• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Transport!

blue

gucci
Years
So obviously we know that a new method of transport has been introduced into Pokémon X and Y and that is Roller Skates and riding Pokémon, this lead to people believing that these features was a substitute for the classic Bicycle. However in the latest trailer we can see the player riding a Bicycle through the streets of Lumiose City!

bikkke.png

Are you happy to see the return of the Bicycle and the new transport features? Also do you think there will be any extra methods of transport? Discuss!

Last edited:

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Roller Skates, Bycicles and Pokemon, oh my!!! I can't believe we will be able to ride on all of these. This will be very cool, although I'll probably be very nostalgic and ride my bycicle most of the time. For extra methods of transportation, maybe the could include skateboards, or a surfboard if you don't wanna use Surf. These can be some pretty good ideas.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
We already know about:

• Gogoat
  • Roller Skates
  • Bike
  • Anything else I forgot

Well the new trailer proved that there are train tracks, so I'm assuming that there will be a train.

Spoiler:

Anyways, I'm glad that the bikes are returning, even though I only used them in Gen. 3... What I'm wondering is why there are new methods of transportation in the first place?

Years
We already know about:

• Gogoat
  • Roller Skates
  • Bike
  • Anything else I forgot

Well the new trailer proved that there are train tracks, so I'm assuming that there will be a train.

Spoiler:

Anyways, I'm glad that the bikes are returning, even though I only used them in Gen. 3... What I'm wondering is why there are new methods of transportation in the first place?

Diffrent places you can reach with diffrent methods I'm assuming. Or...Some methods can't be used in some areas so the new ones might be able to be used in those areas.

Years
I rarely used the bike after Gen IV (mainly because of HG/SS's Follow-Me feature), so I'm not too fussed about transportation. Still, it is nice to see that the bike will be returning. And by the way, have roller skates been confirmed? Because last I checked, they were just kind of a theory, backed up by that one video clip (that really doesn't prove it, in my opinion)...

blue

gucci
Years
I think because of it being a new addition I'll mainly be using the Roller skates as often I would the Running Shoes, I never bother with the Bike either tbh.

Years
We already know about:

• Gogoat
  • Roller Skates
  • Bike
  • Anything else I forgot

Spoiler:

if i remember right it been confirmed in e3 that we can ride rhyhorn and it will help pass through rocky roads

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Could anyone send me the link to this trailer? And well, the bike seems kind of derpy imo. :3

tnfsf11

I was hoping they would replace the generic sprites seen when surfing, diving & flying but then we see the same generic surf sprite but as a model :P
But I consider riding Gogoat a good way of compensation ;) I hope I can ride it anywhere & anytime & not just in city streets.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I want to ride my biCYCLE I want to ride my biiiike, I want to ride my biCYCLE I want to ride it where I liiiike

I wonder if the roller-blades and the bicycle will have different uses in the games? Just like how the Acro bike lets you pass the white ramps and the stepping stones and the Mach bike lets you pass over crumbling floor and climbing sand slopes.
It wouldn't be too bad if they both did the exact same thing and just existed for customization's sake, but I would like seeing certain areas that can only be accessed by using the roller blades and some areas only accessible with the bicycle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Honestly I think the Roller Skates just replaced the Running Shoes. We have Bike which should be faster than Roller Skates and Roller Skates should be faster than walking.

Years
1jkpkl.jpg

I'm curious if we can ride in the blue car. Maybe it could work like a Taxi? The thing on the top looks like the things on top of taxis.

Also, on the map the train tracks look like the go underground. So maybe its like a Subway, though I have no idea where it could go, or what would be the point when you could just use fly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
1jkpkl.jpg

I'm curious if we can ride in the blue car. Maybe it could work like a Taxi? The thing on the top looks like the things on top of taxis.

Also, on the map the train tracks look like the go underground. So maybe its like a Subway, though I have no idea where it could go, or what would be the point when you could just use fly.

You cannot fly to a place you never visited. So if there is an area that can only be visited by the Railway then it could be exclusive to that. I don't remember if you can fly to Anville town so they can make it to where you can't fly to the location that the train tracks are supposed to take you.

Also depending on where you are, like in Gen 2 and its remakes maybe you are limited to where you can fly based on regional boundaries.

A lot of people seem to think that that railway leads to Unova since there is an unused train track on the unova subway map.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I know that they were planning to have a skateboard as well as a bicycle in Gold and Silver, but it never materialized. It would be interesting to see if they ever include that in a Pokemon game. It doesn't seem too far off considering they have roller skates now. I think it would be cool if they had the extra transportation be able to allow the player to reach places they wouldn't be able to without it.

blue

gucci
Years
Apparently you can grind on railing with the Roller Skates, now THAT I would like to see! It would probably be the equivalent of jumping down from ledges maaaybee idk. ;;

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I'm really loving all of the little extra things you can do. The extra modes of transportation are awesome.

Do we know if there are running shoes in the game or did the roller skates completely replace them? It would be kind of redundant to have them both.

I'm also curious to see what pokémon you can ride. I wonder if it'll be limited to just a few select pokémon or if you can ride anything that could logically carry the player.

Back