• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Upcoming Summer camp ark (new characters appear)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ah wow, I didn't think of something so simple as the Pokemon they picked. Yeah, the fact that they have the type advantages would work out huh.

Also Shauna is likely going to have the personality she has in the game for the most part so thinking anything that Shauna in game is kind of a waste of time to be quite honest. Sure, there will probably be tweaks and such but I highly doubt they're going to be anything significantly different.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't really see any of them being rivals for Ash. If anything they'll mirror their game counterparts so none of them will be Badge hunters which is kinda what they'd need to be to become Ash's rival.

This Arc may just be a small break from the main story and a little comic relief introducing the game characters. I see them being more buddy buddy than battle rivals. Its a good chance for some character growth for Serena, Ash, and Clemont but other than that can't see anything plot breaking happening in this small series.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Ah wow, I didn't think of something so simple as the Pokemon they picked. Yeah, the fact that they have the type advantages would work out huh.

Also Shauna is likely going to have the personality she has in the game for the most part so thinking anything that Shauna in game is kind of a waste of time to be quite honest. Sure, there will probably be tweaks and such but I highly doubt they're going to be anything significantly different.

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but since it wasn't mentioned before I pointed that out.

Also like some users here said, Shauna is the battling type, and that's the rival Ash needs to improve.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Nah. If I was being sarcastic I would have emphasized the words with italics. I really didn't think of something as simple as that lmao.

I won't be surprised if it's nothing plot breaking from these three but it would be a nice push in a good direction if they do set them up to be some kind of rivals. Even if they're not badge getting rivals it would be something to break a trend (some trends have already been broken, after all.)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
In a Protagonist -centric Anime like Pokemon , A Rival appeal depend on Ash .
Example , Gary didn't Battle Ash Or reveal any pokemon during Kento series , Was he a trash rival ?
Nope, Then what made Gary so good ?
Answer : Ash himself .
You see , Ash hated Gary ! He hated the idea of being inferior to him and he was always jealous of him .
Those feeling Ash felt for Gary and the way he acted around him was the reason Gary became a good rival .
Thats why none of BW rival was good due to Ash polite & gentle manner toward them.
So Shauna , Trevor & Tierno appeal as a rival & Character depend on how Ash treat them .
If Ash treat them like everybody then they won't be very good.
But if Ash treat them differently depending on their personality then they able to become good character .
Honestly , This show need rivals that Ash does not want to lose to ! A rival that Ash want to beat .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't really see any of them being rivals for Ash. If anything they'll mirror their game counterparts so none of them will be Badge hunters which is kinda what they'd need to be to become Ash's rival.

This Arc may just be a small break from the main story and a little comic relief introducing the game characters. I see them being more buddy buddy than battle rivals. Its a good chance for some character growth for Serena, Ash, and Clemont but other than that can't see anything plot breaking happening in this small series.

You can't really say they will mirrior 100%. Bianca wasn't a badge hunter in BW yet she became a rival and even entered the Poke League. However, she did keep most of her personality, I think. Shauna wasn't that into battling and she runs away multiple times in the game. I think Trevor would be more of Ash's rival than the other two. I don't really know why, it just feels that way.

But I have to agree that I do not think any of these three will be the main rival. I just hope it has an ok storyline if there are more than a few episodes in the arc, as I said earlier.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Honestly , I just prefer to a Cute Anime exclusive girl serve as the leader of the opposite group and complete against Ash.
Later she likes Ash but act Tsundere toward him.
Or else it would be just another filler ark with Shauna , Travor and Tierno!!!
Cat & Mouse fight between 2 group is far interesting then ''Slice of life'' Summer camp ark.
The Competition during previous Sinnoh Summer camp was too friendly and soft !

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Nah. If I was being sarcastic I would have emphasized the words with italics. I really didn't think of something as simple as that lmao.

I won't be surprised if it's nothing plot breaking from these three but it would be a nice push in a good direction if they do set them up to be some kind of rivals. Even if they're not badge getting rivals it would be something to break a trend (some trends have already been broken, after all.)
Then it's ok :P

Yeah, some trends have already being broken, like now

A rival for Ash feels kind of strange, just feels to soon or to late.

Well what I mean is, normally they introduce Ash's first rival in the first episodes of the series, that's why to late, and with was the case with Hoenn, only close to the beginning of the Pokémon League that's why to soon, so they have broken another trend (if one of the three will be Ash's rival).

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope Serena treated like a ''School idol'' during this Summer Camp ark.
Which create more Amourshippy moment ! Such as-

-Serena become instantly Popular among Boy due to her extremely good look and nice personality .

- Boy start to call her Serena-sama

-Boy surround Ash & Clemont to know their relationship with Serena.

-Boys & Girls sleep separately So Serena & Shauna share their room with 2 random girl.

-At night , Girls talk about Boys and ask Serena if she has any Boy she likes !

-During the ''Bonfire Dance'' , A lot of Boys tries to ask Serena to be their Dance partner while Serena tries to ask Ash to be her Partner.

-
While Bonnie run around the camp and random girls to be Clemont which Embarrass him.

By the way , Does Summer Camp has ''Bonfire Dance'' ???

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
New Trailer -

The Summer cump doesn't look like a Summer camp at all .
Well , At least we know Shalure Gym will be a drew Or Defect ! Korrina probably gave away Badge just for putting a good. Seriously How many time does the rat need to curdstump for Lucario's Promotion .

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That last bit does not show that it will be a draw and what is even a defect in your eyes? It shows that yes it looks like it will be a 'this is it full power one more hit' kind of ending but there have been plenty of battles where Ash's Pokemon is the one that stands. And face it, we all kind of knew that Pikachu was going to be the one facing Lucario after Pikachu lost several times before. It just wouldn't be Ash otherwise.

