• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
FINALLY G-Money posted!
I was starting to thing he went the way of Aaryn! :shocked:
Woah man! You stole SS's luck I gave to them! XD

Hmm.. Luckpal has fraud insurance, so if you would just send me the luck again, they will refund you. Grats anyway on the Skorupi Dratizard :\
261 Snivy. Hopefully TSE's luck will get here soon.
100 Pikachu. I felt like doing these while in the chat yesterday,
and they go really fast, (REing in Viridian forest) so I'm hoping to maybe finish
by the weekend. They're starters too! (Pokemon Yellow)

Well, Good luck to me! (Oh, and you guys too.)
See Ya!

Last edited:
Years
Finally, just found the shiny Abra! At the games corner in Celadon! :D I had 9999 coins and after i used all i could i kept soft reseting but, i found it after my 23rd time of doing that! :D My luck is still lasting! :D what should i do next i wonder? :) any suggestions?

Woah! Your luck is just... MINDBLOW!
23 SOFT RESETS!?
A legendary. No questions. Mewtwo, Ho-oh, anything. If you got luck like that go after an awesome one!
Congrats on that anywho! Totally immense!

Holy guacamole! Shinies and activity!?
20.%20boogie.gif

Yeah! It's on a shiny hunting thread on a famous forum and everything! Who'da though!? Lol,

Spoiler:
He posted!! And now you can do it, too! Just send a $10,000 dollar donation to G-Money or an equitable quantity to his Luckpal account...
2.%20laugh.gif

Alternatively, you could click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page... It works, really! And it's 100% free! And people are actually doing it!! Yay! :D

Haha! Well, his post certainly had an odd "POST! GO NOW! CHECK THREAD! POST! DID I MENTION POST!?" effect on me.
And I'm posting :bandit:.
(GodcalledBOB could probably afford to send every club member that amount. His luckpal account must be overflowing O: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee
buckets of luck
So that's what Keruso was purchasing in those lines!! I wonder what would happen if someone spilled one...

Precisely.
(Well, see, when you spill a bucket of luck something strange and very rare called "Valentine's Day" happens. Everyone starts running around in a romance frenzy, but it's a great day for hunting. Strangely, dropping buckets of luck only seems to occur on 14th of February. Too bad D: )

My goodness!! Who spilled the luck buckets!? You guys should really be more careful handling those things, "lol."

:$ Nobody...

See, G-Money, your big posts of humour mean I want to quote it all. Look at my big post now! XD

Tomorrow is also my birthday if anyone ignored or didn't saw my last post. I'm hoping for some birthday luck, but I doubt it.

Congrats to Keruso, TheShinyEevee and GodCalledBOB on their new Shiny Pokemon and good luck to everyone on on their hunts. :P

Kind of assuming your in America, that meaning it's probably already your birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you get your luck (You could use that patch over there that spilled, someone forgot to clean it).

Thank you, also! :D

Quote:
Woah man! You stole SS's luck I gave to them! XD
Hmm.. Luckpal has fraud insurance, so if you would just send me the luck again, they will refund you. Grats anyway on the Skorupi Dratizard :\
261 Snivy. Hopefully TSE's luck will get here soon.
100 Pikachu. I felt like doing these while in the chat yesterday,
and they go really fast, (REing in Viridian forest) so I'm hoping to maybe finish
by the weekend. They're starters too! (Pokemon Yellow)

Well, Good luck to me! (Oh, and you guys too.)
See Ya!

Sent it through again, and opened a case.
Good luck, hope you get one/both soon!

(Is LuckPal gonna become a thing here?)

TSE

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Hey guys, how're the hunts going?

Only posted once or twice here, but I'm determined to stick to this hunting business. Been talking to a few of you in the IRC as well haha - I'm Gozaku on there if you're wondering.

Anyway, I've decided to hunt on Route 35 in Soul Silver right now, with a range of possibilities such as the Nidorans, Yanma, Ditto, Drowzee and Pidgey. Will let you know how I get on.

