• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh how I know those feels. I raced with the CW-Games community a while back. I sucked so badly.

Lol, I have a feeling that would be me. :(

I remember when I used to play Mariokart Wii hours on end. I unlocked all characters and races, and then I always used Yoshi after that. Aww Yoshi and his Cucumber Kart...I loved that Dinosaur <3

Haha, I use Yoshi n___n I like how in MK7 the size of your character doesn't affect the size of your kart like in MKWii.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Been a while since I played MK7. Usually I play it on long flights or when I'm outside with the 3DS. Still though, it's really fun, my favorite Mario Kart if DS didn't exist, and one where I can actually win without stupid luck with the items.

Wario and DK every day, all day.

Years
Mariokart has been amazing across all platforms. It's so fun and addicting, I would be both sad and surprised if they stop thew production of those games. It brings smiles and laughs to a huge amount of people. Plus, there is always challenges thrown in to them which makes me want to play them more :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My nephew has Mario Kart 7. It's a pretty awesome game, and luckily my nephew had unlocked everything. I played as Luigi and he's pretty good! That game is on my list when I get a 3DS pretty soon~

Years
Did you guys ever play those online mini-games on multiplayer? My favorite was the one where you had to eliminate the other Karters until you were the last left. :3

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Out of the Mario Karts I owned (all but 64 and double dash, though I have played the latter) the only Mario Kart I dislike is MK Wii, but only because of the stupid item ratio that destroyed online for me. That, and the stupid, unbalanced characters (I use King Boo, Wario and Waluigi which are the worst) and how bikes dominated karts. But, its core gameplay is still fine...though, MK7 perfected it, so it's the better game. Still think DS (snaking or not) and SNES/GBA games got the better mechanics.

Though one thing I have to say is that Sonic & All Star racing has a superior core gameplay. I only played Transformed (and it's amazing, I recommend it), but Sumo have done a very good job with it. The racing is complimented with an arcade feeling (it's Sega, after all) and a true sense of speed (because let's face, Mario Kart feeels slooow. At least for me.), and has some of the best track designs I have ever seen in any kart racer. It reminds me a little of Crash Team Racing, which I consider the best kart racer of all time. Though, I don't like the roster much, and despite finding him a great addition, I'm maining Ralph, a guest character from Disney, for god's sake. Give me Ryo from Shenmue (he was in the first game!) and Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza! Here's hoping one of them is DLC.

Anyway, anyone here got Playstation All Stars? If you're a Smash fan (and not a fanboy lol), then I recommend it. Although I feel Smash is the better game, All Stars is still a solid fighting game and the love the developers put in it is evident, even if the presentation is one of the worst, but that's from the lack of budget. If anyone here got it, hit me up for a match. I main Heihachi because I'm a Tekken nuts but also use other characters, mainly Drake, Raiden, Toro and Sweet Tooth...I'm a fighting game veteran so it's easy to learn other characters in a game like this. :P

On another note, looks like I'm getting Rhythm Tengoku because I'm craving for more of the series, and the original is widely regarded as the best one. All I need then is Rhythm Tengoku Gold to have every game in the series in every language available. :P Pretty excited personally! Still gotta play the DS game in French and German. EDIT: Looks like there's Italian and Spanish for the DS game, which my copy doesn't support. Ah, dammit! EDIT2: Karate Man is soooooooooo good in French though!

P.S: Got Halo 4 and it sucks ass. Series is dead to me. :((((

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, Halo clearly lost it's touch with Halo 4. I was a huge fan of the whole series, especially 3. Sad to see a series start to die down like this. Please may this not happen to Far Cry...

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Halo 3 was and still is the pinnacle of the series for me. Reach destroyed the basic and simple jump and shoot formula which is what makes Halo enjoyable to me, but it was at least a good game. (even though I didn't like it.) Halo 4 spread itself further away and felt more like Call of Duty, but worse.

Also, why the hell is Halo 4 not 60fps? I know my friend didn't know what he was talking about when he told me it was 70fps, but I expected 60fps. Imagine my disappointment when my cousin told me it was 30fps and then saw it on my own. I know all the previous Halo's were 30fps but I don't tolerate it anymore when it's 2013 and Call of Duty manages to run at 60fps. 30fps first person shooters give me motion sickness, especially if they're graphically powerful. (Halo 1-ODST were not so they were fine.)

Years
FPS is always a key factor in games, yet a lot of games still struggle with it; 2012 was a year full of that. Halo 4 really is a poor excuse for this. I mean, as you mentioned, now that it's 2013 games should be hitting that 60 FPS by now. I would be upset if any of the big games followed the same path as Halo did.

Years
A Yoshi game! That looks really neat, graphics and gameplay are very smooth. I've always been hoping for a new Yoshi game to be released, and here it is.

Wind Waker...I heard a bunch of news surrounding it and it looks promising. I'm glad they haven't gone for the amazing graphics, but gone for the cartoon look; makes it feel like a Zelda game should feel.