How does it not look like a summer camp? Looks plenty summer camp to me to be honest. And maybe they never really meant camp to begin with. And if they did? Well there is nothing wrong with having a camp in a beach like area or an area with a beach nearby. After all geography wise in Kalos it makes sense.

Again, or rather like usual, I feel like you're jumping to conclusions or judging just based on what you see in the preview and I honestly think it stunts your opinion later because you're already so hung up with what you already thought before watching the episodes. Chill out, relax, and stop judging so much before you actually see it.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Normally I wouldn't be happy with Pikachu looking to be the deciding factor for a third Gym battle in a row, especially when Keromatsu and Yayakoma haven't had proper focus in a long time. And I'm surprised that Corni is going with Lucario at all, given that she doesn't use Lucario in the game's version of the Gym battle and Mega Lucario seemed so far out of Satoshi's league the last time they faced off. But I guess it all does make sense: Satoshi and Pikachu need redemption after getting trounced by these two twice already, and the fact that Corni is using Lucario means that his inevitable acquisition of the badge won't feel like a consolation prize if he only defeats the three Gym Pokémon without even taking on Corni's true star. I do think that anything less than a traditional victory for Satoshi after two losses to Corni would be highly unsatisfying but I wouldn't be surprised if they go for the draw anyway, or if they gave Satoshi the kind of advantage he got in Zakuro's Gym.

As for the Summer Camp episodes go, they still just look like a few episodes worth of filler packed into a story arc. Which is something I enjoy, and I wish the anime franchise would do this more instead of the usual "CotD" stuff, and I expect it to be fun. But I wouldn't expect anything more from them.

Braxien

Banned
Years
I'm excited that they are finally implementing more characters from the game into the anime. I don't know if they had a 'Summer Camp' Arc in Pokémon Black/White, but it was excellent to watch when Ash was in Sinnoh.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Serebii.net said:
The special magazine, Pokémon Summer Guide, has revealed another set of new Episode title for four upcoming episodes. These episodes are due to air in August 14th, 21st & 28th and September 4th respectively and feature the small Pokémon Summer Camp arc that features Shauna, Trevor and Tierno and ends with a climatic team battle of Ash, Serena & Clemont versus Trevor, Tierno and Shauna
Episode 842: Pokémon Summer Camp! Enter the Rival Trio!!
Episode 843: Serena VS Shauna! PokéVision Showdown!!
Episode 844: PokéEnteering! The X in the Mist!
Episode 845: Team Battle! Competing for the Hall of Fame!

Is anybody else excited to see this? I'm hoping it's a Triple Battle because the Maractus battle was not exactly the best way to advertise Triple Battles imo. A Rotation Battle would also be cool, but I think a Triple Battle is more likely to happen.

Which team do you think will win the battle? What do you think Xerneas has to do with any of this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
tumblr_n8uclh2jKg1r2iinvo1_1280.jpg

It's a triple battle. I'm so exciteeeed ♥ As for who wins idk I have an odd feeling that Team Rocket will be interrupting it based on the translated episode description (I'll put them below in a spoiler).

As for Xerneas it's hard to say. From the looks of it each episode leading up to the final one focuses on each of the Rival Trio. First one will focus on Tierno (Based on the image above), second one will focus on Trevor, and the third one will obviously be focusing on Shauna. And then the last one, of course, focuses on all of them. So for the Xerneas episode specifically it sounds like they get caught in the mist (again listed in episode description below) and Xerneas is either a. the cause of it or b. helps them out somehow?

Anyways episode descriptions (from the magazine) below:
Spoiler:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I can't wait to see how the triple battle plays out. Hopefully it will be dynamic with all six Trainers battling simultaneously rather than focusing on two Trainers per attack. Also, looking at the info for Serena VS Shauna! PokéVision Showdown!!, it seems possible that Serena and Shauna may very well be rivals. I'm honestly surprised that PokéVision is coming back. I expected that to be a one-time thing. Hopefully Clemont's camera mech will work this time :P

I'm guessing Xerneas will pull a Suicune or Lake Trio and appear for a brief period of time in a misty area. I don't think much will happen during these episodes, but maybe later on Ash and friends will discover that their enconter with Xerneas had a purpose (like when Ash saw Ho-oh).

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
A bit odd to give them the Kanto starters, but I guess it's good to showcase them. lol though, Ash using Pikachu whilst Serena and Clemont use Chespin and Fennekin, they should have made him use Froakie. Either way I'm looking forward to a proper triple battle, and hopefully it is a triple battle, not just them pairing up and battling at the same time.

Praying for some Serena development, though. I want her to catch something new but other than the PokéVision episode none of this arc seems to feature her much so that dream's gone.

As for Xerneas, I'm betting that whilst Charmander guides them through the woods, it'll get tired and pass out, they'll panic for a few seconds and then Pikachu or s/t will sense Xerneas, they'll all look at it, Ash being Ash will run after it and they'll all follow, eventually they'll end up outside the woods, no longer lost.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't like that he isn't using Froakie. But I can't wait for the triple battle.

My dream was to have a battle with all three Kalos starters at once, not Pikachu. It is very annoying because of that reason. At this moment in time, Pikachu is awesome again and not weak. He probably could defeat all of the pokemon fairly easy. Good news though, at least he uses Froakie in the episode with Fennekin it looks like. At least in one of the episodes. Maybe Froakie will get really hurt and can't battle.

About X, my guess they are only showing it for the movie coming up. But I guess Team Flare will not be playing a role sense X is awake, unless they are going through a new storyline again.

They had great timing with the arc though. Last few weeks of Summer. Maybe they will have a beach episode after Summer Camp.

Last edited:
Back