Years
Hello there! My name is GolurkIsDaBomb and i am a new shiny hunter. As of today I have three shinies, and I started about a month and a half ago.

My first shiny was a golett on january 1st(!) after two days of hunting

Next was a trubbish while REing for solosis, once again only two days

And most recent was my totodile nicknamed Finnick on heartgold after about a week and a half of searching. Later when i checked, he had a finicky nature lol.

So i seem to have pretty good luck, and a thing for blue/green shines! :P
Right now I am playing through heartgold, but will probably SR for an eevee(I'm currently searching for a dunsparce, normal or shiny)
Hope I'm accepted to the club!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Welcome (unofficially) into the club, GolurkIsDaBomb!
275 Snivy.
200 Pikachu.
See, G-Money, your big posts of humour mean I want to quote it all. Look at my big post now! XD

TSE

I know, eh? G's posts have that effect on me, too, and now so do yours!

Good! Now I just have to wait until it gets here (might be a while, UK to Canada) and then I'll finally get my precious Snivy!

And I hope so! I started an internet meme! Yay! :cool:

Edit: Just realized we're on page 764. We went through a whole page in less than two days. Wow.

Years
So as I was looking for a Snivy on the GTS, I come across a Japanese one for an Eevee. I went ahead and made the trade. Now I think I'm going to MM it, but I've never done MMing before. Does anyone know a good place to hatch the eggs?

Years
Hey guys, how're the hunts going?

Only posted once or twice here, but I'm determined to stick to this hunting business. Been talking to a few of you in the IRC as well haha - I'm Gozaku on there if you're wondering.

Anyway, I've decided to hunt on Route 35 in Soul Silver right now, with a range of possibilities such as the Nidorans, Yanma, Ditto, Drowzee and Pidgey. Will let you know how I get on.

Heya Polarix (a.k.a. me in disguise :D)

It's ultimately rewarding! If you've got the time, why not? XP

That's a great place to hunt! I'd love the shiny Nidorans one day.

Hello there! My name is GolurkIsDaBomb and i am a new shiny hunter. As of today I have three shinies, and I started about a month and a half ago.

My first shiny was a golett on january 1st(!) after two days of hunting

Next was a trubbish while REing for solosis, once again only two days

And most recent was my totodile nicknamed Finnick on heartgold after about a week and a half of searching. Later when i checked, he had a finicky nature lol.

So i seem to have pretty good luck, and a thing for blue/green shines! :P
Right now I am playing through heartgold, but will probably SR for an eevee(I'm currently searching for a dunsparce, normal or shiny)
Hope I'm accepted to the club!

Welcome (unofficially)!
Congrats on all of those shinies - blue green ones rock! I think there are quite a few people racing for shiny Eevee right now; maybe you could join the race? It's a great target! I love my one :)
Good luck on your hunts!

Welcome (unofficially) into the club, GolurkIsDaBomb!
275 Snivy.
200 Pikachu.

Quote:

TSE

I know, eh? G's posts have that effect on me, too, and now so do yours!

Good! Now I just have to wait until it gets here (might be a while, UK to Canada) and then I'll finally get my precious Snivy!

And I hope so! I started an internet meme! Yay! :cool:

Edit: Just realized we're on page 764. We went through a whole page in less than two days. Wow.

Yays for funny effects! XD
Yeah, though it shouldn't take too long... I hope... UK to Canada is quite a stretch, though! Haha!
SNIVY!!! For the WIN!!!

I used to start internet memes... Then I took an arrow to the knee...
NO! Must not start making jokes like that XDD

@YourEdit: O: Records! We're making records! 6 people on the chat at once is one, now this! Yay!!!

So as I was looking for a Snivy on the GTS, I come across a Japanese one for an Eevee. I went ahead and made the trade. Now I think I'm going to MM it, but I've never done MMing before. Does anyone know a good place to hatch the eggs?