Years
No! >:(

Leave Wind Waker alone. WW was the last LoZ game that I liked. It looks like they are just porting it over really. Graphics look more polished than upgraded and they have added MOAR GLARE!

Also, Monolithsoft, isn't that just Zack from Final Fantasy: Crisis Core? :/​

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Wind Waker...I heard a bunch of news surrounding it and it looks promising. I'm glad they haven't gone for the amazing graphics, but gone for the cartoon look; makes it feel like a Zelda game should feel.
You don't think the graphics that the tech demo presented fit Zelda? It's not a wholly light-hearted series (and Wind Waker isn't a wholly light-hearted game, though it does interesting things with the cartoony graphics and the darker tones), but I thought graphics like those in the tech demo and Twilight Princess complimented the games well. Though, that's just me. I don't have anything against the cartoon art style; in fact, I liked it quite a bit in Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

No! >:(

Leave Wind Waker alone. WW was the last LoZ game that I liked. It looks like they are just porting it over really. Graphics look more polished than upgraded and they have added MOAR GLARE!​
Yeah, it's an HD remake. Difference between HD remakes and normal remakes (as I'm sure you know) is that, well, HD remakes are mostly just HD; other than that, they usually don't add much (though it's not uncommon for games, such as Wind Waker, to add new modern features to compliment the modern hardware). I prefer normal remakes (though SoTC, Metal Gear Solid, and Okami have nice HD remakes), but people have been clamoring for an HD remake of WW for a long time, so it was a given.

Also, Monolithsoft, isn't that just Zack from Final Fantasy: Crisis Core? :/​
Fabio. Fabio. Fabio. FABIO. Don't insult Monolith like that >:(

Though, pretty much everything that was talked about has me interested. Probably the most exciting thing was the know Monolith game (I'm guessing it'll be a link between Xenoblade and either Xenogears or Xenosaga), which pretty much made the Wii U a mandatory system for me. I'm also very interested in the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game (which was really out of nowhere); I don't know if I see it coming over though, since only 2 of the 4 Shin Megami Tensei games are localized (technically 1 of the 3, if you don't count "If..." or "Strange Journey) and a good number of the Fire Emblem games aren't, either. Oh well, I'll remain hopeful.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I just want Yoshi's Epic Yarn, and I want it now. It looks so adorable. It makes me go all "d'aaaw" inside. it's beautiful. I want it.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Wow, both the WW Remake and the Yoshi look good. I haven´t been in Zelda that long, but I did want to try WW. If I ever get a Wii U, I´ll get it. : D

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
That Yoshi game...looks more like a new "Epic Yarn" game than a "Yoshi's Island" one, and I don't like how it makes me reminiscent of Little Big Planet with it's new art style in some areas, which is a series I absolutely loathe. (I get it's appeal but I personally don't like it.) Still, Good-Feel is a good developer, and I'm willing to support the people who made Wario Land: Shake It!.

Also, that Wind Waker remake was announced at the right time, haha. I was actually thinking of buying the game but I'm more than willing to wait.

In other news, found a used copy of Another Code R for cheap in Gamestop and impulse bought it because I LOVE Cing. <3 (RIP :( ) Not gonna touch it till I buy the original DS game, however, unless the sequel isn't dependant to it? That reminds me, gotta buy The Last Window as well since it's apparently as good as Hotel Dusk.

EDIT: Anyone getting Ni No Kuni and might want to post impression? I want to get it because of the Studio Ghibli involvement, but I don't want to buy a potentially time consuming JRPG unless it's REALLY good.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, I think it is an Epic Yarn by the looks, since most of the clips and screenshots show a lot of the textures they used in Kirby's EY, especially the big clue being Yoshi is made from yarn. But you know, I am really looking forward to that, a nice Yoshi adventure game.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I haven´t played any Yoshi games until the end, but this one looks prety good. I think the Epic Yarn style fits Yoshi.

By the way, is anybody planning on getting Fire Emblem: Awakening? I think I´ll be getting it. I have played the demo a lot of times, trying to complete it in Hard. But those monstrs keep pwning me. XP Lunatic is just basically imposible though.
...Be right back, gonna play Sacred Stones for a while.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Fire Emblem Awakening <33333333
That game looks so amazing, it might be my new favourite Fire Emblem(or maybe not, Radiant Dawn is too good) I actually like this one, unlike Shadow Dragon. The graphics resemble Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn and I REALLY like the DLC feature.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I honestly don't mind if Epic Yarn becomes a console series of cute games, even if it gets a bit too easy. Its cute, calming, and could be pretty fun. Not to mention the other screens make it seem like its more then just that. As for FE:Awakening, man I want to buy it. Having recently finished most of the games available for Europe, I have an unsatisfiable thirst for more. Even if its torturous to watch a character die for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back