• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm pretty pleased that they've included some (limited) character customization. It looks kind of like only the hair, but even if that's all it's still nice that they give us the option finally.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm pretty pleased that they've included some (limited) character customization. It looks kind of like only the hair, but even if that's all it's still nice that they give us the option finally.
Skin colour, too. Two things. Maybe there'll be more, who knows?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

Those are my hopes Starter Wise.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Anyone seen the unconfirmed info on PokeBeach? I sounds really good:

Spoiler:

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Dragon type on a starter? Not likely.

My favourite is actually the bird (panda comes second)
The bird looks like an actual Japanese robin. I hope its final evo will be fire/flying

Years
I still ain't buying it, they wouldn't make a new battle style just for flying pokemon, the battles will always be how they always were, turn based in a battle stage, one type of mon wouldn't get their own style.

That would more likely be a minigame, anyway I don't believe those news either but I would not be disappointed with any of them.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I hope that the dual-typed moves aren't true. Why 2 types for 1 move?! The rest seems ok to me, although I still don't like the idea of Fairy Type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
"The professor's English name is Patrice."

That's also a really terrible name, so I hope all of this isn't true. :( Also, Fairy immune to dragon? If Mawile gets an evo it'll be OU or Ubers o_O

Guy

just a guy
Years
New type confirmed? Remember that Smash promo of the girl dressed in a Sylveon costume trying to break bricks? Well, Bulbagarden tweeted recently about the latest Pokémon Smash episode and here's what they said:

"Is a new type confirmed? Well...maybe. During the Eevee-Akiyama friends segment of Pokémon Smash earlier today, it was heavily implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice types, and weak against Poison types. If this is true, and not just the Pokémon Smash team horsing around, then this is an outright confirmation that Sylveon is a brand new type.

For those who haven't seen the segment, it had the team (cosplaying as Eeveelutions) trying to figure out Sylveon's type. First, Shoko (playing Sylveon) pulled out some Nunchucks....but then got shoved inside a drum by a big burly guy, implying Sylveon is not a Fighting type, and in fact is probably weak to them. Next, she broke a block of ice. Akiyama and the others suggested that she may be a Steel type as a result of these two results, and decided to test the idea. The method they came up with? Seeing if she resisted Poison by having her put her head in a box and expose her to some really bad smelling items. That...didn't work out so well for Shoko. Not clear if that was meant to imply Poison was super effective, or that it was just effective, but at least it was clear that Sylveon lacked the Poisin immunity of Steel.
(Yes, crazy stuff like this is typical of Smash)

One more thing to consider. If this is true, it contradicts the "Fairy-type" rumours which have been going around recently. While those did suggest a Poison weakness, they said nothing about Ice at all, and suggested that Sylveon was actually strong against Fighting.

So...new type looking incredibly likely. Your thoughts?"

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I can't say I'm all in favor of a new type, but it would certainly add interesting things to the game. Even veterans would have to learn a thing or two. Unless this Pokemon is a Grass/Something else type, it will have to be a new type to have those weaknesses. Who knows, maybe they will change some old Pokemon as well, like they did with Gold and Silver. Most fans think a new type is unnecessary, but really, it would be ok.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
New type confirmed? Remember that Smash promo of the girl dressed in a Sylveon costume trying to break bricks? Well, Bulbagarden tweeted recently about the latest Pokémon Smash episode and here's what they said:

"Is a new type confirmed? Well...maybe. During the Eevee-Akiyama friends segment of Pokémon Smash earlier today, it was heavily implied that Sylveon is strong against Ice types, and weak against Poison types. If this is true, and not just the Pokémon Smash team horsing around, then this is an outright confirmation that Sylveon is a brand new type.

For those who haven't seen the segment, it had the team (cosplaying as Eeveelutions) trying to figure out Sylveon's type. First, Shoko (playing Sylveon) pulled out some Nunchucks....but then got shoved inside a drum by a big burly guy, implying Sylveon is not a Fighting type, and in fact is probably weak to them. Next, she broke a block of ice. Akiyama and the others suggested that she may be a Steel type as a result of these two results, and decided to test the idea. The method they came up with? Seeing if she resisted Poison by having her put her head in a box and expose her to some really bad smelling items. That...didn't work out so well for Shoko. Not clear if that was meant to imply Poison was super effective, or that it was just effective, but at least it was clear that Sylveon lacked the Poison immunity of Steel.
(Yes, crazy stuff like this is typical of Smash)

One more thing to consider. If this is true, it contradicts the "Fairy-type" rumours which have been going around recently. While those did suggest a Poison weakness, they said nothing about Ice at all, and suggested that Sylveon was actually strong against Fighting.

So...new type looking incredibly likely. Your thoughts?"

Pokejungle contradicts Bulbapedia. According to Pokejungle, who uses PJ and ZephyrSonic+ ZS's girlfriend to translate, Sylveon wasn't really effected by Poison. They tested to see if she was immune to Poison as part of the Steel test. She wasn't immune but it was never said Poison weakened her Wow they changed it XD...hrm.

blue

gucci
Years
Well there's a huge load of information regarding X and Y for the next Pokemon Smash so hopefully at one point they could follow up on the Sylveon news and finally reveal it's typing. Either that or they could just re cover what we already discovered in this weeks CoroCoro edition.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm hoping for the slim chance they reveal Sylveon's type. I'd rather discuss a new type ─ if it's that ─ than continue discussing what Sylveon could be and just going around in circles. :|

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm just amazed at how much information was shown in the leaking of CoroCoro for this month. They revealed 4 new Pokémon, Pokémon that you can ride, official artwork of the players and the new region named Kalos.

Hm... speaking of the new region, I doubt anyone would remember this old post here:
Hm... earlier I was thinking that the region might actually be set in Paris. But then again... when I looked at it on Google Earth, it was completely inland. So now I kind of think that the new region would probably be based in France, but I'm thinking it'll take place somewhere on the west side of France.

So it kind of makes me think that the region will kind of look more like this:
Spoiler:

What do you think? Is this a good location for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to be set in? :o

Looks like my speculation of the region being situated in the north-west coast of France became a reality, compare my old post to the CoroCoro scan:
Spoiler:

Looks close enough to me.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I can see all of France in the region's artwork. I bet there will be 2 major mountain ranges/caves because of the Pyrenees based of mountains in the south, and the mountains in the east probably resemble the French Alps.
And is it possible for legendaries to be based upon French mythologies and tales? The musjedeer trio would fit Karos more than Unova if you ask me...

Years
I'm just amazed at how much information was shown in the leaking of CoroCoro for this month. They revealed 4 new Pokémon, Pokémon that you can ride, official artwork of the players and the new region named Kalos.

Hm... speaking of the new region, I doubt anyone would remember this old post here:

Looks like my speculation of the region being situated in the north-west coast of France became a reality, compare my old post to the CoroCoro scan:
Spoiler:

Looks close enough to me.

It's fairly close. Your map shows only the more north-south Cotentin peninsula whereas the map or Karos shows pretty clearly the more east-west and larger peninsula or Brittany alongside some smaller looking peninsula that looks like the one in your map.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotentin_Peninsula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back