• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Scripting Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Did you read what i wrote just two posts up from here?I learned scripting,i can do very long scripts now.I don't edit scripts now.I create them from the scratch.Why?How?I looked all the other commands,i learned their actions,etc,and now i'm using them.

While that may be true, do you really know every use of every command?

Just because you can start off this way, doesn't mean it'll always yield scripters who can create scripts from scratch. While it may have led to you being able to create them from scratch, does it work that way for everyone?

I'm not trying to insult or criticize you as a person, I'm just saying that even though editing scripts can get you started, you'd have to learn all the commands yourself, and figure out every use for yourself. It's much easier on a hacker if he uses a tutorial that teaches him the coding, not just "edit this" and you get a new "this".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Lol I find it funny how Ray gets pissed off so easily. How immature, these people are only giving you constructive criticism, open your eyes before your mouth.

As a starter scripter, I didn't find this helpful at all.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
There's nothing wrong with this way of scripting. Ray's right, it's good for beginners. If this would have been posted when I started, it would have been a lot easier for me. But for me I wrote scripts from scratch, it was like learning a language. However if I started over, I would learn this way, and the whole "the script'll be too big and overwrite something else" would help me learn about repointing and how much free space to calculate. So this a really good way to learn scripting, Well done, Ray. ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Lol I find it funny how Ray gets pissed off so easily. How immature, these people are only giving you constructive criticism, open your eyes before your mouth.

As a starter scripter, I didn't find this helpful at all.

Oh, how nice of you.

And they gave contsrucitve critism with rude comments. Besides, if this didnt help you, don't post, i know it won't be any help to some hackers, but to me it was great help. So, think about yourself, and not me. You didnt help me improve at all with this "I didnt find this helpful".
Give at least contsructive critism. And "think before you post" to you too.

n00b

Years
this method is very usefull for the beginners hackers, like me. i find scripting difficult. then i will try this method and in the future i try to script by myself. Thanks for the thread man

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
isnt this common sence when I first started to script I would read scripts from the game a try to figure out what each one did and aplied it to my scipts, any bodey with common sence would do this, its a big base of science "trial and erra"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back