Hey! What a great idea! (you'll be the 4th person who's hatching for one currently! :D) A lot of people use a Flame Body/Magma Armor Volcarona (Don't know which one it gets, sorry) to hatch eggs faster and use fly to that long bridge. Is it called Skyarrow Bridge? I'm so helpful xD I just use a Litwick for the ability and cycle along in the route underneath the daycare, because I think flying would take longer, but that's just my opinion. Either work great, I'm sure!

Good luck!

I have a Shiny Spiritomb, looking for a Shiny Frosslass, and much more of course, my friends seem to get them like crazy though -_-

Awesome! Not sure if you're in the club already, if not, welcome (unofficially)! I hope you get the Frosslass soon!

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
(GodcalledBOB could probably afford to send every club member that amount. His luckpal account must be overflowing O: )
Yeah, i probably won't be needing any luck right now so i'm going to donate to everyone that posts on this thread in the next hour..

I don't need the luck because i'm not doing any shiny hunting right now :P

I'm doing a solo challenge with a Blastoise on LG :P

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Happy Birthday Epic-Latios-Fan!
289 Snivy.
200 Pikachu.

Hey guys, still nothing over here. Other than maybe..
I have decided to begin a new quest. I now unveil the first ever known, Legendary Sinnoh quest! This quest consists of obtaining Every Sinnoh legendary Pokémon by SRing, barring the roamers and Manaphy. I am not far enough in Pokémon Platinum to begin yet, but the minute I get to Giratina, the quest shall begin!

Good luck to all, may the force be with you, and if anybody's crazy enough to join me on this quest, great!

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Okay guys Im back :D (dont know if im still official ::O)
I've been real busy with my Gym my exams and everything so ive had no time for shiny hunting+ on top of that losing my DS completly(RIP) Really p**ed me off.

Only done 500 more encounters on my firered shiny Quest (Route 24 :3714 RE)

My rubys battery died so theres no hunting on that also. Nothing going for me much :(

I really need some support ( A nudge, a poke , a push or kiss ;P ) to carry on hunting.
So really give me any ideas. Should i carry on the encounters in FR or carry on through the game (only got 1st badge) and hunt for something new. Or restart my leafgreen for a new shiny .

Or if theres anybody who wants to do a shiny race on FR-LF i'd love to PM me :)

Years
Quote:
Yeah, i probably won't be needing any luck right now so i'm going to donate to everyone that posts on this thread in the next hour..

I don't need the luck because i'm not doing any shiny hunting right now :P

I'm doing a solo challenge with a Blastoise on LG :P

Darn! I missed the hour! Hehe, I hope that solo challenge is fun!

Happy Birthday Epic-Latios-Fan!
289 Snivy.
200 Pikachu.

Hey guys, still nothing over here. Other than maybe..
I have decided to begin a new quest. I now unveil the first ever known, Legendary Sinnoh quest! This quest consists of obtaining Every Sinnoh legendary Pokémon by SRing, barring the roamers and Manaphy. I am not far enough in Pokémon Platinum to begin yet, but the minute I get to Giratina, the quest shall begin!

Good luck to all, may the force be with you, and if anybody's crazy enough to join me on this quest, great!

I must have faileded. I think I said happy birthday yesterday. Actually, I don't really know. WELL, Happy Birthday to Epic Latios Fan anywho! I hope it brings you almost as much luck as that rare occurance of Valentine's, and much joy! :D

SS, you're really gaining on me! I need to keep Snivy-ing! And good luck on those, also! :)

As for your Legendary Quest, good luck! I was planning on doing something similar since I like almost all the Sinnoh Legends. I would join you but I have no access to Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus and I don't really like Uxie/Azelf. Which leaves few legendaries xD But I'll be more than happy to join you for Giratina/Dialga/Palkia, if you'd like!

Okay guys Im back :D (dont know if im still official ::O)
I've been real busy with my Gym my exams and everything so ive had no time for shiny hunting+ on top of that losing my DS completly(RIP) Really p**ed me off.

