the short silence, and the Pokémon's reacted instantly, both launching themselves towards each other. The impact was slightly off center, and sent one Pokémon to each side, Bella landed on her feet and the Rattata landed on it's side. However, Bella looked visibly shaken by the head on collision, whereas once her opponent had got to his feet he still looked as sturdy as before.

"Damn! Bella you're faster than him, don't let yourself get hit!" Ffion knew she had to play strategically to win this, brute force alone would not leave her as the winner. By getting Bella to dodge to opponents attacks, she would not only buy herself time to think but hopefully; tire out the boy's Rattata.

"Tackle! Tackle! Tackle!" The boy cried to his Rattata. Apparently he didn't realize what Ffion was trying to do.

The Rattata obediently launched an onslaught of tackle attacks at Bella, who managed to dodge every single one. After the sixth failed attack both Pokémon were looking slightly worn out and the boy was looking annoyed.

"Thats not right, make it hit!" He ordered his Pokémon.

The Rattata flew forwards at Bella blindly, in an attempt to please it's trainer. Bella easily dodged this straight forward attack, and the Rattata hit the ground hard, facing his trainer. He looked up at his trainer calling out the words;

"No! Joe- behind you"
"Bella, that's your chance! Tackle!"

Unfortunately for him, at the same time Ffion had called out to her Pokémon and Bella reacted first. Rattata had managed to turn itself mostly around by the time Bella smashed into it's side, and sent it skidding into the dust. Bella staggered a little, she had used all the energy she could muster in that last attack, and was ready to drop. Whilst the boy tried to coax his Pokemon into a fighting stance, Ffion had a stroke of genius.

"Bella, use your wish attack!" Ffion knew that this would decide the battle, as Bella couldn't take another hit and stay standing.

The small Eevee instinctively closed her eyes and focused harder than she ever had before on the idea of the 'wish'. For an instant it seemed as time had completely stopped around her and her consciousness faded for a moment. She saw memories that she had never experienced, she wondered if these were the memories of other Pokémon that had tried to use wish in desperate times. She saw images of raging fires, with small Pokémon running scared, images of a Wigglytuff shielding it's children from some unknown threat and lastly she saw the image of two large pairs of eyes looking down at her. There was no way to know, but Bella felt that these eyes weren't just a memory. They were looking at her, and they filled her with confidence.

The Rattata was back on it's feet by now, and had thrown itself into a final desperate attempt to tackle it's opponent. It was so close, watching the foolish Eevee standing there with it's eyes closed. But then the Eevee was gone, and before the Rattata could even register the pain of a tackle to it's underbelly, it was unconscious at the young boy's feet.
Bella ran towards her cheering trainer and leaped into her arms. Ffion told her how proud she was, and had begun talking about how awesome Bella was, but the rest of the sentence was lost on the small Eevee. Ffion's uttering of 'pride' was all Bella needed to hear.

The young boy was true to his word, and had told Ffion exact directions back to the correct path. Ffion realized now that the boy was in a predicament, he had an unconscious Pokémon and he was in the middle of a route infested with wild Pokémon. After a short talk, Ffion agreed to walk the boy back to new bark town. Along the way the boy introduced himself as Carl. His Rattata was called Joey, and they were training up to begin their own adventure. Today had been their first loss and it had clearly humbled the boy and taught him a valuable lesson.

"My dad always said losing is a valuable part of being a Pokémon trainer. I never understood what he meant until now. My Rattata is named after him."

Ffion showed Carl to Gold's laboratory and told him that he could get healed up there. Carl thanked her profusely, and gave her a small bag of berries which he had collected to show his gratitude. Refusing to take the entire bag, Ffion insisted that they share the berries between Eevee and Rattata.
After a short rest, and a snack of berries both Pokémon were good friends, and Ffion and Carl were too. Confident that they would encounter each other again in their journeys, they parted ways and Ffion started to head towards Cherrygrove once again.

