• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Birthday, Ash!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Today is May 22. According to some calculations and aside information, this means that today is Ash Ketchum's twenty-seventh birthday. While I know that's not really accurate because that's not how the anime works, it's still nice to celebrate for such an iconic character. So let's focus on Ash for a day or so. What are your favourite memories of our protagonist? Maybe he's somehow impacted your life, maybe he's just been a mildly entertaining character to watch once in a while. Whatever your fond memories of him and his adventures, please share them~

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i must say, i will always remember his battles in all of the leagues up to sinnoh, as they were awe inspiring and intense. i havent seen the unova league yet so i will see if it is the same, but his league battles will forever remain in my head. wow, 17 years of pokemon? for real? it seems like it was just yesterday when i was watching the first episode as a kid. weve seen ash grow from a kid to a really good pokemon trainer now, and i cant wait to see what the future holds.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You know, if not for Ash, I probably wouldn't have ended up here? The anime is what properly introduced me to Pokémon, and I did have a slight crush on Ash as a child. He was certainly my favourite character, especially around the time of Master Quest. Later, I began my internet life searching up PokéShipping fanfiction. Somehow I ended up at PC as a hardcore PokéShipper looking for people to complain to about May being Misty's awful replacement. How embarrassing omg. But it wouldn't have happened if Ash wasn't his adorkable self and totally shippable so you know what that's okay. I've grown up and so did he, in AG and DP, and he's ended up with much better story arcs than silly romance whatnot.

I know some people don't like him and say he's getting stale over the years. But really he's still adorable and has been a very consistent character. And the anime sure would not at all be the same without him.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I need to thank him for the laugh when he was turned into stone during the 1st Movie, because I was that sick weird kid.

But happy birthday, Ash! Thank you for teaching me that vikings live in Minnesota, stealing bikes is a-okay, and lightning strikes are survivable. 8) But no really, part of my introduction to Pokemon was from the anime, and I mean, what 6 year old kid didn't like him? Don't answer that lol. Also, am I the only one that wondered what he would look like if he really was 27 years old? I can't be...lol. Sure would be interesting to know!

Years
Happy Birthday Ash from another of your die hard fans. You were the one who teached me to love and care for your loved ones and never give up on anything even when the odds are against you. I will always remember you because I grew up by your virtues.

Years
Happy 27th Birthday you always looking like a ten year old boy. I wish you were more like Red, but still you are a cool trainer. I would like to see you as a 27 year old honestly.

Years
Happy birthday our fave Pokemon Master Ash Ketchum!

He is such a lovable character, with some strong Pokemon by his side, the power of Aura, competing in loads of tournaments, and best of all he loves all his Pokemon and brings out their true strength. Despite most people thinking the Best Wishes series ruined him, I still think he's an icon that the anime just can't handle being without.

Back