Only done 500 more encounters on my firered shiny Quest (Route 24 :3714 RE)

My rubys battery died so theres no hunting on that also. Nothing going for me much :(

I really need some support ( A nudge, a poke , a push or kiss ;P ) to carry on hunting.
So really give me any ideas. Should i carry on the encounters in FR or carry on through the game (only got 1st badge) and hunt for something new. Or restart my leafgreen for a new shiny .

Or if theres anybody who wants to do a shiny race on FR-LF i'd love to PM me :)

Welcome back!

I hope you're able to get another DS soon ); That must suck badly. But who knows; maybe it's the Shiny Hunting God telling you to play GBA games for shinies! ;)

I'm sure, with small dedication, you will be able to succeed! Here's your nudge: imagine that day when you see that beautiful shine, hear the dii-ding, have a nice oddly coloured Pokémon. And see how close that could be! With a little button pressing... Who knows! Maybe today's the day! I wish you good luck!

TSE.

P.S. Anyone coming on the IRC anytime soon? :)

EDIT: Up to 1075 eggs for Snivy. I just hope it comes soon now, I really want to do my SR hunt ):

EDIT 2: 1111 Eggs on Snivy! Funny numbers! :D

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Happy birthday, Epic-Latios-Fan!

Hmm, I don't remember posting on this page before. Oh wait, that's just TSE! :cer_laugh:

FINALLY G-Money posted!
I was starting to thing he went the way of Aaryn! :shocked:

Oh dear! I had nearly forgotten all about that. Thanks for reminding me about the Curse of the Owner...[/sarcasm] Well, I guess someone has to take the fall, and it might as well be me. But I'll hang in there as long as I can! I'm not giving up just yet, although I've accepted my inevitable fate. My days are numbered.

So I better get as many shinies as I can before time runs out! I'm guessing a 12/21/12 apocalypse... *insert various Ghost-type shinies making strange noises*

Precisely.
(Well, see, when you spill a bucket of luck something strange and very rare called "Valentine's Day" happens. Everyone starts running around in a romance frenzy, but it's a great day for hunting. Strangely, dropping buckets of luck only seems to occur on 14th of February. Too bad D: )

Ah, okay. That explains it! Our Valentine's Day gave us a "love" of shinies! :pink_love:

Only posted once or twice here

The super-secret Shiny Hunter list says you haven't posted yet; did you used to have a different account?

Hello there!

Welcome to the club! Congrats on those shinies - you seem to be quite lucky!

We went through a whole page in less than two days. Wow.

Now if only we can reach 2004 levels of 40 posts per day... :cer_laugh:

I have a Shiny Spiritomb, looking for a Shiny Frosslass, and much more of course, my friends seem to get them like crazy though -_-

Welcome to the club! Shiny Spiritomb is awesome!

Heya Polarix (a.k.a. me in disguise :D)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from double posting. Even if you're using two different accounts.

Darn it! This post is technically a double post, because I'm you and you're him and he's her and she's it and it's them. I knew it was them all along!!

Legendary Sinnoh quest!

The force is strong with this one. Good luck on your ambitious quest! I might join you at some point down the line. If the apocalypse ends up not happening, maybe in 2017 or 2018.

I'm really sorry to hear about your DS. :( But keep hunting! If you hunt, you'll have a 1/8192 chance of getting a shiny. If you don't hunt, your chances drop to 0/8192! *nudges and pokes*

[Snivy Baroque]

Shinigami Snivy
Years
Urgh, GTS is useless for shiny hunting -_- seriously, all I want is a shiny female Snorunt so I can get a Frosslass, but people want the stupidest crap for trades -_-

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
300 Snivy.
200 Pikachu. I know I'm not getting very far with these, but I really want shiny Snivy.

As for your Legendary Quest, good luck! I was planning on doing something similar since I like almost all the Sinnoh Legends. I would join you but I have no access to Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus and I don't really like Uxie/Azelf. Which leaves few legendaries xD But I'll be more than happy to join you for Giratina/Dialga/Palkia, if you'd like!

TSE.

P.S. Anyone coming on the IRC anytime soon? :)

Sure! I'm getting to Newmoon island/Flower Paradise/Spear Pillar by AR,
but I know you don't have one. So sure, join me for the dragons!