They were on their way, back on track and feeling better than ever. The two of them managed to stick to the path this time, and continued onwards. Ffion noted the area where she must have left the path the first time and passed it by happily.

It was only a short while after this that they came across a run down building. It was difficult to tell what purpose it would have originally served, it could have been a house but it was clear that no one lived there any longer.

What was clear however, was that the building itself was unmissable. Ffion had decided that she wanted to meet a few of the other trainers that were to set out today, as she knew that they were going to be her allies against team Zeta. She knew that she wasn't the last trainer to receive her Pokémon from the professor today, as he had mentioned that he was still waiting for several of them. This means that sooner or later more trainers would be coming this way. Deciding that she would wait at the house for a while and see if anyone comes by she sat under a nearby tree and began flicking through Pokedex pages. Bella remained on her head and eyed the run-down house curiously.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@{Swan}:
Spoiler:

Years
Sadley, the Hoothoot broke free and began to charge once more for a tackle.
"Wow, capturing pokemon is harder then I thought." King said in a low tone.
Hugh looked at King, waiting for a command.
"..... OK Hugh, lets try sky uppercut"
Hugh shook his head in agreement. Hugh then began to charge at the Hoothoot with his right hand scraping the ground at a fast speed. Right when it looked like Hoothoot was about to connect with the tackle, Hugh stopped and connected with his right hand to Hoothoot's face, making it soar into the sky.

Hugh landed on the ground and soon after, Hoothoot finally landed on the ground landing face-first.
Hoothoot got up and used another move.
"HOOOOOOT HOOOOOOT....." the Hoothoot growled at Hugh.
"What on earth was that?" King wondered.
"It doesn't matter, Hugh use sky uppercut one more time!"
Hugh began to charge once again with his right and scraping the ground. The Hoothoot began to charge for another tackle. This time, Hoothoot hit Hugh before he was able to hit it. Riolu flew backwards landing on his feet, feeling the affects of the tackle.
"Hugh are you OK???" King asked Hugh.
Hugh looked at King and shook his head.
Hoothoot charged at Hugh going for another tackle.
"Hugh. Use Endure!!"
King honestly had no idea what endure did, but he had a feeling that Hugh wouldn't be able to hit another Sky Uppercut before Hoothoot hit him.
The Hoothoot hit Hugh, but it looked like it didn't do that much damage.
"RI....... RI....." Hugh cried out, sounding weak.
"Hugh can't take much more of this. I have to either capture it or knock it out now!"
"Hugh..... use sky uppercut!!!"
Hugh once again charged with his right hand scraping the ground.
"OK, It's now or never with this!" King yelled.
Hoothoot charged at Hugh with another tackle.
It was close, it looked like Hugh as going to faint from the tackle..... but then, Hugh stopped and once again, hit Hoothoot into the air with another perfect sky uppercut.
" This is it I should be able to catch him now...." King said to himself.

The Hoothoot fell to the ground on its face once again. The Hoothoot got up, tired, and hurt from the quick attacks and sky uppercuts.
"Ok, pokeball, lets go!" King yelled as he threw a second pokeball at Hoothoot for the final time hopefully. The pokeball it it, and a red light encased the Hoothoot once again sealing it into the pokeball, hopefully for good.....

P.S. I have a weird feeling that this still isn't good enough so if I don't catch Hoothoot, ill just stop trying to catch it...

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
@Somniac:
Spoiler:

@king_nick72:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019

Nycteus "Nick" Richards
pokeball.gif
pokeball.gif
pokeball.gif
pokeball.gif
pokeball.gif

Chapter I, Act I
New Bark Town, Johto

"The Beginning"

The sun shines bright in Nycteus' eyes, as a final break in the trees separates him from New Bark Town, the official beginning to his Pokémon journey is just right ahead of him. Adjusting his blue bandana tied around his head, now drenched with sweat, he grins and forges on.

"This is everything I have ever wanted.." He mutters to himself, continuing to walk closer and closer to the largest building in New Bark Town, presumably Gold's laboratory.

