• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] James901's Fakemon Dex

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
So I'm in the process of creating Fakemon for a fan-game I plan to make titled Pokemon Garnet Mirage and I thought I'd post them here to show everyone what they'll look like. So far I got Pokemon 1-32 of 171 fakemon completed and more will be coming soon.

The region of the game is named Cretens and is set in a post-war scenario. The war was between people and Pokemon. Since the Pokemon were fighting a war some have evolved to have a more armored-like appearance. Also a few pokemon will be based of off the Greek/Roman gods because I just love those. :P

(I should also note that all designs posted are the final designs and might not receive any changes to the concept. Of course I will post better quality/digital versions of each fakemon but besides that they're all complete.)

Starter Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Normal Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Some day I'll get around to making this post look nice but for now I'm just focusing on getting my fakemon done.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your drawings are really good. i like how the pokemon in the evolution are different, but they all look similar. they look so nice. the flow of them is guess what i am saying xD
your first attempt at digital art is really amazing. it looks so cool. i would work on your highlighting and shadowing. i wish the eyes on the digital one looked more glossy. the whiskers kind of bother me, they maybe need a shadow or something.
i can't wait to see more of your drawings and digital art.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Thank you. :D Sorry for taking so long to reply I completely forgot about to. :/

Also I'll be uploading some more later today, I've been taking long cause I want to upload them all in my intended pokedex order. I finished 8 more but I want to finish the generic bird first before I post them all. So that will hopefully be in a couple hours. :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I specifically like the Water-type line. [:
And, you're right, the digital art is very good for your first try. If you don't mind my asking, what program do you use?

You said that you think the anatomy on the Grass-type is off...it's based on a feline, correct? If you'd like, I can point out some of the more inaccurate parts (I've been drawing felines for what I believe is five years). But, of course, it's your Fakemon, so the anatomy you want it to have is your choice!

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I specifically like the Water-type line. [:
And, you're right, the digital art is very good for your first try. If you don't mind my asking, what program do you use?

You said that you think the anatomy on the Grass-type is off...it's based on a feline, correct? If you'd like, I can point out some of the more inaccurate parts (I've been drawing felines for what I believe is five years). But, of course, it's your Fakemon, so the anatomy you want it to have is your choice!

Thank you. :D For me it's a probably a tie between the Water-type and Fire-type lines, I just can't seem to choose. I used Photoshop CS5 which I had on my old laptop but lost when I got my new one. :(

Yes the Grass-type is supposed to be feline, I tried to base it off of a lynx. I would love it if you could help me out with it. :D

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The main things I noticed were the muzzle and legs.
jane-burton-domestic-cat-8-week-ticked-silver-kitten-walking-profile.jpg

The front legs should be more slender where it connects to the body, and should have shoulders. The hinds are pretty good, but the upper portion (can't remember the name for it for sure) is a bit misshapen. That could be your design, though.
And the muzzle is a little too large in general. I know how difficult that is, though! [:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
The main things I noticed were the muzzle and legs.
jane-burton-domestic-cat-8-week-ticked-silver-kitten-walking-profile.jpg

The front legs should be more slender where it connects to the body, and should have shoulders. The hinds are pretty good, but the upper portion (can't remember the name for it for sure) is a bit misshapen. That could be your design, though.
And the muzzle is a little too large in general. I know how difficult that is, though! [:

Ahh I see! Lol I wish I thought of looking up pictures when I drew them... Pretty stupid of me. :P Thanks for pointing that out. :D

I've added some more fakemon to the OP, please be sure to check them out. :D

Last edited:

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I really like these. The starters look very similar though, but I don't think it's a problem. I really like the Donkey one.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yo James!

I was always watching this thread, and it seems like you've progressed alot from after your starters! Loving that porcupine line!

There's really nothing critical to say about your drawings, since you seem to have nice black lines and great shading.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Thank you everyone! :D I'm happy to see people are interested in my work. I'll do my best to post up some more fakemon by the end of this week for you guys, though it may come later in the week cause I have exams coming soon.

Edit

I added an updated version of the final evolution Grass-type starter Lynxus, be sure to check it out! It's much better than the first! :D

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Here's some more pokemon to add to the Cretens Region Dex! There's a lot of them too!

Here's a rooster pokemon based off of Hermes/Mercury.
Spoiler:

And here's the second Grass/Fire/Water trio of the region. Similar to how Pansage/Pansear/Panpour are for the Unova region.
Spoiler:

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
Wow you have really cool ideas. I love the water starter.
My only one critique is that..
The non-evolved starters aren't quite "babyish" enough compared to officials. It's just something I noticed, it doesn't really impact their visual appeal though.

Something else I noticed (may or may not be design choice) is that on a few Pokemon the heads look proportionately large.

But really dude, if that Gryphon and water starter were real... I'd friggin' love them. I love them now, anyway. And you have some cool typings.

The non-evolved starters aren't quite "babyish" enough compared to officials. It's just something I noticed, it doesn't really impact their visual appeal though.

Something else I noticed (may or may not be design choice) is that on a few Pokemon the heads look proportionately large.

But really dude, if that Gryphon and water starter were real... I'd friggin' love them. I love them now, anyway. And you have some cool typings.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years

I see what you're saying with the starters and I'll try to make them more "babyish" when I get better at digital art and can make the digital versions. :)

As for the large heads I don't really notice this, except with Nocupine and Raicupine, where I completely agree and will try to fix this too when I go digital.

I put a lot of thought in my designs and try to make them look as interesting as I possibly can, as well as have cool, good, and unique typings. Happy to hear I'm succeeding so far. :D

Thank you for taking the time to look over my art and giving me some constructive criticism. :)

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Totally missed your post. Did you point out the new ones because you want critique?

I feel the need to state that if Bonecuda were a real Pokemon, I would have one. Definitely one of my favorites from this fakedex.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Totally missed your post. Did you point out the new ones because you want critique?

I feel the need to state that if Bonecuda were a real Pokemon, I would have one. Definitely one of my favorites from this fakedex.

Lol not really, I just decided that instead of forcing everyone to go through the spoilers in the OP to find the new ones I would put them in a new post. Just to make things more convenient for you guys. I did of course add them to the OP as well. Though if you'd like to critique them I'd more than willing to except any input you, or anyone else, have to give. :)

And thank you! Bonecuda was one of my favorites as well, and was also pretty easy for me to draw. It's a win win situation! :D

Back