And I'm on the IRC now, don't know if you've noticed.

Oh dear! I had nearly forgotten all about that. Thanks for reminding me about the Curse of the Owner...[/sarcasm] Well, I guess someone has to take the fall, and it might as well be me. But I'll hang in there as long as I can! I'm not giving up just yet, although I've accepted my inevitable fate. My days are numbered.

NOOOOOO!!!! G!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD, STAY WITH US!!! :cer_cry:

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
I'm really sorry to hear about your DS. :( But keep hunting! If you hunt, you'll have a 1/8192 chance of getting a shiny. If you don't hunt, your chances drop to 0/8192! *nudges and pokes*

Ahaha true i think i'm getting a new DS today so ill SR for another shiny starter in hg straight away. And i'm going to carry onthe hunt on route 24 thanks to your inspiration (lol did i spell right )

Welcome back!

I hope you're able to get another DS soon ); That must suck badly. But who knows; maybe it's the Shiny Hunting God telling you to play GBA games for shinies! ;)

I'm sure, with small dedication, you will be able to succeed! Here's your nudge: imagine that day when you see that beautiful shine, hear the dii-ding, have a nice oddly coloured Pokémon. And see how close that could be! With a little button pressing... Who knows! Maybe today's the day! I wish you good luck!

I really hope its the god of all shinies *bows* thats telling me to play on the GBA but i also hope that he sends me a DS for christmas :P haha

To be honest i've forgot that sensation of getting shiny cus i havent seen one for months and months and months and mon..
But as ive said im getting a DS (borrowing :( ) of my friend so its back to the hunting board :D i'm going to hunt hg for starters or do you think i should play through black ?

Anyway thanks alot to both of you youve been great help !!! Good luck to you both

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Sure! I'm getting to Newmoon island/Flower Paradise/Spear Pillar by AR

You don't need to do that! You can get to Newmoon Island and Flower Paradise without AR! There's something called tweaking where you bend the very fibers of reality, become immortal, enter alternate universes, and bike so far to the end of the alternate universe that you actually come out on the other side, which is really this one! It's kind of complicated, but these videos explain it pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdRHx4ql9Dg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8se6l3JR0

The first video was too hard for me to do (I tried 50+ times, "lol), but this one is much, much easier. I'd recommend the following for getting into The Void in the first place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_zb1wi3BU&feature=related

One huge warning: once you get to Seabreak Path, the guide says to go up to a Jubilife Area and save the game. DON'T DO THIS! In order to be extra careful, make sure you open up your Pokedex (or some other menu that takes up the whole screen) beforehand to test if it's a safe and stable interdimensional vortex. If you can open your Pokedex and the game doesn't crash, then it's safe to save. I must've messed up this part/been on a Mystery Zone patch, and when I saved, my game file was deleted. Fortunately I didn't have any shinies on my Pearl at the time and hadn't even gotten my eighth badge yet, so it's wasn't really a big problem. On the off-chance that you do lose your save, you'll still be able to transfer all your Pokemon in your boxes to a 5th gen game; it's just the Pokemon in your party that will be lost forever. But that shouldn't happen if you open the menu once you get to Seabreak Path - if the game freezes at the menu, you'll be able to go back to your last save. You'll have to do the interdimensional spatial warp travel again, but it's a whole lot better than losing your save. :cer_wink:

I spent a lot of time telling you about that warning because I really don't want you to lose your game, but it's a wonderful method! I mean really, what's better than interdimensional traveling to get legit Shaymin/Darkrai (shiny, too!! You can SR!!!!) without an AR? :cer_laugh:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
You don't need to do that!

Uh.. I'm afraid you do. While the glitch of tweaking itself is possible in all fourth generation main series games, tweaking to reach Darkrai and Shaymin was fixed in Pokémon Platinum, the game I am using. Besides, the risk of losing the file is too great a risk to take, in my opinion. But thanks for trying to help!

Back