Nick finally reaches the outskirt of the town and immediately notices the liveliness of New Bark Town. Presumably because of all the new trainers beginning their journeys, Nick shrugs his shoulders and approaches the door to the laboratory. Taking another oxygen deprived deep breath, he opens the door and slips into the air-conditioned lab.

The white tile floor is completed spotless, in spite of the many trainers with dirty shoes that have made their way here. What can be assumed is a group of lab assistants run busily around the laboratory, presumably checking their thesis' against each other.

Nick ignores all of this, however, and heads straight to Professor Gold, who's face is illuminated by the artificial glow of the computer screen he sits in front of. Nick makes his way past many bookshelves and Professor Gold looks up from his computer.

"Ah! You must by Nycteus!" Gold exclaims. He is met only by a simple nod by Nick at this time, as he walks closer to Gold. "You're one of the last ones to arrive here, I could only assume that tardiness is the usual with you?"

Gold cracks a smile as Nick replies, "Not always. It was a long walk." He says with a half chuckle.

"You've caught me in a free moment, we better go get you set up before the rest arrive." Gold says, standing up. He motions for Nycteus to follow him, which he does. After a few echo filled steps, Gold and Nycteus come across a table filled with an assortment of Pokéballs. Gold picks one up, handing it to Nick.

"This is a Cyndaquil. I had an understanding that you like fire type Pokémon very much, I know Cyndaquil and you will be a good match." He notions for Nick to take the Pokéball as he continues, reaching on the underside of the table pulling out a red Pokédex and some empty Pokéballs. "I know you're very excited to begin your Pokémon journey, but I have a serious question for you… You've heard of Team Rocket, correct?"

"Heard of them? Everyone in Johto has heard of Team Rocket. And you took them down single handedly." Nycteus says, rubbing his stubble. "Why do you ask?"

Nick takes the Pokéballs and stuffs them into a pouch hanging outside of his pants. He tucks his Pokédex in his front left pocket. The Pokéball containing Cyndaquil is hanging visibly on a Pokéball holder on his right hip.

"There's another organization coming up very similar to them, and they're attempting to capture both Ho-Oh and Lugia… We're not sure what for, but we've recruited you as well as multiple other trainers to attempt to take down this organization."

Nick nods as the Professor continues glumly, "I would go out there and do it myself, but my days of a Pokémon trainer are over- my duties are strictly in the laboratory now. Will you help us?" He questions.

"Of course." Nick says, "I better start training up then." He says, half jokingly. The Professor nods.

"Well, there's nothing else keeping you here, you had best be on your way." The Professor notions towards the door, as Nick spins on his heels.

"Thanks Professor. I won't let you down." He adjusts his bandana, and makes his way to the door on the glossy white floor. Upon getting outside, he grabs the Pokéball containing Cyndaquil from his belt. He presses the button in the middle, exactly the same way he did for his life, and pointed it at the ground.

A red laser emits itself from the Pokéball, eventually forming a Pokémon which Nick had seen during Gym Battles – a Cyndaquil. Nick pulls his Pokédex out of his pocket, as the Cyndaquil looks at Nick curiously.

"Cyndaquil- the Fire Mouse Pokemon. Cyndaquil protects itself by flaring up the flames on its back. The flames are vigorous if the Pokémon is angry. However, if it is tired, the flames sputter fitfully with incomplete combustion." The mechanical voice from the Pokédex emits. Nick kneels down.

"You and me, buddy – we're gonna be the best combination that Johto has ever seen." He rubs Cyndaquil on his head, and he seems to respond well. Nycteus takes off his backpack, unzips it and reaches inside, pulling out a Pokétreat. He feeds it to Cyndaquil, rubbing him on the head once more, before putting his backpack back on.

He notions towards Route 29, and takes a deep breath. The hot sun beams down on his face. He places a pair of black sunglasses over his eyes, shading the world around him slightly.

"Alright Cyndaquil. Let's begin our journey." Nick says calmly, but on the inside is truly excited to begin his Pokémon adventure.

Back