• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Elimination Round - 2010

Which hacks to progress?

• Light Platinum

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Sienna

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • Life of Guardians

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Liquid Crystal

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Identity

Votes: 26 27.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
HotY%202010%20R2%20banner.png

Introduction

This is the second round of 2010's Hack of the Year competition. Here you, the public, vote for your favourite hacks to help them progress to the third, and final, round. This round is a straight-up voting poll to determine which three hacks will progress to the judging round. There will be a poll that will have all five of the progressed hacks listed; you're allowed to vote for your three favourite hacks! The three hacks with the most votes this time next week will be progressing.

Eligible Hacks

• Pokémon Light Platinum by WesleyFG
  • Pokémon Sienna by Manipulation
  • Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians by destinedjagold
  • Pokémon Liquid Crystal by linkandzelda
  • Pokémon Identity by VGAura

Rules and Guidelines

• You may not vote for your own hack
  • You may not vote based upon the author's reputation or track record; only the hack is being evaluated here
  • You are permitted to post in this thread ONLY to post what hacks you voted for; discussion is not permitted
  • Any posts that are nominations or do not follow the rules of this round will be deleted
  • Make sure you have played as many of the eligible hacks as possible before you vote
  • Voting lasts from 14/11/10 13:00 to 21/11/10 13:00
Props to Vrai, Thrace and Hiroshi Sotomura. Compiled and written by Manipulation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Seeing that Azure Horizons won last year, I believe that Light Platinum should win. Not becuase of Uber 1337 aWeSoMe T!L3s !!1!!11 But it should be that there are 16 badges obtainable and it isn't a GSC remake, and that the creator WelseyFG worked very hard on the final beta since last November too.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Lignt Platinum here,It's got just about everything:awesome graphics,Complicated scripts,nice features and two regions(on a Ruby base).

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
...you guys do know you can vote for up to three hacks, right? D:

I voted Sienna, Liquid Crystal, and Identity, seeing as those three were my favorites out of the five we have.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I went with Sienna, Light Platinum and Liquid Crystal. I've actually played all of these hacks as well as Identity. I was tempted not to vote for LP and go with Identity, but in terms of the amount of sheer effort Wesley put into his hack, I think it's deserving of my vote. However, I feel that it falls short to Sienna and Liquid Crystal. The latter hacks have a great amount of progress and have great gameplay, without having to rely on colourful aesthetics that I feel LP had to. However, I didn't go for Identity due to the fact that I didn't find it as engaging as the others, by a small margin. I'm more interested on who will reach the top between LC and Sienna however, as they both seem rather deserving of the title. I didn't play LOG.

I would be happy to see either win this year though as I found gameplay in both to be rather outstanding compared to any of the other hacks in the competition this year.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
All 5 were my favourites, so picking out of them was very difficult for me. Yet, I voted for 3 hacks I thought stood out the most.

Light Platinum - Graphics really stood out to me, and it really did show off Wesley's greatest talents. it had good scripts too, and whilst not the best in that department, everything else pulled it back for me.

Identity - Rare to see a hack that both feels like Pokemon yet also has really different elements. it's uniqueness made it stand out to me, and this was close between it and Sienna to me. Sorry Harry, but Identity just nipped it with the departure from the norm, yet also mixing the standard things in.

Legend of Guardians - Really, again, a hard choice between this and Sienna. The major factor for this was similar to the last one - something about it seemed unique. I like the graphics, the interesting storyline and the fact that DJG is really pulling out his greatest skills in making the hack really stand out in his trilogy. I guess the amount of work he put in, mixed with the amount of uniqueness swung it to me.

Yet the reason why I didn#'t pick the other 2 were... Well, kinda similar. Both were really interesting, and I do admire the skill put in by both teams. i loved Sienna, and Liquid Crystal was great, yet (and i know that this will get me hated by some, and I can live with that) they didn't have the same wow factor to me. Liquid Crystal was a GSC remake, and as I stand up for these remakes when they appear, I just feel that despite the tream doing a good job on it, I feel that they could do better with a completely fresh hack. As for Sienna, it just felt... Like the same old things were happening in a new region. Not a bad thing, yet I just saw it and thought "wow" for a while, and then I thought "hmm... this could pass off as Game Freak's work" which in my eyes... Is both good and bad.

tl;dr version - I voted for my three - Light Platinum, legend of Guardians and Identity as they felt the most original.

Years
I'm not really a hacker, but sienna seemed like a really solid game, the fakemon, the gameplay, it seemed like a hack that shows effort, which the others did as well.
My vote goes to Pokemon Sienna by Manipulation

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Well, a really tough decision for me. I voted for Identity, LoG, and Light Platinum.

Identity was probably one of my favorite hacks, it didn't just stick to the same old Pokemon story, it went a bit further, with an amazing plot, too! Sienna just felt like the same old story, which is why I didn't vote for it.

WesleyFG just put so much work into LP, he's even almost finished it, with 16 badges.

LoG was just an amazing hack, with a great story, although not as good as Identity, and great tiles, maps and scripts.

I just don't think LC is as good, seeing as it's a remake, although it is pretty amazing.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I have to go with pokemon light platinum,liquid crytsal, and my third was a tough choice, I love the storyline of sienna and the fakemon but I have to go with Pokemon Life of Guardians, I love the ruby destiny series and this part of the series is really awesome and addicting and I hope to see all these hacks in a final version so again my vote goes to

Pokemon Light Platinum,Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians, and Pokemon Liquid Crystal

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians - Absolutely epic storyline, beautiful scripting.
Pokemon Light Platinum - Awesome Graphic, tiles, scripts and great storyline =)
It's very tough to choose third hack but Liquid Crystal gets the third vote. It's one of the best G/S/C remakes since Shiny Gold. Tiles are very good and scripting is very good

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Well I voted for Ruby Destiny, Sienna, and Light Platinum.

Ruby Destiny - The story is incredible and the pokemon I've come to love over the two years.
Sienna - The mapping and spriting is amazing and a lot of work has been put into it so it is a masterpiece.
Light Platinum - This is my favorite, it has been for about three years since even the graphics were standard; It's definitely has the best gameplay IMO and the graphics and mapping gives it an extra edge.

...thats where it stands

Logan

Years
I voted for Identity and Life of Guardians. I didn't feel like casting my third vote.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I voted for Sienna, LoG, and Liquid Crystal. Being the only ones that I have liked among the list.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well, it looks like Light Platinum, Sienna, and Life of Guardians will be progressing to the final round. The judges will now play the hacks and assess their quality. The results should be posted sometime in December.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Ah who are the judges? xD Anyways, good luck to destinedjagold, Manipulation, and Wesley FG on who will win the Hack of the Year 2010. =]

Logan

Years
...and here are our awards. In their official Hack of the Year 2010 placings are Identity and Liquid Crystal in fourth and fifth places respectively:

HotY-4.png
HotY-5.png

And the other three awards are for the second round placings; they are all the three hacks that will be progressing to the third and final round, judging:

HotY-1-finalist.png
HotY-2-finalist.png
HotY-3-finalist.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back